• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT| ZEHAHAHAHA! The Name of this Age is Blackbeard!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
I've never even heard of it. What connection does he have to One Piece?

Absolutely none.
It's actually a series of novels that's received manga and anime adaptations.
It's about people trapped inside an MMORPG. Like Sword Art Online, but actually good and with none of the pandering garbage or Marty Stu annoyances.

I imagine the author (Mamare Tonuo) will be fine. Tax evasion doesn't seem to be a career ending crime.

Arabesque

I imagine the author (Mamare Tonuo) will be fine. Tax evasion doesn't seem to be a career ending crime.

There is surprisingly very few things that can be career ending for mangaka/LN authors it seems. Shimabukuro got arrested and nearly went to jail for prostituting a 16 year old and yet he came back to do a popular Jump manga, Hata Kenjiro nearly got sued by Konami and yet he continued to write and draw for 10 years since. Mamare Tonuo is probably going to be fine, but the odds of a new anime season are close to nil now (esp. when the old seasons where government funded lol).

I sometimes wonder what will happen if Oda does do something illegal, what would Shueisha do in that case.

Arabesque

IIRC, he has an additional editor in charge of his merchandise and finance management because of how huge his income from the manga is.

demidar

There is surprisingly very few things that can be career ending for mangaka/LN authors it seems. Shimabukuro got arrested and nearly went to jail for prostituting a 16 year old and yet he came back to do a popular Jump manga, Hata Kenjiro nearly got sued by Konami and yet he continued to write and draw for 10 years since. Mamare Tonuo is probably going to be fine, but the odds of a new anime season are close to nil now (esp. when the old seasons where government funded lol).

I sometimes wonder what will happen if Oda does do something illegal, what would Shueisha do in that case.

Oda could commit murder and he would still walk with an official pardon from the Prime Minister or something.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
HxH is worth getting invested in.

I'd do the anime instead of the manga though because the heartbreak of an anime ending is much less than knowing that the author is just dicking around playing DQ X and cashing his wife's sailor moon royalty checks.

I still don't get why Bloodborne of all things is getting people into Berserk. Demon Souls? Yep. Dark Souls 1? Sure. Bloodborne? Ummm, I just don't see it.

Tks guys, I'll just get with that anime then on HxH and maybe check out D. gray. Berserk looks a little too crazy. I like BB, but its different killing monsters and stuff than reading about it and getting engrossed in the world.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
HxH is fine, and has a couple neat bits, but also a huge amount of mind-bogglingly wordy and irrelevant bits that explode the pacing. It's a mixed bag all around, definitely overrated on GAF. Still not bad to check out tho.

Syntsui

HxH is among the best ever made, with Rurouni Kenshin, yu yu Hakusho, One Piece and DB. The hiatus just kills the hype, I wouldn't recommend to watch/read it until it ends (in 10 years, being optimistic).

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
HxH is fine, and has a couple neat bits, but also a huge amount of mind-bogglingly wordy and irrelevant bits that explode the pacing. It's a mixed bag all around, definitely overrated on GAF. Still not bad to check out tho.

You need to have kind of bad taste to think this!

Harmen

Or did he lose the eye?

Maybe he is hiding it, as it is a demon eye that saps his energy.

He lost his eye and replaced it with an ocular prosthesis that has a DF.

I do not like demon eye power crap anymore (and blame naruto), but I could live with something like that. Though I prefer Zoro being a straight up swordsman trough human skills.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Here's a clarification on the "three weeks off" nonsense.

This week is the week off.
Next week is the Double Issue, One Piece will be back with a color spread and a Jump cover.
Two weeks there's no Jump period because of Goldenweek.
Three weeks everything is back to normal.

Welfare

Next week is the Double Issue, One Piece will be back with a color spread and a Jump cover.

Showing off that Gear 4 goodness?

He lost his eye and replaced it with an ocular prosthesis that has a DF.

I do not like demon eye power crap anymore (and blame naruto), but I could live with something like that. Though I prefer Zoro being a straight up swordsman trough human skills.
what about Zoro limiting himself on purpose and only using both eyes with "worthy" opponents?

cool....I'm good with that and catching up with the manga and re-reading stuff. We'll have Gear 4 goodness to drool over for two weeks, speculation on where the crew will go next, Doffy's fate, and the return of Sanji. This week is just brutal though, really really want to see what Luffy is going to pull out.

Tks for the clarification.

Squishy3

I would die if Luffy just beats Doffy in one exchange upon entering Gear 4 like he did Blueno when he first demonstrated Gear 2. Not going to happen probably, since we'll need the inevitable explanation of how it works as he fights Doffy, but I'd be legit shook if it did.

Welfare

I would die if Luffy just beats Doffy in one exchange upon entering Gear 4 like he did Blueno when he first demonstrated Gear 2. Not going to happen probably, since we'll need the inevitable explanation of how it works as he fights Doffy, but I'd be legit shook if it did.

If Gear 4 can't roflstomp Doflamingo, Luffy should just go back to training. He's going to have to fight opponents way stronger than Dofla, so he can't have such a hard time after everything that has happened to Dofla damage wise so far.

Having Gear 2 and 3 basically let Luffy survive against Lucci. I'd imagine it will be a similar situation here, although Dof already has pre-existing injuries

smurfx

get some go again
i would be so pissed if luffy easily defeated doflamingo. we've had 2 arcs building up to the fight and it would be ruined if luffy easily beat him. i expect luffy to get the upper hand and beat up on doflamingo for a chapter or two but doflamingo will counter with his final and strongest ability. i think doflamingo's final ability will be something similar to pitou's terpsichora.

Magwik

Banned
Doffy got hit with Law's nerf knife and still can easily fuck up Luffy
Gear 4 will probably put Luffy slightly under Doffy
Sabo will come and help Luffy fuck shit up
Sabo takes the win while Luffy saves Law

Jigolo

I'm actually on the side that thinks Luffy in Gear 4 will beat Doffy pretty quickly due to the damage he's taken.

Jigolo

You can't make the Doflamingo fight anti-climatic by having Luffy beat him quickly.

On the contrary a one punch finish would be exciting as fuck. Just have the right face to match the mood

mqdefault.jpg

Grexeno

On the contrary a one punch finish would be exciting as fuck. Just have the right face to match the mood

mqdefault.jpg
The entire Jaya arc was leading up to that fight ending in specifically that way.

There is now way Dressrosa ends with something like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom