• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT3| Anything You Can Gum I Can Gum Better

Nicolada

"Wow I shoulda gone to bed an hour ago"
"Maybe just a couple more minutes and spoilers will be up"
"Oh wow another hour has passed, maybe soon"
"Oh they're out let's spend an hour dissecting and misinterpreting them"
-my life since Enies Lobby

Ray Down

Banned
From Den_Den_Mushi on Oro:
Title: Not Sweet

At the Sunny
Reinforcements keep coming from the mirror
Perospero has restrained Chopper and Brook with candy and they can't move
As his body is being covered in candy, Chopper cries that he doesn't want to turn into sweets
Along comes Luffy and co who are running from BM
Katakuri predicts that his underlings will be defeated by Luffy and co, so he tells them to retreat into the mirror
Perospero makes an iron maiden out of candy, Candy Maiden to attack Luffy
However Luffy breaks it with Red Hawk
Perospero flinches due to Luffy's flames
Katakuri faces off with Luffy
He is stuck between BM and Katakuri
Jinbe starts preparing for them to escape while Luffy takes on Katakuri
Luffy vs Katakuri begins in earnest
Pedro starts to talk to Carrot
Pedro: Carrot don't be surprised by something that's going to happen suddenly
Carrot: Eh?
Pedro: Here's what I think. Luffy and the others are going to bring about the dawn of the world that our clan and Kozuki clan have awaited for the past centuries!
Carrot: Centuries?

Perospero tells his subordinates to surround the coast with battleships
Nami says they can't escape by sailing out normally and prepares a coup de burst
However Perospero covers the ship in candy and prevents it
Pedro attempts to save Luffy and co from this desperate situation
However Perospero notices and restrains him
Pedro uses some bombs that he had been hiding to take Perospero with him
Pedro: Now your magic will come undone! Farewell.
The bomb goes out and Pedro and Perospero are enveloped in flames.

LotusHD

Banned
From Den_Den_Mushi on Oro:
Title: Not Sweet

At the Sunny
Reinforcements keep coming from the mirror
Perospero has restrained Chopper and Brook with candy and they can't move
As his body is being covered in candy, Chopper cries that he doesn't want to turn into sweets
Along comes Luffy and co who are running from BM
Katakuri predicts that his underlings will be defeated by Luffy and co, so he tells them to retreat into the mirror
Perospero makes an iron maiden out of candy, Candy Maiden to attack Luffy
However Luffy breaks it with Red Hawk
Perospero flinches due to Luffy's flames
Katakuri faces off with Luffy
He is stuck between BM and Katakuri
Jinbe starts preparing for them to escape while Luffy takes on Katakuri
Luffy vs Katakuri begins in earnest
Pedro starts to talk to Carrot
Pedro: Carrot don't be surprised by something that's going to happen suddenly
Carrot: Eh?
Pedro: Here's what I think. Luffy and the others are going to bring about the dawn of the world that our clan and Kozuki clan have awaited for the past centuries!
Carrot: Centuries?

Perospero tells his subordinates to surround the coast with battleships
Nami says they can't escape by sailing out normally and prepares a coup de burst
However Perospero covers the ship in candy and prevents it
Pedro attempts to save Luffy and co from this desperate situation
However Perospero notices and restrains him
Pedro uses some bombs that he had been hiding to take Perospero with him
Pedro: Now your magic will come undone! Farewell.
The bomb goes out and Pedro and Perospero are enveloped in flames.

Pedro low-key giving Carrot a route to become further fleshed out in the future, stay woke

Does anyone here want Pedro to die? I kind of do. Nothing against the guy, but with King Baum tanking so many hits, the balance must be restored. Everyone's saying this arc could use some deaths on our side, he'd be the perfect candidate. Baum can be excused due to being a Homie, but Pedro surviving seems like a total Pell scenario if I've ever seen one. I guess him dying would mean Perospero would probably also die though... I dunno, I guess he could protect himself.

Also are Luffy and Katakuri fighting on the goddamn ship? So reckless if so...

Ray Down

Banned
Pedro low-key giving Carrot a route to become further fleshed out in the future, stay woke

Does anyone here want Pedro to die? I kind of do. Nothing against the guy, but with King Baum tanking so many hits, the balance must be restored. Everyone's saying this arc could use some deaths on our side, he'd be the perfect candidate. Baum can be excused due to being a Homie, but Pedro surviving seems like a total Pell scenario if I've ever seen one. I guess him dying would mean Perospero would probably also die though... I dunno, I guess he could protect himself.

