• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT| ZEHAHAHAHA! The Name of this Age is Blackbeard!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Majukun

Didnt kanjuro say something like the Monkey's cry is the sound of a ninja?

So confused :s

the monkey probably knows raizou (a week of navigation passed before they could reach the elephant,and raizou was missing way before that,so plenty of time to make friends ) and tried to imitate him because ninja's are cool
that without counting that raizou might already be a mink himself since he was able to reach the island..there are not really that muh ways to do so other than vivre cards

there's the small possibility that raizou might have 2 names,one on wano and one on his native zou,but the fact that after almost killing kinemon and kanjuro was still more worried about making people transpass that his supposed friends,makes me think that thing was not raizou,but a minkman imitating a ninja
Robin putting flowers on the drawings "grave" was hilarious i love her timeskip personality.

LawxZoro bro moments lol

Carrot seens pretty competent as a fighter that's cool

Kinemon and kanjuro..eh that scene seems fishy to me

Lastly namis clothes...i would get excited at the thought of her running around zou naked with brook and sanji(and to see veelks reaction) but we already saw they changed clothes

what would you get excited for?we are in a shonen,so you are not gonna see anything you didn't already see since she never wear much clothes to begin with

Tizoc

So silly theory:
Nami modeled for a clothing company and they're just wearing clothes that resemble the ones that Nami is wearing.

All her wanted posters featured Nami posing like she's taking a picture for a magazine, etc.

And in case someone was wondering how they'd know about the outside world, keep in mind that there are birds that deliver newspapers, so wouldn't be surprising if they delivered other stuff too :p

That's pretty funny, gotta give you that

Hahahahahahaha, dude this is amazing!!

:)

Anyway, was that monkey Raizo? Did he eat the monkey fruit? Gonna wait for the MS translation but it seemed like the samurai wanted to fall off? Hmm.

Didnt kanjuro say something like the Monkey's cry is the sound of a ninja?

So confused :s

Nah, the samurais didn't want to fall off, they were just being silly.

So, I'm thinking either one of these two things is happening:
- The minks mimic people.
- The minks turn people into minks/take personalities or clothes of people/or something like that.

The monkey is probably either the ninja or a mink imitating the ninja. I don't think he has a monkey-monkey fruit or anything like that, although someone else might have a fruit that lets you turn people into animals (although that sounds unlikely since we just had the toy fruit which would be kind of similar).

Majukun

So silly theory:
Nami modeled for a clothing company and they're just wearing clothes that resemble the ones that Nami is wearing.

All her wanted posters featured Nami posing like she's taking a picture for a magazine, etc.

And in case someone was wondering how they'd know about the outside world, keep in mind that there are birds that deliver newspapers, so wouldn't be surprising if they delivered other stuff too :p
don't know how you think modeling works, but usually you don't do it wearing your own clothes

the monkey probably knows raizou (a week of navigation passed before they could reach the elephant,and raizou was missing way before that,so plenty of time to make friends ) and tried to imitate him because ninja's are cool
that without counting that raizou might already be a mink himself since he was able to reach the island..there are not really that muh ways to do so other than vivre cards

there's the small possibility that raizou might have 2 names,one on wano and one on his native zou,but the fact that after almost killing kinemon and kanjuro was still more worried about making people transpass that his supposed friends,makes me think that thing was not raizou,but a minkman imitating a ninja

what would you get excited for?we are in a shonen,so you are not gonna see anything you didn't already see since she never wear much clothes to begin with

Out of everything else i said u stuck to that it was a joke geez..

Majukun

:)

Nah, the samurais didn't want to fall off, they were just being silly.

So, I'm thinking either one of these two things is happening:
- The minks mimic people.
- The minks turn people into minks/take personalities or clothes of people/or something like that.

The monkey is probably either the ninja or a mink imitating the ninja. I don't think he has a monkey-monkey fruit or anything like that, although someone else might have a fruit that lets you turn people into animals (although that sounds unlikely since we just had the toy fruit which would be kind of similar).
wearing someone's clothes doesn't mean imitate them, especially since other than the clothes, the minkwoman doesn't act or talk like Nami at all.. she has a 'masculine/soldier-like" way of talking..
the monkey is probably imitating a ninja because he has met Raizou and thinks ninjas are cool.

Tizoc

don't know how you think modeling works, but usually you don't do it wearing your own clothes

I may have used the wrong words then, but what I guess what I was going for is that the mink lady and Nami might have similar fashion sense or something :V

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Better translation is out.

Welcome to the Jungle Straw Hats, you're gonna d- er, kick a lot of ass.
Looks like Kinemon and Kanjuro are out of the arc (for now).
So long Ryunosuke, you served your purpose well. Heh, I liked Robin putting flowers on his "grave".
This seems to semi-confirm that Bepo is a Mink, especially when the Mink are different animals.

Nami's not naked, last time we saw her (795) she was wearing different clothes. It's likely that dog woman (she is a dog right?) raided the Thousand Sunny and took her clothes.

Majukun

I may have used the wrong words then, but what I guess what I was going for is that the mink lady and Nami might have similar fashion sense or something :V

naah,too similiar to be a coincidence,those are indeed nami's clothes..hers or a replica..but since she didn't have them on when she was on zhou and she had a backpack with her,it's not preposterous to think she just gave them to her at some point...
Nami's not naked, last time we saw her (795) she was wearing different clothes. It's likely that dog woman (she is a dog right?) raided the Thousand Sunny and took her clothes.

i don't think she stole them from the sunny because they crew would have noticed if someone raided it..also it doesn't really seem easy to go to sea level and come back,no matter how agile you may be as an half-beast creature

Tizoc

^Regarding your last point; delivery birds, if they can deliver newspapers they could deliver other stuff to places around the world.

So long Ryunosuke, you served your purpose well. Heh, I liked Robin putting flowers on his "grave".
This seems to semi-confirm that Bepo is a Mink, especially when the Mink are different animals.

Or that yeah.
Or heck maybe for safe passage or to avoid fighting them they gave away some of their stuff.

Do the minks really call humans lesser minks?

And the starfish Pappug is head of one of the world's leading fashion houses. It wouldn't be surprising if he made a whole straw hat fashion line.

Kreed

I was thinking Nami and co befriended them already and maybe gave her the outfit as a gift, but you're probably right.

The Minks seem to consist only of mammal animals from the looks of it so no reptile, bird, amphibian, or insect people for now.

Also, is it possible Kaido is a Mink and not a Zoan like everyone thinks?

Majukun

The Minks seem to consist only of mammal animals from the looks of it so no reptile, bird, amphibian, or insect people for now.

no animal face for him..so i don't even know why someone would consider him a zoan..the only non huuman feature are the horns and we saw giants and humans having them

no animal face for him..so i don't even know why someone would consider him a zoan..the only non huuman feature are the horns and we saw giants and humans having them

People are speculating that since his crew seems animal themed and his epithet is literally "Kaido of the Hundred Beasts" that he has some non-human side.There's also the theories of his design harkening to chinese dragons which might allude to his powers.

daveo42

Banned
Furry arc? Furry arc. Also, cute Robin is the best.

Big questions already coming up regarding the missing crew, the suspicious way Kinemon and Kanjuro with their recognition of the monkey's manner of speech, Mink warrior with Nami clothes. Lots to digest, but it's still early. I just hope this arc doesn't drag on and is a bit better edited than the last few. They've been great, don't get me wrong, but they did tend to be longer than they should have been.

While that might not be Nami, I wonder if, at all, SAD or Smile is in play at all here. So far, all of these arcs since Fishmen Island have been connected to Kaido and SAD/Smile in some way thanks to the presence of Law and Caeser.

I thought he was considered part of the giants. Not sure why he'd be considered a Mink.

Why would he be?

There's also no indication of him having a zoan either, although it is likely that he does have one, since he controls an army of zoan users. He probably has a big-ass epic zoan power.

Furry arc? Furry arc. Also, cute Robin is the best.
I thought he was considered part of the giants. Not sure why he'd be considered a Mink.

Kaido has been described as the world's strongest creature, not once a giant. Considering he was around when Whitebeard was alive I feel as if that description means he is less human than he seems. Now sure he could just have a Zoan power and it could from that but considering how this arc has just introduced a race consisting of animal/human hybrids and Kaido's crew seems clearly animal themed I feel there is an imminent connection between the two.

Kornflayx

I think that Kaido is 100% a dragon. He has scales tattooed on his arm (could be foreshadowing) and he has the mustache like the depiction of chinese dragons. The only thing I can't place are the horns. It would be hilarious if he's of Oars race, but he's like the dwarf of their race.

Minkmen confirmed furries now. It's official.

Zou looks beautiful. I'm getting Skypiea nostalgia.

RIP Ryunosuke.

latest

Lunar15

Ryuunosuke is by far one of the best gags in a while.

Oh my god, that top right panel on the last page. Does Oda read Cucumber Quest lol?

Majukun

I think that Kaido is 100% a dragon. He has scales tattooed on his arm (could be foreshadowing) and he has the mustache like the depiction of chinese dragons. The only thing I can't place are the horns. It would be hilarious if he's of Oars race, but he's like the dwarf of their race.

well it's not like oda made a red herring..i remember when bartolomew kuma DEFINITELY had a bear zoan

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
There's totally gonna be a tragic backstory for how that whale became a tree. WhaleTree for next strawhat.

So Pekoms, Bepo, what other Minks do we know.

Lunar15

Ryuunosuke for next Straw Hat.

Also, if Bepo is, in fact, a Mink, that'd certainly explain why Law knew so much about the island and why his crew would be hanging out there.

Goodbye brave samurai. They are not Down Among the Deadmen.

Why am I Hattori?

Not that I'm complaining. Hattori is great.

Haha, no reason, really. I wanted to include all of the top five posters. Top poster was the strongest dude in the picture, second top poster was second strongest dude, etc. Unfortunately, there are only four characters in the image, and Veelk absolutely had to be Kalifa for the joke ;b

cae13e0c08d19ba9aab9c3cb070ff70b.png

bjork

There's totally gonna be a tragic backstory for how that whale became a tree. WhaleTree for next strawhat.

So Pekoms, Bepo, what other Minks do we know.

I'm guessing there's someone with a power to turn stuff into wood/trees, for the whale. Maybe the trees in the area are all people who fought against this wood fruit user.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Zou has Namek trees

Chariot

I hope the dragon comes back, playing a huge role in the finale against whoever the boss of this arc is. And he has to save especially Law and Zoro.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom