• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT| ZEHAHAHAHA! The Name of this Age is Blackbeard!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm, 'Lost' my ass. I'll bet shanks ended up with it in the interest of protecting Raftel and his Captain's will until the right person came long. Not saying he ALWAYS had it, but got it later.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Place your bets on the location of the last road poneglyph

1. Shanks
2. Blackbeard
3. Dragon
4. The WG
5. Other

The Strawhat is the last piece. They've had it all along! /s

Bet: Other, cause I would love to see them going on an adventure to find it. Not for it to just be kind of given to them.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Kaidou and Big Mom were already in the horizon, but now they're much more crucial to the story than ever now.

The fourth stone could by on a Sky Island or maybe underwater. Hell, it might be where the third ancient weapon, Uranus, is.

So many possibilities.

I like the idea that Dragon has it though.

The more I think about it the more I think Dragon has it.

The way the story is currently going there's no real reason for Luffy to get into a conflict with Blackbeard. Yes, he needs Robin, but at the same time him finding Luffy is likely going to be a lot harder than Luffy finding Blackbeard, if only because Blackbeard likely has a standard base of operations.

If Dragon has it, then Blackbeard likely steals it in the upcoming fight, which would put the two of them on a crash course and force a fight naturally instead of through some contrivance.

EDIT: Come to think of it, you could argue the same with Shanks. Goddamn Oda, so many options!

Now it makes sense why they targeted Momo. Since he seems to be capable of hearing the voice of the poneglyphs (as his father and Roger could), it seems like he's one of the few people capable of understanding the meaning of a Poneglyph (Since we established that Roger was capable even without the ability to read them. Though given Oden was on his crew, it's likely he was the one who actually wrote down that note in Skypeia.)

Syntsui

The way the story is currently going there's no real reason for Luffy to get into a conflict with Blackbeard. Yes, he needs Robin, but at the same time him finding Luffy is likely going to be a lot harder than Luffy finding Blackbeard, if only because Blackbeard likely has a standard base of operations.

If Dragon has it, then Blackbeard likely steals it in the upcoming fight, which would put the two of them on a crash course and force a fight naturally instead of through some contrivance.

EDIT: Come to think of it, you could argue the same with Shanks. Goddamn Oda, so many options!

Yeah, I think Dragon has it and that's exactly why BB is so eager to go all out against him.

Big One

Banned
Chapter was fantastic. Zou looking like another bomb-dropping arc similar to Jaya and Shaboady. Only since we're getting closer to the end of the series, it's less about setting things up and more about revealing information about the history of the world.

I'm willing to bet the last Road Poneglyph is in Elbaf.

I also do not think Luffy is going to be able to beat the Yonkou as soon as he wants. Really expecting the upcoming Whole Cake Island arc might lead us to believe it's going to be Luffy vs. Big Mom, but something will happen and they'll have to team up to fight against Sanji's father and the Germa 66.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
So you guys don't think Jinbei has one of the road poneglyphs?

That would be way too lucky. It's either Dragon, Shanks, or the WG.

Chapter was fantastic. Zou looking like another bomb-dropping arc similar to Jaya and Shaboady. Only since we're getting closer to the end of the series, it's less about setting things up and more about revealing information about the history of the world.

I'm willing to bet the last Road Poneglyph is in Elbaf.

Elbaf could be one of the locations listed as well.

Fucking hell, this whole thing just got blown wide open. Anything can happen!

Given that BB is the most likely final villain, and that Whitebeard's speech at Marineford seemed to be saying One Piece will continue into one last arc after the treasure is found, I don't think Luffy will fight Blackbeard until after he's been to Raftel. I think it's very possible Blackbeard is gathering strength so that if someone gets there, he'll be able to take them out once they leave and steal the glory of the title with less effort than finding the way to Raftel himself

This image shows why having only three Road Poneglyphs isn't enough.

gWid6HP.jpg

Add to the fact that Zou is a moving island and it'll completely fuck up the general area of where Raftel is located.

Nibel

61adb6c860eedc7d99837hlrua.gif

What a magnificent chapter; Oda pushing the main story forward on so many levels right now that I can't help but feel excited.

The Wano arc was always expected to come and I was okay with it, but now I can't wait for that shit to happen.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Given that BB is the most likely final villain, and that Whitebeard's speech at Marineford seemed to be saying One Piece will continue into one last arc after the treasure is found, I don't think Luffy will fight Blackbeard until after he's been to Raftel. I think it's very possible Blackbeard is gathering strength so that if someone gets there, he'll be able to take them out once they leave and steal the glory of the title with less effort than finding the way to Raftel himself

While this is an option, part of me thinks the World Government is the final battle. Blackbeard's a good foil for Luffy, but the World Government is chasing down the legendary weapons and are trying to keep the Void Century under-wraps. I imagine they'd be waiting for Luffy if he ever made it to Raftel so he doesn't ruin everything.

If Dragon has it...would Robin know he has it. There's a good chance he would have had her translate it.

Could be he came into possession of it after she left. That or it is the World Government that has it and Dragon is the way Luffy and the others find it.

While this is an option, part of me thinks the World Government is the final battle. Blackbeard's a good foil for Luffy, but the World Government is chasing down the legendary weapons and are trying to keep the Void Century under-wraps. I imagine they'd be waiting for Luffy if he ever made it to Raftel so he doesn't ruin everything.

Could be he came into possession of it after she left. That or it is the World Government that has it and Dragon is the way Luffy and the others find it.

I think the world government will be involved in the final arc too, but that Luffy's main opponent will be BB

Syntsui

Add to the fact that Zou is a moving island and it'll completely fuck up the general area of where Raftel is located.

Oh shit, Zou is a moving island. So they will have to return there after discovering the other island, so they can actually have the correct location. That, implying the other island are fixed too.

Oxn

This image shows why having only three Road Poneglyphs isn't enough.

gWid6HP.jpg

Maybe im mistaken, but i dont think zou is one of those points, the road pony only points to one of those locations.

I also like how this revelation also ties into Nami's dream. Remember, because you can't use a normal compass, drawing an accurate map of the grandline would be extremely difficult. So Nami's amazing cartography skills would also be vital in actually using the info from the road poneglyphs to find out where Raftel is

Nami's importance of having a large map is coming into play. These points of interest might not even be near each other. They just need to cross. X marks the spot. After all Raftel is the last place.

I also like how this revelation also ties into Nami's dream. Remember, because you can't use a normal compass, drawing an accurate map of the grandline would be extremely difficult. So Nami's amazing cartography skills would also be vital in actually using the info from the road poneglyphs to find out where Raftel is
0_o holy shit you just read my mind. That's creepy.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I think the world government will be involved in the final arc too, but that Luffy's main opponent will be BB

I just don't think he's the final fight right now. Whatever we find on Raftel is going to lead us to the final fight and Blackbeard always struck me as a conflict that would happen on the way there.

Maybe im mistaken, but i dont think zou is one of those points, the road pony only points to one of those locations.

Correct. The Road Poneglyphs only point to those markers, they aren't the markers themselves. That said, his picture still shows why they'd still need all 4.

YES!

Nami's importance of having a large map is coming into play. These points of interest might not even be near each other. They just need to cross. X marks the spot. After all Raftel is the last place.

0_o holy shit you just read my mind. That's creepy.

Yeah, I noticed that we had a post on pretty much the same topic, one after the other

Taborcarn

Yes, Zou moving has nothing to do with the location of Raftel. The Ponyglyph on Zou has the coordinates to one of the points, that point isn't moving.

The chapter had something like this by showing Nami as the one who identified it as a point on a map.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
But yeah, the WB pirates is another option. WB's last orders to them were more or less to be an ally of Luffy and help him. And I would like to think they'd play a bigger role than as foot soldiers in each of the 2 big wars with the WG (Marineford and the eventual attack on the WG foretold by whitebeard in his dying breath).

I feel like blackbeard is going to end up following Luffy to raftal. The WB pirates might have joined up with Shanks, and have the last poneglyph. A Davy back fight between the red haired/whitebeard pirates and the straw hats. If the straw hats lose, they give over their 3 sea charts to Shanks and help decipher the 4th. If the red haired/WB pirates lose, they give up the final poneglyph

Big One

Banned
If I had to guess, you'd have to draw a square-like shape between the four locations, then cross two lines diagonally inside the square, and X would mark the spot in the middle.

Totakeke

Wasn't it mentioned at one point that WB was the closest to being the pirate king? If going to Raftel is the only requirement, then people should know he has the fourth before he passed or otherwise it would be quite odd to think him as the closest.

Lunar15

I bet that, for whatever reason, Blackbeard will be able to read poneglyphs.

Also, with the two Yonkou having two of the red Poneglyphs, the ending of everything is pretty much taking shape.

However, first we're going to get no-so-stealth luffy on Whole Cake Island, bleh.

Big One

Banned
Wasn't it mentioned at one point that WB was the closest to being the pirate king? If going to Raftel is the only requirement, then people should know he has the fourth before he passed or otherwise it would be quite odd to think him as the closest.
Whitebeard was already told about the truth of the world and everything by Roger seemingly. So he probably didn't even need to go to Raftel.

Whitebeard wasn't interested in being Pirate King due to caring more for his "family" aka his crew. He didn't have any interest in conquering the Grand Line.

I think they meant strength wise. I mean, Shanks might not even need the road poneglyphs, since as a part of Roger's crew he has presumably been to Raftel already (though I guess he might not actually know the coordinates). Having one road poneglyph without the others is fairly useless, and noone but Robin can read the poneglyphs, so being the current owner of one of the four is fairly meaningless. Plus I'm pretty sure these aren't public knowledge

Oxn

Whitebeard was already told about the truth of the world and everything by Roger seemingly. So he probably didn't even need to go to Raftel.

Whitebeard wasn't interested in being Pirate King due to caring more for his "family" aka his crew. He didn't have any interest in conquering the Grand Line.

Nvm

ElFly

The location of each Road Poneglyph isn't important; each one holds info about a (different from where the poneglyph is) location, and each of those locations are needed to intersect and give you Raftel.

Three Poneglyphs would give you just a line, but only if you knew which pair of the three poneglyphs define a line. Yeah, even if you assumed the lines are perpendicular (BIG assumption) it is not enough (although it would reduce greatly the possibilities)

I bet All Blue doesn't exist. Sanji ends the series blueballed.

There's a theory that the All Blue is Fishman Island. Luffy has to destroy it after finding the One Piece; remember that a seer made a prophecy that Luffy would destroy Fishman Island, and that would be in a perfect place to create a hole that unites the four seas.

Place your bets on the location of the last road poneglyph

1. Shanks
2. Blackbeard
3. Dragon
4. The WG
5. Other

It is weird that Oda didn't go with each Yonkou having a Road Poneglyph, which would be a simple and neat explanation for the Four Emperors. Of course, Blackbeard would have thrown a monkey wrench on this.

My money is on Dragon tho.

Nah man, the All Blue is going to be the sea that Raftel is located in.

Willing to bet money on this.

The location of each Road Poneglyph isn't important; each one holds info about a (different from where the poneglyph is) location, and each of those locations are needed to intersect and give you Raftel.

Three Poneglyphs would give you just a line, but only if you knew which pair of the three poneglyphs define a line. Yeah, even if you assumed the lines are perpendicular (BIG assumption) it is not enough.

That's correct. Forgot that part when I wrote that post.

I'm going to assume, however, that the location of the fourth road poneglyph might be on a mobile island similar to Zou.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
You know, if the poneglyph Jinbe has is a regular one they should paint it red and use it to pull a switcheroo.

I had that same thought. They bust into Big Mom's place, half the crew starts causing trouble while the other half pulls of an Ocean's Eleven style switcheroo.

So if you can move a Poneglyph, why does the world government not collect and lock them away?

All the ones we've seen so far are fairly well hidden.

So if you can move a Poneglyph, why does the world government not collect and lock them away?

Because two of the Emperors have them, no one knows where the other is, and Zou is hard to track I assume.

Anyone notice he said that "none have laid eyes on Raftel for hundreds of years..." which means people had before Roger. Connected to the Void Century, confirmed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom