• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT| ZEHAHAHAHA! The Name of this Age is Blackbeard!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dugna

It'll still take less time to finish than Berserk.

Think of how many times they got on and off the boat in One Piece since they got on the boat in Berserk! And now it's time for Miura to take a 6 month hiatus.

Even then I still think One Piece will last past that....

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
One piece has 5-10 no more. You can already see things coming together slowly but surely. I actually think 10 is pushing it

How long did it take to get from the start of Jaya to the timeskip? I think we've got about the same amount of time left, based on past background development and what's going on in the background right now.

Squishy3

Even then I still think One Piece will last past that....
There's been 10 chapters of Berserk released since the last volume came out... in early 2013, so One Piece will probably finish before Berserk, especially since Oda never takes nearly as long breaks as Miura does.

How long did it take to get from the start of Jaya to the timeskip? I think we've got about the same amount of time left, based on past background development and what's going on in the background right now.
That took 8 Years for the manga..hmm my prediction lines up pretty nice with that

Yea, I figure it'll take a bit longer than that. So we're about a decade out from finishing, max.
Idk i see like 7-8 years but only because of what oda seems to be doing as of now. Before tge timeskip it was kind of like one threat at a time for the most part. Now its like a bunch of players, hell big players on like every island . Add to the fact the big players know most of the info we are missing. Look at the setups we have.

Blackbeard pirates vs revolutionary army(learn more about the revs and what blackbeard is up too)

Smoker on his way to vegapunk(devil fruit knowledge,how does he fuse them with weapons)

Not one but TWO yonko are making moves, ones already against luffy and the other(kaido) once he learns of zou and flamingos situation he'll be after them too.

Reviere(cant spell it too tired) is soon.

Alot of things seem to be in place

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Idk i see like 7-8 years but only because of what oda seems to be doing as of now. Before tge timeskip it was kind of like one threat at a time for the most part. Now its like a bunch of players, hell big players on like every island . Add to the fact the big players know most of the info we are missing. Look at the setups we have.

Blackbeard pirates vs revolutionary army(learn more about the revs and what blackbeard is up too)

Smoker on his way to vegapunk(devil fruit knowledge,how does he fuse them with weapons)

Not one but TWO yonko are making moves, ones already against luffy and the other(kaido) once he learns of zou and flamingos situation he'll be after them too.

While that's true, I don't expect more than one of those plot points to be tackled per arc.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
With odas style you're definitely right lol. If i had to choose for next year? Definitely reverie i neeeeed it!!(aside from the sanji stuff of course)

We're gonna get Big Mom and Kaido next year, it's just been lining up too well. Those are the two most pressing threats to the Strawhats, especially if Kaido really is holed up in Wano. The Blackbeard thing is going to go down between arcs, like the Ace stuff, until Oda reaches the point where he can't keep the Strawhats out of it anymore.

We're gonna get Big Mom and Kaido next year, it's just been lining up too well. Those are the two most pressing threats to the Strawhats, especially if Kaido really is holed up in Wano. The Blackbeard thing is going to go down between arcs, like the Ace stuff, until Oda reaches the point where he can't keep the Strawhats out of it anymore.
So whos going down first in your opinion kaido or big mom? With how it was going i would've said kaido but idk given the last chapter now i think big mom

TheFlow

Banned
Strawhats encounter big mom crew first trying to get Sanji and then are attacked by Kaido which forces the strawhats+big mom pirates to team up.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
So whos going down first in your opinion kaido or big mom? With how it was going i would've said kaido but idk given the last chapter now i think big mom

Honestly, we're not going to have any idea until we finish up the flashback. Safe money is on Big Mom though, if only so that Sanji is brought back into the fold--unless he's going to be meeting them in Wano for whatever reason.

Dugna

Yall do realize it took like 2-3 years to just finish dressrosa and most islands take a year or two. So again I think about 15-20 years if its shorter it will feel rushed.

dabig2

There are probably 3 major arcs left (including the final arc whatever that may be) that will probably be around Dressrosa length. Dressrosa arc was 10 volumes and lasted just about 2.5 years.

If I was a betting man, I think 10-15 years left of One Piece is just about right. The pieces are still currently being set up, but we're starting to get a semblance of the end game.

fake edit: see above!

Yeaaa i just don't see 10-20 years left. Odas detailed and slow but nah. 10-11 max. It doesn't matter anyway once it's done they'll still milk it anyway!! The worst part is knowing oda the story will be finished and end perfectly fine, no questions,if he's smart no kids etc and they will still find away.

Kaido
Big Mom
Wano
Weevil
The Supernovas
The Reverie
The Revolutionaries
Blackbeard
Meeting Shanks
The World Government
The True History
Raftel

Now any of these can be combined in whatever way Oda sees fit, but that's a lot of fucking stuff to cover. Dresrossa was already 100 chapters to just introduce the fleet and give Law/Doflamingo a backstory. Imagine similar backstories for any of the characters in the above subjects and you've got, again, a lot of fucking material to cover.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Yeaaa i just don't see 10-20 years left. Odas detailed and slow but nah. 10-11 max. It doesn't matter anyway once it's done they'll still milk it anyway!! The worst part is knowing oda the story will be finished and end perfectly fine, no questions,if he's smart no kids etc and they will still find away.
Get ready for One Piece Super

tumblr_inline_nsswh2Np171qc4l51_250.jpg

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
Kaido
Big Mom
Wano
Weevil
The Supernovas
The Reverie
The Revolutionaries
Blackbeard
Meeting Shanks
The World Government
The True History
Raftel

Now any of these can be combined in whatever way Oda sees fit, but that's a lot of fucking stuff to cover. Dresrossa was already 100 chapters to just introduce the fleet and give Law/Doflamingo a backstory. Imagine similar backstories for any of the characters in the above subjects and you've got, again, a lot of fucking material to cover.

We may get kaido, big mom and wano all in this saga.

We know that both kaido and big mom pirates have been at zou.

Get ready for One Piece Super

tumblr_inline_nsswh2Np171qc4l51_250.jpg

One piece giaden showing the story of Gol D. Roger
Whiebeard
shanks

IHaveIce

Banned
I wonder how they will resolve the Ceasar issue.

He is too dangerous to let him free, he also has not shown any change or that he wants to be better, so he won't become a crewmember.( Unless law forces him to be with CCs heart)

Killing him is out of the question, except an enemy does it. Every other faction that gets him has the potential to make very dangerous weapons.. so even giving him to the marines is kinda risky.

DKHF

I wonder how they will resolve the Ceasar issue.

He is too dangerous to let him free, he also has not shown any change or that he wants to be better, so he won't become a crewmember.( Unless law forces him to be with CCs heart)

Killing him is out of the question, except an enemy does it. Every other faction that gets him has the potential to make very dangerous weapons.. so even giving him to the marines is kinda risky.
I'm guessing Caesar is at Whole Cake Island with Sanji now or he and Sanji are somehow currently linked to Big Mom and at the end of her arc/when the current Sanji storyline ends Caesar will just be arrested by the marines.

RPGamer92

Banned
Kaido
Big Mom
Wano
Weevil
The Supernovas
The Reverie
The Revolutionaries
Blackbeard
Meeting Shanks
The World Government
The True History
Raftel

And Elbarf and I wouldn't be surprised if we re-visited Impel Down again because of Bon Clay. We also still don't know the third current admiral either.

Oxn

We may get kaido, big mom and wano all in this saga.

We know that both kaido and big mom pirates have been at zou.

One piece giaden showing the story of Gol D. Roger
Whiebeard
shanks
I would watch that.

Yall do realize it took like 2-3 years to just finish dressrosa and most islands take a year or two. So again I think about 15-20 years if its shorter it will feel rushed.

Im thinking 15 years as well. People be cray if they think under 10.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
And Elbarf and I wouldn't be surprised if we re-visited Impel Down again because of Bon Clay. We also still don't know the third current admiral either.

It's Elbaf
It's supposed to be Fable backwards.
Something Viz completely missed...

Majukun

the moment you realize that doflamingo was on the reunion of the shichibukai at marijoa not because of boredom,but to get info on the strawhats which he already deduced were responsible for croco's fall,as explained in a flashback in dressrosa.

it really is nothing important,but it's also for this small things that i love onepiece.

the moment you realize that doflamingo was on the reunion of the shichibukai at marijoa not because of boredom,but to get info on the strawhats which he already deduced were responsible for croco's fall,as explained in a flashback in dressrosa.

it really is nothing important,but it's also for this small things that i love onepiece.
Than two years later he does what he said everyone else's downfall was which was underestimate them

Blackleg-sanji already listed most of them.

You don't really believe that every arc is going to be as long as Dressrosa, do you?
It was a (necessary) massive arc that established the Grand Fleet and has become the major catalyst for the rest of the events in the New World. Every arc going forward to going to be someway or another tied to Dressrosa.

One Piece will not be going on for another 15 years. That's how long it took the manga to go from the very beginning to the time skip.
9-11 years is more likely.

Majukun

Than two years later he does what he said everyone else's downfall was which was underestimate them

only occasion where he underestimate luffy or the strawhats is when he though diamante could defeat luffy

the rest of his plan was a failure only because of several concidences and other actors entering the fray,including the long lost brother of the main protagonist which he had no way to know about in advance.

he also accurately preidctes luffy's level until gear 4 was unveiled..something he really had no way to know was even possible for luffy

all in all doffy took the mugiwara problem pretty seriously

You don't really believe that every arc is going to be as long as Dressrosa, do you?
It was a (necessary) massive arc that established the Grand Fleet and has become the major catalyst for the rest of the events in the New World. Every arc going forward to going to be someway or another tied to Dressrosa.

One Piece will not be going on for another 15 years. That's how long it took the manga to go from the very beginning to the time skip.
9-11 years is more likely.
People are too focused on how long dressrosa was. Look what that arc brung with it.

Doflamingo was actually going to dispose of Fujitora (probably through Sugar), and even if he did get arrested by Fuji, he might have thought he had enough pull with the World Government to prevent going to Impel Down.

Zeppu

Doflamingo was actually going to dispose of Fujitora (probably through Sugar), and even if he did get arrested by Fuji, he might have thought he had enough pull with the World Government to prevent going to Impel Down.

I'm imagining the Marines collectively all going: "Wait a goddamn second, why do we have only 2 admirals?!"

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
It's Elbaf
It's supposed to be Fable backwards.
Something Viz completely missed...
Didn't you read Frables as a child?

My point was more from the perspective of the characters. There are dozens of characters that will require backstories and set-up regardless of where the plot is moving. That takes time.

Dresrossa was as equally long for exploring the motivations for Doflamingo, Law, and Kyros/Rebecca neither of which are a part of the alliance.

Arguing the difference between 10, 15, or 20 years is kinda pointless, but I'm just saying that there is still a lot left to cover even if it doesn't feel like it.

TheFlow

Banned
My point was more from the perspective of the characters. There are dozens of characters that will require backstories and set-up regardless of where the plot is moving. That takes time.

Dresrossa was as equally long for exploring the motivations for Doflamingo, Law, and Kyros/Rebecca neither of which are a part of the alliance.

Arguing the difference between 10, 15, or 20 years is kinda pointless, but I'm just saying that there is still a lot left to cover even if it doesn't feel like it.
Dresrossa was a major arc that will be felt for a while. It was basically marineford arc big. It was basically a set up for everything else to happen

Dresrossa was a major arc that will be felt for a while. It was basically marineford arc big. It was basically a set up for everything else to happen
Not saying it wasn't, just saying the future arcs risk running the same length with the characters we have to get to know.

Also poor wording on my part with Law, but ya get it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom