• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT3| Anything You Can Gum I Can Gum Better

And Ray Down, if you're gonna send me a message, don't title it "Spoilers". I'll get the wrong idea. lol
4426daa84b9cfcfbc3457821e82df38a36206c93_hq.gif

Did she learn the technique just from watching the giants use it? Or did she return to Elbaf at some point and learned it from the giants in persons?
The latter wouldn't make sense unless Big Mom was able to ease her rough relationship with a willing giant.

Presumably she met with Loki at some point to arrange Lola's wedding. Maybe she was allowed a stint in Elbaf then?

Presumably she met with Loki at some point to arrange Lola's wedding. Maybe she was allowed a stint in Elbaf then?

I didn't consider the Loki arrangement. Big Mom must've done something to get an audience with Loki. Chiffon mentioned that even throughout the planned marriage, the giants still held a dislike towards Big Mom.

LotusHD

Banned
So things are back in favor for the Pudding fanbase. I don't think it's gonna tip in favor of the anti-Pudding club again. Ohh this has been a fun arc for causing a civil war between fans.

There's an anti-Pudding club? Hmm, isn't it more like, people that are upset that Pudding isn't gonna remain evil?

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Pudding is a very convincing liar...but is the person she is lying to the most...herself?

Find out on the next exciting episode of Dragon Ball Z!

*looks at poll results*

Sanji can't even beat Zoro in popularity in an arc where Zoro is absent.

giphy.gif

Carrot and Pudding aren't even in the top 20. lol

Pudding is lower than Carrot. DOUBLE LOL!

Ray Down

Banned
So things are back in favor for the Pudding fanbase. I don't think it's gonna tip in favor of the anti-Pudding club again. Ohh this has been a fun arc for causing a civil war between fans.

Yup pretty much.

Thank fuck! The chapter is finally here. We're getting scans on Friday now?

King Baum has the most unfortunate luck out of any character in this arc. RIP in ashes.

AND HOLY MOCHI BALLS! Big Mom can use Dorry & Broggy's sword technique! This brings up two questions.
Did she learn the technique just from watching the giants use it? Or did she return to Elbaf at some point and learned it from the giants in persons?
The latter wouldn't make sense unless Big Mom was able to ease her rough relationship with a willing giant.

And Pudding has (supposedly) fallen for Sanji. I don't think this is another lie she's saying totrick Chiffon. The quote next to her is never wrong!

Maybe she saw some giants do it as a kid. That or learned some during the time when Lola and Loki were meant to wed.

Supposedly?

We're not done with Pudding yet. She could easily be playing Chiffon and her husband.

There no way, Oda not going to keep pull this twist.

There's an anti-Pudding club? Hmm, isn't it more like, people that are upset that Pudding isn't gonna remain evil?

Pretty much imo.

LotusHD

Banned
*looks at poll results*

Sanji can't even beat Zoro in popularity in an arc where Zoro is absent.

giphy.gif

Carrot and Pudding aren't even in the top 20. lol

Pudding is lower than Carrot. DOUBLE LOL!

Sanji losing to Zoro is hilarious. But Carrot not being in the Top 20, yet still higher than Pudding, isn't so bad considering how much y'all talk about how Carrot never does anything. ;D

Imagine if she did do more!

EDIT: Where did Pedro rank?

Man God

Non-Canon Member
What if she alters her own memories to hate Sanji again!

The sky is the limit with the queen of One Piece, but since Carrot has been busy Pudding will have to do!

NSESN

Sanji losing to Zoro is hilarious. But Carrot not being in the Top 20, yet still higher than Pudding, isn't so bad considering how much y'all talk about how Carrot never does anything. ;D

Imagine if she did do more!

EDIT: Where did Pedro rank?

I blame furries.

Ray Down

Banned
You don't need to do much to get popular looking at the likes of Marco and Reiju (all she did was talk about Sanji kindness and wish to die) are so high.

Vinsmokes Brothers not even in the top 50 is fucking great.

LotusHD

Banned
Pedro was 62. Gangster Gastino was much higher.

Poor Pedro, but unsurprising, dude is bland as hell.

You don't need to do much to get popular looking at the likes of Marco and Reiju (all she did was talk about Sanji kindness and wish to die) are so high.

Vinsmokes Brothers not even in the top 50 is fucking great.

Reiju is the best Vinsmoke, they needed at least one representative to be popular.

Reiju is great. That Pineapple being so high though really stinks.

Pineapple? Oh, Marco. Cool DF, nuff said.

I just want her to pick a side at this point. Even if it's her own side...just pick one already.

The arc will end soon enough lol

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I just want her to pick a side at this point. Even if it's her own side...just pick one already.

Well, this is literally the first time she might heel-turn though. It's not like she's been a spinning top this whole arc, she's just been playing the good guys the whole time.

I don't why ppl are laughing anyway I was under the assumption sanji would drop lower because he's been ragged on all arc guess that wasn't the case. Still waiting for zoro to outdo luffy one day it'll happen

LotusHD

Banned
Well, this is literally the first time she might heel-turn though. It's not like she's been a spinning top this whole arc, she's just been playing the good guys the whole time.

True, but from our perspective, we're tired of the games lmao

I don't why ppl are laughing anyway I was under the assumption sanji would drop lower because he's been ragged on all arc guess that wasn't the case. Still waiting for zoro to outdo luffy one day it'll happen

Is Luffy the only big shounen protagonist that has always been at #1 in these things?

daveo42

Banned

Well...
She was "good" helping the SHs
But she was really helping Big Mom so they could get to Sanji and the Vinsmokes
But she also has a tragic backstory with Lola that has yet to be fully fleshed out (could be the persecution over her third-eye now that I think about it)
And she's persecuted cause she's got an extra eye
And her ability to read the poneglyphs seems to be one of the only reason Big Mom keeps her around
And she was touched by Sanji saying he liked her one eye
But she also hated it and told everyone as much
But she also wants to save Sanji thanks to the eye stuff

I'd be fine with her playing her own side from the start, which would make some sense. It's more the perception of turns when there aren't really any because the person she probably cares for the most in all of this is herself.

I find Pudding more interesting than Carrot, but I just find it funny because it trolls the Pudding stans in this thread. >.>

Reiju is the best Vinsmoke, they needed at least one representative to be popular.
Not by much. Reiju has hardly anything to her character.
All the Vinsmokes are kinda meh and underwhelming tbh

caliph95

I find Pudding more interesting than Carrot, but I just find it funny because it trolls the Pudding stans in this thread. >.>

Not by much. Reiju has hardly anything to her character.
All the Vinsmokes are kinda meh and underwhelming tbh
But Reiju is hot and has something close to a nuanced character at least compare to her brothers

Ogodei

After revealing that she got picked on for her eye i knew she was going to have some kind of turn. She wouldn't stick around on team evil with a backstory like that unless she was the main villain.

It's not like Senor Pink, whose tragic backstory was caused by his being a liar and his unwillingness to give up villainy.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Part of the reason Carrot is so good is that she doesn't have any baggage. She's just here for adventure and carrots.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Well...
She was "good" helping the SHs
But she was really helping Big Mom so they could get to Sanji and the Vinsmokes
But she also has a tragic backstory with Lola that has yet to be fully fleshed out (could be the persecution over her third-eye now that I think about it)
And she's persecuted cause she's got an extra eye
And her ability to read the poneglyphs seems to be one of the only reason Big Mom keeps her around
And she was touched by Sanji saying he liked her one eye
But she also hated it and told everyone as much
But she also wants to save Sanji thanks to the eye stuff

I'd be fine with her playing her own side from the start, which would make some sense. It's more the perception of turns when there aren't really any because the person she probably cares for the most in all of this is herself.

When you put it all that way it's pretty clear she's in it for herself. Given her supposed ability to read the ponyglyphs, I don't think she joins the Straw Hats, but forges out on her own somehow.

Who knows, with her ability she could well make Big Mom her subordinate given the opportunity. And she'll have one when that cake gets made and Big Mom goes to eat it.

There's still too many moving pieces to see how this all ends.

LotusHD

Banned
When you put it all that way it's pretty clear she's in it for herself. Given her supposed ability to read the ponyglyphs, I don't think she joins the Straw Hats, but forges out on her own somehow.

Who knows, with her ability she could well make Big Mom her subordinate given the opportunity. And she'll have one when that cake gets made and Big Mom goes to eat it.

There's still too many moving pieces to see how this all ends.

I don't see her striking out on her own, and I definitely do not see her sneakily controlling Big Mom through her powers. Then even I would have to agree with those currently upset as to how Big Mom has been portrayed if they went that route.

For the striking out on her own part however, at least there's a precedent due to Lola doing just that, but I can't see it. Her family isn't even mad at her anymore, as they've left her to go make the cake. And between the cake and her 3rd eye, Big Mom would easily forgive her failure as well. It'd be just weird for her to accompany the Straw Hats, and then just be dumped somewhere; why not just stick with them if you're gonna leave with them? Doesn't seem to want to join Capone and co. either.

Overall it seems silly that the Straw Hats would serve as a catalyst that would make her leave, especially if it's because of Sanji's compliment. She seems like the type of person that would just suck it up, at least for now.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I don't see her striking out on her own, and I definitely do not see her sneakily controlling Big Mom through her powers. Then even I would have to agree with those currently upset as to how Big Mom has been portrayed if they went that route.

For the striking out on her own part however, at least there's a precedent due to Lola doing just that, but I can't see it. Her family isn't even mad at her anymore, as they've left her to go make the cake. And between the cake and her 3rd eye, Big Mom would easily forgive her failure as well. It'd be just weird for her to accompany the Straw Hats, and then just be dumped somewhere; why not just stick with them if you're gonna leave with them? Doesn't seem to want to join Capone and co. either.

Overall it seems silly that the Straw Hats would serve as a catalyst that would make her leave, especially if it's because of Sanji's compliment. She seems like the type of person that would just suck it up, at least for now.

We're still relatively unsure about her motivations or end goal though. She's got a potent devil's fruit and an in-born ability people would kill for.

I seriously doubt she joins the Straw Hats, she doesn't bring anything to the table that they need. Outside of that though, pretty much anything can happen.

Top Bottom