• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT| ZEHAHAHAHA! The Name of this Age is Blackbeard!

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's also Chopper's birthday.

tumblr_mtn7vqKgkU1s2axdno1_500.gif

Cant post pics righy now my fiancé got me all the available one piece collections in the dub and the manga box collection AND she put a printed receipt in a box, turns out she pre order the marineford collectors edition of one piece burning blood for ps4!!!!!.. Merry Christmas!!!!

Magwik

Banned
Cant post pics righy now my fiancé got me all the available one piece collections in the dub and the manga box collection AND she put a printed receipt in a box, turns out she pre order the marineford collectors edition of one piece burning blood for ps4!!!!!.. Merry Christmas!!!!

God damn that's awesome

Nightbird

You've got an pretty damn awesome fiancé

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
I kno man i was hyped. I gotta go get some wall shelves for the mangas.

But aye hit us with the spoilers

They're in the usual places (Arlong Park)

More of the flashback. Caesar is praising himself for the gas, a genocidal weapon called "Koro" (short for Korosu, the Japanese word for Kill). Chopper and Sanji beat the crap out of him.

They're in the usual places (Arlong Park)

More of the flashback. Caesar is praising himself for the gas, a genocidal weapon called "Koro" (short for Korosu, the Japanese word for Kill). Chopper and Sanji beat the crap out of him.
Lol im starting to like caesar more

Kreed

One Piece 811:

Big Mom's crew coming back into the story so soon was a nice surprise. Looking forward to seeing how Sanji convinced them to leave without the rest of the Straw Hats and their ship with no damage. Based on what Jack's minions said, it looks like Jack definitely won't be showing up in this arc (not a bad thing IMO). I guess at this point the only conflict this arc could have will be determined by how the Minks act when the Samurai's show up, otherwise I'm expecting Luffy to want to hurry up and go after Sanji.

smurfx

get some go again
ah looks like the theory that sanji would leave with big mom to cook for her might be coming true! would also be a nice twist if big mom is the one luffy ends up going after first. after all there really isn't a need to go after kaidou right this second. if sanji is being held by big mom then luffy will probably go after him. maybe luffy gathers the remnants of the whitebeard pirates and they help him take down big mom. maybe its even marco who seeks out luffy for this.

Whole Cake Island coming up?

Sanji probably convinced Mam to gtfo because of his cooking skills, right? Doubt the minks could stand another invasion from a Yonko so that was probably an easier way to settle it.

Also, Pekoms is a mink! Called dat!

BatDan

Sounds like Sanji chose to go with Big Mom in order to prevent another disaster from happening on Zou. Bringing Caesar with him. Though Luffy thinks he'll need rescuing, I'm guessing Sanji will be doing his "destroy stuff behind the scenes" thing he usually does. Probably something to cripple Big Mom's forces, giving the Straw Hats an advantage.

And confirmation that Pekoms is a Mink, probably ate a Turtle Turtle Fruit as we saw him turn into a Turtle back in Fishman Island.

Oxn

Doubt he was captured, probably agreed to go with them since none of the minks know about it.
Hopefully we get some more Pekoms action, would love to see how he stacks up against the Strawhats!

Is Pekom considered the right hand man?

If so, he should be around Jack levels. Outside of Zoro and Luffy, I doubt anyone else stacks up, except made Usopp.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle

If so, he should be around Jack levels. Outside of Zoro and Luffy, I doubt anyone else stacks up, except made Usopp.

He looks like he's just one of the higher officers is all.

I think we saw his bounty...yeah 330 million so probably not a right hand man in the same way as Jack if anything.

Doubt he was captured, probably agreed to go with them since none of the minks know about it.
Hopefully we get some more Pekoms action, would love to see how he stacks up against the Strawhats!
Hmm id say he's zoro& sanjis level. Or i could be underestimating him completely. But i like how it seems kaido and big mom are complete opposites..well at least their top crew members are. On FI pekoms and tamago let luffy bargain and talk trash to big mom while just standing there. Meanwhile i doubt jack would let that slide

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Well, it looks like Big Mom is going to be next. It could be Zou is going to act as a home base of sorts for the next arc or two, if they're going to be warring with Big Mom and Kaido all at once they'll need someplace safe to rest up in-between and the back of a giant elephant no one can track would be perfect.

Chariot

Why not both? Having Mom and Kaidou mainly warring each other gives a good opportunity of having both still way above the heads of the strawhats and still have them relevant.

smurfx

get some go again
Well, it looks like Big Mom is going to be next. It could be Zou is going to act as a home base of sorts for the next arc or two, if they're going to be warring with Big Mom and Kaido all at once they'll need someplace safe to rest up in-between and the back of a giant elephant no one can track would be perfect.
dealing with big mom will also introduce jimbei into the story again so that means he might join soon. maybe he joins at the end of that arc and by then luffy and zoro will get another bounty boost and zoro will be higher than jimbei which will let him join and be the 3rd or 4th highest bounty. depends on what sanji manages to do. maybe by the end of the arc the reverie will be close to happening and kaidou will somehow be involved with that. although there is still the matter of the samurais. we don't know how they tie into kaidou just yet and how they might change luffy's plans.

Oxn

Wow 2 things just occurred to me

1. Weevil's introduction is made so insignificant now with his 500Mil bounty, when they introduce Jack right after him. I get the sense that when he reappears again, he will be made to look like Fodder, and how quickly he gets taken out. Just to show how powerful the Strawhats have become, or just how powerful Marco is.

2. All 4 Yonkous are in play at the same time. Big Mom and Kaidou stuff are happening. Blackbeard might war with The Revolution army, and Kidd wants to face Shanks.

Edit: As I was typing this, I realized that Marco is not a Yonko, lol.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Wow 2 things just occurred to me

1. Weevil's introduction is made so insignificant now with his 500Mil bounty, when they introduce Jack right after him. I get the sense that when he reappears again, he will be made to look like Fodder, and how quickly he gets taken out. Just to show how powerful the Strawhats have become, or just how powerful Marco is.

2. All 4 Yonkous are in play at the same time. Big Mom and Kaidou stuff are happening. Blackbeard might war with The Revolution army, and Kidd wants to face Shanks.

Edit: As I was typing this, I realized that Marco is not a Yonko, lol.

Weevil does seem like a bit of a little shit right now, I wouldn't be shocked if he really did just exist to show how awesome Marco is or how much the Strawhats really have grown.

Chariot

I think the fact that he looks dumb, makes it more likely that he is actually strong. Oda doesn't introduce a throwaway a character in preparation like this, won't he.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I think the fact that he looks dumb, makes it more likely that he is actually strong. Oda doesn't introduce a throwaway a character in preparation like this, won't he.

Well, we know that he is strong but it's just a matter of how strong. If we go by bounty then he's no where near the people Luffy and co are going to be taking on in the next few arcs. Weevil is being built up for something, but right now it's hard to tell what that thing is.

smurfx

get some go again
lots of people are speculating that weevil might somehow be related to jack so maybe he ends up teaming up with him to take down the strawhats.

marmoka

Banned
I hope we see another Poneglyph in this arc. And now that Burgess is in the Revolutionary Army headquarters by accident, I would like to know what did Robin during the two years she joined the army.

By the way, is it worth playing One Piece Pirate Warriors 3?

BatDan

We're overdue for a new Poneglyph, last one was on Fishman Island. I imagine one would be on Zou (perfect place to put one, on top of a giant elephant)
I know Jinbe found one in his Mini-Arc, but without Robin we don't know what it means.

I hope we see another Poneglyph in this arc. And now that Burgess is in the Revolutionary Army headquarters by accident, I would like to know what did Robin during the two years she joined the army.

By the way, is it worth playing One Piece Pirate Warriors 3?
Pw3 is pretty good actually. I really enjoyed it

I think he's up there, but I wouldn't judge anyone based on their bounty level.
Also, Pekoms probably threatened Zou with another invasion so even if they had beaten him it wouldn't have mattered. Maybe we won't see him in action, then :/
Hmm id say he's zoro& sanjis level. Or i could be underestimating him completely. But i like how it seems kaido and big mom are complete opposites..well at least their top crew members are. On FI pekoms and tamago let luffy bargain and talk trash to big mom while just standing there. Meanwhile i doubt jack would let that slide
Good point, makes me wonder if Big Mom will actually fight Luffy or whether it will be more gag-like.

Chapter leaked earlier than I expected.

I'm assuming Pekoms and Tamago managed to take Caesar back. Sanji's situation might even be connected to Big Mom somehow.
Inb4 Big Mom is Sanji's real mother. ^ Dammit, Anteater.

It's great to see Chopper's medical skills at work again. He pretty much saved an entire country.

Also, Chopper confirmed to have haki?
Probably not.

ffdgh

Wait we got a chapter? I say it's a late Christmas miracle!
KuGsj.gif

Chopper for best doctor.
Nice to see Nami handle herself...even if her opponent was a bit under the weather. Emotional franky is still hilarious. Wasn't expecting big mom to be the reason Sanji left...Probably to cook sweets for her. /s

Did anyone predict that Pekoms/Big Mom would be showing up again so soon?

I mean, it feels as though Oda pulled this out of nowhere when anyone could have guessed Pekoms was a mink. I find it weird/awesome how hard it is to predict where Oda is taking the story :p

Oxn

Did anyone predict that Pekoms/Big Mom would be showing up again so soon?

I mean, it feels as though Oda pulled this out of nowhere when anyone could have guessed Pekoms was a mink. I find it weird/awesome how hard it is to predict where Oda is taking the story :p

Wonder if Pekom is as powerful or more powerful than the Dukes.

Majukun

sanji is not on bihg mom's ship..he just flew with caesar (which was their objective the whole time)
if he was hostage on big mom's ship..the other strawhats would have told that immediately..instead if he just flew makes more sense since they don't know where he is so even if they are worried there's not much they can do right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom