• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT| ZEHAHAHAHA! The Name of this Age is Blackbeard!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big One

Banned
if lafitte really is a schemer then i imagine him trading burgess's vivre card for doflamingo. doflamingo thinks he is free once again except shillew lops off his head and they get his devil fruit.
Nah Oda is saving Doffy for the war between Luffy and Kaidou. You can BANK on that.

I mean honestly Can the bb pirates come close to the revs? Burgess got stomped by sabo low diff(honestly no diff at all) and i like to believe there are stronger guys than sabo in the rev army

smurfx

get some go again
it really makes no sense for blackbeard to risk heavy losses for just weapons. does blackbeard even have a huge fleet of pirates? i thought blackbeard would take advantage of the supernovas fighting the other emperors but i never imagined he would instead fight the revolutionaries who aren't really his enemies at this point.

Big One

Banned
I mean honestly Can the bb pirates come close to the revs? Burgess got stomped by sabo low diff(honestly no diff at all) and i like to believe there are stronger guys than sabo in the rev army
Yeah I think BB is going to get beaten as a twist and reverse of what happened in the last Paramount storyline. It'll lead to BB helping the World Government take down the Revolutionaries and shit will be stirred.

Of course if this Sake Ore is where I think it is, we might see the results or the continuation of this as soon as Wano arc.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Ew never mind. I do NOT want kin'emon on the crew I'd rather bellamy at that point.
Kin'emon is awesome, though. Best almost-crew since Johnny and Yosaku.

I call no chance on Kin'emon joining the Straw Hats.

Four reasons:
- He's just another swordsman
- He's just another pervert
- He has a son
- His name sounds like pokemon

If any wano guy joins it's Kin'emon guaranteed

Is the ninja really a "Wano guy"? Iirc they said they sailed with him, but I don't know if they said he was from Wano. He is a ninja after all.

Kworn

Banned

Sabo was second in command without his fire devil fruit. He is fucking strong...

RomanceDawn

The Black Beards just may have an edge over the revolutionaries. I say this despite Burgess' performance against Sabo. We are finally at the stages where we need to see why the Black Beards are Emperor tier now and the eventual end goal opponents. The story is reaching its climax. Sure it could take 15 more years but now is the time to start setting those things up. When the Straw Hats get involved with the Revolutionaries it will probably be when they aren't at their best and need aid as aposed to being some untouchable organization.

Sabo for all intents and purposes is Ace's spiritual successor. As children we were led to believe they were roughly equal. As an adult Teach knew his entire group was no match for Ace. An adult Sabo 2 years later should theoretically be able to stomp over most of Teach's crew, haki or no haki. As Sabo's reintroduction arc, there was no way Oda was going to defile him. Even when fighting Fujitora of all people, the match ended with Sabo not looking like a chump one little bit.

That's over now and with the revolutionaries soon to be fully visible the air of intouchable mystique will be gone. I have a feeling we will not see the entire conflict. Merely some of it, the very way Ace's fight was handled with Teach only on a much larger scale. Burgess returning with a fruit and getting even, even just a little bit seems likely to me. If only because he has a grudge against Sabo now.

Anteater

The thing about this revolutionary arc is, we will get our third important death. I bet on it.

CIHr4Nw.jpg
RIP sabo

Oxn

The Black Beards just may have an edge over the revolutionaries. I say this despite Burgess' performance against Sabo. We are finally at the stages where we need to see why the Black Beards are Emperor tier now and the eventual end goal opponents. The story is reaching its climax. Sure it could take 15 more years but now is the time to start setting those things up. When the Straw Hats get involved with the Revolutionaries it will probably be when they aren't at their best and need aid as aposed to being some untouchable organization.

Sabo for all intents and purposes is Ace's spiritual successor. As children we were led to believe they were roughly equal. As an adult Teach knew his entire group was no match for Ace. An adult Sabo 2 years later should theoretically be able to stomp over most of Teach's crew, haki or no haki. As Sabo's reintroduction arc, there was no way Oda was going to defile him. Even when fighting Fujitora of all people, the match ended with Sabo not looking like a chump one little bit.

That's over now and with the revolutionaries soon to be fully visible the air of intouchable mystique will be gone. I have a feeling we will not see the entire conflict. Merely some of it, the very way Ace's fight was handled with Teach only on a much larger scale. Burgess returning with a fruit and getting even, even just a little bit seems likely to me. If only because he has a grudge against Sabo now.

I have a similiar theory. Although BB himself might be Yonko level, I do not believe his crew is of the same level as other Yonko level crews.

For example, Marco, Jozu, and maybe Vista will take on anyone from the BB crew besides BB.

Beckman, Lucky Roo, Yasopp, should, and this is my theory, that they are also stronger than BBs crew.

I think it's really hard. Obviously we know nothing about the actual wars that have been going on in countries involving the Rev. army and how large scale they are.

I'm gonna take a wild guess and say if there will be a rescue arc, perhaps it'll be Dragon right around the time of the Reverie? Something about Luffy's past might give him incentive to get involved, and the Rev arc is definitely going to tie into the Reverie imo.

Bandini

Do we know how Burgess steals powers? Is it a fruit power of his own? Transfer-transfer fruit or something?

The theory is that if a DF user dies, and there's an actual piece of normal fruit touching him, that piece of fruit will absorb the powers and become a DF itself. Basis for the theory is on Punk Hazard, when Smiley died over an apple and the apple transformed.

9279827144_5af004ff41_z.jpg

bjork

The theory is that if a DF user dies, and there's an actual piece of normal fruit touching him, that piece of fruit will absorb the powers and become a DF itself. Basis for the theory is on Punk Hazard, when Smiley died over an apple and the apple transformed.

Man, I totally missed this during my reread. So then Burgess has fruit in his backpack just in case, then? Interesting.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

9279827144_5af004ff41_z.jpg

Smiley didn't die over the apple, the apple was in the lab. There was a whole bag of apples.

The way it works, as I understood it, is if a devilfruit user dies the nearest fruit, so long as it's the correct type of fruit, becomes a devilfruit with the powers of the dead user. So Smiley's power comes from a fruit that looks like an apple, so when he dies the power goes to the nearest apple.

By keeping a bad of apples, probably the island's only apples, in the lab he was able to keep hold of the fruit without much effort.

Man, I totally missed this during my reread. So then Burgess has fruit in his backpack just in case, then? Interesting.

Pretty much, he's probably got a bunch of different types just in case.

Majukun

if lafitte really is a schemer then i imagine him trading burgess's vivre card for doflamingo. doflamingo thinks he is free once again except shillew lops off his head and they get his devil fruit. burgess somehow survives the assault on dragon's island and they give doflamingo's fruit to him. he ends up creating a string wrestling ring when he fights.

hell will freeze before akainu makes a deal with a pirate,no matter what he offers

Of course it will.

At the very least we'll be given enough information to be able to draw conclusions as to how they work, like with what we learned in Punk Hazard.

Now obviously we don't have enough information yet, but i find it almost impossible to comprehend how Devil fruits even came about.

Like a power that specifically manifests in fruits and is transferred upon death, like, why?

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Now obviously we don't have enough information yet, but i find it almost impossible to comprehend how Devil fruits even came about.

Like a power that specifically manifests in fruits and is transferred upon death, like, why?

I have a feeling that part of that is going to be explained once we figure out how Blackbeard is able to have two powers at once.

Chariot

It's a shounen manga, it won't be rocket science. Maybe it's an alien parasite or nanomachines or magic or something natural in that world, in any way it'ää be probably just an explanation and won't overcomplicate devilfruits.

Dugna

I really hope that Devil Fruits are not explained as "aliens" or "magic" I kinda hope they're just weird natural things that came about from years of evolution of plants or the ecosystem, something like that. Like with all of the weird islands it created all of this.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
The moon, the Grand Line and its crazy ecosystem, most of the world being covered in ocean and the devil fruits will all be related. Calling it now.

It's a shounen manga, it won't be rocket science. Maybe it's an alien parasite or nanomachines or magic or something natural in that world, in any way it'ää be probably just an explanation and won't overcomplicate devilfruits.
I'm not expecting rocket science, Chariot. I mean that it seems like a completely random thing. Why a fruit? Why random powers?

Big One

Banned
I think Devil Fruits are literally their namesake. They're Devils, or what people perceive as Devils. I think Devil Fruits are souls hence why an object can become a living thing, and the SMILES are actually Minkmen turned into fruits.

RomanceDawn

Smiley didn't die over the apple, the apple was in the lab. There was a whole bag of apples.

The way it works, as I understood it, is if a devilfruit user dies the nearest fruit, so long as it's the correct type of fruit, becomes a devilfruit with the powers of the dead user. So Smiley's power comes from a fruit that looks like an apple, so when he dies the power goes to the nearest apple.

By keeping a bad of apples, probably the island's only apples, in the lab he was able to keep hold of the fruit without much effort.

Pretty much, he's probably got a bunch of different types just in case.

Smiley didint die directly over the apples but the bag of apples was left out side in the snow. Well left in that little wagon in the snow. Probably as close to Smiley as possible to ensure the transfer. For now it's just a theory that the devil fruit spirit has to find the proper fruit. I think it's a pretty decent theory only one would need some insane knowledge of over a 100 different normal fruits and how they corespond with the devil fruit power. Teach memorized the devil fruit encyclopedia so it's not too crazy to think some of his knowledge is passed down to his mates. Just him being ready for Luffy's gum gum fruit just seems a little like too much of a coincidence. I'm leaning more 60/40 on the devil fruit spirit able to posses any fruit it wants, and it's the swirl pattern that differentiate them.

One Piece is one of those series's that rewards long time readers. It's not like LOST where you get a mystery that is never explained for 35 years and then boom! Major exposition all at once! One Piece gradually gives you hints and details to come up with logical conclusions before the concrete reveal which is much more enjoyable I think. We've gotten a few hints here and there about Devil Fruits but Oda has basically promised us we will get a full explanation of what they really are in an SBS. Naturally it will be from Dr Vegapunk.

SolVanderlyn

Wasn't Vegapunk first mentioned all the way back in Arabasta? Dude has been a long time coming. Constant hints and references towards him since then too.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Smiley didint die directly over the apples but the bag of apples was left out side in the snow. Well left in that little wagon in the snow. Probably as close to Smiley as possible to ensure the transfer. For now it's just a theory that the devil fruit spirit has to find the proper fruit. I think it's a pretty decent theory only one would need some insane knowledge of over a 100 different normal fruits and how they corespond with the devil fruit power. Teach memorized the devil fruit encyclopedia so it's not too crazy to think some of his knowledge is passed down to his mates. Just him being ready for Luffy's gum gum fruit just seems a little like too much of a coincidence. I'm leaning more 60/40 on the devil fruit spirit able to posses any fruit it wants, and it's the swirl pattern that differentiate them.

One Piece is one of those series's that rewards long time readers. It's not like LOST where you get a mystery that is never explained for 35 years and then boom! Major exposition all at once! One Piece gradually gives you hints and details to come up with logical conclusions before the concrete reveal which is much more enjoyable I think. We've gotten a few hints here and there about Devil Fruits but Oda has basically promised us we will get a full explanation of what they really are in an SBS. Naturally it will be from Dr Vegapunk.

There's only so many different kinds of fruit and he did have a pretty big bag. If he had an idea as to who his targets were he could easily plan ahead, Burgess probably had a hit list of fruits he would like best and prepped for those.

Edit: the existence of the encyclopedia, and the fact these fruits can go missing for a while, make me feel like they always spawn in the same kind of fruit.

smurfx

get some go again
hell will freeze before akainu makes a deal with a pirate,no matter what he offers
if the world governments agrees to it then akainu has to swallow his pride and go along with it. i think devil fruits are going to be something brought by visitors from the moon or outer space. maybe warriors from other worlds are given these fruits and they conquer whatever civilization is in their way. we do know there are aliens in the one piece world thanks to enel's cover story. eventually they all died and the fruits transferred to other people. ancient weapons and devil fruits should be good enough to destroy that ancient D kingdom.

I think Devil Fruits are literally their namesake. They're Devils, or what people perceive as Devils. I think Devil Fruits are souls hence why an object can become a living thing, and the SMILES are actually Minkmen turned into fruits.

That's definitely something I've thought about for a while. I just don't understand the obsession with possessing fruit :p

SalvaPot

So if Devil Fruits are literally Devils, as in Souls, then "Awakening" could be a user getting in contact with their inner Devil, they are "Awakening their Devil"

RPGamer92

Banned
if the world governments agrees to it then akainu has to swallow his pride and go along with it. i think devil fruits are going to be something brought by visitors from the moon or outer space. maybe warriors from other worlds are given these fruits and they conquer whatever civilization is in their way. we do know there are aliens in the one piece world thanks to enel's cover story. eventually they all died and the fruits transferred to other people. ancient weapons and devil fruits should be good enough to destroy that ancient D kingdom.
I reallllllly hope aliens aren't introduced to One Piece.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom