• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT| ZEHAHAHAHA! The Name of this Age is Blackbeard!

Status
Not open for further replies.

KageZero

Meh another break... With the christmas coming up and the holidays there will be like 2 chapter more this month + brake for new year.. Anyway i wonder what jack has done to get such a high bounty(he is truly evil make dofy look like a pansy.. eh bad joke)
What is that thing standing behind jack when his bounty is revealed?

I dont think anybody expected the minks to be like this man. Such a competent race. The fact they are handling themselves against a yonkos right hand..holy crap. Very very impressive

Grexeno

I dont think anybody expected the minks to be like this man. Such a competent race. The fact they are handling themselves against a yonkos right hand..holy crap. Very very impressive
They live on the back of a giant elephant that regularly floods the entire place.

You get tough when you have to deal with that shit.

Damn, one billion bounty. That's quite something.

Jack is just getting thrown around like nothing, and his subordinates don't appear too strong, but of course he's got an ace up his sleeve. We already know that he won the battle. The counterattack will be strong. It's so silly though that they retreat at 6PM; in a time of crisis like this they should just make an exception and fight side by side. The speech about it being an advantage to them because of saving stamina is just stupid. What fights last longer than twelve hours in this world?

Also that's a weird cat.

And yeah, no chapter next week :/

They live on the back of a giant elephant that regularly floods the entire place.

You get tough when you have to deal with that shit.
I mean sure but i wasn't expecting them to be putting zoro on the defensive, having an entire army plan of attack, putting up a fight with a yonkos crew,knowing shanks etc im impressed. Loving these guys I'd even take one as a next....XP

Going to be interesting to see Jack in his half human \half beast form .
Since that is normally the best form for a zoan to fight in .
Same to see if he also has a awaken form also .

I'm betting that Kaido has a 10 billion berry bounty or higher.

The WG either has a ridiculous amount of money or they know that no one in their right mind would be able to contend with these monsters so they gave them a large bounty just for shits and giggles.

I forgot to mention that as well.

I don't know why it didn't cross my mind that SMILE users could probably turn their limbs in actual animals.

Imagine a dude with a crocodile head for a right hand and a lion head for a left hand.

The WG either has a ridiculous amount of money or they know that no one in their right mind would be able to contend with these monsters so they gave them a large bounty just for shits and giggles.

The WG has to be rich as fuck .
They have been ruling for 800 years and seem to have there hands in many pots .
They were willing to pay 5 billion for the law DF if i remember right .

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

My guess is that after a certain point it's just a danger rating and a way to pit pirates (or strong fighters) against other pirates. We've seen guys like Blackbeard go after bounties a few times and the last time he did it the marines had a trap all set for him. Basically if a pirate manages to kill someone like Jack and tries to get the bounty, there's a huge trap there waiting for them.

I'm going to guess the people who can make any part of their body animals are the SMILE users.

Same.

That cover page is Godlike. Luffy dah badass 😍.

It's very refreshing to have a country actually seemly defend itself effectively. The two Dukes showing Jack what's up.

My guess is that after a certain point it's just a danger rating and a way to pit pirates (or strong fighters) against other pirates. We've seen guys like Blackbeard go after bounties a few times and the last time he did it the marines had a trap all set for him. Basically if a pirate manages to kill someone like Jack and tries to get the bounty, there's a huge trap there waiting for them.

If the guy who captured them was just as strong, then they would need the admirals there just so the trap could work.

That cover page is Godlike. Luffy dah badass 😍.

The best squad tho. Robin is bae. <3
It's too bad no one in the crew is a smoker. If only we had a character like that....

This race feels very New-Worldish. They don't accept no-shit from pirates, even those as powerful as this guys.

Loving the new characters.

If the guy who captured them was just as strong, then they would need the admirals there just so the trap could work.

The best squad tho. Robin is bae. <3
It's too bad no one in the crew is a smoker. If only we had a character like that....
Yeah I know....Maybe he could be a cook too. Can't believe the Strawhats have made it as far as they have without one.

Sealed

Banned
i think it's pretty funny how the dog duke fell asleep while Luffy was talking to him, because that's something Luffy would probably do to someone else lol.
The Minks are pretty badass, like others have said it's really cool that they can fend for themselves against a Yonkou's crew. I feel like we're really getting into the thick of the New World now.
Damn Jack has a high bounty!!! Makes me wonder what Kaidou's bounty is, and the other Yonkous too.
That last page though!!! I love the cat guy!! Awesome.
I wonder if the "gifters" had individual body parts fed zoan fruits, kind of like what they did to Funkfreed?? The guy with the wolf arm makes me think that. Probably the effects of SMILE.
Break next week though, and no sign of Sanji :(((((

*if you couldn't tell, I wrote this as I read haha

I think Jack is Weevil's actual father.

Strange Theory Time.

What if
Jack is ACTUALLY Weevil this entire time? We know that Jack was presumed dead in his battle against Fujitora and the rest, but maybe his body washed up on a island where Bakkin found him. He was badly scarred and disfigured and lost his memory. Bakkin told him he was her son and the son of Whitebeard to use his power for her own gain.

But then this theory falls apart when you recall that Weevil became a warlord way before the events of Dressrosa, and Kizaru wouldn't have referred to him by "Edward Weevil, Self-Proclaimed Son of Whitebeard".

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
God damn, the Minks are badass. Tossing around Jack like he's nothing.
Makes me wonder what Caesar's weapon was that made them lose.
Interesting way to run a kingdom, done in shifts. I'm getting a Noland/Calgara vibe from these two, we'll probably get a tragic backstory explaining what happened.

Can't wait to see Jack's real form next we- oh... well at least I'll have Xenoblade X to keep me busy.

ffdgh

Minks> every fishman that is not jimbei confirmed.

Gotta say I'm loving the pace of this arc even if it's mostly flashbacks.

So it looks like Duke Inuarashi & Master Nekomamshi are the 2 big "giants" in the land. They used to be best friends & now would most likely go at each others throats. When they fight it ends in a draw. I've seen this before in Little Garden with Brogy & Dorry.

Little Garden Sanji also separated from the crew & when he said he was "Mr Prince".

This also might be a stretch but Mr 3 was on that island as well. And there's a possibility Jack is the 3rd strongest of Kaidou's crew.

Zou has been an island alive for 1000 years. Little Garden is a pre historic island with dinosaurs living on it.

Twice a day, Zunisha will spout sea water from his trunk, which results in a large blast deemed an "eruption rain". On Little Garden there is one volcano that erupts once every hour

Kain

I'm a little lost, so Jack is the guy who went to rescue DoFlamingo and got his ass suppossedly kicked, right? Soooo he went first to Zou, got his ass kicked by the Minks, Caesar unleashed some nasty shit, Sanji did something and went AWOL (my guess is that he went voluntarily with Caesar to Kaidou or something), and that is when Jack went to Doffy. Or at least that is what I understood, I probably have all my facts wrong lol

Chariot

I'm a little lost, so Jack is the guy who went to rescue DoFlamingo and got his ass suppossedly kicked, right? Soooo he went first to Zou, got his ass kicked by the Minks, Caesar unleashed some nasty shit, Sanji did something and went AWOL (my guess is that he went voluntarily with Caesar to Kaidou or something), and that is when Jack went to Doffy. Or at least that is what I understood, I probably have all my facts wrong lol
Yeah.

Jack attacks Zou
Get beaten
Poison Gas
Sanji & co force him to retreat
Jack tries to rescue Dofla

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom