• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT3| Anything You Can Gum I Can Gum Better

Metal B

Bonney has a potential considering her possible relationship with Akainu, her age powers meaning she could old as shit and her escape
Even so Bonney has clearly some interesting secrets and relationships surrounding here. I can also see, that Oda has her around to create a "child / old-age"-scenario, similar to Law's body switching gimmick. So that the Strawhats would walk around in different age stages and need to adapt to their new disadvantages.
I can already see a young Zoro, who can't hold his swords, get into a fight with a very old Sanji, who is pissed, that he doesn't look good anymore. Or an old Nami, who can't use her sex appeal, a young Robin, who still has a wired taste and acts very serious, an older Chopper, who feels grown up, an old Lysop, who got very bad eye sight, an old Frankly, who builds himself an badass wheelchair, a young Jinbei, who has problems using his technics with his new physic, an old Luffy, who has a hard time controlling his Gum Gum Powers, since his skin is much more slack, and finally Brook, which is immune to it.
But where could Oda insert such an bizarre story, since there is no space for such an gimmicky scenario?

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Even so Bonney has clearly some interesting secrets and relationships surrounding here. I can also see, that Oda has her around to create a "child / old-age"-scenario, similar to Law's body switching gimmick. So that the Strawhats would walk around in different age stages and need to adapt to their new disadvantages.
I can already see a young Zoro, who can't hold his swords, get into a fight with a very old Sanji, who is pissed, that he doesn't look good anymore. Or an old Nami, who can't use her sex appeal, a young Robin, who still has a wired taste and acts very serious, an older Chopper, who feels grown up, an old Lysop, who got very bad eye sight, an old Frankly, who builds himself an badass wheelchair, a young Jinbei, who has problems using his technics with his new physic, an old Luffy, who has a hard time controlling his Gum Gum Powers, since his skin is much more slack, and finally Brook, which is immune to it.
But where could Oda insert such an bizarre story, since there is no space for such an gimmicky scenario?

The island at the end of the Grand Line. The crew will have to go there at some point, if only to look for clues to lead them to final ponyglyph.

Euphony

Banned

64a4582baf4c45487960071c492000ab.jpg

I haven't watched the movie but seems like it was already done in Film Z by another person with a similar fruit

caliph95

I haven't watched the movie but seems like it was already done in Film Z by another person with a similar fruit
One of Z top officers and Zoro opponent had an ability to reverse time on objects or person so you had kid nami running around and Brook looking the same because he's a skeleton

LotusHD

Banned
Remember when Sanji was going to fight one of the Vinsmokes?

Remember when Nitro was Capone homie.

I'm surprised that there really wasn't any hidden meaning behind that as well.

Remember when pudding was the real mastermind and would dethrone big mom

I can't believe people actually wanted this. Sure, it'd make Pudding look super cool in a sense, but it would utterly ruin Big Mom as a character.

That said, it's fun to think about. Like imagine if Sugar was never a thing (Because no one wants to retread Dressrosa's whole dark secret thing), and Pudding was the secret ruler of Whole Cake Island would would mess with everyone's memories to the point where she could be the shadow leader of the arc.

There had better be. Apart from looking cool and taking out fodder, Conqueror's Haki seems pretty useless.

There still might be a chance that Bonney might be related to Big Mom since we haven't gotten any confirmation she isn't. Who knows, she might show up at the end of this arc.

I doubt it at this point. Maybe she'll appear at Elbaf lol

Remember when all the Vinsmokes had blonde hair?

They looked better with blond hair imo

Remember when Sanji would make BM a cake.

Yes...

Remember when Smoothie was going to do something.

No.

Stop right there, Bonney ain't gonna use her powers like that on the Straw Hats of all people, especially not this late in the game. As far as the Supernovas go, it's all about alliances and what not, but I can't see anyone them being central antagonists to the Straw Hats, especially not Bonney. Well, maybe X Drake.

That said, I just realized Kaido basically has 3 of the Supernovas working for him.

caliph95

I'm still baffled that Basil Hawkins managed to get in the Top 20 of the American Popularity Poll.
He's barely done anything. He fought in Sabaody, offscreened Brownbeard, timeskip happens, joined Kidd and Apoo's alliance, and then disappeared after Kaido appeared.
I guess he looks "cool" and interesting powers. I guess

Remember when luffy would beat big mom this arc without half his crew even tho he needed help with her commander who wasn't even the strongest and now we get to see ppl whine about it....pudding remembers

LotusHD

Banned
Remember when luffy would beat big mom this arc without half his crew even tho he needed help with her commander who wasn't even the strongest and now we get to see ppl whine about it....pudding remembers

If Oda tries anything remotely comedic with Kaido, we are NEVER going to hear the end of it.

caliph95

*Kido passes out drunk or get disinterested die to depression as a joke in early encounter*

OMG KIDO RUINED FOREVER, ODA' S A HACK FRAUD

Ogodei

Funny thing is i wrote a fanfic about exactly this scenario. Bonney attacks the Straw Hats and de-ages or old-ages everyone except Usopp, then it's his job to keep everyone together and get them back to normal. Sanji, Nami, Franky, and Luffy got old while Zoro, Chopper, Robin, and Brook got young.

It got hit hard when the timeskip happened, as i wrote the thing on the idea that they'd get together about two weeks after Marineford.

LotusHD

Banned
Personally I don't have any patience for an arc/bunch of chapters where our protagonists get handicapped like that.

Like imagine how much more dreadful (as a weekly read) Dressrosa would've been if Sugar had touched Luffy.

---

Actually, you know what would've been neat? If Sugar touched Luffy, and then gets knocked out pretty much immediately afterwards. Then the Straw Hats all remember their captain, ball into tears out of shame for forgetting him, etc. etc. Culminating with them reaffirming that he's their captain and the future Pirate King, something like that. Would've been a heartwarming moment imo

Euphony

Banned
Looks like Togashi finally got Dragon Quest 11.

Like Pudding joining the Straw Hats, it was inevitable. We got enough chapters for a volume last year and it's the same this year I guess. Hopefully it's not on hiatus for that long. Berserk and HxH off hiatus at the same time was a beautiful thing.

Top Bottom