• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT3| Anything You Can Gum I Can Gum Better

Ray Down

Banned
More time in the Whole Cake arc guarantees more time for Pudding!

lBYwEDm.gif

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I mean yeah, there's probably going to be a slight break in serious Pudding while they deal with running from Big Mom and freeing the Sunny but she's probably got at least two or three heavy episodes of her and Sanji and Chiffon making that cake.

Ray Down

Banned
Normally we got 14 chapters for the rest of the year, but with Oda breaks that may be from 12 - 10 and maybe it's just me but I don't know if Oda can end it in this amount of time.

Ya'll gotta get off these stupid communities. I just quit a few GAF ones a little while ago cause all they were were people talking about how things suck. Don't need the negativity, DON'T NEED IT. Got enough in my life without setting aside dedicated time to read people calling the things I do for fun trash.
Just seeing this but amen my gaming side time decreases every day

Euphony

Banned

It's the same with me too. Several years ago when I first started lurking on NeoGAF before getting an account, I mainly spent my time in the Gaming side but I gradually started to spend more time in OT. Now I'm mostly in OT and the communities, even if I don't participate most of the time.

caliph95

People thought OT can be negative besides some of the more political stuff gaming side is worse, communities at least the ones I go to tend to be fine but gaming just makes me depressed and ruin my enjoyment of games Like

People thought OT can be negative besides some of the more political stuff gaming side is worse, communities at least the ones I go to tend to be fine but gaming just makes me depressed and ruin my enjoyment of games Like
Communities have been the best in my opinion.

Like this one my nakama

Nicolada

It's the same with me too. Several years ago when I first started lurking on NeoGAF before getting an account, I mainly spent my time in the Gaming side but I gradually started to spend more time in OT. Now I'm mostly in OT and the communities, even if I don't participate most of the time.
I ended up on this forum because the previous one I used to post on was overwhelmingly negative in all aspects and I grew sick of it. Gaming side here isn't too bad, but I tend to just post my thought and go rather than read through the entire thread if I see it's gonna be annoying. OT is pretty chill when it isn't being political.

Big One

Banned
Jinbe haters are gonna turn a new leaf once Jinbe gets his signature tragic backstory that all the other Strawhats have, lol. Robin joined the crew without seeing her backstory initially, and Jinbe in due time will get his as well.

Jinbe haters are gonna turn a new leaf once Jinbe gets his signature tragic backstory that all the other Strawhats have, lol. Robin joined the crew without seeing her backstory initially, and Jinbe in due time will get his as well.

Jinbe already has a backstory though...

Unless you think every Strawhat needs their childhood past to be seen in which case we still haven't seen Brook's yet.

Euphony

Banned

But we already know Jinbei's back story, at least a good portion of it, from the Fishman Island arc

Big One

Banned
But we already know Jinbei's back story, at least a good portion of it, from the Fishman Island arc
That wasn't really his backstory, though. That was Fisher Tiger's. Jinbe doesn't really have anything of his own just yet like the other Strawhats.

Jinbe already has a backstory though...

Unless you think every Strawhat needs their childhood past to be seen in which case we still haven't seen Brook's yet.

There's reason to believe Jinbe has more to his backstory than what was shown at Fishman Island. For instance, his scar under his eye was mysteriously not there during any part of the FI flashback, which would indicate he got it later at some point between then and Marineford which seems odd if it was just a random detail

Big One

Banned
My theory is that Jinbe's backstory will be told in Wano. Jinbe has always worn Japanese-style clothing despite that not really being how most fishmen dress. So I'm curious if he has some sort of ties with the nation in some capacity. Conveniently Jinbe has been away from Luffy's work with the Samurai of Wano so it would makes sense for him not to immediately mention it just yet when he doesn't even truly realize what Luffy's plans are.

Euphony

Banned
That wasn't really his backstory, though. That was Fisher Tiger's. Jinbe doesn't really have anything of his own just yet like the other Strawhats.

I guess you're right, but at this point I'm kind of with blackleg on this one. If there is more backstory on Jinbei it had better be short. I'm content with what we've seen of Jinbe's history so far and I'm not too interested in learning much more. We know about his childhood in an orphanage, his motivation to leave the Fishman Island guard/army to become a pirate under Fisher Tiger, how he coped with the death of Fisher and accepted a position as Shichibukai, and his eventual friendship with Ace and Luffy. A lot of his history is explained and I feel like there's not much more that can significantly add to his backstory.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Fun bits of backstory left dangling, roughly in order:

A couple of Usopp's lies coming true.
Nami's parents, though I think this one will be skipped.
Franky's parents, despite being pretty damn old, this is something that is going to get a call back just like Sanji being from the North Blue originally. There's something here.
Maybe something on Robin's mom's journey. It might not be important enough to go back to.
Sabo's brother. This might happen damn soon.

Top Bottom