• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT| ZEHAHAHAHA! The Name of this Age is Blackbeard!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bet Luffy's next technique involves molding/pulling two extra sets of arms from his gut because that's how he'd interpret Asura and he probably thinks that shit's cool as hell

Just remembered, since I started re-watching the anime, that when we cut back to Sanji and Crew, they will probably be chillin' with Big Mama since they saved her daughter during Thriller Bark. They have her Vivre card and everything. So maybe the Straw Hats will get a breather after Don Flamingo is put down.
I think they'll be held hostage at Zo.
Which is just about the perfect excuse to mobilize a fleet...

I agree with this, I'm pretty sure Teach is the strongest character in the manga and closest to the pirate king title.

Eh I don't know. I think we haven't seen Dragon's power, and I think Shank's will be at least on similar footing to BB. Can't wait to see his re-reveal though.

Lunar15

Doflamingo is going to catch luffy in some type of spider-web/net, and it'll look like it's all over, but then Luffy will use the fact that he's tangled in all of doflamingo's strings to coil up his body and pull them all towards himself, including doflamingo, who he'll destroy by using a flaming version of the gomu gomu no kane (headbutt).

More generally guessing: It's going to revolve around Luffy pulling or tangling up Doflamingo's strings in order to get one clear shot with a really big attack. This is really symbolic of the whole situation. Doflamingo is a puppet master, luffy is motherfucking tired of all these strings.

Kworn

Banned
Guys a few thoughts here:

I think Kaido is going to be the one to kill Dofo. He will turn up and ruin some shit kill Doffy and everyone will scatter the island.

Also off topic:

Anyone think that red haired Shanks has a time minipulation devil fruit

Kworn

Banned
couldn't he place all of his organs somewhere before fighting doflamingo? those gunshots aren't going to do anything other than make him bleed out. if he dies then he will end up giving luffy immortality before he goes.

...and this

Law has hidden his organs all somewhere. He just has puncture wounds and no arm. Thats no killer.

Luffy will turn into a giant rubber band then God Usopp will show up to perform the powerful combo, "God Usopp+Luffy Rubber Band of Doom".

Wat.

Guys a few thoughts here:

I think Kaido is going to be the one to kill Dofo. He will turn up and ruin some shit kill Doffy and everyone will scatter the island.

Also off topic:

Anyone think that red haired Shanks has a time minipulation devil fruit

Kaido would need a good reason. And no, I doubt Shanks would get a devil fruit.

jbug617

Banned
Post save luffy from the sea monster?

Or one of his crew mates has it. How else did they get there so fast to marineford while diverting fighting kaido?

Apparently One Piece Pirate Warriors 3
Shanks has a time stopping move.
Don't know how closely the game follows the manga.

Lunar15

I could see a situation where Kaido shows up after Doflamingo is #rekt , however Big Mom also shows up with the rest of Luffy's crew and it causes Kaido to back down for the time being.

Apparently One Piece Pirate Warriors 3
Shanks has a time stopping move.
Don't know how closely the game follows the manga.

Pirate Warriors 3 follows the manga very carefully. All of the Straw Hats moves, for instance, are canon. Shanks is a bit of an oddball in that series, along with Sabo, in the sense that they are playable characters who haven't really been seen fighting much in the manga, so I'd take it with a grain of salt. For the record, this is not the first time Shanks has been playable in a video game.

Well for one he floats in water circa opening chapters era so thats a fairly big sign.

However we haven't seen him in water after all this years, tbh. Still, i'm quite sure he is the "normal" Yonkou, kinda proves that you don't need some crazy power to be an important pirate, you need just a huge will and an amazing crew.

robox

Gol D. Roger didn't have DF powers either.
Nor did he have a fleet.
Nor did he have any special weapons.

That is the true Pirate King.

These things make me believe it's possible for Luffy to reach there. the Gum Gum fruit isn't anything special compared to some of the innately more powerful abilities. and i don' think Luffy would ever command a fleet of his own accord. If allies would follow him, Luffy wouldn't be giving commands either. just jumping head first into battle and everybody else just follows the lead doing whatever.

Squishy3

These things make me believe it's possible for Luffy to reach there. the Gum Gum fruit isn't anything special compared to some of the innately more powerful abilities. and i don' think Luffy would ever command a fleet of his own accord. If allies would follow him, Luffy wouldn't be giving commands either. just jumping head first into battle and everybody else just follows the lead doing whatever.
I mean this is even what's happening in Dressrosa and since I'm watching the anime I forgot all of that with all the colosseum fighters following him saying they want to defeat Doffy to pay back Usopp and Luffy is like "NO HIS ASS IS MINE TO KICK"

Everything planned in Dressrosa was Law's idea (and the only ones who even specifically accomplished their goals were Franky and Usopp) while everyone else is just winging it.

Squishy3

Wasn't Usopp on team trade Caesar so didn't he actually fail his mission?
Well Doffy didn't keep up his end of the bargain (retiring as Warlord) so they were never going to give him Caesar because of that. (On top of CP0 now being on the island.) Which, now that I think about it, CP0 is probably there to ensure Doffy doesn't spill whatever secret about the WG he knows. They'd surely have been briefed on the matter at Mariejois.

But Usopp joined up with the revolutionary army, completed operation SOP, and then outdid himself by knocking Sugar out again and developing observation haki.

God Usopp indeed.

Dugna

Wasn't Usopp on team trade Caesar so didn't he actually fail his mission?

Once they got to green bit and the Caesar trading deal was off, their current missions started. Usopp passed his and so did franky and those are technically the only jobs besides finding mansherry and defeating doffy.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Been watching the anime recently (still 30 something episodes behind) and not only is it a good way to relax before ending the night but it does remind me of various bits that happened earlier in the arc and expands upon them nicely.

I'm pretty sure Oda will keep Shanks powerless.

Oda has stressed just how strong Shank's will and haki are(divided the sea and sky along with Whitebeard) and how great of a swordsman he was since he fought Mihwak to stalemates. When he lost his arm, he didn't even get weaker in his own words. Giving him a Devil Fruit would most likely cheapen that part of his character

That's probably my favorite last-page staredown since Luffy vs. Usopp.

Looks like it'll be Luffy vs. Doflamingo from here on out; Law and Trebol will just be on the sidelines.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
Didn't use haki too...lol

Break again next week. Sigh.

dammit

At least we now have a weakened Dofffy to make the fight more equal. I pretty sure keep his insides working is going to severely limit the things he is able to do. Also did he just do a bellamy move for a second?

ffdgh

So law has evened the playing field a bit. Gotta love how luffy stopped Doffy's foot with his foot.

Didn't use haki too...lol

Break again next week. Sigh.

vader.jpg

Not again...not now.

J

Jpop

Unconfirmed Member
D'aw, really? Didn't we just have one?

Yup...

I'm pretty sure his editors force mandatory breaks on him every few chapters since he overworks himself and it is bad for his health.

Now if only they could force Togashi to actually finish HxH before I have kids and they are in college.

J

Jpop

Unconfirmed Member
Surely the strings which hold his organs together will rip after some time in the fight and this is how luffy can beat him

I mean you saw those strings cutting through pretty much everything like it was butter right?

Is there a speed Haki, Luffy just popped right in front of Doffy or is this something he can do without his gear second. Also, finally the Luffy one on one finale.

J

Jpop

Unconfirmed Member
Is there a speed Haki, Luffy just popped right in front of Doffy or is this something he can do without his gear second. Also, finally the Luffy one on one finale.

It's Soru, remember the thing all the CP9 guys used?

It's kind of weird how Dressrosas geography is portrayed. There are multiple towns and stuff in Dressrosa, but when Oda shows overview images and in certain conversations it kind of sounds as though it's just one big city.

Nor did he have a fleet.

We know that he didn't have devil fruit, but where did you hear the other stuff?

Geez Trebol was easily kicked away by Luffy.

Yeah; too easily considering it was just a regular kick and Trebol is supposed to be kind of strong.

Metal B

Love the last page, classic Luffy in serous mode. =)

Nor did he have a fleet.

It is many time stated, that DF alone do not make somebody extreme powerful. Many DF user through history got killed, because they thought the DF-power alone would give them the upper hand. The best DF-Users actually trained with there power, use them in a creative way or to extend there normal abilities. They are just tools like a sword, a gun or something else (only really fun). Characters like Zorro, Sanji, Mihark, Shanks, Garp and many other show, that you don't really need them. Luffy would be at the same place right now, even without his DF, it would just be a different story and he needed to fight differently (It also would make him less interesting, because he would just become another version of Garp.).

The other point were never brought up. Luffy needs a fleet, if he wants to continue have his interested be secured. He made Fishman Island his territory, but this would be a useless pact, if he can't defend it from threads. So if Luffy doesn't want to constantly go back and protect it, he has to send another fleet in his name to deal with its problems.
Especially if Luffy becomes the most wanted person in the world, the world government will start to destroy any contentions with him. Many kingdom and friends, which Luffy helped, will be in great danger. He can't be everywhere at the same time and needs support.

Luffy's fleet will be important to have him continue on his journey. So i goes for this reason alone, Oda will have him build one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom