• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT| ZEHAHAHAHA! The Name of this Age is Blackbeard!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taborcarn

Wait until he sees you watch one piece so much he starts pointing to characters.

"daddy look chopper, its chopper"
Coolest thing ever

He does that now with the kids shows, but so far we haven't had the TV on with any other kind of show when he's around. But he does have the habit of asking where are any of the other characters that aren't currently on screen. Like if we're watching Paw Patrol:
"Where's Marshall?"
"He's back at the Tower."
"Where's Marshall?"
"He's not in this episode."
"Where's Marshall?"
"...."

If he ever starts asking "Where's Sanji?" I'm in trouble.

RomanceDawn

I have a two-and a half year old son. He's changed my life around completely. And now he's big enough that he can say his ABCs, count past 10, put together jigsaw puzzles on his own, and other cool stuff.

And he was born 6 months after the Straw Hats landed on Dressrosa. Great googly moogly.

I was arguing for Jinbe around 2010. I got married around then and we planned our first child for 2012. I told myself in 2010 Jinbe will join officially before my daughter is born. She'll be 4 next week and this time for sure, I know he'll join by the time she is 6!

Taborcarn

I was arguing for Jinbe around 2010. I got married around then and we planned our first child for 2012. I told myself in 2010 Jinbe will join officially before my daughter is born. She'll be 4 next week and this time for sure, I know he'll join by the time she is 6!

There's a good chance that you'll definitely maybe be right!

Lunar15

The Ninja-Pirate-Mink-Samurai Alliance.

Beautiful.

I like how Law is just kind of looped into this by proxy and he can't get out of it. We were initially worried about Law being too prominent and controlling the alliance, but it's definitely turned out to be the exact opposite situation.

RomanceDawn

- I just noticed that what we consider Grays(big headed black eyed aliens) probably exist in the One Piece universe.
- The Space Pirates very well may have some relation to the Minks. But they seem to have bird people, reptiles and what looks to be a giant salamander man or something.
- They are in pressurized space suits but they seem to wear no helmet. Unless they have animal helmets. But then there is an older guy writing up plans who looks like any regular human.
- The folks of Wano and the Minks have some relation to the moon so maybe there are off world origins between the 2?
- On the excavation machine there is strange writing. One character resembles the common circle with a dot in the middle found on every Ponaglyph and the other characters wouldn't look out of place on one either. Though the glyphs seem to have characters or a character bunched into "doubles" unlike whats on the excavation machine.

I think we are going to end up with many alien cultures: 3 types of angels, a half breed type(like Luffy maybe?), classic grays depicted in media, more animal people(distant relatives to the minks), more human types like the old man in the space pirate group or maybe Vinsmokes.

this talk about babies and I just watched the episode in the Foxy arc that Sanji imagines his daughter with Nami, almost choked on that part lmao

I like how Law is just kind of looped into this by proxy and he can't get out of it. We were initially worried about Law being too prominent and controlling the alliance, but it's definitely turned out to be the exact opposite situation.

People worried about that clearly didn't understand Luffy well. I mean, the moment the alliance started the other Strawhats even warned Law that Luffy's idea of an alliance and his were different, and that Luffy is super selfish when it comes to this type of thing (as in, he won't really take no for an answer)

Spoilers, early release for tomorrow!

Dogstorm and Catviper were "members" of Rogers Crew.
Luffy asks if it's true and they say "that's one way to put it"

Jigolo

Spoilers, early release for tomorrow!

Dogstorm and Catviper were "members" of Rogers Crew.
Luffy asks if it's true and they say "that's one way to put it"

kool.

also didn't know they were referred like that, lol. at first i had no clue who you were talking about

They were just the pets of the Pirate King but taking them to Raftel made them human. Yeah fuck it why not.

Everyone who goes to Raftel gets a devil power and devil fruit users to go there all get another power and die instantly.

Thought we might get an early release, since I learned it was a saturday jump issue when I read the news about HxH (They're unveiling more info in the next Jump)

IHaveIce

Banned
They were just the pets of the Pirate King but taking them to Raftel made them human. Yeah fuck it why not.

Everyone who goes to Raftel gets a devil power and devil fruit users to go there all get another power and die instantly

Good going discussing that without spoilers

kool.

also didn't know they were referred like that, lol. at first i had no clue who you were talking about

Haha yeah,
Watching the OP Podcast threw me into calling them that.

As for the spoiler, I'm guessing they just sailed with Roger but didn't make that "final voyage". Maybe only core members went to Raftel and Shanks and Buggy also stayed behind.

I really do wonder how long he's gonna stick around; I mean, he's practically a Straw Hat now.

Then Luffy turns around and his face is Aizen

3780364-0648496847-aizen.jpg

Syntsui

Then Luffy turns around and his face is Aizen

Something like this. It was I thought I had when they announced the alliance and Law was all misterious. Nowadays they are way too close and went through a lot of shit together. It would need a very GODA explanation for it to make sense.

It was my plan all along to trick you into thinking that I was Trafalgar D. Water Law but really I was Waterloo F. Dirt Chaos all this time! I manipulated you all this time to follow my plan.

marmoka

Banned
I finally read the spoilers and surfed the net to find a lot more about tomorrow's chapter. And you know what?? It's hilarious!! A lot of information about this arc and the following months has been leaked guys!!! If you cannot wait, here goes:
Captain Jack met Robin's mother many years ago and had a true love relationship with her. She got pregnant, and Robin was born. Jack notices how similar Robin is to his ex-girlfriend. Finally Robin meets his father. They both have a discussion about Zou, the minks, ninjas, and the rest of the stuf. Robin and the rest of the crew convince him, so they all team up. But will Kaidou accept this? Will Jack fight with the Strawhats against Kaidou? Will Luffy win and make Kaidou a subordinate, and go all to fight Big Mum and rescue Sanji? Don't miss the next chapter.

The first stupid thing that came to my mind. If this really happens, I will die of laughter.

I finally read the spoilers and surfed the net to find a lot more about tomorrow's chapter. And you know what?? It's hilarious!! A lot of information about this arc and the following months has been leaked guys!!! If you cannot wait, here goes:
Captain Jack met Robin's mother many years ago and had a true love relationship with her. She got pregnant, and Robin was born. Jack notices how similar Robin is to his ex-girlfriend. Finally Robin meets his father. They both have a discussion about Zou, the minks, ninjas, and the rest of the stuf. Robin and the rest of the crew convince him, so they all team up. But will Kaidou accept this? Will Jack fight with the Strawhats against Kaidou? Will Luffy win and make Kaidou a subordinate, and go all to fight Big Mum and rescue Sanji? Don't miss the next chapter.

The first stupid thing that came to my mind. If this really happens, I will die of laughter.

I hate you for this, damn it.

lol

Ray Down

Banned
Some spoilers
seriously
-Nami seemingly squeezes luffy into her breasts
-He praises her skills as a Navigator being unrivaled and she starts to blush
-Cat and Dog know of marco
-1 year ago Marco came to Zou before he and the rest of the crew went to face off against Blackbeard
-Blackbeard crushed them and that archived him yonkou status
-Law suggests using his submarine to covertly land in a safe place in wano
-they plan to make a vivre card so everyone can find each other later
-Inuarashi also wants to find Marco
-Luffy can't remember Marco and Robin tells him to think of a man with the head of a pineapple.
-He remembers and wants to see them since he Passed out at Marieford.
-They make it to the bottom of the tree and everyone greets Raizou with pleasure
-Nami feels some responsibility, and wants to go with Luffy to navigate. Chopper too, also to help tend Pekoms. Brook too, for soothing music
-Robin tells Luffy to get the glyph copy. She also wants Kaido's
-Zou shakes at the end. Finally everyone starts noticing whats up.

YEAH looks like the ones that got the back seat at Dressrosa will be players in Whole Cake.

Good for Nami makes sense why she there plus while she didn't do a whole lot in PH I liked the stuff she did there, Brooke makes sense since he seemingly knows about the Vinsmokes

More stuff lots of weird characters and still not really confirmed been warned about spoilers:
-talk about Luffy’s hat, Luffy asks if they known Shanks too

-Inu and Neko sailed with Roger but we’re not crew mates

-At the time Shanks and Buggy were apprentices

-Inu and Neko where Whitebeard’s men, Oden was a servant of Newgate

-The truth is Newgate and Roger reached Raftel together

-After reaching Raftel Oden closed Wano off to the world

-it was at Oden’s behest that Newgate wouldn’t claim to fame

-Roger and Newgate would become acquaintances

-there is talk about the severity of a particular crime

-The race to Raftel was magical like “sea clouds floating in climate” (difficult to translate)

-Those days were fun floating on the ocean floor according to Neko

-Luffy asks if about Rayleigh and Franky asks about Tom

-Inu and Neko are surprised to meet Desciples of Roger’s men

-Brook tries to add something to the story about his last but Nami interupts

-Nami asks about the logpose’s ability to trace

-She believes she has enough information now to determine the whereabouts

-Nami asks about Twin Capes and Crocus and says she can cross-trace Raftel

-Neko wonders if Crocus is okay, Luffy says he was healthy two years ago

-Brook finally speaks and Mention some connection to his crew being wiped out

-Nami becomes angry Neko isn’t responding until he says the secret has been discocered

-Neko says the original log is the end point (difficult to translate)

-Inu laughs and tells Nami not to worry if she makes a mistake

-Luffy praises Nami as a navigator

-Neko says they have things to do before they can fight Kaido

-Marco came to see Inu and Neko a year ago and they fought Blackbeard together

-Robin reveals Blackbeard’s win against Whitebeard remnants gained him yonko status

-Neko says Marco’s whereabouts and status are presently unknown

-Robin says it was a pretty big fight

-Neko admits they were totally defeated

-Luffy reflects on never seeing the WB pirates again after losing consciousness at the war

-After Luffy speaks on Ace and WB pirates Raizo determined they need a strategy

-Zoro asks if Shogun will be the next target

-Raizo confirms but ipowerful allied enemies are guarding the borders

-Law claim they can infiltrate undetected with his Submarine all he need ls a bibli card

-At the feast the alliance is celebrated, Nami tells Luffy he needs to go and she wants to come

-Chopper refuses to let Pekoms with his injuries and Brooks plays depressing music

-Luffy hears Zunisha’s cry, Zou is being attacked

ODA DAMN

2 week break, Oda taking a Vacation

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
So using official release dates, does "two week break" mean March 21st, break, April 4th? Or March 21st, break, break, April 11th?

Either way, a break every few weeks is preferable to Togashi's years without content.

So using official release dates, does "two week break" mean March 21st, break, April 4th? Or March 21st, break, break, April 11th?

Either way, a break every few weeks is preferable to Togashi's years without content.

This issue should be issue 16, it says it will resume in issue 18. So it should just be one week off

Also goddamn this chapter was good

I guess the log pose only points you to the first clue in how to find Raftel, but doesn't go to raftel itself, which makes sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom