• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT| ZEHAHAHAHA! The Name of this Age is Blackbeard!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doc Holliday

SPOILER: Columbus finds America
Watch Oda himself work!

https://www.facebook.com/OnePiecePhilippinesOPP/videos/1215061751842300/?fref=nf

Oda_Drawing_Highlights-1-300x169.jpg

Oda_drawing_Sketch-1-300x169.jpg

Q & A about how he works

http://onepiecepodcast.com/2015/10/...ses-his-drawing-method-jump-style-dvd-part-1/

IHaveIce

Banned
I'm actually really interested in the history of Zou itself. How did an island come to exist on top of an ancient elephant? What are the elephant's origins? This is more pressing than the void century, even.

It just shows us we still know nothing of the natural world of One Piece...

RomanceDawn

megaton

I hope the Elephant itself doesn't become a character. I don't want unnecessarily long back story for the Minks AND Zou

I just want Oda to make it simple, like this elephant is the last of its kind that used to roam the planet

that's tragic too

He might have gotten lost from his herd a heck of a long time ago. The rest could reside in the florian triangle making more mist than imaginable, stomping on ships accidentally and just living completely unaware of the insignificant beings around them.

Lunar15

megaton

I hope the Elephant itself doesn't become a character. I don't want unnecessarily long back story for the Minks AND Zou

I just want Oda to make it simple, like this elephant is the last of its kind that used to roam the planet

that's tragic too

I'd imagine the minks and the elephant are bound together in their backstory. I don't think you can get one without the other.

He might have gotten lost from his herd a heck of a long time ago. The rest could reside in the florian triangle making more mist than imaginable, stomping on ships accidentally and just living completely unaware of the insignificant beings around them.

yeah this could also be a possibility. is the florian triangle the only part of the OP world that remains unexplored? Or rather unknown to the masses?

I'd imagine the minks and the elephant are bound together in their backstory. I don't think you can get one without the other.
Yeah, I expect that's going to be the case, but I'm hoping one will end up being a lesser component that the other so we don't have to go through loads and loads of backstory for both entities. The elephant backstory can be short and meaningful at the same time. I think the Minks will have a larger component though because they can actually talk and provide information about things.

Another thing could be that the minks raised an elephant they found a long time ago that got separated from its herd or they died or w/e and now they protect it and live on its back

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Zou's sister fell down the hole at Enies Lobby and died. Since then Zou has walked around the globe despondently searching for her. Cue tears.

If I was guessing, I'd point to the printing facilities. They would have to have the actual physical copies ahead of time, so all you need is a couple minutes with a phone camera.

Ah, good point. It's interesting how there are always leaks every single time. You'd think that they would find the leakers and deal with them, although I suppose it could be difficult if it's the printing facility employees.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
The only spoiler I see is at AP, and it's just a single page that doesn't answer anything.

People are also reporting that there's fake spoilers going around.

Kornflayx

How do chapters get leaked anyway? Who gets the chapters early? Shonen Jump employees?

I don't really know how it goes since Shueisha tightened it up a little. But before that, the stores that would sell them got the magazine actually 4-5 days early to get them into the shelves etc. So if you're buddies with a shopkeeper you could get it really early.

One-piece.com publishes the first page of the coming chapter on fridays as kind of an appetizer for the fans. How they get that picture on wednesdays, I don't know

Magwik

Banned
I'm shamelessly stealing this joke from the OP subreddit:

Why did the Marines with the Marineford War?
Because Akainu had an Ace up his sleeve

I'm shamelessly stealing this joke from the OP subreddit:

Why did the Marines with the Marineford War?
Because Akainu had an Ace up his sleeve

Ha that's pretty good.

Also, is anyone else really excited for the possible Big Mom arc? I mean Zou is just staring and looks to be pretty good and we have things like Wano, Kaido, and the Revolutionaries in the future too but I feel like the Big Mom arc could be one of the most visually creative arcs Oda could do.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
I wonder if we are ever going to get a curly brow pirates flashback, or if it will just continue the story while telling what happened instead of showing.

So i was watching some one piece video's which lead me to a naruto video talking about how many filler episodes naruto has....um yea guys i will never complain about one pieces anime or pacing ever again!! Theres only been 8 canon episodes for naruto in 2015...that's insane

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
So i was watching some one piece video's which lead me to a naruto video talking about how many filler episodes naruto has....um yea guys i will never complain about one pieces anime or pacing ever again!! Theres only been 8 canon episodes for naruto in 2015...that's insane

I've heard that Shippuden is draaaaaaaaaaggggging this shit out by giving an episode or three to everyone's individual fantasy in the Infinite Tsukiomi (or however it's spelled). At least stuff happens in the One Piece anime (slowly, but it happens)
Hell, when Shippuden started up on New Toonami, I was stunned at how bad the pacing was, even apologizing to Toei (though they still have a lot more sins...)

What video was this?

I've heard that Shippuden is draaaaaaaaaaggggging this shit out by giving an episode or three to everyone's individual fantasy in the Infinite Tsukiomi (or however it's spelled). At least stuff happens in the One Piece anime (slowly, but it happens)
Hell, when Shippuden started up on New Toonami, I was stunned at how bad the pacing was, even apologizing to Toei (though they still have a lot more sins...)

What video was this?

It was on this guy named forneverworld channel. One of the comments pointed out 42% of shippuden is filler while only 14% of one piece is filler thats insane thats 184 out of 437 compared to one pieces 97 out of 715

ffdgh

Yeah that's the reason I started watching it sparringly lately. The war has barely freaking progressed with the constant filler.

We get spoilers from the printing facilities. It's why spoilers are being released later for the past year or so since Shueisha started printing and shipping Jump later.

Yeah that's the reason I started watching it sparringly lately. The war has barely freaking progressed with the constant filler.
It's almost been a full year since naruto ended tho that's crazy i hope toei doesn't go that route with one piece. It's funny cuz i always thought with one piece's setup filler could work easily but i would never want it to get that bad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom