• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT3| Anything You Can Gum I Can Gum Better

Man God

Non-Canon Member
THE ALL BLUE IS REAL.

Also people preferring Carrot?

rv2uhEC.gif

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I'm on the why not both train, but Pudding is probably going to be involved a bunch and I see Carrot sticking around.

If I had to choose one...I'd chose Carrot.

Big One

Banned
If Pedro is dead I could see Carrot inheriting his will and joining the crew, yeah. She really doesn't have anywhere else to go and she desires to travel the world as well. What if Pedro's story on Whole Cake Island is Carrot's tragic backstory? It just isn't told in a flashback.

Ray Down

Banned
I'm convinced Greg has some sort of inside info about One Piece in some form or another. He's consistently on the money when it comes to his theories.
Well he meet Oda so he can just have a good idea how he is and how he writes.

Though he's been wrong with Pudding all arc.

His biggest surprise this arc was her in 850 because it was too cliched.

Though like I said he been right enough on where the arc is going with stuff along with nakama stuff.

If Pedro is dead I could see Carrot inheriting his will and joining the crew, yeah. She really doesn't have anywhere else to go and she desires to travel the world as well. What if Pedro's story on Whole Cake Island is Carrot's tragic backstory? It just isn't told in a flashback.
I heard ray punch a wall from here

LotusHD

Banned
You're a good man

I'm hip :D

tumblr_op9xladV0v1rf06h8o1_540.gif

VS

tumblr_olz9e6ojmS1t1yvcko7_400.gif

Nakama wars lol

Lol I'm like Man God in that I'd love to have both... but this ain't a perfect world. Meanwhile Carrot has actually shown that she's capable of fighting (And it's close-range at that, which has always been how I wanted a 3rd female member to fight) whereas Pudding has yet to show any clear offensive capabilities. Like, that is literally all I need to see in order to take Pudding more seriously as someone that may very well join. Like obviously there's other "required" criteria for the both of them, but I want to know if Pudding can fight.

Personality-wise, it's pretty even for the most part, as I enjoy both of them. That said, I guess Carrot is more consistent, or more accurately, she's less likely to one day irritate me? (I don't think Pudding will though, but I do get the arguments of why people are slowly getting fed up with her characterization) She got her mink quirks and charming naivety, and is also rather similar to Luffy in a lot of ways, like being carefree for instance. (That little touch of her jumping away from Prometheus' attack in a more lax manner compared to the rest of the gang was great for example) while Pudding has her evil trollish streak/demeanor, which may potentially fully devolve (Or evolve if you're into that) into tsundere/yandere tendencies, if not already.

I'm on the why not both train, but Pudding is probably going to be involved a bunch and I see Carrot sticking around.

If I had to choose one...I'd chose Carrot.

Can't get on the why not both train because for me it's always been Jinbe and one other person, and then that would presumably be it, with Luffy leading 10 members of the Straw Hat crew.

I don't think Pedro has to die for this to happen, (Mainly because Oda is iffy when it comes to actually killing people) but this does seem to be the first genuinely traumatic thing that Carrot has experienced since joining Luffy and co., judging by her reaction, which even has her having a larger reaction panel than everyone else. That said, anyone using this chapter to say Carrot's joining at the end of the arc is setting themselves up for disappointment. As for this being the tragic backstory, eh, maybe? I definitely won't be surprised if Oda is subverting things here and there due to it being over 9 years since Brook joined, not to mention he's saying multiple members will join in succession or whatever. And then of course it's pretty much being subverted already with Jinbe, who has in the works to join the crew for years now, we just needed to get Luffy to a point where he isn't inviting a Warlord that's stronger than him.

I don't know about her not having anywhere else to go though. She obviously has the Minks and Zou. Unless you mean like for the immediate Wano arc. Because yea, it's obvious that she'd be leaving with them to go to Wano. And it's very unlikely that she'll suddenly break off from the Straw Hats and go join the Mink alliance instead. Wondering where she'll go when Wano's over, that's the real question. I disagree with those saying she might be a Commander or something, that's not something either Luffy or Carrot would go for. She's not really someone you'd trust with a leadership position, especially when you have several Mink characters that seem to be far more reliable in that regard. (Wanda, Neko, Inamushi, Pedro to name some examples) And Luffy ain't the type to tell someone to be a commander or whatever; if he likes you like that, he's just going to tell you to straight up join the crew itself.

But yea, my stance for awhile now has always been that Carrot would have further characterization in Wano. Would be somewhat fitting too considering the animal theme that'd be present in Wano, between the Minks that will be there, as well as Kaido's Zoan army. At the same time, I'm not that surprised that Oda planted at least one seed in this arc. Where she's going to go from here, who knows, but as always, I'm watching lmao

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
So glad /a/ filtered out the shipping wars.
Naruto fans migrated to Bleach threads until that ended and migrated to One Piece threads and now they're banned

LotusHD

Banned
Slightly better than waifu wars

Slightly

I know people go crazy with nakama wars too, but in the end it's still a lot better than waifu/shipping wars. At the end of the day, these are just characters we feel will make the Straw Hat crew more interesting/powerful.

Whereas waifu wars, they're just happy to see the damn characters do literally anything. While shipping wars, ( like shounen manga) they just last until the very end of the series, and although a ship may finally win, nothing substantial actually comes out of it. Like Naruto and Hinata won for example, but we barely got to see their relationship since they became a couple, and that's excluding the fact that in Boruto we see that Naruto is barely around to begin with, while Hinata's a housewife. Such fun...

EDIT:

That said, I guess nakama and waifu wars have intersected this time around, when the top 2 choices are Carrot and Pudding...

caliph95

Lol what a disappointment still hiro couldn't even deliver there
The sprrigam are the worse miniboss such wasted potential especially for guys who are supposed to be stronger than entire countries

The final bosses suck too

"Aha I the strongest wizard to ever lived has become God with unlimited magic and ability to reverse time
Oh no nakama punch my only weakness "

"Aha I am the strongest being to ever lived also immune to any magic in fact it makes me stronger and indestructible and absorbed the other final boss powers

Oh no the power of friendship "

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Random sidenote:

Has there been any word on when Hiro will have a new manga series? I know that guy works too hard to not have another series ready to go.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
Kaido being a dragon that hatched from that egg on Rogers ship, plus he ate a oni devil fruit, so he's a reverse chopper in a sense. At least that's what i've heard. It's ridiculously stupid.

...I mean, this is the same guy who made it so that a cannon (or was it a machine gun) also "ate" a devil fruit somehow and became sentient.

Veelk

Banned
I'd be totally hopeful for and excited about finding out if Carrot was joining if all the reasons that I want carrot to join had a chance of manifesting in the actual story.

I personally want one more past enemy to join the crew before the end of the series. It's doubtful it'll happen considering Robin and Franky sort of fall under that umbrella.

Ogodei

This is actually a good idea. Pedro dies and tells Carrot to go see the world, so she does.

Big One

Banned
This is actually a good idea. Pedro dies and tells Carrot to go see the world, so she does.
Part of me feels that way, but part of me also suspects Oda is going to do a TWEEST in this arc and reveal Carrot is the one that sold Zou out to Jack and there might be something there as well. That's the only way they can properly salvage Carrot as being a character that's more than just comedy relief, as well as establish a character arc of sorts with the dichotomy between Pedro's Inherited Will and her dedication to Kaido's crew and whether she wants to see the "Dawn of the World" under Kaido...or under Luffy.

LotusHD

Banned
Carrot stans are victims of lowered expectations.

I don't get it.

Part of me feels that way, but part of me also suspects Oda is going to do a TWEEST in this arc and reveal Carrot is the one that sold Zou out to Jack and there might be something there as well. That's the only way they can properly salvage Carrot as being a character that's more than just comedy relief, as well as establish a character arc of sorts with the dichotomy between Pedro's Inherited Will and her dedication to Kaido's crew and whether she wants to see the "Dawn of the World" under Kaido...or under Luffy.

What? Why would that dumb twist be the only way to salvage her? Why does she even need salvaging to begin with lol

As do Pudding fans who wanted her to stay secretly yandere

Heh

Big One

Banned
What? Why would that dumb twist be the only way to salvage her? Why does she even need salvaging to begin with lol
Because there needs to be more to her than just wanting to go on adventure. That's Luffy's role in the series, while all the other Strawhats have clear and defined goals. I"m not saying that SHOULD be a twist, I'm saying Carrot needs a bit more than just a tragic Pedro death to kickstart her role as a Strawhat IF she were to join. For one, if Carrot had a goal of learning what the "Dawn of the World" actually means for example as her dream, or perhaps we'll learn more about it and why it's so important to the Minks and she can have that passed on down to her. All Strawhats had some sort of defined character arc at some point, and Carrot needs her's as well. Robin was the only exception to this rule cause she joined the crew way before she ever got a real backstory or arc, but she was hinted at having a mysterious past in Alabasta so something was there...unlike Carrot.

Top Bottom