• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT3| Anything You Can Gum I Can Gum Better

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Bounty's also just mean how much shit you've pulled in front of the WG/how badly they want you. Bart had a high bounty for a rookie because he went around murdering innocents and picking fights with the navy. Same with Kid. Usopp has such a high bounty because Don Flamingo put him in a group with some other heavyweights. Robin had a very high bounty for a little kid because they wanted her dead. Sabo's bounty is high because of his position as a revolutionary and the threat he poses to them. He probably hasn't even done anything heinous or bad ass. Because he's a loser.

i find quite incredible that bounties still choke people to this day,

it is great.

but also kinda funny when back in east blue there were pirates that had like a bounty of a few millions and they fell like king of the world, lol
lol remember those days?

Pulls out a sheet all proudly.."you see this I'm worth 8 million"

Back on jaya they were shitting bricks because luffy had a 100mil bounty

caliph95

I don't why ppl are all upset about that big mom pirates have been around a long time and dude clearly ain't no pushover

Sabo doesn't get a high bounty just by association with dragon(but than again that's probably exactly why he has that bounty in the first place)
Just noticed your edit but they only have a difference of 100 million they probably considered Pero more important since he's high up than Sabo while strong is not as important

I still wish Oda showed off the Yonko bounties. Sure they're pointless considering no bounty hunter would even attempt going after them but it would be cool to see.

Ogodei

Bounty's also just mean how much shit you've pulled in front of the WG/how badly they want you. Bart had a high bounty for a rookie because he went around murdering innocents and picking fights with the navy. Same with Kid. Usopp has such a high bounty because Don Flamingo put him in a group with some other heavyweights. Robin had a very high bounty for a little kid because they wanted her dead. Sabo's bounty is high because of his position as a revolutionary and the threat he poses to them. He probably hasn't even done anything heinous or bad ass. Because he's a loser.

Your bounty's proportionate to the threat you pose. Powerful but well-behaved people pose less threat, hence why Kidd's bounty was the highest of the Supernovas because he went out of his way to cause death and destruction. Less-powerful but politically charged figures also warrant high bounties, like how Usopp started off at 30 million just for shooting the flag at Enies Lobby.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
The strawhats are criminally undervalued tho. Mostly because their shit gets covered up

Yep. Alabasta was credited to Smoker, Thriller Bark was covered up, punching the Celestial Dragon.

I can't imagine it will be possible to cover up toppling Whole Cake Chateau and what other chaos will happen this arc

Yep. Alabasta was credited to Smoker, Thriller Bark was covered up, punching the Celestial Dragon.

I can't imagine it will be possible to cover up toppling Whole Cake Chateau and what other chaos will happen this arc
Not to mention Big news morgans and stussy are there(where are they now lol) to report on things

LotusHD

Banned
Lotus ready for Inhumass?

XDoTnDy.gif

I thought this thread was a safe place...

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Your bounty's proportionate to the threat you pose. Powerful but well-behaved people pose less threat, hence why Kidd's bounty was the highest of the Supernovas because he went out of his way to cause death and destruction. Less-powerful but politically charged figures also warrant high bounties, like how Usopp started off at 30 million just for shooting the flag at Enies Lobby.

I'm not remembering Usopp ever having a 30million dollar bounty. Sniper/Soge King, sure.

God Usopp might have the highest bounty debut ever.

ryan13ts

Called the Pedro sacrificing himself thing since the moment we found out he had the majority of his lifespan taken and he didn't have much time left. The only thing that sucks is that Oda already did a fakeout death for him earlier in the arc in his fight with Tamago. Pretty good chapter overall though. I'm still wondering how the hell they're going to bide for time while Sanji bakes a fucking cakes (Unless cakes take like 10 minutes to make in the One Piece world).

Also, I hate to even say it, but these constant breaks are absolutely killing the pacing of the story. It wouldn't be so bad if there wasn't a break two weeks after a break, before which there was a break the week before. It's also destroying the anime too, the show is so close to the manga now that they're having to stretch scenes thinner than a G-String lost up Big Mom's ass. It'd just be nice to not have a break after we already came off two so soon is all I'm saying.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
It feels weird that Dragon's right hand man has a low bounty in comparison to most of Big Mom's top commanders, though.

Pirates don't tend to directly confront the government. They only mess with the government if/when the government crosses paths with them.

The revolutionaries are directly confronting the government as their mission. That's what makes them revolutionaries. You would think the chief of staff would be more wanted than the co-vice captains of a yonkou.

Ray Down

Banned
We don't know how long Sabo been 2nd in command, we very much could have had one before hand.

And Sabo rose to new heights just recently I imagine.

It's my belief he wasn't very into the spotlight until during the two year time skip

Aside from that. He has a higher bounty than luffy does so I don't see the problem that's more weird to me if anything

Top Bottom