• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT| ZEHAHAHAHA! The Name of this Age is Blackbeard!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel like Hancock is actually really strong but she just fights mooks all the time. She beat a Pacifista in one hit though and Kuja Haki + being able to turn enemy bodies to stone sounds like a killer.

How's the anime these days? Just got Hulu Plus so I'm thinking of catching up anime them manga. Left off right after the merman island arc.

I'll always eventually watch it just because of this moment:

http://youtu.be/AlWfTJ4a-MY

@30:15 luffy yelling no matter what

Because man you read it on the manga and at least for me that single moment in which Luffy screams with desperation and is literally giving his all was infinitely better and carried a lot more weight than how it played out in my mind. The delivery, the music in the background and Usopp screaming as well as the effects they used on that moment are all perfect, it just all adds up and make it a thousand times more awesome.

Heres the manga in comparison, top left panel:

f2QC0Eg.jpg

Luffy vs lucci was fantastic in the anime.

I was out all day so I don't really want to respond and move the discussion.

S'all good.

The elephant is Luffy's mum.

no cloud we've been over this. dragon is luffy's mom.

Or an Island eating a Elephant-Elephant fruit.

didn't funkfreed already eat the elephant fruit?

I think he was taken down more by his arrogance than anything. He was confused when Luffy was hitting him in the underground, but by the time he figured it out, it was too late. But if you're ranking warlords, I would probably agree. Just going by the first 7:

Tier 1 - Mihawk
Tier 2 - Doflamingo/Kuma/Boa/Jimbei
Tier 3 - Moria/Croc

what makes Mihawk stronger than the rest? Kuma and Doffy are probably on his level.

Oxn

no cloud we've been over this. dragon is luffy's mom.

didn't funkfreed already eat the elephant fruit?

what makes Mihawk stronger than the rest? Kuma and Doffy are probably on his level.

I think its just people lust over Mihawk that they want to see him on some god tier by himself.

Mihawk is one of a bunch of characters from the early years of the manga that have deliberately not been shown fighting at full strength. We can only assume that characters like Mihawk, Shank's crew and Hero Garp are all absolute monsters on a level we haven't seen yet. All of them have a level of global fame similar to Whitebeard. More than the admirals or Doflamingo.

Kuma hasn't been shown fighting at full strength either. We only just learned of Weeble so we don't know where he's at either. I think it's a stretch to say Mihawk is that much stronger than the other warlords. We do know that he used to spar with Shanks, but we don't know if they've done it lately, so Shanks may very well be much stronger than him now.

Jigolo

I'd put Kuma and Mihawk above Doffy.

1: Mihawk, Kuma
1.5: Doffy
2: Jinbe, Hancock
etc
etc

Mihawk is the strongest warlord, and one of the strongest pirates in the world.

It's hyping up Shanks to say that he used to be able to spar with Mihawk but we really don't know how Shanks fights other than that he has the strongest known conqueror haki. Mihawk is the strongest swordsman. Shanks is the strongest haki user. Garp has the strongest fists. Kaidou is the strongest creature. People with epithets like that are S class in my opinion, easily.

Mihawk is one of a bunch of characters from the early years of the manga that have deliberately not been shown fighting at full strength. We can only assume that characters like Mihawk, Shank's crew and Hero Garp are all absolute monsters on a level we haven't seen yet. All of them have a level of global fame similar to Whitebeard. More than the admirals or Doflamingo.

Agreed. Here's my list of people who haven't gone 100%:

-Mihawk
-Shanks and co.
-Garp and Sengoku
-Zeff (New World), probably won't see this
-Kureha
-Original Kuma
-Boa
-Dragon
-Tsuru (maybe, her power is weird)
-Crocus
-Rayleigh
-Zoumom

It's hyping up Shanks to say that he used to be able to spar with Mihawk but we really don't know how Shanks fights other than that he has the strongest known conqueror haki. Mihawk is the strongest swordsman. Shanks is the strongest haki user. Garp has the strongest fists. Kaidou is the strongest creature. People with epithets like that are S class in my opinion, easily.

alright i can get on board with that

also, add Kizaru, Akainu and Fujitora to that list cloud

edit: and Blackbeard and co., and Sabo

I wonder if we'll ever see Kong fight

alright i can get on board with that

also, add Kizaru, Akainu and Fujitora to that list cloud

edit: and Blackbeard and co., and Sabo

I wonder if we'll ever see Kong fight

Out of that I would say that Blackbeard is S class because he is the man with strongest devil fruits. The others are really strong but to put them in that bracket where they are so good at something they seem to break the rules and be unequalled. Not really, not enough to go on.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I feel like we're not gonna see Garp or Sengoku at their best until the eventual flashback arc of Gol D. Roger.

I just want to see young Garp in his prime.

But still we know that the devil fruits that blackbeard has are both individually above the magma and ice fruits in terms of destructive power. Earthquake fruit is supposed have the power to destroy the world, in the awakened form I guess. And the darkness fruit seems to cancel out other devil fruit.

Out of that I would say that Blackbeard is S class because he is the man with strongest devil fruits. The others are really strong but to put them in that bracket where they are so good at something they seem to break the rules and be unequalled. Not really, not enough to go on.

I don't understand what you mean by that. Why can't they be S class?

Also, those are characters I was saying Cloud should put on the list of people we haven't seen go 100%

Yeah Garp, Sengoku and Whitebeard are all way past their prime. Whitebeard was still an absolute monster, practically a raid boss. Those three in their prime would be a sight to see.

I still dont know how fights with blackbeard are gonna work. He should effectively be able 2 hit ko almost every single fruit user with the blackhole+earthquake punch combo. Like, how do you counter that? Shanks at least cant get caught by the blackhole i guess.

I still dont know how fights with blackbeard are gonna work. He should effectively be able 2 hit ko almost every single fruit user with the blackhole+earthquake punch combo. Like, how do you counter that? Shanks at least cant get caught by the blackhole i guess.

"ROOM"

"SHAMBLES"

dead.

if only though

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
I feel like we're not gonna see Garp or Sengoku at their best until the eventual flashback arc of Gol D. Roger.

I just want to see young Garp in his prime.
images

Yes, an excuse to post awesome Garp again

Edit: I hate shrinking images. Have Tsuru and Sengoku too.

Garp_au_cot%C3%A9_de_Sengoku_et_de_Tsuru.jpg

Double edit: OH BOY THIS ONE SHRANK TOO

Mihawk is an endgame level fighter. He is THE strongest swordsman in a world with a Yonko and admiral that are swordsmen. There's no way he is not a step above the rest of the warlords. He took on a Whitebeard commander, fellow former warlords, and dozens of other pirates in the Marineford War without a single scratch. He's definitely holding back.

smurfx

get some go again
why wouldn't shanks get caught by the blackhole? do you mean he wouldn't have to worry about losing his powers because he isn't a devil fruit user? nobody can really escape the black hole he unleashes. where he is vulnerable is when he sucks people in he is open to attack as the people get close to blackbeard. imagine blackbeard trying to suck in shanks and shank then takes out his sword and slashes at blackbeard before he is caught.

Mihawk is an endgame level fighter. He is THE strongest swordsman in a world with a Yonko and admiral that are swordsmen. There's no way he is not a step above the rest of the warlords. He took on a Whitebeard commander, fellow former warlords, and dozens of other pirates in the Marineford War without a single scratch. He's definitely holding back.
he is absolutely holding back. look at how big of a haki monster doflamingo was. i imagine swordsman haki fighters are monsters in many different ways. i bet he has an even greater control over his haki than doflamingo. his mastery of haki is probably only matched by emperors and admirals.

isn't it usually 3 chapters then a break???

i've come to expect that cycle at this point

edit: ugh i'm not gonna read the chapter until tomorrow afternoon.. late to the discussion again :(

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
I like that the island is already in post-arc celebration mode. Really helps make it feel like the Swirley Pirate bros accomplished something off-screen. Except it didn't end so cheerfully without the Captain being around to save the day.

As for this Sanji plotline, I haven't seen Oda drag something out this much since we were introduced to Robin. Not sure where this is going.

smurfx

get some go again
There will be so many breaks next month too...
ugh you just made me remember the horrible 3 week break at the end of the year. :( well it's actually supposed to be a 2 week break but the chapter gets leaked early and it ends up being 3 weeks of no one piece. :( maybe a bounty hunter showed up and took sanji away? or maybe jack defeated him and decided to cash him in? perhaps this is how oda will tie the strawhats to the reverie? if sanji is royalty then maybe he shows up there.

I feel like Oda was definitely forshadowing with Sanji's "Alive" wanted poster. This is pretty obvious. lol

Nami crying usually pisses off Luffy. Gotta keep her smiling after all.
Brook, Momo, and Gastly are still unaccounted for.

Man this break is brutal. So much shit going on everywhere. Oda plz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom