• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT3| Anything You Can Gum I Can Gum Better

Euphony

Banned
New Figures:

Really like the Croc one.

Part of me says I don't need any more figures because I'm running out of space, but another side of me wants that Pudding figure. I think I'll pass though
mostly because my I already paid for my Kat figma and I don't want to go crazy with buying more.

Oda might do something interesting with the artificial Zoan division of Kaido's army to spice things up as well.
Well we've already seen some of them they aren't much

The gifters
latest

There should be a chimera fruit.
Now stuff like this will get me interested

Just reminded me kaidos crew will be all zoans..meh that's gonna be boring my least fav type(unless he got some mythical ones)

I don't doubt Oda will go crazy with the fruits there. I mean, Jack was a Mammoth and X-Drake is a goddamn T-Rex. It'll only get crazier in terms of designs.

Plus, Zoan users tend to have some of the coolest fights in the series as evidenced by Enies Lobby.

I don't doubt Oda will go crazy with the fruits there. I mean, Jack was a Mammoth and X-Drake is a goddamn T-Rex. It'll only get crazier in terms of designs.

Plus, Zoan users tend to have some of the coolest fights in the series as evidenced by Enies Lobby.
And he's still so damn lame. Marco and sengoku are the only zoans that have been interesting to me

And he's still so damn lame. Marco and sengoku are the only zoans that have been interesting to me

Sengoku's fruit is really interesting to me in that it's less a mythological beast and more a mythological entity. It's honestly they type of fruit I'm expecting Kaido to have which is why I'm leaning towards him having an oni fruit rather than a dragon one.

Sengoku's fruit is really interesting to me in that it's less a mythological beast and more a mythological entity. It's honestly they type of fruit I'm expecting Kaido to have which is why I'm leaning towards him having an oni fruit rather than a dragon one.
Yea it's essentially a higher form of choppers fruit. Which makes me wonder if they're other forms of deity fruits

He did more than Gohan.

Blame Super for not doing anything with them.

They should be way Stronger than Krillen, 18, Tien & Piccolo if they continued training.
Gohan got his glory and hero moment actually he got plenty they didn't treat gohan like a little kid his entire run either

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Gohan might always get dunked on during his hero moments, even his clear victory is still a very near defeat.

That being said, people know who he is. His name rings out in the streets. Ain't nobody talking about Goten.

LotusHD

Banned
Watching Episode of East Blue, imagine how Sanji and Zoro's relationship might've changed if Sanji witnessed Zoro eating that kid's food off the ground lol

EDIT:

Never noticed the parallels Gin and Pudding shared.

EDIT 2:

Bellemere was such a damn good character, fuck Arlong. Also on a random note, B-Leg, how popular on a scale of 1-10 is that Rindou girl from Shokugeki?

EDIT 3:

Finished the special. Damn the Arlong arc was truly amazing, not that I needed that much of a reminder. Seeing Nami stab herself repeatedly again, as well as the scene where Luffy gives her his hat got me reminiscing hard af. I loved this special, such a good condensation of why I love One Piece.

Kreed

One Piece 877:

I didn't know I wanted to see Luffy fight another rubber opponent until this chapter (Carrot's comments, Dogtooth and Luffy's arms snapping back). It's not surprising that Pedro sacrificed himself as Oda has been throwing hints around with his character, but it didn't seem necessary for Pedro to blow himself up. I do hope Big Mom's crew has "traditional" battles with the Straw Hats in the future. Their unique powers would be fun to see the Straw Hats overcome when they aren't "running away".

Good to see Amande after all this time.

And Perospero has a higher bounty than Sabo. Stay losing Golden Boy.

Oh, and Sai is getting his ass kicked. This was a good chapter. FAR better than last week.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Oda keeping that cliffhanger game strong. Yeah it's likely Pedro will "survive" but god damn. Who knows, maybe Oda will actually go through with it.

Stream needs to shape up with Katakuri's name or get out. It's going to be extra humiliating when the anime gets to him and they're the only ones that get his name wrong.

It's weird how his fruit is a Paramecia. Though apparently it's a "Special Paramecia". And yeah, he is a perfect match for Luffy, wow.

*looks at Sai cover story* And people say Oda doesn't have distinct female faces

Metal B

Nobody is sad about Pedro? I really liked the guy and his serious attitude. If Oda actually keeps him dead, I could see a touching funeral after they return.
It's weird how his fruit is a Paramecia. Though apparently it's a "Special Paramecia". And yeah, he is a perfect match for Luffy, wow.
I don't think, that they will have a fight. Katakuri is just a subordinate and Luffy has to take down Big Mom. Therefore he would a great challenge for Zoro to give him a serious Luffy fight without fighting his own captain. Or maybe even Lysop, who would have a rematch with Luffy (again without actually fighting him) and maybe finds a crazy way around him looking into the future.

Usobuko

Banned
I can't even be sad for Ace because of how long and drawn out the MarineFord arc was.

The closest I feel sad about anything in One Piece is Skypiea arc where all the descendants fought hard to prove that their ancestors meeting wasn't a lie. Their ancestors had a damn good backstory to boot too.

Big One

Banned
Hrm what if Pedro dies, but the remainder of his soul goes inside the Homie that houses the soul that Big Mom stole from it? It could be like a Devil Fruit thing, as well as give a bit exposition on how souls work in the series. Maybe that Scarecrow Pedro theory could ring true.

LotusHD

Banned
Good chapter. Perospero's bounty shocked me, but makes sense considering his versatility. It does kind of sting that it is higher than Sabo's though lmao

Will also be interesting seeing where Carrot goes from here. Had a noticeably bigger reaction panel, on top of Pedro's last words to her.

And good luck to getting Katakuri off of that ship. He's annoying af lol

As for Pedro, kinda hope the death sticks tbh, Pedro is the perfect candidate after all, where we can say a Yonko arc had at least one casualty on our side I suppose. But also because he literally survived the same suicide attempt the first time due to Chopper, and we already had King Baum survive a lot of shit. He had a death wish from Day 1, so just... grant it.

One Piece 877:

I didn't know I wanted to see Luffy fight another rubber opponent until this chapter (Carrot's comments, Dogtooth and Luffy's arms snapping back). It's not surprising that Pedro sacrificed himself as Oda has been throwing hints around with his character, but it didn't seem necessary for Pedro to blow himself up. I do hope Big Mom's crew has "traditional" battles with the Straw Hats in the future. Their unique powers would be fun to see the Straw Hats overcome when they aren't "running away".

It kinda was in order to get rid of Perospero quickly, break off the candy that was preventing the shop from being able to burst away, and
plant the seeds for Carrot's future characterization.

Nobody is sad about Pedro? I really liked the guy and his serious attitude. If Oda actually keeps him dead, I could see a touching funeral after they return.

I don't think, that they will have a fight. Katakuri is just a subordinate and Luffy has to take down Big Mom. Therefore he would a great challenge for Zoro to give him a serious Luffy fight without fighting his own captain. Or maybe even Lysop, who would have a rematch with Luffy (again without actually fighting him) and maybe finds a crazy way around him looking into the future.

Zoro would fight Smoothie if anything.

Big Mom's soul powers can't revive the dead, can they? I think that was said a while back.

So we can't do the whole "Pedro dies but is revived somehow" scenario.

I'd prefer it if the death stuck, especially since we know his lifespan was running out anyway.

Top Bottom