• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT| ZEHAHAHAHA! The Name of this Age is Blackbeard!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MCD

KWQNpFo.jpg

You guys ready?

edit... hold up wait a minute

i'm holding off until I'm positive i'm not seeing bullshit

i'm pretty sure what I just saw is bullshit

EDIT... but real gear 4 is pretty insane looking, omg

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
I had to look. Holy shit.

Yeah, as someone said on reddit, it looks like
Luffy holds compressed air in his chest, then contracts his chest to shoot the air into his limb, helping it propel itself faster. A true combo of Gear 2nd and 3rd. And he ends up looking like Nightmare Luffy :eek:

Vecks: See spoilers

Nocebo

So gear 4 looks like
A combination of gear 2 and 3 and haki after all? The haki allows him to control the way his limbs move mid flight?

Move names:
猿王銃: King Kong gun and 大蛇砲: Serpent cannon but the katakana is written like calvary something? the rest is cut off

J

Jpop

Unconfirmed Member
So gear 4 looks like
A combination of gear 2 and 3 and haki after all? The haki allows him to control the way his limbs move mid flight?

Move names:
猿王銃: King Kong gun and 大蛇砲: Serpent cannon but the katakana is written like calvary something? the rest is cut off

It actually seems like it is more based of off the spring guys devilfruit ability

smurfx

get some go again
how many more chapters do you think the fight goes on?
well when heroes get new power ups they usually beat up the bad guy for a couple of chapters and then the bad guy reveals his final power up. i'm guessing the next chapter will end with doflamingo starting up his final move.

well when heroes get new power ups they usually beat up the bad guy for a couple of chapters and then the bad guy reveals his final power up. i'm guessing the next chapter will end with doflamingo starting up his final move.

yep i expect this fight to have at least 2 more chapters .

smurfx

get some go again
wonder what the finisher is for gear 4th. since this arc has some similarities with alabasta then maybe luffy ends up punching doflamingo into the birdcage and destroys it along with doflamingo.

just saw the full raw chapter.

it's
Blueno Beatdown 2.0.

and the explanation for Gear 4 is shockingly simple, and as usual is something few would have guessed outright

It's literally
Gear 3 except he blows air into his muscles. Instead of enhancing his hardness, he enhances his bounce, and uses haki to increase the rubber's tension. It's pretty rad.

J

Jpop

Unconfirmed Member
just saw the full raw chapter.

it's
Blueno Beatdown 2.0.

Yup, it definitely is. Can't wait for the translation.

Edit:

Yeah, its pretty great. I like the directional control he has over his stretched out parts now, as well as how he is storing tension and firing his punches off like cannons and accelerating his movement speed. Kinda like spring-dude

Nocebo

Simple no reason to use it , it's not like anybody luffy fight so far was giving him any trouble.
Is it really that simple? How long has he been fighting Doflamingo now? Some people got needlessly hurt from letting the fight drag on like that you know. Unless he was underestimating doflamingo all this time for some reason and thought he didn't have to use it. But there is probably some draw back.

Probably not. It will definitely have a weakness, like how G3 makes him tiny and G2 shortens his lifespan.

No need for spoiler tags for that .
G3 had not made him tiny in ages and i doubt G2 take off his life anymore since he does not do it full body like he use to .
Still i am sure we will still see him use his other gears .

J

Jpop

Unconfirmed Member
No need for spoiler tags for that .
G3 had not made him tiny in ages and i doubt G2 take off his life anymore since he does not do it full body like he use to .
Still i am sure we will still see him use his other gears .

He's only gone G3 once post time-skip right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom