• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT2| Four Emperors, One King, All Blue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Genryu

Banned
I want to see Zoro get a new sword as well. He needs to outlive the Sandai Kitetsu and get the original cursed sword instead of the third version of it.

I want to know the secret Schichibukai and Admiral and the secret behind devil fruits
Secret shichibukai? Are you talking about Edward Weevil?

The current shichibukai are all known:

Dracule Mihawk
Boa Hancock
Bartholomew Kuma
Buggy the Clown
Edward Weevil

Recently removed (and not replaced yet):

Trafalgar D. Law
Donquixote Doflamingo

Syntsui

The biggest misteries I want to be solved:

1) Full explanation about devil fruits
2) Bonney complete story
3) Mihawk complete story
4) Shanks complete story
5) Zoro hidden sharingan reveal

Taborcarn

I also want to see my favorite theory come true: Luffy is Roger.

In the final battle with the WG the legendary weapons are used. One of them has a time travel power and hurtles Luffy into the past with no way to return. He grows a mustache and starts calling himself Roger. And now, he can finally live out his dream of becoming the Pirate King and fulfill his promise to return the hat to Shanks albeit when he's a young boy. He will explore and complete the secrets of the new world (mostly because he already knows them) and his death will spark the new pirate age. What more could Luffy ask for? Oh and also, he'll become Ace's father. And getting to fight/have a rivalry with his grandfather is probably pretty cool too.

The only ones who will know the truth are Rayleigh and Shanks. Rayleigh so he can train young Luffy (just as Luffy/Roger trained him) and Shanks so he can return/pass on the hat and make sure Luffy begins his adventure.

Syntsui

People think Zoro has some secret eye thing?

Don't know about people.

In the final battle with the WG the legendary weapons are used. One of them has a time travel power and hurtles Luffy into the past with no way to return. He grows a mustache and starts calling himself Roger. And now, he can finally live out his dream of becoming the Pirate King and fulfill his promise to return the hat to Shanks albeit when he's a young boy. He will explore and complete the secrets of the new world (mostly because he already knows them) and his death will spark the new pirate age. What more could Luffy ask for? Oh and also, he'll become Ace's father. And getting to fight/have a rivalry with his grandfather is probably pretty cool too.

The only ones who will know the truth are Rayleigh and Shanks. Rayleigh so he can train young Luffy (just as Luffy/Roger trained him) and Shanks so he can return/pass on the hat and make sure Luffy begins his adventure.

God no! Let Luffy be Luffy with his own adventure. This would seriously piss me off.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!

SHIT!!!!!

Reminds me of the theory that Roger ate the reincarnation fruit. And was reborn as Luffy.

Taborcarn

SHIT!!!!!

tumblr_nqay37lDxj1un5981o1_500.gif

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
To solve this mystery, all we need to do is to force one of oda's previous editors to tell us.

It's that simple.

gl5p8or.png

tumblr_m83tks6Fjr1rys4czo1_500.gif

Ugh worse than that reincarnation theory somebody made that basically made luffy like naruto

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Blah, that's a dumb theory. Roger doesn't even have a scar under his eye.

Only 8 more days until the next chapter....

Ray Down

Banned

3395837_1382792696758.46res_500_281.jpg

Somehow more crazy than some D.Gray-Man theories.

ckohler

The idea that Roger could really be Luffy from the future seems kinda obvious. It occured to me when they met Rayleigh. It would explain why did Oda even bothered hiding young Roger's face. However, Luffy would have had to have lost his X scar somehow and possibly his devil fruit power for it to be true.

Taborcarn

The idea that Roger could really be Luffy from the future seems kinda obvious. It occured to me when they met Rayleigh. It would explain why did Oda even bothered hiding young Roger's face. However, Luffy would have had to have lost his X scar somehow and possibly his devil fruit power for it to be true.

Scars can be covered up, that's not really a big deal. About his powers I think it can be either:
  • The power leaves when he travels back in time, since the gum-gum devil already exists in the past. Which is also why he has to die before Luffy is born again.
  • or he's hiding his ability, like he kinda tried to do at the start of the colosseum.

Man screw that. That would completely undermine Luffy's character and journey.

People think Zoro has some secret eye thing?

We don't know how he got the scar. We can assume Mihawk gave it to him but he's never talked about it. Zoro also hasn't been in a really serious fight unlike Luffy in the New World yet so he's bound to have some secret special power in reserve.

Luffy being roger or roger being in lufgy whichever one would legit make me not care about one piece anymore. It would completely erase all of luffys character. Just like it did with naruto

ckohler

Luffy being roger or roger being in lufgy whichever one would legit make me not care about one piece anymore. It would completely erase all of luffys character. Just like it did with naruto

That reincarnation theory does sound bad. I don't like that. However, a time-loop doesn't undermind anything, imo. How would it erase his character? He got to be the way he is now regardless of if the man he idolized was a stranger or not.

Ray Down

Banned

But Blackleg you don't like how Naruto who was a character who worked hard for his shit and told what his face who died pointlessly that destiny is bullshit, and then for him to become so prophecy child that was destined to save the ninja world as Ninja Jesus 2.0 (Itachi was 1.0) and then not see how he actually does it?

Luffy is just a man that best represents Roger ideals, will and personality in the new age.

If Luffy came from the future, how that would explain Roger's execution in front of a huge crowd?

Edit: oh, I got it. It's the contrary, Roger is Luffy in the past.

But Blackleg you don't like how Naruto who was a character who worked hard for his shit and told what his face who died pointlessly that destiny is bullshit, and then for him to become so prophecy child that was destined to save the ninja world as Ninja Jesus 2.0 (Itachi was 1.0) and then not see how he actually does it?

Luffy is just a man that best represents Roger ideals, will and personality in the new age.
Lol ew don't remind me
#NejiWasRight.

As you said luffy represents roger ideals plz be nothing more than that.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16

Didn't Rayleigh admit that Roger destroyed entire villages for insulting his crew? Luffy will declare war on the world of it messes with his friends, but roger sounded like he was a bit more ruthless. Luffy only really retaliates against people who actually harm his friends.

I'm of the opinion that the only connection to Roger will be that he actually was the previous Gomu fruit user. Shanks made sure to find the fruit after Roger died, and Luffy ended up eating it. The WG won't say anything so they won't further encourage people around Luffy.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Also, brook remembers Roger as a young rookie, and by the time roger dies, brook has been isolated for 30 years. That would make roger 50 or so when he died, if he was luffy - seems a bit older than I'd expect (more early-mid 40s - IE, roger was ace/Luffy's age when he set out.)

Finally, Roger is from Logue town. Ie: prologue and epilogue. It's where he was born. It's where he died. And it's where his journey began and ended.

Luffy, obviously, isn't from there. And it's not where his journey started.

Lastly... would luffy really visit skypiea as roger? Would he follow the same route through Paradise? Going to places he's already been isn't really his style.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
I for one love that time travel theory

Taborcarn

Also, brook remembers Roger as a young rookie, and by the time roger dies, brook has been isolated for 30 years. That would make roger 50 or so when he died, if he was luffy - seems a bit older than I'd expect (more early-mid 40s - IE, roger was ace/Luffy's age when he set out.)

Finally, Roger is from Logue town. Ie: prologue and epilogue. It's where he was born. It's where he died. And it's where his journey began and ended.

Luffy, obviously, isn't from there. And it's not where his journey started.

Lastly... would luffy really visit skypiea as roger? Would he follow the same route through Paradise? Going to places he's already been isn't really his style.

Isn't Luffy sill in his teens, even after the timeskip? That would be give him plenty of time to re-establish himself as a rookie. And he could have made up the story that Logue is his hometown, even live there for a while as a young man, and still die there decades later.

And of course he can revisit places, especially if he already knows what's at the end and if he wants to leave clues for his younger self.

Turns out there was really convoluted but actually meaningless reason for everything that happened in One Piece after all. Please enjoy the sequel to One Piece, Two Piece, starring Monkey P Diddy.

Syntsui

So does a person eating a fruit and gaining powers.

Considering everything that was already established, doesnt it sound silly to you? This is some Bleach shit.

Do you guys ever think Zoros parents are gonna come in play, and itll be a huge reveal?

There is not even any kind of foreshadow to that, so I doubt it. If anything we will learn what happened to his eye lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom