• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT| ZEHAHAHAHA! The Name of this Age is Blackbeard!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, pretty much every Straw Hat that fights directly has Haki except for Chopper and Franky. I don't know that Robin or Nami particularly need it. Franky probably doesn't either. Oda's probably just going to keep matching them against people that don't use armament Haki.

I suspect Chopper has an Awakened Devil Fruit (it retroactively fits with what we know of the giant form, considering he forcefully induced it via the Rumble Balls and it's similar behavior to the awakened Zoans from Impel Down, but now he can control it)
As far as haki goes i feel like nami, chopper and usopp(already accomplished) should have observation. they dont really need armament haki especially nami because she fights with the elements. Chopper i think would be most likely to get it tho.

Franky? Eh who knows his technology gets him thru and im fully expecting sum seastone stuff he has saved.

Robin..ha no chance to broken

Brook.plz o plz o plz!!! Ending of the series brook vs whoever, full body black skeleton

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Well, pretty much every Straw Hat that fights directly has Haki except for Chopper and Franky. I don't know that Robin or Nami particularly need it. Franky probably doesn't either. Oda's probably just going to keep matching them against people that don't use armament Haki.

I suspect Chopper has an Awakened Devil Fruit (it retroactively fits with what we know of the giant form, considering he forcefully induced it via the Rumble Balls and it's similar behavior to the awakened Zoans from Impel Down, but now he can control it)

I'd put money on the all the rumble ball forms being awakened forms, Chopper seems to have found a way to force awakenings through medicine.

Dugna

So I noticed something in this chapter, if Doffy ended up actually killing Law wouldn't that mean that Caeser would be dead then? Because his heart was still in a cube the whole time....

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
So I noticed something in this chapter, if Doffy ended up actually killing Law wouldn't that mean that Caeser would be dead then? Because his heart was still in a cube the whole time....

Hmm, there's something we could ask Oda in the SBS.

Speaking of, people are getting Volume 80 in Japan. From what I can gather in this SBS.
Images of the Donquixote Family as kids.
Sabo began training under Dragon when he turned 13
Koala joined the Revolutionary Army when she was 14 (three years after her flashback in Fishman Island)
There was no rivalry between One Piece and Naruto, Oda and Kishi were good friends.

Lunar15

If Big Mom has a good relationship with the minks, at least enough to allow Pekoms to join her crew, I'd think she'd be more than a tad upset at Kaidou's men for trashing the place.

A war between the two Yonkou isn't a certainty, but I'd say there's a few leads there that could pan out.

Either way, I think it's pretty close to certain that Sanji's disappearance is tied to Big Mom. Perhaps he can cook for her?

smurfx

get some go again
If Big Mom has a good relationship with the minks, at least enough to allow Pekoms to join her crew, I'd think she'd be more than a tad upset at Kaidou's men for trashing the place.

A war between the two Yonkou isn't a certainty, but I'd say there's a few leads there that could pan out.
i doubt that she has any kind of relationship with zou. law doesn't have a relationship with zou even though bepo is from there. i do wonder how kaidou's men were able to find zou. maybe one of the calamities is from zou or one of kaidou's higher ups.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
i doubt that she has any kind of relationship with zou. law doesn't have a relationship with zou even though bepo is from there. i do wonder how kaidou's men were able to find zou. maybe one of the calamities is from zou or one of kaidou's higher ups.

Maybe they got their hands on a vivre card of the ninja they were looking for. That would certainly be the easiest way considering all they would need is some hair or whatever.

smurfx

get some go again
Maybe they got their hands on a vivre card of the ninja they were looking for. That would certainly be the easiest way considering all they would need is some hair or whatever.
they would keep using that vivre card though as it points to where you're at no matter if you're high or low. i'm thinking that maybe raizou hid at zou thinking he wouldn't be found there since its so hard to track down zou. or maybe he went there to hide something from kaidou. although i do wonder how raizou managed to track down zou.

jbug617

Banned
Volume 80 cover
PT9QVHX.jpg

Dimmle

Complaining about presentation of women in One Piece is like complaining about presentation of women in Playboy Magazine. Oda went that route a while back and he's fully embraced it at this point.\

I've accepted that they're all modeled after the same Barbie doll but it'd be nice to see women take up more agency in the story. I know, it's not the kind of story he's writing, yada yada, but I can dream. That said, it was nice to see Nami with the tactical takedown this chapter.

Looks like Oda is finally giving us some answers. Does the "scribbly," sketchy style seem more pronounced this week? At the same time, some of the characters in his panels are so immaculately on-model. It's a nice look.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I've accepted that they're all modeled after the same Barbie doll but it'd be nice to see women take up more agency in the story. I know, it's not the kind of story he's writing, yada yada, but I can dream. That said, it was nice to see Nami with the tactical takedown this chapter.

Looks like Oda is finally giving us some answers. Does the "scribbly," sketchy style seem more pronounced this week? At the same time, some of the characters in his panels are so immaculately on-model. It's a nice look.

Part of the problem has definitely been the length of the last arc, which was very Law centric. For example if we go back to Punk Hazard, Nami is basically the reason those kids being experimented on are alive. She made the decision that the crew would help them and to send them off with Tashigi, which probably wound up saving their lives.

None of that is to say that your point is wrong, especially when it comes to how the fights are doled out in the last few arcs, but the issues have definitely been exasperated by the length of the last arc and the crew split during it. I just wanted to point out that we don't really have to look all that far back in the story to see Nami with a good amount of agency in the story.

Oxn

I don't understand. If Caesar is no longer in shackles, why is he still following the Curly brows around? He is stronger than any of them.

Meh i dont see it. The only alive thing doesn't have to be marine related or the world government. Could just as easily be a kingdom with alot of power or something.

Lunar15

Oh, no, I'd never expect her to have a formal relationship with Zou, as she's likely never been there. But let's say Pekoms goes there, finds out what happened to his homeland, gets pissed off, and tells Big Mom. Depending on the kind of person Big Mom is, it might be enough to tip some scales. Especially with the knowledge that Kaidou's men have used Ceasar's WMD's.

Dimmle

Does everyone really think Pekoms is a super powerful guy? I subscribe to the bounty =/= power level principle and Pekoms has always struck me as middle management or a bureaucrat more than a fighter.

I think that Pekoms is really strong. No way is he a middle management character like Spandam but exactly how strong he is we don't know. Maybe he is stronger than Jesus Burgess.

smurfx

get some go again
seems like pekoms and tamago are strong enough to lead one of big mom's ships. although i think her strongest fighters are likely always close to her. can't wait to see what crazy powers they have. kaidou and his guys will probably seem very boring by comparison.

Squishy3

I think that what's his face, the egg guy we saw on Fishman Island would be the middle management guy, still able to do combat but I'd think Pekoms would be the true muscle.

Tamago with the intelligence plus combat, Pekoms for the senseless combat. Judging by his short temper on Fishman Island.

Lunar15

Does everyone really think Pekoms is a super powerful guy? I subscribe to the bounty =/= power level principle and Pekoms has always struck me as middle management or a bureaucrat more than a fighter.

The implication is that all minks are pretty capable. He also has a devil fruit. I think that makes him pretty fierce.

Pekoms seems pretty strong to me. I doubt we'll get an all out battle to show his strength but it's still fairly hard to even compare the straw hats to anyone since Luffy has been the only one to go ham since the timeskip.

Squishy3

Pekoms seems pretty strong to me. I doubt we'll get an all out battle to show his strength but it's still fairly hard to even compare the straw hats to anyone since Luffy has been the only one to go ham since the timeskip.
Zoro's gone ham, but probably not to his full extent. Big thing with Pica was that he played cat and mouse and Zoro played along with it until he had no other choice but to cut everything.

Since Dressrosa is essentially the "Alabasta" of the New World it's basically a repeat of him fighting Daz Bones except he has to cut all of an even bigger piece of stone.

But yeah, like the only person to even really put up a significant fight was Doffy so far. Whoever they come into conflict with next will probably be the first time everybody is really tested, nobody's been able to put up with them in an outright brawl except for Doffy in his fight against Luffy. Hell, Zoro would probably have even been able to defeat roided up Hody. Look how easily he dispatched him pre-roids.

Dimmle

Gosh, I hope Zoro gets taken down a peg in Wano. It's either that or he learns how to cut through Unobtainium or something.

RomanceDawn

Pekoms being worth 330 mill could suggest a couple of things.

1 - He could be on the lower end of the Big Mom totem pole and end up as a Straw Hat warm up to their main fight some day.

B - He could be say Brook's or Chopper's opponent down the line.

$ - Pekoms could be in the same boat as Bepo and Chopper. A clear member of the crew who is sentient and an absolute necessity aboard the ship but given a much smaller bounty relative to everyone else because he is deemed a pet. Of course if you are on an Emperors crew the bounty scale for pets would be much different. To remind you, Chopper is an measily 100B while Bepo is 500B.

Tamago was introduced with no bounty yet, you can bet he is worth more and probably much stronger. Pekoms can surely do some serious damage if he(like Bobin) go around demanding the payment and end up leading the charge to destroy a country if necessary. I mean he was introduced as a fighter with 330 million berry bounty, and gave that awesome line about Logia thinking themselves invincible. He would be a worthy opponent for the majority of the crew I'm sure.

Tamago not getting an introduction yet suggests to me that he is much higher on the Big Mom tier list.

IHaveIce

Banned
Tamago will be higher, wasn't he introduced as "Baron"? Maybe that is a hint to their tier order in the crew?

Big Mom as Queen? Others as Baron and Baroness? We will see

Gosh, I hope Zoro gets taken down a peg in Wano. It's either that or he learns how to cut through Unobtainium or something.
I fully expect zoro to cruise by in the new world. Odas on a zoro hype. In fact judging by his look after luffy was talking bout jack i expect zoro vs jack

RomanceDawn

I fully expect zoro to cruise by in the new world. Odas on a zoro hype. In fact judging by his look after luffy was talking bout jack i expect zoro vs jack

It is pretty interesting how Zoro has been portrayed since the time skip. Have you noticed he has only been struck a hand full of times and even then it's questionable. Yeti Cool Bros put him to sleep, a shark sneaks up on him, he nearly drowns and finally Carrot not only dodges him but lands an electrified hit. No one has his new world track record, not even Luffy who has been consistently been knocked around here and there. Even Bellamy of all people landed a decent hit.

Of course you have to take into account a lot of different things, Zoro blocking an attack means his body doesn't get touched. Where as Luffy, Sanji, Robon have to make direct contact with the attacking object. And then during Punk Hazard Zoro gets to toy with Monet while her superiors(in ability and standing), Vergo and Caesar take on the 3 captains present and Sanji.

I have to wonder if Oda is setting something up like a major humbling experience in Wano? I mean I really really doubt it as his personality doesn't lend to being humbled and he revels in fighting an overwhelming opponent. Though it seems like we are closer now than ever before to all of the Straw Hats having to go all out.

It is pretty interesting how Zoro has been portrayed since the time skip. Have you noticed he has ,only been struck a hand full of times and even then it's queationable. Yeti Cool Bros put him to sleep, a shark sneaks up on him, he nearly drowns and finally Carrot not only dodges him but lands an electrified hit. No one has his new world track record, not even Luffy who has been consistently been knocked around here and there. Even Bellamy of all people landed a decent hit.

Of course you have to take into account a lot of different things, Zoro blocking an attack means his body doesn't get touched. Where as Luffy, Sanji, Robon have to make direct contact with the attacking object. And then during Punk Hazard Zoro gets to toy with Monet while her superiors(in ability and standing), Vergo and Caesar take on the 3 captains present and Sanji.

I have to wonder if Oda is setting something up like a major humbling experience in Wano? I mean I really really doubt it as his personality doesn't lend to being humbled and he revels in fighting an overwhelming opponent. Though it seems like we are closer now than ever before to all of the Straw Hats having to go all out.
This is why im having a problem liking the guy after the skip. Pre timeskip zoro was consistently bad ass! BuT he had flaws,he had awesome fights! He's boring now

RomanceDawn

This is why im having a problem liking the guy after the skip. Pre timeskip zoro was consistently bad ass! BuT he had flaws,he had awesome fights! He's boring now

I can understand that sentiment. Though it only bugs me when fellow fans assume he is now stronger than Luffy. lol. Zoro himself isn't that delusional.

Every team needs their straight man though. It's too bad we haven't really seen him get lost or anything lately. I still love him though, just as much as all the other Straw Hats.

I can understand that sentiment. Though it only bugs me when fellow fans assume he is now stronger than Luffy. lol. Zoro himself isn't that delusional.

Every team needs their straight man though. It's too bad we haven't really seen him get lost or anything lately. I still love him though, just as much as all the other Straw Hats.
I just want the zoro from alabasta and thriller bark back lol.

smurfx

get some go again
since zoro sacrificed himself at thriller bark he has pretty much become the enforcer among the strawhats. he's kinda like rayleigh and benn beckman. i don't really see them being goofy or face faulting. they are pretty much the ones that make sure things get done no matter what stupid crap the captain gets them into. i guess he's truly accepted his position as first mate and what it means.

Oxn

Not his fault Fujitora ran from him and rather face Sabo.

Im kind of just enjoying how they just keep hinting at how great he is for now.

Red Fire

Zorro completely DESTROYED hody, the main baddy, boss of those fishmen, UNDER WATER.

That's enough for me, that's pretty damn impressive.

That's basically all the strawhats now.
Nah. Usopp still consistently gets trashed all the while looking awesome at moments. Franky has gotten the biggest push ever between punk hazard and dressrosa. Sanji lost twice and still had his moments. Nami and robin haven't fought yet neither has brook and chopper. Luffy got challenged with doflamingo. With zoro its just been toy toy. One shot. Toy. I what an epic das bones moment, a zoro vs kaku or ryuma. Did pica even touch the guy?

I don't know that Zoro is going to be humbled at Wano. Did you see how the Samurai looked at him when he pulled out his big attack at Dressrosa?

I think we were missed out on a Zoro v Fujitora fight. My feeling that a full on future fight for Zoro is going to be Admiral Ryokugyu. You could also have something like Zoro v Jack.

smurfx

get some go again
If anyone has to take out Jack, it has to be Zoro. Number 2 vs Number 2.
we don't know who kaidou's number 2 is though. it might be some person from wano so it would likely be an extremely strong swordsman. i could see jimbei and maybe sanji taking on jack together.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom