• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT2| Four Emperors, One King, All Blue

Status
Not open for further replies.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
mG2H6mi.gif

BHK3

Banned
The Viz version of the latest chapter is out.
It's Nami in the armor. The cleaner scans clearly show her face. Debate over.

I missed this discussion, why is she in two different places with different clothes? Editor fuckup? I remember they swapped zoros and luffys heads once by accident.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Nami's ennies lobby clima tact was best clima tact. Now shit's too magical.
It had to become that way if she wanted to compete with DF users and how crazy they are now

SolVanderlyn

Because Nami hasen't really had a fight yet to show off and explain what her new and improved Sorccerer Clima Tact can do.
We haven't had an arc where every Straw Hat gets a fight since...

Enies Lobby. Whoa.

Thriller Bark had the Oz team up fight, though.

Nami and Brook need to shine and I belive they will, Nami will probably get Reiju and Brook one of the two brothers.

Sanji has his going out aganist Vergo :p
Nami vs Reiju but...who will I cheer for!!

Ci1jlTFWkAES_Cz.jpg

Vs

full

On the one hand strawhat for life but I mean come on poison pink!!? Name sounds cool she's a vinsmoke,beautiful woman.

SolVanderlyn

I feel like Reiju is a wildcard. She could end up as a good guy, bad guy or even sympathetic villain.

SolVanderlyn

I hope Ichiji is sympathetic too. He seems to be the most easygoing and friendly Vinsmoke brother. Although he was pretty brutal in that one scene destroying the enemy army...

I hope Ichiji is sympathetic too. He seems to be the most easygoing and friendly Vinsmoke brother. Although he was pretty brutal in that one scene destroying the enemy army...

There is no way that guy is sympathetic. On top of everything else in that chapter:

Den Den: "Sanji's already here."

Ichiji: "Oh? How fun. I can't wait to see him."

Niji: "Liar."

If Sanji turns out to be 'special' in some way for the Vinsmoke family (I have no idea if the different eyebrows will be relevant or not), Ichiji, as the heir, will probably have reasons to want him out of the game.

I'm curious about that.

Presumably Ichiji and Niji are already married to other families, but if they aren't then why did the Vinsmokes choose Sanji? Why not Ichiji? It's weird. The first thing they do upon finding out he's alive is to hook him up.

What do they really want?

I'm curious about that.

Presumably Ichiji and Niji are already married to other families, but if they aren't then why did the Vinsmokes choose Sanji? Why not Ichiji? It's weird. The first thing they do upon finding out he's alive is to hook him up.

There is also the possibility that Big Mom chose Sanji to mess up Luffy and lure him.

Ray Down

Banned
I'm curious about that.

Maybe the marriage was arranged for Sanji at a very young age?

I'm curious about that.

I'm not sure if any of Sanji's siblings are married. It just seems like a win-win situation for Sanji's dad, since it guarantees Sanji returning to Germa as well as gaining a powerful ally. He might also have an ulterior motive to allying with Big Mom.

Though as was said above, I wouldn't be surprised if Big Mom approached Sanji's dad with the proposition, for the purpose of luring Luffy, since Sanji's dad originally used to the marines to capture Sanji. With her information channels, it wouldn't be difficult to find out Sanji's connection to Germa.

There is also the possibility that Big Mom chose Sanji to mess up Luffy and lure him.
Probably, it makes too much sense.
Maybe the marriage was arranged for Sanji at a very young age?
Also possible, maybe part of the reason he ran away.
I'm not sure if any of Sanji's siblings are married. It just seems like a win-win situation for Sanji's dad, since it guarantees Sanji returning to Germa as well as gaining a powerful ally. He might also have an ulterior motive to allying with Big Mom.

Though as was said above, I wouldn't be surprised if Big Mom approached Sanji's dad with the proposition, for the purpose of luring Luffy, since Sanji's dad originally used to the marines to capture Sanji. With her information channels, it wouldn't be difficult to find out Sanji's connection to Germa.
Yeah, now that you mention it none of the top tier members of any of the crews allied with big mom got married. Sanji, Gotti, and Alladin are not leaders. Guess from the Vinsmokes perspective it's a way to throw away someone not as valuable to their current operations and gain a powerful ally.

IHaveIce

Banned
So last chapter I was wondering who would wait on the coast, if it is Jinbei or Sanji.. now I have gone back reading all Totland chapters and Pudding actually told the SHs she would wait there for them... idk

Ray Down

Banned
So last chapter I was wondering who would wait on the coast, if it is Jinbei or Sanji.. now I have gone back reading all Totland chapters and Pudding actually told the SHs she would wait there for them... idk

Its probably either Pudding or Jinbei peg leg.

Sanji most likely is forbidden from leaving BM Castle and is under surveillance.

I think it's going to be what's left of Jimbe. I think he got his 'time' stolen and will be near death with limbs intact. Beating Mom will have a ticking clock to save Jimbe

smurfx

get some go again
If Sanji turns out to be 'special' in some way for the Vinsmoke family (I have no idea if the different eyebrows will be relevant or not), Ichiji, as the heir, will probably have reasons to want him out of the game.
what if sanji is an illegitimate kid? they could have even killed her mom to make sure she didn't try and make sanji the heir of the vinsmokes.

marmoka

Banned
It's a shame we all assume the mom is already dead lol damn you oda you mom killer

She's most likely dead

Nami's mom and adoptive mom are dead, Usopp's mom is dead, Robin's mom is dead, Brook's mom is dead, Franky's mom is dead, Vivi's mom is dead, Ace's mom is dead, Shirahoshi's mom is dead, Law's mom is dead, Doflamingo's mom is dead, Rebecca's mom is dead,... Nearly all moms are dead.

Unconfirmed: Luffy's, Zoro's, Sanji's and Chopper's (I understand why she didn't love him) moms.

The only confirmed mom alive in One Piece, are Big Mom, and Sabo's mom.

There's a high probability of her being dead unfortunately.

Wonder if we're going to see his parents sometime, although Tom and the rest back at Water 7 have pretty much been established as his "family". Seeing Zoro's parents would definitely be interesting, make it happen Oda!

About Luffy, i think that his mother is alive, there's too much focus on his family with Garp and Dragon, too much for his mother to be just some random person or already dead.
I also think that she's more like Luffy character-wise, Dragon seems like someone who goes to the basement to have a laugh, and while Garp definitely is more like Luffy, he's still able to keep a thought once in a while and can be more serious outside of some epic battles.

Sanji ... i guess it depends wether the Germa are really a whole family based crew and how young his youngest sibling is, the younger the more likely Momju is still alive, imo.

Veelk

Banned
I see this mom discussion brought up fairly often here. Does anyone have their ear to the ground on what the japanese thoughts on this are? By which I mean, not the theories, but if there is an active curiosity about the mothers as well.

On Luffy's mother, I don't think Oda has confirmed she's alive or going to appear right?

All I could find was the SBS where Oda said he'd draw Luffy's "Parents" in volume 45 but was likely just talking about Dragon.

On Luffy's mother, I don't think Oda has confirmed she's alive or going to appear right?

All I could find was the SBS where Oda said he'd draw Luffy's "Parents" in volume 45 but was likely just talking about Dragon.

Yes there are gifs and youtube videos that hype a particular translation of that SBS and link it to the companions of Dragon who have been drawn but not introduced. But I think that quote was just there to hype up Garp revealing that Dragon was Luffy's father.

what if sanji is an illegitimate kid? they could have even killed her mom to make sure she didn't try and make sanji the heir of the vinsmokes.

There is this talk about this picture from Film Gold poster:

tumblr_inline_o9fjji4cly1t8467d_540.jpg

The Jack has curly eyebrows and kinda resemble the clock-beard guy we saw in that chapter about the Reverie (the mustache is identical). If he is Mr. Vinsmoke, Sanji's eyebrows goes in the same direction, so maybe he is the one who looks like his father the most?

IHaveIce

Banned
There is this talk about this picture from Film Gold poster:

tumblr_inline_o9fjji4cly1t8467d_540.jpg

The Jack has curly eyebrows and kinda resemble the clock-beard guy we saw in that chapter about the Reverie (the mustache is identical). If he is Mr. Vinsmoke, Sanji's eyebrows goes in the same direction, so maybe he is the one who looks like his father the most?

Woah normally this would be nothing, but with Oda this could very well be a legitimate hint

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom