• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT| ZEHAHAHAHA! The Name of this Age is Blackbeard!

Status
Not open for further replies.

giphy.gif

Big One

Banned
I don't think Roger is anymore a relative to Luffy than Saul is. He's a "D" but I don't think it's anything that directly connects the two like father-son. Maybe he's an uncle, who knows. Shanks was the original person who got the hat anyway and as far as we know he isn't a "D"...well, Oda might reveal otherwise, but whatever.

Speaking of really looking forward to Pirate Warriors 3.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
The most I'll believe is that Crocodile was a girl at one point.
Actually being a mother is a load of crap.

But I don't know, Ivankov could be referring to something else entirely.

I'm surprised so many here believe in the "Crocodile was a woman" theory, even claiming it to be likely. The big thing is that Ivankov knows a big secret of Crocodile, and really it could be anything. I'm definitely taking this theory with a grain of salt, but I mean it is a possibility, sure.

I wouldn't be surprised if we get a Crocodile flashback in a few years time and everyone will be like, damn.

The issue with that theory is that Doflamingo has a really powerful observation haki, no? So it doesn't make sense.

Observation haki only enhances existing senses that are highly developed so it does make sense. Enel had the strongest observation haki because his devil fruit gave him the ability to detect electro magnetism. Usopp is a great sniper so can see well concealed things really far away with haki.

I don't think Roger is anymore a relative to Luffy than Saul is. He's a "D" but I don't think it's anything that directly connects the two like father-son. Maybe he's an uncle, who knows. Shanks was the original person who got the hat anyway and as far as we know he isn't a "D"...well, Oda might reveal otherwise, but whatever.

Speaking of really looking forward to Pirate Warriors 3.

The gameplay videos look amazing, i'm tempted to get the game.

Found this guy's channel on youtube with One Piece theories.

Many of them are nonsense, but some are really interesting (besides from the classic speculation and the most known ones). Laffite being a Siren Mythical Zoan for example.

BB having the cerberus devil fruit always leads into that moment in jaya where Zoro mentions "It's them" (as in, more than 1 person) in reference to Teach, but i always took it as a "there's more people on this world that hold that belief" (could even be referencing themselves), not that BB was more than one "person".

BB having the cerberus devil fruit always leads into that moment in jaya where Zoro mentions "It's them" (as in, more than 1 person) in reference to Teach, but i always took it as a "there's more people on this world that hold that belief" (could even be referencing themselves), not that BB was more than one "person".

Yeah, this is a very old and well discussed theory. "It's them" most likely refers to his whole crew (i.e. Nami didn't realize that some of the strange people they met were Blackbeards crew members), but sure enough it could mean that Blackbeard has a Cereberus fruit, however in that case Luffy and Zoro probably would have said something more about it. It would be very strange if they just casually mentioned it with no details whatsoever considering the events that follow.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Yeah, this is a very old and well discussed theory. "It's them" most likely refers to his whole crew (i.e. Nami didn't realize that some of the strange people they met were Blackbeards crew members), but sure enough it could mean that Blackbeard has a Cereberus fruit, however in that case Luffy and Zoro probably would have said something more about it. It would be very strange if they just casually mentioned it with no details whatsoever considering the events that follow.

It could also mean he's got multiple personalities, which I think makes a bit more sense than a Cerberus fruit.

Pretty sure it was heavily implied right after he got WBs fruit that the reason Blackbeard could use two DFs was something unique about his body, which I'd think rules out the idea that it could be related to another DF he has. Personally think BB has a parasitic twin or something like that

BatDan

Anyone else think that Issho's Gravity-based fruit is attached to the sword and not him?

Man God

Non-Canon Member
He was really insistent about getting that particular devil fruit power. Really, really insistent.

I still think with the way it was presented as a magic trick though that some flim flammery was involved.

Lunar15

Because Iva mentioned that Crocodile has a secret, everyone seems to think that he was a different gender. However, I think his secret is more related to where he was born or who he really is, like a Celestial Dragon or something.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Because Iva mentioned that Crocodile has a secret, everyone seems to think that he was a different gender. However, I think his secret is more related to where he was born or who he really is, like a Celestial Dragon or something.

If anything Croc would use that to his advantage, like Donflamingo. He's not the type of guy to leave a card on the table.

Pretty sure it was heavily implied right after he got WBs fruit that the reason Blackbeard could use two DFs was something unique about his body, which I'd think rules out the idea that it could be related to another DF he has. Personally think BB has a parasitic twin or something like that

Yeah, that was the dumbest thing. I can't remember who said it; it might have been Marco, but he said something like "oh, as we know, Blackbeard has a strange body structure". As if his body is abnormal in the world of One Piece, where so many character have weird bodies.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
...why bother becoming a warlord when you're immune to prosecution? No need to become a pirate when you can just order the marines around. Mingo just does that shit because he isn't a Celestial Dragon anymore.

Dugna

Wouldn't the Yami Yami no mi just be able to negate all bad effects of any devil fruit that's with it? I mean it's able to make devil fruit useless, he could just be using that.

Squishy3

...why bother becoming a warlord when you're immune to prosecution? No need to become a pirate when you can just order the marines around. Mingo just does that shit because he isn't a Celestial Dragon anymore.
Probably because being a Warlord ensures no intervention from any of the other islands or pirates, since only idiots like Luffy would dare to cross one.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Probably because being a Warlord ensures no intervention from any of the other islands or pirates, since only idiots like Luffy would dare to cross one.

Being a Celestial Dragon does the same thing, except more because attacking a Warlord doesn't result in an Admiral coming after you. Only people as dumb as Luffy ever fuck with Celestial Dragons, not even other nations dare fuck with them. They do what they want and fear no one, because no one has any power over them.

Doflamingo's choice to become a Shichibukai could be either

• To be close to the world government
  • To have a more "public" position while keeping his world noble privileges under wraps
  • To make sure his allies can act with impunity (remember Caesar's pardon?)
  • Doflamingo just wants as much power as possible and being a Yonkou would be impossible for him considering how connected he is to the world government

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Doflamingo's choice to become a Shichibukai could be either

• To be close to the world government
  • To have a more "public" position while keeping his world noble privileges under wraps
  • To make sure his allies can act with impunity (remember Caesar's pardon?)
  • Doflamingo just wants as much power as possible and being a Yonkou would be impossible for him considering how connected he is to the world government

Don't forget that Donfla's family revoked their title, so while he's a noble he's had none of the protections until he discovered whatever it is he's holding over the government.

Lunar15

I didn't mean that Crocodile is a World Noble, just that maybe he was at some point, like doflamingo, or that he's just connected to some really embarrassing family. Or maybe he's another one of Dragon's sons or something. Highly doubt it, but Iva would know it.

Don't forget that Donfla's family revoked their title, so while he's a noble he's had none of the protections until he discovered whatever it is he's holding over the government.

I believe he knows the location of their national treasure and he's using that to blackmail them

I didn't mean that Crocodile is a World Noble, just that maybe he was at some point, like doflamingo, or that he's just connected to some really embarrassing family. Or maybe he's another one of Dragon's sons or something. Highly doubt it, but Iva would know it.

All we really know of crocodile's past is that he wanted to be pirate king, got disillusioned after reaching the grand line, and at some point lost to whitebeard

Seriously, all these "crocodile has significance" ideas are just too out there. He's not related to Luffy, odds are he's just gay or likes drag or something and Iva has that to lord over him. All we know is that he lost his entire crew in the grand line and it broke him. Do I think we'll see more of him as a Straw Hat ally? Probably. But I doubt he has any special significance other than being part of the greatest moment (IMO) in OP history.

BatDan

I was thinking... there's another Doflamingo thing that needs to be addressed.
Before getting knocked out (because I doubt she was truly killed), Monet said that she wants Doffy to achieve his dream of King of the Pirates.
Nobody else in his crew seems to have mentioned that. I'm wondering what that was about.

I was thinking... there's another Doflamingo thing that needs to be addressed.
Before getting knocked out (because I doubt she was truly killed), Monet said that she wants Doffy to achieve his dream of King of the Pirates.
Nobody else in his crew seems to have mentioned that. I'm wondering what that was about.

Well if he wanted to be the king of pirates, he probably shouldn't have settled down, become king a nation and just stay there. To me it never looked like he was interested in becoming the king of pirates.

Also, Monet is dead. Stabbed right through the heart.

Seriously, all these "crocodile has significance" ideas are just too out there. He's not related to Luffy, odds are he's just gay or likes drag or something and Iva has that to lord over him. All we know is that he lost his entire crew in the grand line and it broke him. Do I think we'll see more of him as a Straw Hat ally? Probably. But I doubt he has any special significance other than being part of the greatest moment (IMO) in OP history.

That's Moriah, not Croc

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
The reason he was so ashamed/blushing/whatever when Iva brought it up was because he was probably a chick before. That would ruin his street cred. Plus check out his flowing locks. He probably hated whitebeard because he broke her heart. Lol.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
The reason he was so ashamed/blushing/whatever when Iva brought it up was because he was probably a chick before. That would ruin his street cred. Plus check out his flowing locks. He probably hated whitebeard because he broke her heart. Lol.

That would be fucking amazing :lol

lol at the whole Crocodile/woman theory.... it could be plausible but Oda could tweak some stuff here and there to have this idea not come into fruition

The only theory I am sticking my guns to is the whole Tashigi and KUINA being the same person theory

I mean come one dying by a simple trip don't the stairs seem very silly for the whole OP universe

plus her father didn't look overly depressed

about her losing her memory though..... maybe her Father somehow erased it before sending her off to the marines

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
lol at the whole Crocodile/woman theory.... it could be plausible but Oda could tweak some stuff here and there to have this idea not come into fruition

The only theory I am sticking my guns to is the whole Tashigi and KUINA being the same person theory

I mean come one dying by a simple trip don't the stairs seem very silly for the whole OP universe

plus her father didn't look overly depressed

about her losing her memory though..... maybe her Father somehow erased it before sending her off to the marines

Could be she fell down the stairs, lost her memory and her dad took it as an opportunity to try and give her a life where she wouldn't be a swordsman, only it never took and she wound up on that path again anyway.

Could be she fell down the stairs, lost her memory and her dad took it as an opportunity to try and give her a life where she wouldn't be a swordsman, only it never took and she wound up on that path again anyway.

could be but that wouldn't explain how she ended up with the marines

Her father was involved with her ending up there but for what reason? who knows

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom