• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT3| Anything You Can Gum I Can Gum Better

NSESN

I like Deku, but he suffers a lot from lack of protagonism.
All Might is the real protagonist tho.

Luffy feels like the only protagonist that isn't overshadowed in shounen.

LotusHD

Banned

Isn't he the only (relevant at least) shounen protagonist that has always been #1 in the popularity polls?

Ogodei

Meaning what, overshadowed by somebody else in their own series?

Deku's problem was that his main conflict, of becoming a hero while having no powers, was "solved" too quickly. Yeah, he went through the phase where he couldn't use the power without at least breaking a finger, but that just set him on the level of some of the other students whose quirks are harder to use.

He would have benefitted from something like Naruto's skill progression, where he was a drag on the rest of the cast through the first few major arcs, but made up for it with occasional moments of brilliance. Deku would be better suited for that kind of role anyway since he's book smart, unlike Naruto.

Isn't he the only (relevant at least) shounen protagonist that has always been #1 in the popularity polls?

Everyone else seems to get unseated at some point, at least that I can think of. It's pretty impressive when you think about the length and number of polls that OP has had.

I do enjoy Promised Neverland and Dr. Stone more the MHA

MHA good points are the villain society and structure... gives me a more basic HXH vibe

more basic though

Ray Down

Banned
I stop reading it after a while so I don't know if it got better.

But to me it's sort of if like Naruto and Fairy Tail had a baby.

caliph95

It's fine if you looking to kill time

Otherwise it's Naruto Tail and has nothing going for it besides replacing Naruto for the kids

I stop reading it after a while so I don't know if it got better.

But to me it's sort of if like Naruto and Fairy Tail had a baby.
No....No!!! Noooo

Burn it with fire
tenor.gif

Ray Down

Banned
More like less good part 1 Naruto mixed with Guild antics of Fairy Tail.

Though the mangaka is more fanservicey than Kisihmoto but less than Hiro.

Ray Down

Banned
Magi is good until you get into this LONG ass flashback.

It's about the only other manga I see with a lot of world building like One Piece.

I'd recommend it to a point, mileage may vary.

Alibaba is GOAT!

Humor is amazing.

Don't expect the women to do much later.

Chase17

Stone and PNL are the next anime for Shonen Jump.
Yeah, should hopefully be a Neverland anime anouncement at jump festa (and if we are lucky for Kimetsu no Yaiba).

Is black clover any good
It is alright. Series is at its best when it's either doing gags, or people are trolling the main character.

The anime comes out next month at it should be interesting to watch people rip it to shreds anyways.

What about magi,promised never land etc
Promised Neverland is great.

Ray Down

Banned
Blonde
Fire Powers
Hilarious
Pain used for comedy
Bad with Women
Cool back story
Pervert
After lots of pain he got a women to fall for him
Tries to act cool, but is lame.

jbug617

Banned
I stopped reading a while back but I think Seven Deadly Sins was okay. Haikyuu is excellent.
Shokugeki no Soma seems to be back on track.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Nanatsu has some great fucking art.

I tried reading Shokugeki twice already, but the first few chapters are dreadful and I never managed to get past them.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Outside of One Piece, the best stuff in Jump right now is MHA, Promised Neverland, Dr. Stone, occasionally Shokugeki no Soma (it might get back to normal once this arc finally ends), Hunter x Hunter when it's around.

I've heard good things about Gintama and Kimetsu no Yaiba.

Black Clover is lame, We Never Learn is trash, Robot x Laserbeam is boring (hard to make golf exciting), never really got into World Trigger (when that's around)

Top Bottom