• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT3| Anything You Can Gum I Can Gum Better

Chopper and Brook can't even beat perospero(not that I thought they would take out either of them) but I didn't expect them to get rekt either except from katakuri

What are the strawhats gonna do

Daingurse

Add "lighting a bomb" to the list of cool things a One Piece character does while smoking.

Smoking is bad Oda!

Oda:

You_3d6600_1315566.jpg

LotusHD

Banned
I'm well aware of your stance on this, man. I don't agree with you. We'll just have to wait and see who's right!

That's the spirit!

It's just because her character is unusually simple for One Piece so everyone expects a surprise betrayal or tragic backstory.

Of course the simplest answer might be that Carrot was never meant to be this big of a character but Oda threw her into this arc due to her surprising popularity.

Threw her into this arc because of popularity? What popularity did Carrot have before the chapter where she was revealed to be a stowaway?

Or just since the crew is cut in half for now have more people to work with.

Or people working with the Straw Hats like Lola, Zoro buddy bounty hunters, Bart, Cavendish

Or since the fleet is a thing she can just be a commander.

Let's not get caught up in debating this shit, especially for the 2 weeks coming.

I could never see Carrot as a Commander, sounds nonsensical considering her personality.

Was gonna say something about carrot but I don't want a paragraph sent my way very passionate

Perospero's bounty caught me off guard her crew is legit full of monsters it's terrifying

Strawhats need a hyperbolic time chamber

Right? Like it makes sense, but damn lol

I was really taken aback, but he has been doing some serious work with his Devil Fruit. The Pero Pero no Mi is a pretty deadly power. And like you said, Big Mom's crew is stacked with monsters.

He's up there with Doffy in terms of DF versatility.

It wasn't necessary for him to blow himself up to do that. Tamago was one thing, but looking at how Perospero barely even tried to get away once he saw the explosives/knew what Pedro was going to do, there's nothing in the chapter that shows Pedro couldn't have used explosives and gotten away.

I dunno, guess we'll see lol

i just don't get the direction this arc is going

No one does (except for the cake theory I guess), that's what makes this arc exciting!

Katakuri telling the lower guys to run because of luffys king haki was so cool

Katakuri: "I got this."

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Wonder how the hell Luffy's gonna beat Blackbeard if he does indeed obtain a 3rd DF ability
I think he already has one.

A chimera/Cerberus mythical Zoan, which allows him to have up to 3 devil fruits. Explains the jolly roger

I think he already has one.

A chimera/Cerberus mythical Zoan, which allows him to have up to 3 devil fruits. Explains the jolly roger

I figured we was going to go after Marco for that. Not sure if he has it yet.

I've been assuming he can just have multiple DF's and they weren't going to explain it much more than that.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Igaram - Alive after (not actually) being blown up.
Pell - Alive after actually being blown up by a bomb that was designed to level a couple of city blocks.
Everyone who got zorched by Enel - Alive.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
C'mon guys Pedro is dead.

I know you want to use past explosions to justify it but let's compare.

Pedro - exploded on land
Pell - exploded in air
Pagaya (sp?) - exploded on sea

It's a scientific fact you can out fly an explosion or jump into the sea just before an explosion. Thus explaining how they survived.

But what can you do on land? Dig underground? C'mon!

RIP in peace!

NSESN

I agree with Bishop and Ray. Monet is dead to me because it was so much time ago that I don't think it will matter if she is alive, Pedro tho was used for cliffhanger when thre is a skip week, so something will definitely happen and he will end up being alive.

Ray Down

Banned
I doubt we are skipping the baking, too much hijinks can't be skipped.

Need more Tsundere Pudding as I can get.

And shipping material.

Besides Sanji needing more time to shine, maybe Germa will keep fucking the pig and try to take Pudding.

The main reason why I think Pedro might be dead is because we had a number of times earlier this arc setting up Pedro dying.

But Oda could always Oda it and have Pedro be just fine.

You know thinking about it I know it's a joke but the only two legit times where I really felt like aye that's bullshit they should be dead is G5 and the gas and skypiea(the entire arc lol)
Pell whatever no visible proof yada yada
Ingram we all know how he survived.
Ppl keep putting bon clay up there but I don't think he fits with those situations

LotusHD

Banned
The main reason why I think Pedro might be dead is because we had a number of times earlier this arc setting up Pedro dying.

But Oda could always Oda it and have Pedro be just fine.

I agree. He likely didn't die, but at the same time, he already pulled this gimmick before, along with the whole death wish thing, so while he probably didn't die, I would not be surprised if he actually did.

You know thinking about it I know it's a joke but the only two legit times where I really felt like aye that's bullshit they should be dead is G5 and the gas and skypiea(the entire arc lol)
Pell whatever no visible proof yada yada
Ingram we all know how he survived.
Ppl keep putting bon clay up there but I don't think he fits with those situations

Did anyone important in G5 even get petrified? Because honestly, if not, then who cares lol

I agree. He likely didn't die, but at the same time, he already pulled this gimmick before, along with the whole death wish thing, so while he probably didn't die, I would not be surprised if he actually did.

Did anyone important in G5 even get petrified? Because honestly, if not, then who cares lol
Not a single soul worth caring about no

Chopper and Brook can't even beat perospero(not that I thought they would take out either of them) but I didn't expect them to get rekt either except from katakuri

What are the strawhats gonna do

I mean, I didn't expect Perospero to have a bounty that high in the first place but yeah, right now I can only see a few of the Strawhats, namely the monster trio and Jinbe, lasting in a fight against the strongest members of Big Mom's crew, not even including her commanders.

I am confused about one thing in regards to devil fruit users though. Katakuri's fruit is a logia, if I'm not mistaken. In one of this chapter's panels, Luffy uses Hawk Gatling which seems to go through Katakuri but not do any damage. Way back in Marineford, Marco and Vista attacked Akainu with what I infer to be a Haki infused attack but much like Katakuri, the attack seemingly went through him and didn't damage him at all.

Can high level Logia users simply dodge attacks in their elemental forms or is there some I'm not catching on to?

Top Bottom