• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT2| Four Emperors, One King, All Blue

Status
Not open for further replies.

smurfx

get some go again
Assuming Luffy gets awaken, does that mean he will turn his whole environment into a bounce house?

Could he infuse it with Haki and have people bounce around damaging themselves?
i'm not sure luffy will change his surroundings into rubber. awakening for people that can create whatever their fruit is might be different than for users who turn into whatever their fruit is.

Assuming Luffy gets awaken, does that mean he will turn his whole environment into a bounce house?

It's gonna be called Rubber Time, I guarantee it.

All we know is that awakening is "the Devil Fruit going on a rampage", so whatever the Gum Gum fruit going on a rampage is like is anyone's guess.

Zoan's seem to turn into massive beasts, while we have hints that Logia's greatly extended the reach and power of their element. Doflamingo has been the only Paramecia we've seen who is "awakened" and he seemed to also affect his environment by turning everything into strings.

Paramecia is kind of a catch all category and we've only seen one example, so it's pretty hard to guess what Luffy's power will be. I think an interesting call back would be to turn the environment or maybe even people into rubber like him temporarily. Luffy was really shit when he first got his fruit and couldn't punch in the direction he wanted, it would be funny to see bigger villains try and deal with that.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Every We __ opening besides the original has been disappointing. And every time skip opening besides Hands Up has been bad too. So it's not surprising this one is so lackluster.

I just hope they fix Nami and Robin's derpy faces in the opening.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
vic mignogna version.
4YMgGH.gif

Kornflayx

I would love if it turns his surroundings into a giant bouncy house. It could increase his speed while simultaneously decreasing the opponents mobility.

Just think about the final war being fought in a giant bouncy house. Luffy could teach his allies how to fight within his confines which would be a giant ace up their sleeve

That was the only benefit of sitting through those Straw Hat recap fillers.

Every We __ opening besides the original has been disappointing. And every time skip opening besides Hands Up has been bad too. So it's not surprising this one is so lackluster.

Hands Up? Really? The song by itself is fine, but paired up with One Piece, it makes for a very mediocre opening.
We Go is great. Fits well with the start of the New World. Mirrors the first opening.
Wake Up is just catch-all promotion schlock. The song gets annoying after repeat viewings and don't get me started on the anniversary outfits.
Hard Knock Days is good. The chorus is the best part of the song.
We Can falls short of being a successor to We Are and We Go.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
One Day is the best visually to me!

And I love the group shot of the Strawhats at 1 minute in.

edit: Oops I forgot about the Urouge opening, that is truly the best one.

Cwarrior

One day much better when you read the lyrics it's very fitting and it looks great.

Urouge always felt like he was based on Troll face.

I don't like We go it's so dissapointing, for time skip I expected better but it makes the show feel like the luffy show.

Don't forgget the parts soming moments of importance/bondging between Luffy and all the Strawhats.

Also the Ace scene reminds me of:
7d54d31d2a92bfefee6f7739475ea027.jpg

the anime team really know how punch you in the feels gut.

I think Oda is saving Urogue for the whole tie-in to the moon, the sky people, and if the theory is correct, the D!

Urogue would definitely be knowledgeable about the ancient history and the sky people's role in that history imo.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
The Viz version of the latest chapter is out.
It's Nami in the armor. The cleaner scans clearly show her face. Debate over.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom