• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT| ZEHAHAHAHA! The Name of this Age is Blackbeard!

Status
Not open for further replies.

RomanceDawn

Zou is exposition the arc and I love it! So nice to have all of this (mostly) relaxed downtime with all of this new info about the world and plots ahead.

If that translation is correct, Catviper just insulted Jinbe... >;(

Plot twist: Jinbe didn't retrieve that Poneglyph for Robin. He picked it up as a parting gift to Big Mom...

Man I hope the mangastream translation is better, especially after that last page I seen too many people theorize about Kaidou & I don't want it to be true!!

Plot twist: Jinbe didn't retrieve that Poneglyph for Robin. He picked it up as a parting gift to Big Mom...

Wasn't it a regular Poneglyph?

So does there need to be any more of these Glyphs now?

I mean, find these 4, go to Raftel and see the same truth Rogers and his crew did.

That note on the bottom of the last page better not be bullshitting.

Tho even if they start talking about One Piece I doubt Luffy would be happy about that.

"Secrets of that world" the way that is said peaks my interest.....

Either way this chapter is pure gold. 1,000,000/10

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
Ts9lvtF.png

There's an interesting bit of insight in this chapter that Veelk had brought up I think in the past. Nekomamushi says that there are people ("rascals") around the world interested in the void century, and they actively pursue that interest by collecting poneglyph imprints but are stymied by their inability to translate any of them. Veelk was wondering why people don't care about the void century or try to figure it out, looks like they do. But Nico Robin is the sole key necessary to get any of them past that vital roadblock.

Yooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Oda stop!!! Stop!

Zou is too hype

Even i forgot sanji wasn't there until luffy said something lmao hype ass arc

Syntsui

What a chapter, whew. I need a moment to process all the infomation. All of sudden Momonosuke's family turned out to be the most important family in the entire story.

ffdgh

Woah...Lore and history bombs out of nowhere and the end is somehwere in sight. Zou keeps on giving...also I like how franky's whale hairdo had a shocked face too lol.

Lexxism

I just love how those who disliked fighting the Yonkou suddenly changed their mind when Robin praised them. Bravo Robin. Bravo

convo

Man lots of revelations, everyone one the crew already hype for the endgame. That will still take another decade or so i reckon. Also

Four dots converging in the middle? Coincidence? I think not.

What the hell. Nobody expects the main plot to advance, this is weird.

The stakes are raising all the way up for Wano arc. It's not totally clear where Luffy will move next but we kinda know that this year's big arc is the tea party.

Four dots converging in the middle? Coincidence? I think not.

Isn't that supposed to be the four blues connected by Mariejois?

RomanceDawn

Man I hope the mangastream translation is better, especially after that last page I seen too many people theorize about Kaidou & I don't want it to be true!!

Wasn't it a regular Poneglyph?

It probably was a regular Poneglyph, not that we would be able to tell otherwise. Though a Poneglyph is a Poneglyph, can't imagine Big Mom would show no interest in a regular one especially with potential weapon info involved.

Not that I'm 100% behind Jinbe giving it to Big Mom. If he does want to give it to Robin he'll need to hide it in the ocean somewhere if he intends to take it to her.

Also the guy who I once predicted was Scopper Gaban, Roger's Bronze, I think might be Oden, Momo's father who was presumedly killed. He could have some how survived then whisked away and ended up seeing his former crew mate Crocus.

I really don't know who Luffy will take in first, I think Big Mom because he won't leave his crew mate behind. I see at as Jack will return to Zou and Luffy will humble him, leading to Luffy going to the Tea Party and Kaidou getting word of Luffy.

TheFlow

Banned
I really don't know who Luffy will take in first, I think Big Mom because he won't leave his crew mate behind. I see at as Jack will return to Zou and Luffy will humble him, leading to Luffy going to the Tea Party and Kaidou getting word of Luffy.

luffy vs jack!!! yaaaas please.

Alright am i crazy..or is oda really setting this up like we're about to take on two yonku at once?
Couldn't even begin to theorize. Oda keeps throwing us in crazy directions. We're in the Odanado hold tight and enjoy the ride.

Being serious I'm really seeing the Strawhats splitting up again not that I'd really like that. Luffy really wants to save Sanji and with one of the road pieces with BM. That just adds more motivation. We also have the Samurai that need to be dealt with. I doubt they will stay on Zou with the chance of Jack coming back. Unless he does comeback at the end of this Arc.

Then we also have "Whitebeard's" son coming after Luffy as well still. The Revos doing their thing and the Blackbeards pirates maybe attacking them.
World Govement's meeting as well.

My head hurts.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
GODA's done it again, he has been on fire lately.

I wonder who has or where the 4th Stone is?

I'm going to guess it's on Mariejois, in the hands of the World Government.

Or, come to think of it, Dragon might have it. If he does Blackbeard is likely to steal it during the attack that's coming up, which would put Luffy and Blackbeard on a collision course since Luffy needs it and only Robin can read the stone.

Kornflayx

Yo, WTF was this chapter? Oda's dropping bombs on every page. I think I need to lie down, this is too much.

So, let me summarize:

- The Kouzukis are the ones who wrote the Poneglyphs
- A lot of people have access to the text on the Poneglyphs, which makes Robin a prime target
- Oden was executed by the Shogun and Kaido
- Oden was on Rogers fucking ship and knew everything about Raftel

And even the crew interaction in this chapter was top notch. My god, this is so appropriate right now:

Syntsui

Also to be fair you'd only need three to find it. Watch this come up at the very end of the story.

How come? You would have a straight line between two island and one line with no specific end from the third island. Without knowing where the fourth island is, there would be a lot of sea to cover to find Raftel by chance

Legendary locations in One PIece.

Zou. Road Poneglyph confirmed.
Sky Islands. Confirmed exist. Confirmed Roger visited. Kaidou shown having access to sky islands. The sky island in skytopia was not the only sky island or even maybe the most legendary one.
"Cherry blossom" island. Shown in roger and whitebeard flashback. Cherry blossoms said to have legendary properties by Hiluluk.
Treasure tree Adam island. Under control of black market. Possible connection to Kaidou or Big Mom. Connection to Roger since he used the wood for the Oro Jackson.
Emerald City. Legendary lost city mentioned by Bellamy. Similar status to sky islands.

Have I missed any?

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Also to be fair you'd only need three to find it. Watch this come up at the very end of the story.
That depends on the layout. Four points connected by two intersecting lines, the intersecting point could be anywhere.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
That depends on the layout. Four points connected by two intersecting lines, the intersecting point could be anywhere.

... wait, you'd still only need 3. :eek:

Don't forget, this is the grand line. I'm sure there's a catch as to why that won't work, these aren't normal seas.

convo

... wait, you'd still only need 3. :eek:

It's true that you can pin point a location with just three points that's normal geometry, but they choose this method with four points to mark a location, it's more things to find which make it harder to find.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Thinking about it, marking these points on a map won't be enough. Traditional navigation doesn't work on the Grand Line, they'll likely need an eternal post for each of the different locations and use that to find their way.

Oxn

What the hell. Nobody expects the main plot to advance, this is weird.

The stakes are raising all the way up for Wano arc. It's not totally clear where Luffy will move next but we kinda know that this year's big arc is the tea party.

Isn't that supposed to be the four blues connected by Mariejois?

Raftel aka All Blue?

Kaidou and Big Mom were already in the horizon, but now they're much more crucial to the story than ever now.

The fourth stone could by on a Sky Island or maybe underwater. Hell, it might be where the third ancient weapon, Uranus, is.

So many possibilities.

I like the idea that Dragon has it though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom