• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT3| Anything You Can Gum I Can Gum Better

Zeus the next member of the crew?
Yes plz!! She told him she'll feed him everyday so unless mama takes her soul back like a savage you're coming with us Zeus...or we wait until they defeat big mom she turn coats and gives nami both of them afterwards lol(calling one or the other)

Who the hell is robin

Strawhats did some serious damage to BM

Pudding betrayal
King Baum betrayal (somewhat coerced)
Jinbe's departure
Opera betrayal and death
Cracker defeated
Zeus betrayal
Streusen heavily injured
Castle destroyed
Mother Carmel picture destroyed
Poneglyph copied
Wedding/Tea Party ruined

Bruh lol they ain't right for all this

Majukun

my god now i hate pudding so much

her turning up evil opened up tons of plotholes in the story..and all that just for nothing

Kreed

One Piece 874:

Nami potentially taking Zeus from Big Mom would be more interesting if Nami regularly participated in fights. Otherwise I don't see Zeus doing more than giving the Straw Hats a new mode of transport/saving Nami every once and a while.

Glad the story is sticking to having everyone escape vs fighting Big Mom and her crew directly (don't really care about Pudding possibly flip flopping again, but it moves the story along).

Luffy's declaration
Katakuri's foreshadowing
Luffy being held back

Feels like Oda is deliberately teasing Luffy vs Big Mom hard.

Also, how would Big Mom know an Elbaf fighting technique?

Nami was thr MVP this chapter.
Wasn't expecting Zeus to not care about what side he's on. Prometheus, on the other hand, is brutal as hell. I'm not sure if Nami could actually gain either of them as allies since their souls are Big Mom's and her defeat would most likely mean their demise.

I amazed at just how far ahead Katekuri plans. Why they don't just the destroy the ship is beyond me, (except for plot convenience), but it still remains to be seen how the Strawhats will get on the ship.

I don't really give a damn about Pudding but it wouls be funny if she was lying again, as doubtful as that is.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
This manga is just too good.

Im really impressed with Balls of Strawhats against a Yonkou....Brook, Sanji and Nami acting like straight up bosses in this arc. Its expected from Luffy but man how far the Crewmember have come.

Majukun

Luffy's declaration
Katakuri's foreshadowing
Luffy being held back

Feels like Oda is deliberately teasing Luffy vs Big Mom hard.

Also, how would Big Mom know an Elbaf fighting technique?

she saw it when she was young and she managed to replicate it?

luffy managed to replicate soru after seeing it one time,so it's not really that preposterous

Majukun

I amazed at just how far ahead Katekuri plans. Why they don't just the destroy the ship is beyond me, (except for plot convenience), but it still remains to be seen how the Strawhats will get on the ship.

the island is full of ships, even if they destroy the sunny they can just take over another one and flee, and they would have no diea which ship they are going to take so they can't set up a trap either

this way instad they have the perfect place where set their ambush on,and the ship also has a mirror that they can sue to pour an infinite amounts of backups.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
I think it's partially because he's working backwards from the much more exaggerated features of her later years. Speaking of which, this actually makes me appreciate Big Mom's overall concept all the more because she's not only actually aged and changed, but she's still kicking ass when she's almost 70. As female, villainous characters go - especially within the genre, even the same series - she's damned distinct.
I think Oda mentioned that in the OP universe, the average human lifespan is 140.

Majukun

I think Oda mentioned that in the OP universe, the average human lifespan is 140.

no,he said in a previous sbs that the most an human could live in the onpiece universe was 140, not the average
that's why a reader asked if after the timeskip kureha was still alive ,since she is now 141 years old..and he said that the limit is only for "normal people"

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
no,he said in a previous sbs that the most an human could live in the onpiece universe was 140, not the average
that's why a reader asked if after the timeskip kureha was still alive ,since she is now 141 years old..and he said that the limit is only for "normal people"
Yeah, I wasn't sure if it was the average or more of a 140 in OP is like 100 in reality.

The average is lower, but people living to 100 isn't crazy to hear about. It's when you get up to 105-110+ where you go "Wait, wtf?"

Ray Down

Banned
Nah, Pudding is lying. DON'T TRUST PUDDING BEGE, YOU'RE THE ONLY SMART PERSON ON THAT ISLAND

Also Reiju on the top20, she'll reach the top you'll see.

She would need a personality to do so.

I'd like a invitation to the Pudding fan club please, she is best crewmate.

Welcome aboard.

Pudding for nakama?

Is Nico Robin still alive?

She's irrelevant :p, so let's get someone else!!!!

Majukun

Oh man, now how are the Straw Hats gonna deal with Katakuri next.

well,everything will most likely not end with an hand ot hand confrontation anyway

if they manage to flee now without sorting this out,big mom would probably just send them the head of someone they know every week from now till the end of the manga....she uses to do that for people that just no-show a tea party...luffy has done much worse than that

Ogodei

I don't think Katakuri can destroy the Sunny. Easy to forget that the Sunny is made out of invincible wood. He'd have to tear apart the ship piece by piece.

I don't think Katakuri can destroy the Sunny. Easy to forget that the Sunny is made out of invincible wood. He'd have to tear apart the ship piece by piece.

If it was not possible to damage, it'd also have been impossible to use to make a ship. You'd never be able to like, put nails in it, for one thing, nor bend the wood to the appropriate shapes. Admittedly I don't know a lot about ship building, but those seem like pretty big barriers.

RomanceDawn

Yahoo good chapter!

Edit: I've never been so happy to not see Jimbei! Notice how all the top 20 characters are in the color spread minus the Straw Hats? Oh yeah Jimbo in house baby!

I really enjoyed Nami's interaction with Zues. It was only a matter of time before we got a clear idea of how she could handle him or his attacks. Same goes for Brook and Prometheus. That bandage(that is some how sticking to pure fire) is still prominently displayed reminding us who made that happen and who can and will make it happen again. As I said in the spoilers thread, for better of for worse, this is One Piece and we are all playing the long game. We were always going to get some clarification on how Brook did what he did and now with all abilities clear and out in the open during the climax battle, it's no better time for this pay off. And yes I know he ain't here now but he will be.

With the Mom pirates sitting there just waiting to shoot the Vinsmokes I cried foul, though with Katakuri leaving the Sunny as is it actually makes sense. A) We know Kidd sunk at least one prominent ship of Big Mom some time ago and it was only weeks ago(in story) when Tamara revealed that the Big Mom's needed money for more ships and such. So why not keep it intact and keep it for themselves? Also wasn't their flag ship decently damaged by the Swirly Hats? B) If the Sunny is destroyed and sunk would the Straw Hats just not run elsewhere and try to hijack another? As long as their ship is there at least the Big Mom's know exactly where the Straw Hats will go.

Thats all the logic I need.

Prometheus looks so awesome and scary looming over everyone like that.

Say... Is that Nami's first map hung up in the back ground? The soldiers are definitely in the women's quarters. Do we know if Nami ever hung up that map?
SYFtuZr.png

NSESN

Pudding x Sanji confirmed.
Zeus for Nakama.
Rest In Charcoal King Baum.
Prometheus alone is stronger than everyone there except Luffy.

Ray Down

Banned
Pudding x Sanji confirmed.
Zeus for Nakama.
Rest In Charcoal King Baum.
Prometheus alone is stronger than everyone there except Luffy.

1. Needs to happen just for the lvl's of salt.

2. Zeus just disappears, where did he go?

3. Most tragic character in the series.

4. Brobei could take it!

Nicolada

So things are back in favor for the Pudding fanbase. I don't think it's gonna tip in favor of the anti-Pudding club again. Ohh this has been a fun arc for causing a civil war between fans.

Thank fuck! The chapter is finally here. We're getting scans on Friday now?

King Baum has the most unfortunate luck out of any character in this arc. RIP in ashes.

AND HOLY MOCHI BALLS! Big Mom can use Dorry & Broggy's sword technique! This brings up two questions.
Did she learn the technique just from watching the giants use it? Or did she return to Elbaf at some point and learned it from the giants in persons?
The latter wouldn't make sense unless Big Mom was able to ease her rough relationship with a willing giant.

And Pudding has (supposedly) fallen for Sanji. I don't think this is another lie she's saying totrick Chiffon. The quote next to her is never wrong!

Top Bottom