• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT| ZEHAHAHAHA! The Name of this Age is Blackbeard!

Status
Not open for further replies.

IHaveIce

Banned
I still wonder my the self why "the world awaits" the 2 rulers of Zou... this is kind of a often used phrase in One Piece isn't it? Didn't Dragon also say something like this in his first appearance?

Dimmle

I still wonder my the self why "the world awaits" the 2 rulers of Zou... this is kind of a often used phrase in One Piece isn't it? Didn't Dragon also say something like this in his first appearance?

Revolutionary connection? Or just a common phrase?

Revolutionary connection? Or just a common phrase?
Good catch, could they be two of the leaders Dragon is summoning to the Revolutionary meeting?

If you think about it, Dragon must have some sort of plan to topple the World Government. Maybe they play a part in this plan?

RomanceDawn

Although this is the year of Sanji I can't imagine it will all be resolved in 30ish chapters, this will span several islands and maybe 2+ years.

My predictions:

1 - The reason why Sanji doesn't kick women. It's not that he won't according to Oda, but that he can't. That's an interesting distinction I think will be explored.

2 - His eye brows have major significants within the plot. It's not how he styles it but a mark of his birth.

3 - He's some form of extra terrestrial, at least partially and that long theory I posted a month or so ago were all hints that have been given to use for over a decade and a half.

4 - Sanji's declaration to Kuma about being the Straw Hat who causes the most trouble for the Marine's or government may have been a bluff at the time but what ever the case, Oda has a way of making statements like that come true. Expect this Wanted Only business to be big drama for the gubment.

5 - Because of his devil like allusions, I imagine him to be like a fallen flesh and blood angel(not literally but an extra terrestrial none the less), one that lusted after women and was cast out of heaven. At least his ancestors and it ties directly into his insane lust for women.

Please Jinbe, it can be Sanji's year but just get back to the story and the Straw Hats, you can officially join after Big Mom is taken care of. Just get on the Sunny already!

smurfx

get some go again
jimbei is gonna join after zoro defeats kaidou's right hand man. jimbei can't join while it's not clear who would be the second strongest. maybe zoro is the one that takes down jack if he is the enemy this arc. don't know if jack is the 2nd strongest but that would show that zoro is stronger and jimbei could join and maybe take down a calamity with the help of other strawhats or alliance members.

jimbei is gonna join after zoro defeats kaidou's right hand man. jimbei can't join while it's not clear who would be the second strongest.
Yea plus him and luffy had the same bounty im sure oda didn't want him on the crew for that reason as well. I imagine jimbei is after kaido or after/during big mom

RomanceDawn

Doesn't matter if he joins officially right away or not, just that he is in the story with the crew on their adventure.

Jinbe's bounty was higher than Luffy's until the end of Dressrosa. Jinbe knew very clearly where he stood in comparison to Luffy once he let off that blast of Color of Conqueror.

Just want to say that Robin joined and her Bounty was bigger than Luffy's(for all of 3 seconds but that's how it was). That's not much of an example but Robin's bounty was bigger than Zoro's and Sanji's for a very long time. Now Usopp comes in and eclipses the majority of the crew.

While I doubt Jinbe will officially join with his 400+ million bounty before an Emporer is taken down, even if his bounty is 2nd highest it won't mean much as there is presedence for something like it happening before.

Eventually Zoro and Sanji will surpass him in numbers and probably have already caught up in raw power. Though what ever their phony ranking will be among one another you can bet that Luffy, Zoro, Sanji, Jinbe will become the new White Beard, Marco, Jozu, Vista(leaving Ace out for obvious reasons)or for a Marine's equivalent, Akainu, Kizaru, Fujitora, Green Bull.

While bounty might have played a small part I would argue that Doflamingo being the next saga defining villain from the original War Lords was an even bigger reason to leave Jinbe behind. Oda having 2 War Lords plus the Straw Hats VS 1 War Lord probably wouldn't have gone over well with how established powers are perceived.

That is to say I don't think Jinbe would have tipped the scales too much because right from the get go he has been depicted as a very modest person who knows his limits and constantly down plays his abilities. Aside from Buggy, every War Lord has been shown to cause damage on a massive scale and/or has an ability or 2 that is just a ridiculously haxed 1HKO if it lands. I'm not saying Jinbe can't do these things, just that he has not and undoubtedly(despite the high bounty) it's because Oda doesn't want us to view him as above Zoro and Sanji.

Jinbe has yet to pull of feats as grand as Mihawk, Law, Doflamingo, Moria, etc. it's all to keep things in perspective when he actually does return for the adventure. Bounty numbers be damned. It's interesting because Jinbe has a command over water, just about the most destructive force on the planet. It will only be a matter of time until he is fighting on a beach and shoulder throws a tidal wave that knocks out an entire city.

Maybe Sanji is a sleeper agent and there's some mental barrier keeping him from injuring women.
If he somehow hits a women, he's programmed to self-destruct or something.

If the mental barrier is removed, he unlocks his hidden special ops training and gains suppressed information and knowledge about the World Government or the Ancient Kingdom.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Year of Sanji. About time.

What was everyone's favorite Sanji moment?

My top three, in no particular order:

"I am the ball!" - Davy Back Fight

tumblr_inline_mku7txNq5W1qz4rgp.png

Breaking Blueno's Tekkai on the Sea Train, the first character to do so (not pictured here, can't find an image of that particular moment):

latest

Being a badass in Skypiea even though he was clearly outclassed by Enel, and sneaking onto the Maxim with Usopp's help:

latest

No pictures to busy at work but top 3 sanji moments in no order:

Sky walking from the port town of dressrosa to greenbit in order to clash with mingo before he got to the sunny.

#2. Fight with jabra. Was kicking his ass almost the entire fight. Than delivery flamberge shot and the finishing line.."God may have made food but the devil created spices, If you think that kick was hot my heart was burning even hotter."

#3. Showing his superior intelligence and thinking ahead by closing the gates of justice.

Too many moments to just single out tho

Oxn

No pictures to busy at work but top 3 sanji moments in no order:

Sky walking from the port town of dressrosa to greenbit in order to clash with mingo before he got to the sunny.

#2. Fight with jabra. Was kicking his ass almost the entire fight. Than delivery flamberge shot and the finishing line.."God may have made food but the devil created spices, If you think that kick was hot my heart was burning even hotter."

#3. Showing his superior intelligence and thinking ahead by closing the gates of justice.

Too many moments to just single out tho

Pales in comparison to Zoro and Usopps top moments.

Even Luffy and Zoro combined pales in comparison to God Usopp
Hmmm...I would say Usopp has more awesome moments. But nothing tops Luffy's cry for Robin to say she wants to live.

Usopp's best line is also in that arc though, where he cheers Luffy on to beat Lucci, still my favorite part of the manga.

Sanji love is cool, something I've never seen before until that long posts above, but man, that sounds really cool.

Sanji is a fallen angel that fell from heaven because he lusted after the beautiful women of the earth, now, he is a devil. I dunno, that's just insanely cool to me!

Captain Usopp scene in Alabasta is the goat.
I assume the gets hit by a 4 ton bat,stands back up and epic man speech? Otherwise i can't think of another in alabasta.

Zoro,nami and sanji were my favorites throughout that ark.

Zoro vs daz bones...enough said

Sanji vs mr 2,plus the mr prince stuff epic!

Nami..just seeing her get the determination to fight and come up with her own style for the first time was tooo good

Dugna

Year of Sanji. About time.

What was everyone's favorite Sanji moment?

My top three, in no particular order:

"I am the ball!" - Davy Back Fight

Breaking Blueno's Tekkai on the Sea Train, the first character to do so (not pictured here, can't find an image of that particular moment):

Being a badass in Skypiea even though he was clearly outclassed by Enel, and sneaking onto the Maxim with Usopp's help:

I like making gifs (still not good at them) but here

"I'm the ball!"

Sanji breaking them moves on bleuno.

Sanji got his light :D

I know some of yall hate the anime, but I still have tons of fun with it. That and I can't find a place that has clean manga shots.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
I like making gifs (still not good at them) but here

"I'm the ball!"

Sanji breaking them moves on bleuno.

Sanji got his light :D

I know some of yall hate the anime, but I still have tons of fun with it. That and I can't find a place that has clean manga shots.
:eek:

Thank you for these. *Saves*

Usopp awakening Observation was probably his best scene. Slowly making that transition to the greatest warrior of the sea.
Usopps dream is so weird..like how will he know when it's achieved? Luffy,robin,sanji has to find something.

Zoro needs to beat mihawk

Chopper either finds an all curing medicine or gets good enough to cure anything.

Franky gets his dream at the end of the series and so does nami

Brook has to meet laboon at the end.

But usopp..idk how will that work

Usopps dream is so weird..like how will he know when it's achieved? Luffy,robin,sanji has to find something.

Chopper either finds an all curing medicine or gets good enough to cure anything.

Lot of theories on it, but imo at the very least Usopp is gonna have an epic fight against one of the strongest OP enemies near the end of the series and win in an awesome way.

As soon as we see that he can kick some serious ass and hold his own, then I think we get his dream. Also, now that we've got an alliance I'll be we will see Usopp's 8000 followers before this is over.

It's an internal character dream. Only Usopp will know when he's worthy to be called a brave warrior of the sea.

Lot of theories on it, but imo at the very least Usopp is gonna have an epic fight against one of the strongest OP enemies near the end of the series and win in an awesome way.

As soon as we see that he can kick some serious ass and hold his own, then I think we get his dream. Also, now that we've got an alliance I'll be we will see Usopp's 8000 followers before this is over.
Yea makes sense they are technically his followers after all

Edit: so i was thinking. It does make sense that we get an sanji origin story. I mean there are to many holes in sanjis backstory unfilled.

Why was a nine year old boy on a ship learning to cook alone?

Where were his parents?

Why exactly does he not hit women? Was his mother abused? Was he saved by a women?

Gaaah im soooo hyped!!!

Dawg

Small question while trying to avoid SPOILERS:

I started the anime and got to the Sky Island arc, but I feel like it's gonna take too long this way. I figured manga is the better option because I'm a better read anyway. It's easier to make time to read some manga chapters than it is to watch anime, too. At least for me.

I'm just wondering if I will lose out on a lot of good anime moments by just reading the manga instead.

Small question while trying to avoid SPOILERS:

I started the anime and got to the Sky Island arc, but I feel like it's gonna take too long this way. I figured manga is the better option because I'm a better read anyway. It's easier to make time to read some manga chapters than it is to watch anime, too. At least for me.

I'm just wondering if I will lose out on a lot of good anime moments by just reading the manga instead.
You will miss a lot of cool moments especially the next arc you have mext coming up. But i say read the manga. Amd if you get hyped and wanna see it animated watch that particular part.

Red Fire

I watched the anime at first and now i'm rereading the manga. If i had to choose i would go for the anime for the first time again, the music makes it worth alone

Though the manga is great too

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom