• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT| ZEHAHAHAHA! The Name of this Age is Blackbeard!

Status
Not open for further replies.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
This is a really weird moment in the arc. Zoro and Robin don't even seem to have broken a sweat. All the executives except Trebol are down. There are way too many allies still conscious and healthy and way too little enemies around. I feel like Oda may through a curveball and have Fujitora attack the pirates or possibly have Kaidou show up. No way will he just keep Zoro and Robin around and they aren't taking out the Bird Cage anytime soon.

Was too early to tell considering we dont know whats up with Sanji, Nami and co - for all we know the other halt of the Strawhats might be in a very bad position and the Strawhats fighting right now wont be resting for long if Kaidou or Big Mom makes a move.

And as mentioned ...Robin is injured and Zoro is a beast, i would be worried with Sanji Mia with Zoro being heavy injured as well...because we know after the Dofla fight Luffy will be half dead.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Was too early to tell considering we dont know whats up with Sanji, Nami and co - for all we know the other halt of the Strawhats might be in a very bad position and the Strawhats fighting right now wont be resting for long if Kaidou or Big Mom makes a move.

And as mentioned ...Robin is injured and Zoro is a beast, i would be worried with Sanji Mia with Zoro being heavy injured as well...because we know after the Dofla fight Luffy will be half dead.

Well Big Mom's already made a move, Sanji, Nami and the others encountered her on the way to the next island. Unless some seriously funny coincidences go down they're in deep shit.

Zeppu

There is no way this arc ends with the defeat of DF. Someone else is going to show up before they leave this island.

I do want Doflamingo to stay after this arc, but he's just so powerful. Also, his entire organization is being dismantled.

Then again, Crocodile, which reminds me that I want to see those two interact again.

Loofy

Hey can someone tell me who brook is supposed to be?

sa3sjtK.jpg

EDIT: ↓↓ Oooooohh thx

Kater

Banned
No more drinking, so that's how he spurred him on in his training! :p

And Luffy's mad like I haven't seen him since the fight with Crocodile. I can't wait to read the next chapter.

Chariot

I do want Doflamingo to stay after this arc, but he's just so powerful. Also, his entire organization is being dismantled.

Then again, Crocodile, which reminds me that I want to see those two interact again.
Actually most people stay around and can keep more or less with the power level which is amazing. That's one thing I love about One Piece, the power level don't spiral exponential into eternity and the heroes aren't the only ones that get stronger in a static world of rank climbing.

cw_sasuke

That cliffhanger is such a freaking tease. He's not dead...he can't be.
Well mancherie will heal them up of course. Otherwise they would be screwed.

Luffy is pissed, which is nice but it takes more to take down someone like DoFla.

RobbieNick

I got a question for you guys.I'm a bit of a One Piece newb and only just finished the Alabaster saga on DVD. One thing that ticked me off is that the falcon guy (Perro?) managed to survive a blast from a bomb he was carrying meant to take out an entire city. So my question is this...

Have any devil fruit eaters died at all? The reason I'm saying this is maybe the devil fruit grants some kind of immortality or great healing factor. I now there's a strong logic leap to take with this series, but too many characters take serious injuries that would normally end in death and somehow manage to survive.

ffdgh

I got a question for you guys.I'm a bit of a One Piece newb and only just finished the Alabaster saga on DVD. One thing that ticked me off is that the falcon guy (Perro?) managed to survive a blast from a bomb he was carrying meant to take out an entire city. So my question is this...

Have any devil fruit eaters died at all? The reason I'm saying this is maybe the devil fruit grants some kind of immortality or great healing factor. I now there's a strong logic leap to take with this series, but too many characters take serious injuries that would normally end in death and somehow manage to survive.

Yes. 4 so far tho i'm probably forgetting someone lol.

Welfare

If Law died Viola would've said something. Probably just another fuck up because of all the bamboo some people are eating.

Yeah, again, no one dies on One Piece, devil fruit user or otherwise, even when they've had to endure incredible attacks. It sucks a little because it removes the values from some of the sacrifices. Usually it just ends with a character having to sleep for a week or two and then he or she is back to normal. But in One Piece it's more about losing your pride, honor and mission when you lose (and sometimes getting a scar).

But on that note, there are a few devil fruit users that die later on.

The general rule is name characters don't die in OP and can take insane amount of damage .
So if they are not fodder chances are they live.

Dugna

He didn't use haki so he just majorly screwed her mentally. You know who did her in.

Also I just noticed Koala's snail has dragon's face tattoo as it's shell design. Neat.

Den den mushis are like the best actors throughout the whole show, always having on different outfits and changing their faces.

I'm loving the changes to Bellamy between this fight and the original Mock Town fight with Luffy.

Pride was at the centre of both battles in a way, but there's such an interesting contrast.

1. in Jaya Luffy actually didn't care to fight Bellamy until he hurt his friends: after which Luffy did that devestating one hit KO. Not having fun with the fight or anything, just "BAM" you're down.

2. During Mock Town Bellamy didn't think for a second Luffy could beat him, he clearly went into that fight with the explicit goal of curbstomping some newbie pirate & mocking their ideals.

In contrast ... Luffy and Bellamy's "role" in this fight is completely different, yet it ended essentially the exact same way as the Mock town duel.

Honestly the big difference is that in Mock Town Bellamy had no idea Luffy could even touch him & literally wanted to destroy Luffy's pride.

In this fight Bellamy knew damn well Luffy could take him down with that single hit, but he went into the fight to go down without ever losing his own pride.

If you look at Bellamy's internal dialogue v.s. his spoken words you can even swap around doflamingo/luffy's name, he clearly exclaims to have respect for Dofla and wanting to see this fight through because of that, but near the end of the fight (especially his internal dialogue) makes it more and more apparent that he wants to go down in this particular fight because he'd be beaten by the only person he respects: Luffy.

Added note: the original Luffy v.s. Bellamy was one of my favorite One Piece fights, so I'm just very happy to see how this battle really "rhymes" with that. /georgelucas

cw_sasuke

I really think Bellamy could join the crew now. I really do.

No, not at all - there are like 20 more characters that have more chances to join the crew. Jinbei is coming anyway and after this arc the Strawhats will have made a couple Alliances for future bigger battles...no need to expand the core crew as much anymore.

@Neoriceisgood
Totally agree - great summary.

Grexeno

No, not at all - there are like 20 more characters that have more chances to join the crew. Jinbei is coming anyway and after this arc the Strawhats will have made a couple Alliances for future bigger battles...no need to expand the core crew as much anymore.

@Neoriceisgood
Totally agree - great summary.
There is no way that the Straw Hats CONSTANTLY run around with a massive alliance, dude.

cw_sasuke

There is no way that the Straw Hats CONSTANTLY run around with a massive alliance, dude.

Thats not what i wrote...read it again :)

You know like the bigger battles against Marines/World Government.

Chariot

Yeah, I think Ruffy could be similiar to the Whitebeard Crew with actually a lot of individual crews that not necessary accompany them directly. Or he starts a crew franchise like Domingo.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Awesome callback to Jaya with that fight.
As Neorice put it, the contrast is huge, where this time Bellamy knew he was outmatched but his pride wouldn't let him accept backing down.

"We still have Mansherry" Poor dumb Trebol.

And now, tons of fangirls in Japan will spend the next two weeks worrying from that cliffhanger.

Viola would've said something if Law was dead, though seriously, the guy has been beaten, kicked, held down with gravity, shot, dismembered... And still resists, it's been too much.

daveo42

Banned
Nice chapter, even if that tease won't really lead anywhere. Loved the motivation for Zoro and the showdown between Bellamy and Luffy.

@Neoriceisgood Spot on with that summary. Since Bellamy showed back up, we were aware a moment like this might happen, and it worked out better than even I expected.

I really think Bellamy could join the crew now. I really do.

No way. Definitely not happening. I bet my avatar on it.

Like cw_sasuke said, there's not much reason to expand the crew now, but if anyone does join, there are a whole bunch of more likely characters. Imo, the character that's most likely to join next is Bartolomeo, but even that is a big maybe seeing how he wouldn't add much and also has his own crew (somewhere in Dressrosa? We've only seen one of his crew members throughout the whole arc).

No way. Definitely not happening. I bet my avatar on it.

Like cw_sasuke said, there's not much reason to expand the crew now, but if anyone does join, there are a whole bunch of more likely characters. Imo, the character that's most likely to join next is Bartolomeo, but even that is a big maybe seeing how he wouldn't add much and also has his own crew (somewhere in Dressrosa? We've only seen one of his crew members throughout the whole arc).
Yeah, Bartolomeo is a perfect Starhat affiliate. Not sure Oda should really add anymore permanent members to the crew as everyone already has there own unique input and story. Nice mixture of strong/weak characters and all come from different backgrounds. My other favorite character besides Barth is Boa, but I don't think she would be as funny if she actually joins the Strawhats. That humor is perfect for her just showing up every once and while and beating the crap out of someone then turning into a silly girl with a crush all over again after being with Luffy for a few seconds. I think Strawhats feel complete.

Also, I know no one dies in One Piece, but isn't it possible Luffy just killed Bellamy?

No way he killed him. He'll be skulking in the shadows when everybody gives the traditional teary waving them goodbye moment and smiling about how he truly respects Luffy before walking away to go get his crew back/get a new crew.

I'd bet money on that being what happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom