• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT3| Anything You Can Gum I Can Gum Better

LotusHD

Banned
I forgot what the answers were, but does anyone here prefer that Pedro actually dies? (Don't bring up that you think he isn't dying, just whetheryou'd prefer that the "death" actually sticks)

NSESN

I forgot what the answers were, but does anyone here prefer that Pedro actually dies? (Don't bring up that you think he isn't dying, just whetheryou'd prefer that the "death" actually sticks)
I prefer nothing. It all depens in how Oda writes it.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
8kfiTAD.gif

lbsa

I do. We had several times someone on the crew acknowledge that BM pirates are no joke, that they can't take it easy or they could all die, etc... Pedro dying would solidify that threat for them and maybe even more importantly for the reader.

Ray Down

Banned
I do. We had several times someone on the crew acknowledge that BM pirates are no joke, that they can't take it easy or they could all die, etc... Pedro dying would solidify that threat for them and maybe even more importantly for the reader.

Them getting their ass beat the whole arc isn't enough?

Ray Down

Banned
Nah death or the arc is a familiar keep up with the one piece community on YouTube and Reddit and stuff ray gosh

This is why I largely like to ignore fandoms alot of the time.

I already have my fill of dumb assertions like STILL thinking Big Mom will go down or Pudding plan other shit.

This is why I largely like to ignore fandoms alot of the time.

I already have my fill of dumb assertions like STILL thinking Big Mom will go down or Pudding plan other shit.
Like I don't get it how many hints y'all need? They Are Not Ready! Than if he asspulls a gear 5th or something to beat big mom they'd be complaining

Them getting their ass beat the whole arc isn't enough?

We need to go deeper.

Honestly, this arc has really done a good job in showing the threat of a antagonistic Yonko. The last few chapters have made Big Mom seem more like a force of nature, an obstacle they must avoid, rather than a viable opponent. Usually in One Piece there's some third party factor like the poison gas in Punk Hazard or Noah in Fishman Island that is the ultimate threat. In this arc though, it's simply Big Mom herself and without any move like Bird Cage to add to it.

Ray Down

Banned
Ochimusha108 is his YT handle.

What did he say about Death in OP? I missed that part.

Yeah he says he isn't a fan of it, he wished it happened more to smaller characters because it weakens when big characters dies and affects his suspense and kinda a detriment. Especially when he goes out of his way to show that people aren't dead like Pell and Bon Clay.

He rather it not be the case, but he respects and wouldn't change what Oda does.

He talked a bunch of stuff may summarize later.

Yeah he says, he wished it happened more to smaller characters because it weakens when big characters dies and affects his suspense. Especially when he goes out of his way to show that people aren't dead like Pell and Bon Clay.

He rather it not be the case, but he respects and wouldn't change what Oda does.

Yeah, I can understand that. For whatever reason, Oda feels there's a reason to put certain characters in fake-out death situations but never goes through with it. lol

Probably to show that one's will to sacrifice everything can supercede imminent death or whatever.

Ray Down

Banned
1. Rather the Straw Hats not have famous Parents specially Zoro and Nami, much more interested in the past of Zoro swords than his family.

2. Kuina is dead, Tashigi only looks like her to have some weird foil to Zoro.

3. Germa will get crushed by Big Mom in this arc and save by cake, but feels the cake may get destroyed.

4. Pudding will decide what way she will go, and turn a new leaf and make up for what she did (he thinks this in the case Pudding is involved with Lola wedding thing) and I imagine will extend to Elbaf.

5. Big Mom coming back or not depends enternally on how this arc goes down. Greg thinks it would be hilarious if Big Mom comes back only to get Sanji as a Chef.

6. Arlong and Ceaser are the most evil characters in the series.

7. Akainu is Stannis from GoT.

8. He's fine with Pudding and how Oda is treating her.

9.He never expected 1-1 fights this arc.

10. He hated 875 the most this arc, felt it was too much like the past chapter before it.

11. Wano isn't happening this year, Oda doesn't meet his schedule again.

12 He feels Carrot won't be a Straw Hat but doesn't discourage those that do, same with shipping.

13. Hates Fishmen Island because the ending fights felt like Bleach.

Should have asked if Sanpu is possible!

Ray Down

Banned
Sub plots to finish:

Cake baking
Sanji and Pudding
Vinsmokes and some resolution with them.
Ceaser
Stussy and the other guests
Luffy vs Katakuri
Something with Pound maybe
Lola maybe
Big Mom rage
Resolution with Big Mom
Something needs to be done with the Bartie.

Am I missing anything?

Top Bottom