• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT3| Anything You Can Gum I Can Gum Better

Daingurse

This break week already feels LONG!

Lol. I got nothing but One Piece to read weekly now, with HxH back hiatus. Hell, DBS is on break too, so this is about to be a pretty brutal week for me.

Thank god I started reading and watching Saint Seiya. That should help till I finally get through everything. Been really enjoying it, I can see why it's a classic shonen series!

Cwarrior

Out of the neweir I would rank wold trigger as the far stronger one out of the bunch starts slow but has really developed combat system & world, likeable character that have slow but rewarding development and tactical action keeps on impressing.

Seven deadly sins is pretty good in a more medevil dragon ball way, has great art and a rule of cool appeal of bleach.

Haikyu only seen quite few episode has some edge of your seat sports manga action.

Magi started it off really strong but simmerd down later but has some enjoyable world building.

While I think black clover started off weak I feel the current arc has it slight edge Mha, which has stagnated.

ZeroD

So I'm back on the One Piece train having stopped reading around the Alabasta Arc.

Mainly restarted thanks to my kindle which for some reason helps me keep my concentration while reading. Excited to jump in again as my friends always want to talk about it!

Reading in Japanese so it might take me a while to catch up. I feel the need to rush though which probably isn't the way I should be reading so I'll try and take my time

Maedhros

I was liking this arc at the beggining... now I just want it to end... year of Sanji my ass.

In fact, OP got a lot worse for me. I was re-reading it from the start and it was fucking fantastic, specially from Arlong and forwards... it goes fucking dowhill starting from Impel Own... the pace gets all over the place, fights get boring with so few panels... every fucking arc feels like a drag, so many characters I just want to see dying or not there. So many things happening at the same time.

The worst thing for me now post timeskip (and Impel Down/Marineford) are how bad the battles got. I didn't like any battle after Saobondy, in fact...

Maybe I'm done with this series... sorry for the rant guys.

On the other hand, I'm loving Promised, BnHA and Nanatsu.

Nicolada

I was liking this arc at the beggining... now I just want it to end... year of Sanji my ass.

In fact, OP got a lot worse for me. I was re-reading it from the start and it was fucking fantastic, specially from Arlong and forwards... it goes fucking dowhill starting from Impel Own... the pace gets all over the place, fights get boring with so few panels... every fucking arc feels like a drag, so many characters I just want to see dying or not there. So many things happening at the same time.

The worst thing for me now post timeskip (and Impel Down/Marineford) are how bad the battles got. I didn't like any battle after Saobondy, in fact...

Maybe I'm done with this series... sorry for the rant guys.

On the other hand, I'm loving Promised, BnHA and Nanatsu.
Personally I love that battles have been getting less focus lately. They take up so much time, especially if they're in the form of 1v1 chapters, and I'm more interested in the plot's progression.

0da443551cae0e6639874e256ef47a4c--one-piece-manga-usopp.jpg

Are these kids supposed to represent apples, oranges, and bananas? fan theory

Maedhros

Personally I love that battles have been getting less focus lately. They take up so much time, especially if they're in the form of 1v1 chapters, and I'm more interested in the plot's progression.

I feel the plot isn't going anywhere though?? It feels like the number of questions just get bigger.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Another reason why Carrot won't join the crew. The kid with the purple hair is also named Carrot.

To be fair, that's not an issue to Japanese readers. He's called "Ninjin", which does translate to carrot. But the bunny girl is called Carrot in katakana so to Oda's main audience it's not confusing.

Dartastic

I'm in Japan for my first time right now. I took a look at a jump for the first time. Thank GOD for scanlations. The manga looks so bad irl. Not because of a lack of detail, but the print and everything is just... bad.

Side note. My iPad wanted to autocorrect scanlations to Latino students. o_O

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I'm in Japan for my first time right now. I took a look at a jump for the first time. Thank GOD for scanlations. The manga looks so bad irl. Not because of a lack of detail, but the print and everything is just... bad.

The tanks are where the quality shit is. There's a reason some groups only work off tank scans.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.

Weekly Shonen Jump is printed on abysmal paper. From what I've heard it's more like a newspaper (which makes sense when you print around 20 series a week, it adds up).
A lot of manga readers would rather wait for the collected volumes with better paper and fixed mistakes.

Top Bottom