I could just be low key soliaque of Pedro remarking that Luffy is again what they be waiting for like Neko and Dogstorm not just a nakama thing could be like a fleet thing and thats if he dies

I just really don't care about Pedro one way or another

LotusHD

Banned
I could just be low key soliaque of Pedro remarking that Luffy is again what they be waiting for like Neko and Dogstorm not just a nakama thing could be like a fleet thing and thats if he dies

I just really don't care about Pedro one way or another

True, but even going with that, then it could easily snowball into a scenario where Carrot deeply believes in Luffy just like the rest of the Straw Hats. Anyways, I don't want to really get into it before the chapter actually comes out, just pointing out that it's interesting that his presumably last words were to her, while keeping in mind that Oda likes to play the long game and what not.

I don't care about him either, I just feel like he'd be a good fit to die, but I highly doubt Oda will go through with it.

Ray Down

Banned
True, but even going with that, then it could easily snowball into a scenario where Carrot deeply believes in Luffy just like the rest of the Straw Hats. Anyways, I don't want to really get into it before the chapter actually comes out, just pointing out that it's interesting that his presumably last words were to her, while keeping in mind that Oda likes to play the long game and what not.

I don't care about him either, I just feel like he'd be a good fit to die, but I highly doubt Oda will go through with it.

Oda also likes to subvert fans all the time just look at the cake stuff and how pissed people were :p

I just wouldn't jump to it yet considering there very little context and it still isn't much to her character at least compared, don't want people to get there hopes ups unlike the countless times before in the fandom.

Pell was built up to be perfect way to die he didn't same with Bon Clay so I doubt it.

LotusHD

Banned
Oda also likes to subvert fans all the time just look at the cake stuff and how pissed people were :p

I just wouldn't jump to it yet considering there very little context and it still isn't much to her character at least compared, don't want people to get there hopes ups unlike the countless times before in the fandom.

Pell was built up to be perfect way to die he didn't same with Bon Clay so I doubt it.

My hopes are always up though concerning Carrot. It's fun to look at every little thing with that in mind, she's the only potential member (aside from Jimbe for obvious reasons) I've taken this seriously, no point in stopping now. Also what is exactly is being subverted here? Even if she doesn't one day join, I think it's a decent assumption to think that this will lead to further characterization for her.

And yea, Bentham ain't die, Pedro'll be fine.

Also fighting against Katakuri will make it slightly more plausible that Luffy will beat Kaido, stay woke

Ray Down

Banned
My hopes are always up though concerning Carrot. It's fun to look at every little thing with that in mind, she's the only potential member (aside from Jimbe for obvious reasons) I've taken this seriously, no point in stopping now. Also what is exactly is being subverted here? Even if she doesn't one day join, I think it's a decent assumption to think that this will lead to further characterization for her.

And yea, Bentham ain't die, Pedro'll be fine.

Also fighting against Katakuri will make it slightly more plausible that Luffy will beat Kaido, stay woke

I would say by the chapter alot of people first reactions are Carrot is joining are jumping to much when Oda could just have her be the captain of like the mink fleet.

I mostly brought it up cause people jump to conclusions and aren't trolling joking like we do here.

LotusHD

Banned
I would say by the chapter alot of people first reactions are Carrot is joining are jumping to much when Oda could just have her be the captain of like the mink fleet.

I mostly brought it up cause people jump to conclusions and aren't trolling joking like we do here.

Well as someone who obviously would love for her to join, I ain't gonna stop em lmao

Just like you'd probably look the other if it was Pudding. (I would too)

At the end of the day, we're all chill for the most part in this particular thread, so all good.

Ray Down

Banned
Well as someone who obviously would love for her to join, I ain't gonna stop em lmao

Just like you'd probably look the other if it was Pudding. (I would too)

At the end of the day, we're all chill for the most part in this particular thread, so all good.

I don't think I argued Pudding joining since half way in the last thread

Now I just see her as a tag along like Law and Momo till a certain point for the most part.

LotusHD

Banned
I don't think I argued Pudding joining since half way in the last thread

Now I just see her as a tag along like Law and Momo till a certain point for the most part.

Really? Honestly if she comes with them, I'm assuming she's joining. Only person I could see pulling her away from that is either Chiffon or Lola.

EDIT:

The feels

a05490L_700b.jpg

jercruz

Pedro :(

I think it would benefit him if he has the Bomu Bomu no Mi, since he like to blow himself up.

As it is, the current owner of that fruit is just wasting its potential.

He's not dead, he inherited the Will of P like Pell and Pagaya before him

DEAD.

I seriously can't stop laughing. Oh god.

of course they are not dead, watch them being a little bit rustled and with a bit of smoke but they'll survive. Reminds me of Barto against the explosion guy in dressrosa

Ray Down

Banned
Since B-Leg asked just go by my posts to Lotus and this one, I would still say that this still isn't enough considering it wasn't even enough for Pedro, when said stuff can still continue and considering her and pedro lack of development compared to previous nakamas that joined I still see this as them being followers and just leading the mink fleet.

Besides the inherited will would feel better if it came from someone like Wanda who was shown to be closer and stuff to Carrot then Pedro (despite the fact he most likely still alive) and it seems more like a thing that the minks themselves have been waiting for not just Pedro.

So I really doubt this chapter will really sway anyone one way or another.

INB4 Pedro attempt did jack shit, candy armor of some shit.

And stuff from the third volume thing:
Sabo has a pretty low bounty imo of 602,000,000

LotusHD

Banned
I probably wouldn't use a gif were Luffy almost dies.

Spoilers are an addictive poison though!

Image of Lotus reading spoilers
latest

Heh, correct.

Since B-Leg asked just go by my posts to Lotus and this one, I would still say that this still isn't enough considering it wasn't even enough for Pedro, when said stuff can still continue and considering her and pedro lack of development compared to previous nakamas that joined I still see this as them being followers and just leading the mink fleet.

Besides the inherited will would feel better if it came from someone like Wanda who was shown to be closer and stuff to Carrot then Pedro (despite the fact he most likely still alive) and it seems more like a thing that the minks themselves have been waiting for not just Pedro.

So I really doubt this chapter will really sway anyone one way or another.

INB4 Pedro attempt did jack shit, candy armor of some shit.

And stuff from the third volume thing:
Sabo has a pretty low bounty imo of 602,000,000

I mean, Pedro's the only other Mink around though. Also it's not like Wanda is the only one that knew Carrot anyways; neither should closeness really matter all that much for this context. Anyways, it's whatever, throwing it on the top of the pile once I see the chapter.

Also that bounty is weak af lol

And yet... it makes sense.

Ray Down

Banned
I mean, Pedro's the only other Mink around though. Also it's not like Wanda is the only one that knew Carrot anyways; neither should closeness really matter all that much for this context. Anyways, it's whatever, throwing it on the top of the pile once I see the chapter.

Also that bounty is weak af lol

And yet... it makes sense.

At least for the inherited will stuff most of the time the two are at least shown to be really close when a character dies just like with Ace and his will being inherited by both his brothers and Jinbei carrying on Fisher tigers since they brothers and even further helped with Jimbei working with humans even when he was stated he can be just as ruthless as Arlong and the Mer Family carrying on there mothers will.

Bounty makes sense though i wonder if it takes in to account Dressrosa

Also fuck this chapter because no more Pudding fanart due to this for 2 weeks.

Ray Down

Banned
Oh just accept ya fate ray why waste panels of something he already said before and specifically to carrot

To give more info an build up on this Dawn thing Pedro, the minks and Wano have been waiting for to belive in the strawhats like plenty of other have said, not to just give Carrot someone kind of emotional investment from someone else rather then her doing it herself is kinda shallow and poor for someone who would join the crew? Now leading the Mink fleet and other stuff sure.

And this is all from shit that has little context still so people need to press the brakes on this since now it just comes off as confirmation bias.

And then thats if he even dies which probably won't be the case since there just be a corpse smoldering on the sunny, so him turning up alive most likely would just make it even more about believing in the strawhats rather then some IW.

It's probably because it has been a long time since Pedro or any of the Minks have said something like that. Oda likes to remind readers of his characters' names and motivations if they haven't been recently relevant. Which makes sense in a story as crowded as One Piece. There should also be reasonable build-up to a plot-twist like this.

Pedro says this to Carrot because they are fellow brethren and this is the reason why they came to the arc, not because Carrot herself is special in any way. All it implies is that they must be allies, not specifically crewmates. Carrot not having a tragic backstory or any real emotional motivations up to this point inhibit her from having this development affect her in a major way. It is possible that this may enrage her or something, but I doubt it. And unlike the other Straw Hats, she is neither a focal point of Totland nor Wano Country.

Don't get cocky Ash Urouge boy, remember the last time you made bets or the last time you made a stake at this arc swearing there be no cake :p

New Figures:
DIfpsYpXgAAqQdE.jpg

DIfWDTHXUAAL1IC.jpg

DIfTfqXVYAAopxH.jpg

Really like the Croc one.

LotusHD

Banned
Pudding figures need to show off that 3rd eye already

Hey I didn't bet on the cake Lol
Just get ready for the L ard

Like damn, all we saying is, oh look, more stuff for the pile, let's see if this thread goes somewhere in Wano. Lol, ironically you way more into it than us Ray

Ray Down

Banned
Blame that there nothing to do at work, been sitting here for 2 hours with nothingto do waiting for a meeting.

Lol all them paragraphs bouta lose this bet

Hey I didn't bet on the cake Lol
Just get ready for the L ard

I doubt I'll lose been good so far this arc and you bet on ash :p

And I'm saying you were aganist it saying it wouldn't happend you and Lotus by the way and were wrong not that you were for it :p

Pudding figures need to show off that 3rd eye already

Give me a 3 eyes showing with Wedding dress figurine.

aBarreras

some time ago my brother was watching the anime and this mink-jaguar-lion was appearing, i thought i was pedro, but it turned out he had a different name, do you guys who he was? there was 2 very similiar feline minks?

Top Bottom