• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT| ZEHAHAHAHA! The Name of this Age is Blackbeard!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Robin-chwan ain't nothin to fuck with

HFJlFYd.png

(Hope this is street legal)

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
So I'm trying to figure out what Robin actually... did. It looks like all her little hands, doing butterfly mimicry, are "flapping" to create a whirlwind? And the arms she grew on the blade are spinning to twist the blade, and maybe get caught in the wind to redirect it? That's... awfully complicated.

...and impossible? She can bloom hands on things, but the little butterfly hands, what are they blooming on? They're kinda just appearing out of empty space. Is she growing them on friggin oxygen atoms in the air or what?

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
Flower petals?

Hm maybe it's that. Flower Fields and all. There are a couple petals in the picture, but Robin's effects always produce petals anyway, so I'm not sure those are hers or naturally occurring ones.

A fair theory, though! Maybe Diamante's thrust scattered petals into the air, and Robin co-opted them. Which is... pretty friggin OP.

Yeah...Bart must join. He has an interesting fruit, a wacky character, and an amusing backstory. I am still not convinced he will join, but he would fit.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
I bet ya Robin caught Hakuba cause she's secretly rockin some observation haki. It's definitely the type most suited to her.

Bart and Robin for the win!

Remembering how he completely speed blitzed everyone in Block D, Robin stopping Hakuba in his tracks was so good. Bart's Bari Bari Pistol was a great tribute to his idol Luffy-senpai.

Gladius tho

tumblr_ni8cxmR6Pi1u842bzo1_1280.png

lol

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
I bet ya Robin caught Hakuba cause she's secretly rockin some observation haki. It's definitely the type most suited to her.
I've been convinced Robin has observation haki since Punk Hazard where she "heard" Monet's explosion before everyone else despite there being a "silence" sound effect on the same panel. Pretty clear foreshadowing I think.

I also love how Robin's speed line was a call back to Alabasta where she said the same thing to Pell.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I've been convinced Robin has observation haki since Punk Hazard where she "heard" Monet's explosion before everyone else despite there being a "silence" sound effect on the same panel. Pretty clear foreshadowing I think.

I also love how Robin's speed line was a call back to Alabasta where she said the same thing to Pell.

I feel like she's about to stomp this dude into the ground and make Kyros look bad in the process.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
I feel like she's about to stomp this dude into the ground and make Kyros look bad in the process.
I'm sure she could but she's not really the kill stealing type. With all the story build up the only person other than Kyros who's allowed to beat Diamente is Rebecca (assuming Kyros doesn't get "Ace'd"). But the only way Rebecca's getting that kill is if Kyros goes down and something crazy happens like Hakuba possesses her lol.

I can see Rebecca turning the tide of the battle though. For example, Kyros is having the most trouble with Diamemte's devil fruit powers and Law's seastone chains are sorta laying right next to Rebecca...

Barto gets his moment to really shine and I actually exclaimed 'about FUCKIN time' at that last page. great chapter eh, actually the last couple of chapters have been a little weird to me but I guess I'm just getting used to the fucking strange antics of an entirely new roster of characters. I dropped the anime after I caught up but I think I'll give these last two arcs a watch once Dressrosa is through so I can parse this nuts shit better

If Birdy doesn't become a member, then I don't know anymore.

I've been calling the Straw Hat Fleet since the moment a hundred named characters all showed up as once but I'm starting to think especially after this last chapter that Barto would make good rival material, like the Whitebeard to Luffy's Roger, and Luffy could inspire that will in him with just a few words.

Lunar15

Not sure why people are calling for Bart to join the crew: His shtick doesn't really meld with "permanent crew member status". The entire joke is that he loves watching luffy and crew from afar and is basically one big fanboy. He's more of an acolyte than a crew member, and just putting him on the crew doesn't necessarily go along with that gag.

Grexeno

It's kind of crazy how many characters are introduced in this arc who could potentially be someone who joins the crew if not for one thing.

Not sure why people are calling for Bart to join the crew: His shtick doesn't really meld with "permanent crew member status". The entire joke is that he loves watching luffy and crew from afar and is basically one big fanboy. He's more of an acolyte than a crew member, and just putting him on the crew doesn't necessarily go along with that gag.

I agree. He's great fun, but his gag wouldn't really work as a permanent crew member. But he'll definitely be an important ally in the end game, along with the other coliseum fighters. He's more like one of Whitebeard's allied pirates to the strawhats than an actual strawhat

I keep saying: there is no way a huge allied Straw Hat fleet is a thing until the final arc.

I guess we'll find out ten years from now.

when dressrosa finishes

but I mean this arc alone has introduced a crew whose leader holds a frantic and unrequited devotion to the Straw Hats, another crew of what seems like total nutjobs with lasting appeal that has literally been placed under Luffy's wing, and lots of dudes with dreams and gumption who owe the Straw Hats a favor or two. I don't think it's unreasonable to believe a Yonkou-fighting fleet is being foreshadowed.
it totally is

Better then what Nami will get (nothing) at least, lol

Robin growing a leg for Kyros sounds possible, would be pretty cool.

sounds pretty reasonable and would make for a hilarious visual gag

Robin could straight up gyro that battlefield using extra limbs for balance. (she'd control Kyros' surrogate leg too wouldn't she? hmm...) And what the hell is she doing to Diamante's sword? This should be a real good fight.

RagnarokX

Today he reminded me a lot of Zoro when he fought and lost to Mihawk. When he promised Luffy that he'd never lose again.

Zingerale

Banned
I don't think Bart will join as a permanent member of the crew.

In this chapter, Bart said he never wanted to team up with Cabbage ever. That's pretty much a guarantee that it's gonna happen sooner or later.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
I don't think Bart will join as a permanent member of the crew.

In this chapter, Bart said he never wanted to team up with Cabbage ever. That's pretty much a guarantee that it's gonna happen sooner or later.

well if Wano country is next maybe Barto and Cabbage don't join the crew but act as replacement companions since we know kinemon and momo are likely going to stay behind in wano country once that arc is over. I mean either or both are good candidate to have Luffy use there ship since somebody has to take Luffy and Co. there. The Sunny is technically "gone" right now.

well if Wano country is next maybe Barto and Cabbage don't join the crew but act as replacement companions since we know kinemon and momo are likely going to stay behind in wano country once that arc is over. I mean either or both are good candidate to have Luffy use there ship since somebody has to take Luffy and Co. there. The Sunny is technically "gone" right now.

Barto is for sure gonna be in the next arc as he'll want to help Luffy rescue the rest of the Straw Hats and the Sunny from Big Mom as I'm pretty sure they're gonna get off screen captured

In random news, Chikao Otsuka the VA for Gol D. Roger passed away, Mayumi Tanaka (Luffy's VA) turned 60 yesterday, and the One Piece smartphone game Treasure Cruise passed 100 MILLION DOWNLOADS

GG-Duo

Bart and Cavendish would make a great duo together - and Bart's power is uniquely powered such that he wouldn't get murdered just because the guy falls asleep.

But, yeah, I think Luffy is going to have an alliance fleet.

Nightbird

There is no way Kinemon joins.

I forgot this Character was in this Arc hahaha

About the Alliance Stuff: I think it'll happen. It does not mean that those people will all cruise alsonge the Straw Hats, but rather that they can come to help out everytime something bigger happens. This would allow Oda to make more Arcs wich ends up in larger Battles, something that should be a thing, now that Luffy starts to Face the big Guns of the One-Piece World.

those are my thoughts about that.

I actually think all those people will try to form a fleet at the end of the arc, and Luffy will be like NO

I've considered this notion as well, but at the same time Luffy's been doing "yonkou-ish" stuff like claiming islands. (most notably fishman island.)

They could always become the fleet of "Captain "God" Usopp, Fleet Commander of the Strawhats."

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I doubt Luffy would ever have a real fleet, it'd just be friends of the Strawhat.

Same way eventually Luffy will start getting turf like the yonkou. He'll accidentally stumble upon being the name that protects certain islands. Like once he beats Big Mom Merman Island will be under his reign like they wanted.

Grexeno

I just can't imagine any Straw Hat Fleet being a constant presence story-wise until the final arc. It would be such a huge change.

Lunar15

I keep saying: there is no way a huge allied Straw Hat fleet is a thing until the final arc.

Oh, they won't go sailing around with the straw hats or anything like that. They'll just pledge to help luffy later down the line, like when he fights a Yonkou or during the final arc. Whitebeard's alliance didn't travel with him, they just came to the war with him.

In terms of new crew members, I don't think I want any more. It's already hard enough for oda to keep them all relevant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom