• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT2| Four Emperors, One King, All Blue

Status
Not open for further replies.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
It might be nice to get a cameo of who Zoro's parents were, like X Drake did for his dad. Ultimately unimportant, but cool to know.

Edit: Same for Franky's dad, who was a pirate. Waiting for Cutty (Name) to show up as a cameo character in a flashback.

Taborcarn

Nah nah, this is nothing like Naruto. Luffy does everything he does just because he's Luffy. The theory just says he gets to have a second quest under a different name, and if he ends up inspiring himself all the better.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Speaking of Franky, I still think he has the best flashback. Partially because it has a much different tone to it due to Franky's different age - instead of seeing him as a small child, we see him at the same age that most of the Straw Hats are now.

d898276076f30ae289745cb3c74c956f.jpg

Nah nah, this is nothing like Naruto. Luffy does everything he does just because he's Luffy. The theory just says he gets to have a second quest under a different name, and if he ends up inspiring himself all the better.
Just saw your original post.
Not sure Luffy would be smart enough to live under another alias for an entire lifetime.
Would be interesting though.

Ray Down

Banned
Do you guys ever think Zoros parents are gonna come in play, and itll be a huge reveal?

Nah i doubt Zoro parents are important, same with Nami's birth parents.

The max I could see about Zoro family is he is a descendant of Ryuma.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
Just saw your original post.
Not sure Luffy would be smart enough to live under another alias for an entire lifetime.
Would be interesting though.

Not sure? Let's go with the most recent time luffy said his name:

zSzftZI.png

He's on an island that Big mom's territory and doesn't care

Let's not for get the coliseum in Dressrosa.

SolVanderlyn

Hey guys new chapter tom...

Oh...

franky_depressed_gif_by_megableachy-d5oeeqj.jpg

SolVanderlyn

Are you trolling or is that for real?

SolVanderlyn

I seem to have won this game

images

Isn't Luffy sill in his teens, even after the timeskip? That would be give him plenty of time to re-establish himself as a rookie. And he could have made up the story that Logue is his hometown, even live there for a while as a young man, and still die there decades later.

And of course he can revisit places, especially if he already knows what's at the end and if he wants to leave clues for his younger self.

Luffy's like 20 right now.

HEY, WHAT'S GOING ON IN THIS THREA--

I also want to see my favorite theory come true: Luffy is Roger.

In the final battle with the WG the legendary weapons are used. One of them has a time travel power and hurtles Luffy into the past with no way to return. He grows a mustache and starts calling himself Roger. And now, he can finally live out his dream of becoming the Pirate King and fulfill his promise to return the hat to Shanks albeit when he's a young boy. He will explore and complete the secrets of the new world (mostly because he already knows them) and his death will spark the new pirate age. What more could Luffy ask for? Oh and also, he'll become Ace's father. And getting to fight/have a rivalry with his grandfather is probably pretty cool too.

The only ones who will know the truth are Rayleigh and Shanks. Rayleigh so he can train young Luffy (just as Luffy/Roger trained him) and Shanks so he can return/pass on the hat and make sure Luffy begins his adventure.

PL9AOtV.png

No....just....no. That's ridiculous.
And the fact that some think this is even slightly plausible....sigh.

Ray Down

Banned
If you think that theroy is bad, I got one for you, ask if you want it.

To bad for this thread.
Worst part it's from tumblr

SolVanderlyn

Gear 4 in the anime was sooooooo well done, wow

Samemind

Gotta agree with you there. The way he says it the first time made me lose it. The sound effects are absolutely great too
Yeah, even if everything that actually involved fighting was butchered, that sound effect and the transform itself was pretty well executed. It reminds of how fun it was to listen to zephyr's arm weapon winding up.

ckohler

I noticed something when re-reading the latest chapter...

Issue 828 said:

The singing flowers from the previous issue show up in Pudding's panel here for no reason. She's also holding out her arms like Big Mom does.

SolVanderlyn

Yeah, even if everything that actually involved fighting was butchered, that sound effect and the transform itself was pretty well executed. It reminds of how fun it was to listen to zephyr's arm weapon winding up.
Butchered? How?

I thought the entire fight was amazing

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
Butchered? How?

I thought the entire fight was amazing

They've got a bad habit of making Luffy seem like he's struggling, when in the manga he never did. Particularly on final hits, they did the same thing vs Ceasar, turned it into this big power struggle instead of a clean blowing away.

Also Luffy's Culverin attack stretched for like a literal goddamned mile in the anime, it chased Doflamingo for an hour, it was absurd.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom