• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT| ZEHAHAHAHA! The Name of this Age is Blackbeard!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wonder if Pekom is as powerful or more powerful than the Dukes.
I think the Dukes are pretty strong just because everyone associated to the old days (Roger, Shanks etc.) are usually pretty fucking strong.

I'd be interested to know why minks like Pekoms and Bepo leave Zou.

Gintamen

I think the Dukes are pretty strong just because everyone associated to the old days (Roger, Shanks etc.) are usually pretty fucking strong.

I'd be interested to know why minks like Pekoms and Bepo leave Zou.
For the same reason any human being leaves their home island? For adventure, for money, to get away from their daily lifes.

I don't think he's as strong as the dukes before their dismemberment, but a big challenge to the Sanji and co.

TheFlow

Banned
For the same reason any human being leaves their home island? For adventure, for money, to get away from their daily lifes.

I don't think he's as strong as the dukes before their dismemberment, but a big challenge to the Sanji and co.

this. I expect them to be on the same level as sanji.

True, but there's definitely some kind of special connection the Minks have to Zunisha/Zou. I guess I just want to learn more about that :p

Diggin the avatar change Bishop

RomanceDawn

Did anyone predict that Pekoms/Big Mom would be showing up again so soon?

I mean, it feels as though Oda pulled this out of nowhere when anyone could have guessed Pekoms was a mink. I find it weird/awesome how hard it is to predict where Oda is taking the story :p

I did. Though I didn't expect them to show up to Zou in the singing ship. I thought Caesar was coming in his own ship on behalf of Big Mom. With Pekoms I should have guessed he would be the link to getting there.

Makes zero sense. They have no reason to fight, the Straw Hats can't deal with both at the same time, and you get rid of two huge groups of antagonists all at once.

It makes a ton of sense actually. Especially when you consider that Oda has been setting both Emperors up as the "current" saga defining villian since the time skip. Caesar is the link that we know of here and now but that doesn't even take into account that both groups are at the top of the food chain within this world and would surely enjoy taking the others territory and influence if given the chance.

Once Law told Luffy he was after Kaido I figured both groups would be completely intertwined for a long time. I've said for years now that the first two Emperors might be taken out roughly at the same time. By which I don't mean a final battle that's a 3 way fight between Big Mom, Kaidou and Luffy with the winner taking all. There could be years between their actual defeats but major Kaido/Big Mom forces could go down 1 after another, back and forth.

I also doubt each Emperor is going to get their own 4 year+ sagas. I think the stacking we are getting now is only going to increase significantly.

axtually,the problem between big mom and kaidou might be shirahoshi

caribou,the one who knows she is poseidon was captured by x-drake,so kaidou might now know the fact..and she is technically under big mom's protection since fishman island it's a big mom territory

How did I forget this? This is THE reason right here. Kaido will get info on an ancient weapon in Big Mom's territory. Major war between the two, at least with commanders and their allied crews.

Jinbe the future Straw Hat doesn't miss out on full on Emperor battles, we take care of his business plus Luffy gets to completely destroy the island on purpose as was foreseen. Not only will the 2 Emperors probably want control of Shirahoshi but Fishman Island as well. It would be such an easy way to control huge portions of Paradise and the New World. Luffy getting rid of it all together forces the fish folk to migrate in the Noah that is just waiting to house the entire island and then Emperors can't have a super monopoly at Fishman Island.

Majukun

caribou,the one who knows she is poseidon was captured by x-drake,so kaidou might now know the fact..and she is technically under big mom's protection since fishman island it's a big mom territory

ffdgh

Isn't Fishman island under luffy's protection now?

Sanji went back to Dressrosa to marry Violet. He's no longer a member of the Strawhat pirates.
Who wouldn't do this. My man has his priorities straight.

On Kaido and Big Mom, I don't think we will be getting huge separate arcs for each of them. Dresrossa was 100+ chapters and that was simply Doflamingo.

Honestly, who knows? We have Sanji to deal with now, but we also have the Samurai plotline to resolve.

The way I see it, the story is heading in two different directions with Kaido (Wano and the Samurai) and now Big Mom (Sanji). Oda said this is the year of Sanji, which leads me to believe that Big Mom will be the focus for this year.

Then we also have Blackbeard/the Revolutionaries/and the Reverie coming up.

smurfx

get some go again
depending on how the encounter with kaido went then kidd and the others might actually turn their attention on kaidou. luffy and his alliance team up with kidd and his alliance and they both fight kaidou and big mom. we know kidd sunk one of big moms ships so its not like he is friendly towards her. i hope during all of this marco makes an appearance and joins luffy's alliance. wonder if bonney would fight for big mom since she might have some connections to her. that or she takes luffy's side and finally joins the strawhats like i predicted years back. :D

Chariot

Isn't Fishman island under luffy's protection now?
How would that even work. He travels to adventures further and further. What kind of protection coukd he give? Arriving a month after a call for help to clean up corpses? Not to mention that he probably can't much a whole Yonko's army yet. Or a marine fleet.

I hope in general that this isn't an arc for a yonko yet, but for their subordinates. I still think the Yonkos thenselves should be way above league atm.

smurfx

get some go again
I hope in general that this isn't an arc for a yonko yet, but for their subordinates..
well yeah that is likely how its going to go down. the reason emperors are hard to defeat are all the allies they have and having to go through them to reach them. this is why luffy's alliance is so important. once they catch wind of luffy going up against an emperor they will start picking fights with whoever is allied with that emperor and make a name for themselves. i bet once pirates learn of somebody brave enough to go against big mom and kaidou they will flock to luffy and help him out. the new world is filled with pirates who hate kaidou and big mom. i'm also hoping crocodile ends up in luffy's alliance. after all he can't gain much power with 4 emperors keeping him down. i'm sure he's already gained a powerful crew.

I love how oda completely smashes my expectations everytime. A few chapters ago i was alittle bit disappointed sanji and co got away from big moms crew so quickly and easily. And i had assumed that the reason sanji left was either for his bounty or kaidos crew. I never even thought to think about pekoms and how we all even assumed he was a mink so he should be able to get to zou. And i still can't figure out whats happening.

1. I assumed ceaser was on the island hiding with momo(he made the gas afterall)

2. Could it be that nami and co don't even know fully what happened with sanji?! If they knew big mom came to the island why would sanji have to leave a note. This tells me either big moms crew took ceaser before sanji left and he went to get him or something else happened that sanji didn't tell them

Do people think that Big Mom is still some ultimate evil monster after seeing Kaidou and how his people act? I've never really seen Straw Hat vs Big Mom war as a highly likely future arc. Big Mom vs Kaidou yes. I think I mentioned that a while ago. Kaidou is preparing for war and there are only a few factions that he would have to go all out on. The history of Big Mom and Kaidou are both mostly unknown so it's totally possible. The way into this war for the Straw Hats would be a truce with Big Mom. The motivation could very possibly be help Sanji or Luffy just wants to fight Jack.

Also, I also said this before, what I want from Sanji's story is for Sanji and Bonney join up at Big Mom's Tea Party on Whole Cake. Bonney's location is still the last major thing that Oda has held back from when Oda started the end of Dressrosa. Alongside Jinbe probably but that was fishman and cover stories previously. Also I expect more Alice in wonderland stuff at the Tea Party. Perhaps, Sanji is Alice in this story.

smurfx

get some go again
i don't think kaidou's epic war is against big mom. he would have gone against her before this if that were the case. an epic war is a war that involves the whole world and he can only achieve that by fighting the world government. all the emperors would likely make moves as would the revolutionaries. countries would also attack each other since the marines would likely not be able to interfere. this scenario is where legends would be made and at the end luffy and blackbeard would end up at the top.

TheFlow

Banned
i don't think kaidou's epic war is against big mom. he would have gone against her before this if that were the case. an epic war is a war that involves the whole world and he can only achieve that by fighting the world government. all the emperors would likely make moves as would the revolutionaries. countries would also attack each other since the marines would likely not be able to interfere. this scenario is where legends would be made and at the end luffy and blackbeard would end up at the top.

World war one piece where luffy and others come out as big heroes or ect..? yeah I can see it.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Can someone point me in the direction of why it seems so many people think Big Mom and Kaido will fight/feud?

I tend to miss these things.

Doffy already said that there is pretty much going to be a pirate world war in the new world to become the pirate king. We already have the start of Blackbeard vs Rev army. Where is the logic in that? It's just all out war but it's not like everyone will become allies to defeat the marines or something like that. Kaidou and Big Mom are rivals and they are both active in the manga right now in the same areas.

Do people think that Big Mom is still some ultimate evil monster after seeing Kaidou and how his people act? I've never really seen Straw Hat vs Big Mom war as a highly likely future arc. Big Mom vs Kaidou yes. I think I mentioned that a while ago. Kaidou is preparing for war and there are only a few factions that he would have to go all out on. The history of Big Mom and Kaidou are both mostly unknown so it's totally possible. The way into this war for the Straw Hats would be a truce with Big Mom. The motivation could very possibly be help Sanji or Luffy just wants to fight Jack.

Also, I also said this before, what I want from Sanji's story is for Sanji and Bonney join up at Big Mom's Tea Party on Whole Cake. Bonney's location is still the last major thing that Oda has held back from when Oda started the end of Dressrosa. Alongside Jinbe probably but that was fishman and cover stories previously. Also I expect more Alice in wonderland stuff at the Tea Party. Perhaps, Sanji is Alice in this story.
I like this. I like this alot.

Sealed

Banned
oh shit, Pekoms confirmed a mink

i wonder if Big Mom is Sanji's mom?

or maybe Sanji agreed to cook for Big Mom so she wouldn't attack the island further?? idk man

i'm even more hyped to find out what happened now

Majukun

oh shit, Pekoms confirmed a mink

i wonder if Big Mom is Sanji's mom?

or maybe Sanji agreed to cook for Big Mom so she wouldn't attack the island further?? idk man

i'm even more hyped to find out what happened now

he is NOT prisoner of big mom

don't you think that would be the first thing nami & co. would say to luffy's group if that was the case?

sanji flew BECAUSE of that,but he was not captured,otherwise the crew would already be out of zou looking for big mom's flagship..while now they can't do anything more than waiting because sanji is gone,he said he would come back but they have no idea where he is.

Anteater

Can't wait to see what Pekoms is capable of and if they're going to fight, since up until now we only saw him beat up Caribou, and Kaido got a lot more hype with crazy Jack

don't you think that would be the first thing nami & co. would say to luffy's group if that was the case?

sanji flew BECAUSE of that,but he was not captured,otherwise the crew would already be out of zou looking for big mom's flagship..while now they can't do anything more than waiting because sanji is gone,he said he would come back but they have no idea where he is.
We don't know what Nami said because it was cut off.

Sanji left of his free will, probably having made an agreement with Big Mom/Pekoms, but he is probably their prisoner.

After all, Brook claims Sanji might not be coming back.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
RrgqUWA.png
Sanji's gonna overcome his inability to hurt women with Big Mom and kick her into a beautiful woman that looks exactly like this.

smurfx

get some go again

why would the big mom pirates just go after sanji and ceasar? the strawhats ship is tied to the elephants leg so they know the others are there too. although i don't think the big mom pirates came in destroying shit because pekoms still respects his homeland. if anything after finding out about the strawhats saving everybody pekoms might have gave sanji a chance to give up ceasar peacefully. in order to let the other strawhats go sanji probably gave himself up and probably did convince them by telling them that he can make some sweets that big mom would love.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Complaining about presentation of women in One Piece is like complaining about presentation of women in Playboy Magazine. Oda went that route a while back and he's fully embraced it at this point. It wasn't always that way, though. Early Nami had a charming design and Robin used to look almost like an Egyptian painting. "Sexiness" aside, I think Nami generally looked better with short hair.

Speaking of style changes, I really hope they explain Zoro's eye at some point. Is it gone, wounded? Does he keep it closed for a hidden reason? Does he have Sharingan?

zoro-sharingan.jpg~c200

Kornflayx

It would be typically Oda if that is just a self imposed Zoro handicap. When he fights someone who's actually a threat Zoro will just be like "well shit, I guess I have to use both eyes now". Just like Dragonball "Oh, I just throw off my weights then"

No..plz no lol. Its going to happen anyway. The origin of sanji is bound to have a heavy focus on women judging by how he wont kick them. So im fully expecting veelk to not like how they are presented

The cover page for 811 hints at Sanji's backstory regarding the whole women thing. His coffee mug says "All Women are G-" (great? good? gifts?), maybe some kind of mantra from his childhood.

The cover page for 811 hints at Sanji's backstory regarding the whole women thing. His coffee mug says "All Women are G-" (great? good? gifts?), maybe some kind of mantra from his childhood.
I wondered about that mug i personally think gifts. I mean look at how he treats them. Yea he goes alil overboard sometimes but he really does treat women with respect and no matter always rushes to protect them whether thry are his friends or his enemies, i like to think thats not just a gag and it has to do with his past so im very interested.

I wondered about that mug i personally think gifts. I mean look at how he treats them. Yea he goes alil overboard sometimes but he really does treat women with respect and no matter always rushes to protect them whether thry are his friends or his enemies, i like to think thats not just a gag and it has to do with his past so im very interested.

Yeah same. It's been a gag this whole time, but there's definitely a legit reason. I thought that ever since he fought Kalifa, his first real opponent that was a woman. He was getting his ass kicked and it went beyond a joke to the point where it was obvious that there was something more to it.

Yeah same. It's been a gag this whole time, but there's definitely a legit reason. I thought that ever since he fought Kalifa, his first real opponent that was a woman. He was getting his ass kicked and it went beyond a joke to the point where it was obvious that there was something more to it.
Yea the kalifa fight is where i was like wait a sec? He's serious. Even in light of the situation they were in he still wouldn't do it. At that point he because my favorite to hold on to an ideal that strongly. He was going to give up his life..his friend's lives because of his morals he jut won't break. I find that amazing. What triggered that? His mom? A women he met? I'm very interested.

Sanji holding that coffee cup is actually very interesting in terms of symbolism. Apart from the writing the logo appears to be a reference to the Starbucks Siren logo. You can many spot many parallels between One Piece and Greek myth if you look.

The Sirens were 3 half women/half sea bird creatures whose singing caused sailors to crash their ships against rocks. Sanji's background story featured being stranded on a rock but that's probably just a weird coincidence. What it could be is foreshadowing that Sanji's attraction to women might get him into a lot of trouble.

The thing that interests me more is how One Piece seems to sometimes be a very similar sort of story to Jason and the Argonauts. Like in their encounter with the Sirens their singing was outdone by the hero Orpheus so the crew were not distracted. Orpheus is a little like Brook. The most famous story about Orpheus is even the one where he went to the underworld then returned.

Also on the cup is the number 98. In One Piece chapter 98 we saw the new look for Alvida. Now seriously I need to stop thinking about this, but if he is teasing something here and it happens then he is as nuts as me.

Anteater

both sanji leaving with big mom and him leaving alone with caesar are both plausible but both still open up a lot of questions

scenario 1 -- Sanji leaving with Caesar:

Big question is how and why, did they fight Pekoms? They need to at least meet with Pekoms first to know Big Mom's crew was after them, and I can't figure out a scenario where Sanji can leave with Caesar leaving the rest of the strawhats and keeping everyone safe, because I don't see why Big Mom's crew couldn't just go after Nami and the rest to exchange them for Caesar, no reason to go after Sanji if that's the case, how did Sanji leave and lead Big Mom's crew away from Zou?

scenario 2 - Sanji leaving with big mom

As already mentioned, Nami wouldn't be so vague, but this scenario is still plausible because Sanji could've left a "I'm going with big mom, brb" note, he's still not captured and a deal was made

question is that I don't see sanji offering big mom both him and caesar (he didn't get the permission to, plus he would be giving caesar to big mom, offering himself isn't necessary)

scenario 2 is in fact the safer option and getting big mom off their butt, but not logical

Squishy3

Well, pretty much every Straw Hat that fights directly has Haki except for Chopper and Franky. I don't know that Robin or Nami particularly need it. Franky probably doesn't either. Oda's probably just going to keep matching them against people that don't use armament Haki.

I suspect Chopper has an Awakened Devil Fruit (it retroactively fits with what we know of the giant form, considering he forcefully induced it via the Rumble Balls and it's similar behavior to the awakened Zoans from Impel Down, but now he can control it)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom