• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT3| Anything You Can Gum I Can Gum Better

LotusHD

Banned
Nami just got a powerup basically is Zeus going with her now? I can't be happier if so nami's top five so Op nami I'm all for
Pudding likes ya boy no surprises there

I'm pretty sure it's just temporary. I dunno, the raw's out, but I rather not read it... for now. That said, if even for a moment we can get Nami to ride Zeus while having her staff out, I'll be a happy man.

Jesus, even B-Leg is reading the spoilers. This is how you know this shit is late :(

Big One

Banned
Well Nami kind of does need a power up and there kind of does need to be something for Big Mom to chase after the Strawhats for outside of just being pissed off at him. Nami could take Zeus with her and Big Mom is obviously going to target the Strawhats herself.

It's all going to lead to Nami becoming Big Mom's spiritual daughter in the end and becoming an ally.

I'm pretty sure it's just temporary. I dunno, the raw's out, but I rather not read it... for now. That said, if even for a moment we can get Nami to ride Zeus while having her staff out, I'll be a happy man.

Jesus, even B-Leg is reading the spoilers. This is how you know this shit is late :(
He said he wanted more I assume he's gonna follow her

I'm starving I needed that

LotusHD

Banned
Well Nami kind of does need a power up and there kind of does need to be something for Big Mom to chase after the Strawhats for outside of just being pissed off at him. Nami could take Zeus with her and Big Mom is obviously going to target the Strawhats herself.

It's all going to lead to Nami becoming Big Mom's spiritual daughter in the end and becoming an ally.

She literally just got one though through her staff lol

Just seems kinda lame if Nami permanently acquired someone a Yonko owns imo

Also YOOOO, Prometheus is scary af

caliph95

B-leg has finally falling to the dark side

LotusHD

Banned
Might as well stick to it week to week now I feel filthy

Finally.

tumblr_mawwxayOtR1r02p3oo1_500.gif

Ray Down

Banned
OK Sanji gets off with Nami just saying Zeus is her pet, at this point I got to ask, what sexual fetish is Sanji NOT into?

Aside from cuckholding.

Sanji needs to feed his leg to Prometheus. Either that, or just shoot some fire at him with Hell Memories.

Wonder who's dealing with Katakuri though.
Lol! Eh nami can give him a heat egg and have both!! Can't see sanji adaptating well with him like she could.

Some minor Oda comments

-"There are ton of new characters I want to draw in Wano arc. Characters in ONE PIECE fight mostly on land despite them being pirates.
I'd like to draw some event scenes on the sea which reminds us that they are pirates. Maybe I'll change my mind, though (laugh)"

- When Kuma was introduced for the first time in 2002, Oda told one of his assistants that Kuma would cause the separation of Straw Hats in the future. It came true in 2008.

Also, he really likes Rakugo.

LotusHD

Banned
Lol! Eh nami can give him a heat egg and have both!! Can't see sanji adaptating well with him like she could.

Lol Nami the GOAT

Some minor Oda comments

-"There are ton of new characters I want to draw in Wano arc. Characters in ONE PIECE fight mostly on land despite them being pirates.
I'd like to draw some event scenes on the sea which reminds us that they are pirates. Maybe I'll change my mind, though (laugh)"

- When Kuma was introduced for the first time in 2002, Oda told one of his assistants that Kuma would cause the separation of Straw Hats in the future. It came true in 2008.

Also, he really likes Rakugo.

Lol it says it came true like he ain't the author lmao

LotusHD

Banned
So accordingly to SBS Big Mom was quite a looker when she was young. Sanji wasn't that far off.

Yea we discussed awhile ago, impressed that for once the pretty face was actually distinct, as opposed to looking similar to Nami and what not.

Random post to say that I just finished reading the Paramount War arc for the first time.

I've enjoyed One Piece for several years, just casually watching along when my gf watched the anime (I think we started dating around the time that was Punk Hazard story was airing), and I had read the first few volumes of the manga ages go (up to when they meet Usopp). In the last year, though, I found myself really getting an especially large kick out of OP, and I decided to sit down and read the major old story arcs. That was a great decision. Jesus. What a ride it's been. What a sense of scale, what a skill for creating memorable characters, what a great sense of action. I've loved every page of it all.

The Paramount War was my most recent read. I'm not sure if this arc hits quite the same highs as Water 7/Enies Lobby for me - the crew is absent for so much of it, and the crew's interaction is the main reason I enjoy this story so much - but there's no doubt that it was absolutely epic and heart-stopping and filled with unforgettable moments. Luffy punching out the Celestial Dragon has got to be one of my favorite comic/manga scenes ever. It's so simple, but I just love the way that Oda has Luffy cut through the crap and do whatever he wants.

There are also so many new characters introduced here. Completely awesome. I only knew Law as a sort-of-good-guy from watching the tail end of the Dressrosa arc and the stuff since then, so I was a bit surprised to see that he was introduced in a way that was almost...sinister? Not exactly villain-ish, but there's an air about him that was creepier than the Law we see today, or at least, that was my impression. I'd really like to see more of Killer, just for his design alone and to see his powers, but as far as I've seen, he hasn't come up again in the story (?).

Anyway, I really enjoyed this arc. From arriving at Sabaody to Luffy leaving his hat behind as he runs off to train with Rayleigh...talk about firing on all cylinders, creatively. I mean, god damn. Oda da God.

LotusHD

Banned
Random post to say that I just finished reading the Paramount War arc for the first time.

I've enjoyed One Piece for several years, just casually watching along when my gf watched the anime (I think we started dating around the time that was Punk Hazard story was airing), and I had read the first few volumes of the manga ages go (up to when they meet Usopp). In the last year, though, I found myself really getting an especially large kick out of OP, and I decided to sit down and read the major old story arcs. That was a great decision. Jesus. What a ride it's been. What a sense of scale, what a skill for creating memorable characters, what a great sense of action. I've loved every page of it all.

The Paramount War was my most recent read. I'm not sure if this arc hits quite the same highs as Water 7/Enies Lobby for me - the crew is absent for so much of it, and the crew's interaction is the main reason I enjoy this story so much - but there's no doubt that it was absolutely epic and heart-stopping and filled with unforgettable moments. Luffy punching out the Celestial Dragon has got to be one of my favorite comic/manga scenes ever. It's so simple, but I just love the way that Oda has Luffy cut through the crap and do whatever he wants.

There are also so many new characters introduced here. Completely awesome. I only knew Law as a sort-of-good-guy from watching the tail end of the Dressrosa arc and the stuff since then, so I was a bit surprised to see that he was introduced in a way that was almost...sinister? Not exactly villain-ish, but there's an air about him that was creepier than the Law we see today, or at least, that was my impression. I'd really like to see more of Killer, just for his design alone and to see his powers, but as far as I've seen, he hasn't come up again in the story (?).

Anyway, I really enjoyed this arc. From arriving at Sabaody to Luffy leaving his hat behind as he runs off to train with Rayleigh...talk about firing on all cylinders, creatively. I mean, god damn. Oda da God.

He's called Goda for a reason lol

Euphony

Banned
So who's dealing with katakuri

Nobody. He's there because he saw the error of his way and decided to join the Straw Hats.

More seriously I think Jinbe would be a good counter to him. Katakuri's devil fruit was easily countered by a cup of tea so I can imagine a master of Fishman karate surrounded by water would be able to do some damage.

Ray Down

Banned
Hell you could argue she looks more like Pudding seeing how her eyes color now is blue instead of red.

Though Big Mom hair in this is like a redish brown.

Anime version of that scene (and that arc) is incredible as well.

Kain

Nah, Pudding is lying. DON'T TRUST PUDDING BEGE, YOU'RE THE ONLY SMART PERSON ON THAT ISLAND

Also Reiju on the top20, she'll reach the top you'll see.

LotusHD

Banned
Finally, the damn chapter is out.

- As I said earlier, the wacky solution to the Big Mom dilemma being Nami producing lightning for Zeus is classic One Piece, love it. Again, I don't know where people are getting the notion that Zeus is gonna permanently join Nami, especially now that the chapter is translated. I mean, obviously Nami would love that, but it seems obvious that he's gonna be used as cover of some sort before Big Mom regains control of him again imo

- Prometheus is scary af, puts Ace's best attack to shame lmao, and that was an unnamed attack, just had the dude belly flop onto the ground... If King Baum actually survives that, he's our next Pell lol

- Why am I just now realizing the major Impel Down vibes this arc has been recently giving lol, with Katakuri likely to be the Magellan of the arc

- It's ya girl Pudding, and she's genuine for once. Probably.
If it wasn't for the words literally stating as much this time around, I would never trust her again

How will the crew escape? We'll find out... in 2 weeks, because life sucks.

King Baum's came a long way from being unable to stand up against a fragment of Big Mom to openly denying the queen herself. To be honest, I'm more disappointed he robbed best BM Pirate Amande of her only victory.

Zeus got the munchies, solidifying his status as the high homie.

Pudding...Aye she's a character that exists I guess. Would have preferred her to stay evil, personally. That was a good twist.

LotusHD

Banned
King Baum's came a long way from being unable to stand up against a fragment of Big Mom to openly denying the queen herself. To be honest, I'm more disappointed he robbed best BM Pirate Amande of her only victory.

Zeus got the munchies, solidifying his status as the high homie.

Pudding...Aye she's a character that exists I guess. Would have preferred her to stay evil, personally. That was a good twist.

How Oda got me to care about a damn tree in 2 chapters, I'll never know.

Mendrox

Please Oda let Nami have that pet. Please. He could also get smaller because of Big Mom (almost killed) and get buffed with Namis black balls every time if she needs him.

Please Oda let Nami have that pet. Please. He could also get smaller because of Big Mom (almost killed) and get buffed with Namis black balls every time if she needs him.

...Oh my god Nami has something to be treated as equivalent to the power pole too. I am increasingly in favour of this.

Top Bottom