• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT| ZEHAHAHAHA! The Name of this Age is Blackbeard!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I kind of think the reason he covered up whitebeard was to make it look like he "took" it or orchestrated some kind of shenanigans, but all he really did was eat an apple he had in his pocket. Whitebeard's powers went right into it when Blackbeard killed him, ala Smiley. We have clear evidence that the fruit respawns the instant the previous owner dies.
I think there's more to it than that. The WG has Vegapunk, so they definitely should know about how the DF transfer works, moreso than BB anyways. I think the reason they hid it is to hide whatever aspect of BB's body actually allowed him to survive having 2 DFs. Part of why I think parasite twin thing might be plausible, since that could easily be something BB wants to keep secret, and it might've been impossible to hide while eating the second devil fruit if he wasn't covered

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
I think there's more to it than that. The WG has Vegapunk, so they definitely should know about how the DF transfer works, moreso than BB anyways. I think the reason they hid it is to hide whatever aspect of BB's body actually allowed him to survive having 2 DFs. Part of why I think parasite twin thing might be plausible, since that could easily be something BB wants to keep secret, and it might've been impossible to hide while eating the second devil fruit if he wasn't covered

Sure, the act of him eating the apple was probably more complicated than that, since it was indeed his second fruit. But in terms of extracting the power from whitebeard, "taking it from a dead human," I don't think anything of note actually happened there. Based on Smiley, the transfer to the new fruit should have been complete before he even threw up the sheet.

It does make me wonder, who was carrying the fruit during the Paramount War that suddenly became the Mera Mera no Mi? And how the heck did Doflamingo get it? I wonder if we'll ever find out.

Sure, the act of him eating the apple was probably more complicated than that, since it was indeed his second fruit. But in terms of extracting the power from whitebeard, "taking it from a dead human," I don't think anything of note actually happened there. The transfer to the new fruit should have been complete before he even threw up the sheet.

Well I agree on that, Although I do wonder what the exact mechanism for transfer is. It'd be interesting if Blackbeard was gambling on whether he'd even get the power into the fruit he wanted in the first place (I also think it'd fit his character). If there was some randomness in the transfer, it'd also help explain how Ace's fruit got released into the wild, rather than being taken up by BB's crew or the marines

Perhaps Doflamingo himself.

It's possible, but it seemed like Doflamingo only just got his hands on the fruit right before this arc. Though it might be that he had the fruit, but entrusted it to someone else to hold onto until Trebol brought it back to them for this arc.

It amounts to the same thing ultimately. It's pretty clear that whatever the reason BB can have 2 powers, it's something intrinsic to him given Marco said it was because of something unique about his body (which pretty much rules out the idea that it's because of another DF power). I'm still going with the parasitic twin theory, or something along those lines

Not going to argue for or against any theory (they all seem possible to me), but keep in mind that Marco could be wrong. What does he know, anyway.

It does make me wonder, who was carrying the fruit during the Paramount War that suddenly became the Mera Mera no Mi? And how the heck did Doflamingo get it? I wonder if we'll ever find out.

What do you mean?

Not going to argue for or against any theory (they all seem possible to me), but keep in mind that Marco could be wrong. What does he know, anyway.

What do you mean?

Another thing to consider is that even Blackbeard and his men weren't entirely sure whether or not it would work. While this might just be because getting the DF to go to the right fruit wasn't certain, given that Shiliew mentions going their seperate ways if it fails, it seems more likely that it's about gaining both powers (since in that case, failing means Blackbeard's death, which would mean they no longer would have a captain). That also rules out the dumb cerberus DF idea, since they would know that would succeed since it would've done so before for the darkness fruit

It's possible, but it seemed like Doflamingo only just got his hands on the fruit right before this arc. Though it might be that he had the fruit, but entrusted it to someone else to hold onto until Trebol brought it back to them for this arc.

Isn't it that when a DF user dies, their fruit re-grows or "re-appears"? It would be interesting to see whether Doffy planned that Luffy would eventually face him, the Mera Mera is pretty damn powerful so you'd think he'd want to use it right away with one of his family members.

Isn't it that when a DF user dies, their fruit re-grows or "re-appears"? It would be interesting to see whether Doffy planned that Luffy would eventually face him, the Mera Mera is pretty damn powerful so you'd think he'd want to use it right away with one of his family members.
I think that's definitely possible, given that Dofla has said multiple times this arc that he's been keeping his eye on Luffy, especially after marineford

Another thing to consider is that even Blackbeard and his men weren't entirely sure whether or not it would work. While this might just be because getting the DF to go to the right fruit wasn't certain, given that Shiliew mentions going their seperate ways if it fails, it seems more likely that it's about gaining both powers (since in that case, failing means Blackbeard's death, which would mean they no longer would have a captain). That also rules out the dumb cerberus DF idea, since they would know that would succeed since it would've done so before for the darkness fruit

That's a good point for sure.

Yeah, some time after the user dies, the devil fruit regrows somewhere in the world.

Majukun

for what?
he already had all the power and money he needed

Majukun

And yet here we are.

dofla took it easy during these last years,law already said so.
also..it' not like any of the top executives would have been able to use it...there's lao g,dellinger and maybe machvise until we have confirmation he has a fruit,the rest all have a fruit already

Grexeno

Watch the entire chapter be people running from Birdcage/dealing with Birdcage and there's like one page of Luffy vs. Doflamingo.

Watch the entire chapter be people running from Birdcage/dealing with Birdcage and there's like one page of Luffy vs. Doflamingo.

Classic Hajime no Ippo - Announce a new move or strategy, spend the entire following chapter with other characters talking about this new move and it's implications, end chapter in the exact same spot as the previous chapter with the new move still not reveled

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
Classic Hajime no Ippo - Announce a new move or strategy, spend the entire following chapter with other characters talking about this new move and it's implications, end chapter in the exact same spot as the previous chapter with the new move still not reveled
At least it's a double chapter, so we maybe avoid that.

Well, when a devil fruit user dies, a regular fruit nearby inherits the ability. So when Ace died, some fruit near or on the battlefield became the Mera Mera no Mi. I'm wonderin how it ended up in Doffy's hands.

Hmm, do you have a source on this? As far as I know, the fruit reappears anywhere in the world. I've never heard that it would reappear nearby on like the same island. I also never heard that it was just a regular fruit that inherits it.

Grexeno

Hmm, do you have a source on this? As far as I know, the fruit reappears anywhere in the world. I've never heard that it would reappear nearby on like the same island. I also never heard that it was just a regular fruit that inherits it.
We saw a regular fruit gain Devil Fruit qualities after Smiley died.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!

We saw a regular fruit gain Devil Fruit qualities after Smiley died.

Yep what Grexeno said. When Smiley was in his death throes they showed a bag of apples sitting right near him on a sled. Zoomed in panel by panel, showed one of the apples gain the devil fruit swirls.

Majukun

Well, when a devil fruit user dies, a regular fruit nearby inherits the ability. So when Ace died, some fruit near or on the battlefield became the Mera Mera no Mi. I'm wonderin how it ended up in Doffy's hands.

also,probably it has to be a specific fruit,since we know that fruits maintan their look through the ages,since blackbeard was able to recognize the yami-yami at first glance.

Bravoexo

The Marine's must have had stores of fruits lying around marine ford during the war of the best, then? And I would think Donflamingo's price for "terminating" his fellow Shichibukai would be the Mera Mera fruit? (prior arrangement, perhaps?)

Grexeno

Doflamingo knew Ace was going to die, along with most likely a ton of other Devil Fruit users. Literally just carry around an apple and BAM, Mera Mera no Mi.

Majukun

Doflamingo knew Ace was going to die, along with most likely a ton of other Devil Fruit users. Literally just carry around an apple and BAM, Mera Mera no Mi.

it probably has to be a specific fruit since fruit's appereance doesn't change through the ages...so not just some apple
also..doflamingo has so much power and connection that he could acquire the fruit just by chance

Whoa wait. How did we decide that random fruit in the world just become devil fruit when a user dies. I though they regrew somewhere randomly in the world when a user died. How would he ensure some fruit in his pocket would become a devil fruit and not some fruit across the world somewhere.

The smiles are totally different. They created a way to create cheap random zoan fruits by exposing them to chemicals. I don't think that has anything to do with the process of a fruit growing again when a user dies. Didn't they have a little circle diagram in on of the recent chapters?

Majukun

Whoa wait. How did we decide that random fruit in the world just become devil fruit when a user dies. I though they regrew somewhere randomly in the world when a user died. How would he ensure some fruit in his pocket would become a devil fruit and not some fruit across the world somewhere.

The smiles are totally different. They created a way to create cheap random zoan fruits by exposing them to chemicals. I don't think that has anything to do with the process of a fruit growing again when a user dies. Didn't they have a little circle diagram in on of the recent chapters?

smiley's one was not a smile,it was a real fruit
smiles have dots instead of swirls

Yeah, I don't know. Maybe Tathanen is right but I'm not taking any of this as confirmed, personally. This seems to contradict some past events. I don't know how artificial fruits work entirely or what the fruit that Smileys fruit got absorbed into really was. Lots of assumptions being made from one single panel, I feel. Not saying anyone is wrong, just saying people sound like this is confirmed when there's quite little evidence.

Majukun

Yeah, I don't know. Maybe Tathanen is right but I'm not taking any of this as confirmed, personally. This seems to contradict some past events. I don't know how artificial fruits work entirely or what the fruit that Smileys fruit got absorbed into really was. Lots of assumptions being made from one single panel, I feel. Not saying anyone is wrong, just saying people sound like this is confirmed when there's quite little evidence.

what past events would that contradict?
we have barely saw any fruit user die in the past (actually,barely anyone died at all in onepiece)

Majukun

Who is smiley? The smile fruits at punk hazard had what I would call swirls. I think you actually see and apple become a smile.
this is Smiley
Smiley_Full_Body.png

and this is a smile

fQMtz3m.png

OONrjtT.png

ok then!

I still wasn't assuming Doffy guide the returned Meri Meri to his own hand. It sounded to me like we went out and found it, like Ace would have the first time. I do think he had it for some time and was holding it to eff with Luffy.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
ok then!

I still wasn't assuming Doffy guide the returned Meri Meri to his own hand. It sounded to me like we went out and found it, like Ace would have the first time. I do think he had it for some time and was holding it to eff with Luffy.

Given his mention of smiles when the human trafficking went to shit, he probably knew exactly where to look for it.

From the looks of how smile works, they feed Smiley a devil fruit then blow him up. From there they take his remains and take them to fertilize the trees with in the factory to grow fake ones.

Majukun

ok then!

it's still possible that he did found it through all his connection and just hold on it since he wasn't able to use it for himself or any of his biggest executives..you might never know when something like that can be useful...and since he has the money to spare and some more...

it's improbable that he took it just for luffy,since he didn't think he would cross swords with him

Majukun

Given his mention of smiles when the human trafficking went to shit, he probably knew exactly where to look for it.

From the looks of how smile works, they feed Smiley a devil fruit then blow him up. From there they take his remains and take them to fertilize the trees with in the factory to grow fake ones.

smiley was used to create shinokuni
what you are talking about is the SAD,that has nothing to do with it,and it's a chemical compound created by Caesar

the whole thing with the fruit was used by caesar because he needed the gas Smiley is made of to "eat" the necessary chemicals to turn into shinokuni..then he just put the appropriate fruit next to the beast so that he could recover the devil fruit and do the same process over and over

I kind of bummed out that chapter spoilers don't exist any more. Every singe 'spoiler' site and forum is speculation with SPOILERS in the title or worse they are all just click farming site. I used to enjoy reading the spoiler a day before and then seeing how my imagination of what I'm reading matched up.

Dartastic

I kind of bummed out that chapter spoilers don't exist any more. Every singe 'spoiler' site and forum is speculation with SPOILERS in the title or worse they are all just click farming site. I used to enjoy reading the spoiler a day before and then seeing how my imagination of what I'm reading matched up.
Yeah, that is kinda a bummer.

Spoilers still come, it's just that it's only a few hours before the chapter comes out. I know Arlong park Forums has been getting spoilers at around midnight in the US for a while

J

Jpop

Unconfirmed Member

They still exist they just get released right before the chapter comes out. Arlong Park still has their dedicated spoiler section, though it gets less use nowadays.

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
smiley was used to create shinokuni
what you are talking about is the SAD,that has nothing to do with it,and it's a chemical compound created by Caesar

the whole thing with the fruit was used by caesar because he needed the gas Smiley is made of to "eat" the necessary chemicals to turn into shinokuni..then he just put the appropriate fruit next to the beast so that he could recover the devil fruit and do the same process over and over

I wonder if what Blackbeard is doing is guessing or researching what kind of fruit a specific devil fruit is based off of (IE he had a book that told him what kind of fruit the Darkness fruit was, so he instantly recognizes it), carries it with him when they locate the user, kill the shit out of him/her, and they have the specific fruit on their person. It transforms and they gain +1 devil fruit.

Hmmmmmmmmmm.

Edit: I see this point was made last page. Lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom