• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT2| Four Emperors, One King, All Blue

Status
Not open for further replies.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Trunks just suffers from being on a show that doesn't care about anyone besides Goku and Vegeta.

We have Toriyama's forgetfulness and poor treatment of his supporting cast to thank for One Piece being the opposite. Oda straight up pays attention to detail because he was upset Dragon Ball didn't.

2 characters who has never had a silly face?
They definitely have! u r one of those h8tr sk8rs arent you

Jinbe's role in the story far outweighs his role on the ship. He's kind meta like Robin is as an archeologist. Readers seeing Jinbe's reaction to the world's race relations changing is a big deal. The topics of slavery and segregation matter most to him and the audience would get much more fulfillment from Jinbe's reaction to a different world much more so than any other Straw Hat.

He could end up as the helmsman, though it doesn't seem to be necessary, but he could easily end up like Zoro who is essentially labeled a fighter like Pekoms but as far as real jobs he could fit the frog man but in all likelihood I bet he ends up as the life guard. Him being given that title much like Usopp was given the title of sniper/gunner after he joined the crew.

Nothing at this point in the story has shown the crew lacking in any specific area anymore like back in the day. They pretty much have all their bases covered except for dealing with drowning. And no Sanji doesn't cover that entirely.

With him steering the ship to Marineford that could have been our first hint at his eventual title.

Jinbe is awesome you fiend! He's the big brute who constantly tries to fix everyone else problems but his own. He takes on everyone else's responsibilities and deserves to be a free(er) spirit aboard the Sunny.

We've got 2 straight men in the crew. 2 of 9! Him, Zoro and Robin will have great chemistry. He and Zoro have a few Japanese themes going in their dress and Robin finds him attractive, chemistry! Plus the straight men are always their most hilarious when paired with the fool. Just look at how Jinbe responded to Luffy's antics when they were together after the time skip, or look at Law. What makes Law great with the Straw Hats is that he is a generic bad boy who gets tangled up in the silliness. Same thing only Jinbe is anything but generic.

We just may get another lady Straw Hat yet and in relation to Jinbe joining it just maybe sooner rather than later if Oda's words about consecutive members are anything to go by.

Jinbe is awesome! When Aladdin recently asked him whats the plan, Jinbe probably responded with all kinds hilarious titles! I can just hear them now...
Good post. Jinbei was always my favourite, it's just been so long and Carrot...Pudding...fucking hell Oda stahp.

I love one piece gaf
Don't tell us what to do.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Anyone who watches the dub is a plebian weirdo.

smurfx

get some go again
do you think oda will show off wano with zoro and the others or will he save the reveal until after luffy arrives there? i would rather him save it for luffy and then have us find out what happened to zoro and the others after luffy finds them.

do you think oda will show off wano with zoro and the others or will he save the reveal until after luffy arrives there? i would rather him save it for luffy and then have us find out what happened to zoro and the others after luffy finds them.

Save it imo. But I don't want it to be a retread of how Zou was told in flashbacks, though we might not be able to avoid that. Idk

Luffy arrives, everyone is in a cage while Kaido is drinking sake: "Finally arrived, Strawhat".

Ray Down

Banned

Oda will save Wano until the other strawhats and friends arrive.

I'm also wondering how will Luffy call the fleet.

Oda will save Wano until the other strawhats and friends arrive.

I'm also wondering how will Luffy call the fleet.
Kaido shows his full army

Usopp-"aaaah were massively outnumbered!"

Strawhat armada comes rolling up

Luffy"I didn't call you guys how did you know I was in trouble"

Orlombus-"simple, Bartolomeo planted a den den mushi on the ship so he could spy on you guys"

Ray Down

Banned
Like I imagine just cause its Luffy he will send out some big grandiose message out to the world that only those that know him or have spent any time with him could figure it out.

Maybe there's a potential for that to happen at the Reverie? All eyes will be on there and I can't imagine another way for his message to get out.

I don't see a reason for Luffy to go there just yet but it would be interesting...

Ray Down

Banned
Like Luffy, Nami and co somehow destroy a part of whole cake island in the process but leave a burning sign in the rumble to communicate the fleet to head to Wano or follow there Vivre cards.

SolVanderlyn

I kinda hope we see Wano happen, but not like Zou

Like it goes Big Mom/Germa arc, then the narrator is like

Meanwhile, directly after Luffy left Zou, Zoro and the others... etc.

And then we get that part of the story

I kinda hope we see Wano happen, but not like Zou

Like it goes Big Mom/Germa arc, then the narrator is like

Meanwhile, directly after Luffy left Zou, Zoro
and the others... etc.

And then we get that part of the story
That's actually pretty likely. I don't think oda will skip pass wano and show it in flashback like zou.

SolVanderlyn

That's actually pretty likely. I don't think oda will skip pass wano and show it in flashback like zou.
I really hope so, Wano has been hyped up forever

Veelk

Banned
This might be a good topic actually:

What hyped up arc or moments are you looking forward to the most?

I'm interested in anything Emperor or Marine heavy, so Big Mom and Kaido (where I predict a Law-Kid-Luffy allience to take place) are ones I want to see.

I want to see Zoro get a new sword.

Reverie sounds cool, and it'll probably include the Marine top brass

And lastly, whatever the next big war arc is going to be.

This might be a good topic actually:

What hyped up arc or moments are you looking forward to the most?

I'm interested in anything Emperor or Marine heavy, so Big Mom and Kaido (where I predict a Law-Kid-Luffy allience to take place) are ones I want to see.

I want to see Zoro get a new sword.

Reverie sounds cool, and it'll probably include the Marine top brass

And lastly, whatever the next big war arc is going to be.

this arc right now..for obvious reasons.

elbaf if it happens, as i imagine usopp will get some massive devolpment

I want to see the next admiral.

I'm looking forward to Luffy's first fight with a Yonko whoever it will be.

I really excited for Reverie and Blackbeard's re-reveal for the New World.

Taborcarn

I want to know Shanks' real story. How he got from Roger's cabin boy to Emperor, how strong he really is, and what was he really doing in East Blue when he met Luffy.

Zeppu

I'm more waiting for the final arc. The revelations at Raftel and how the crew will deal with it. I kind of expect a time skip at that point; people will start recognizing Luffy as the Pirate King, while he and the crew prepare and eventually right whatever wrongs the World Government has done.

That and Vegapunk. That guy's gonna end up being critical to the full reveal of the true history and nature of the One Piece world.

Oh and Sanji's marriage to Pudding, obvs.

SolVanderlyn

Big events I really want to see:

-Skypiea moon people reveal/world's true history/Raftel

-Admiral Ryokugyu's reveal (don't forget we already saw a tease)

v0ADhii.png

-Shanks' past

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom