• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT3| Anything You Can Gum I Can Gum Better

I've always had a fondness for the Foxy Pirates. That arc was very silly, but had a charm that was more evident on reread. Knowing that the straw hats were about to head to Waters 7 makes the lightheartedness feel like a calm before the storm. Also Afro Luffy rocks.

LotusHD

Banned
I've always had a fondness for the Foxy Pirates. That arc was very silly, but had a charm that was more evident on reread. Knowing that the straw hats were about to head to Waters 7 makes the lightheartedness feel like a calm before the storm. Also Afro Luffy rocks.

I honestly forgot they existed. Don't remember my thoughts about them.

Azure J

Fox pirates was just a fun canon filler arc

Pretty much. I'll also mirror the sentiment that it definitely felt like something light and fun to come before Water 7/Enies Lobby. On the first read, it definitely just felt like something randomly "One Piece" for the hell of it post Skypiea, but it also served as a means to "disarm" a reader before the next arc did its thing and boy oh boy did it.

I highly doubt that Jimbei will die in this arc, because Oda has repeatedly stated that a Straw Hat will die eventually. Jimbei is not yet a full Straw Hat, and killing him just after he joins the crew would be too cruel.

On a side note, I'm rereading This Bites! again, and I am really looking forward to when the next chapter is posted

Ray Down

Banned
Oda made that statement once or so way in the past and considering around the time he said that it most likely was the Going Merry.

LotusHD

Banned
It helps that I have been going through the dub recently and Foxy's english voice actor is amazing.

Ah true

Oda made that statement once or so way in the past and considering around the time he said that it most likely was the Going Merry.

Was about to say...

I highly doubt that Jimbei will die in this arc, because Oda has repeatedly stated that a Straw Hat will die eventually. Jimbei is not yet a full Straw Hat, and killing him just after he joins the crew would be too cruel.

Why scare me like this

Hey guys, long time reader and old Manga-GAF person here. I just got bit with the One Piece bug (doesn't help that I'm kinda/sorta running through the anime from the start with some friends who never watched/read any of it but were interested) and came in to chat spoilers for a bit.

Really enjoying this arc so far and seeing that Jinbe is living up to the helmsman hype in the upcoming chapter is great. I've liked Jinbe ever since his introduction but I've found myself really enjoying the idea of him joining while going back through some Impel Down/Marineford/Fishman Island moments while lurking the thread recently.

Luffy vs. Katakuri is honestly nerve wracking as fuck. He genuinely seems to be in another tier entirely and the effortlessness he exerts while doing so is making it hard for me to believe the crew as a whole is ready for their intended yonkou target in Kaidou.

Break kicking in during all this though is going to kill me, especially with the hectic as fuck week I'm going to be having next week. :(

That all said, I guess this is the part where I end saying that Luffy best protag, Sanji fav SH
(this arc has been trying as a result)
, Jinbe & Carrot for crew members and Law/Kizaru/Robin have my favorite devil fruit powers.
Well shit welcome to the thread

Azure J

You know, I saw that post and thought about it like "oh shit" as if it were newer information but then you posted this and I remember that yeah they played that up to the highest degree possible back then.

I had a sigh of relief like no other. lmao

Ray Down

Banned
I could have sworn I remember him repeating it in an interview, where/after he confirmed that the series is now 60% done.

Don't think so, cause from what I'm looking at in those 60% statements:
-Oda saying he has to restrain himself or the series will never end
-about 10 years left.

I said "overall" for a reason, only Lucci and Kaku really stand out to me. I mean yes, them being badass assassins is dope, as well them revealing their true intentions, but I meant more "I like many of the characters in this group."

Also fuck Spandam, he's like Perospero in that you love to hate him, but has zero charisma.
I love how Spandam is just comically over the top horrible and irredeemable in every way, just the worst bastard of all time. At least CC seems to enjoy his work and can pull of a gangster suit lol

Ray Down

Banned
One Piece will easily make it's 30th anniversary.

Wano can easily be longer than Dressrosa and could be 3 years long.

Also Japanese percentages are bullshit.

One Piece will easily make it's 30th anniversary.

Wano can easily be longer than Dressrosa and could be 3 years long.

Also Japanese percentages are bullshit.
People seem to think this is where the fleet comes back ehhh idk does it need to? So soon I mean I’m sure they’ll need it but do you bring all those guys back already I always assumed the narration for that would be the end game against the world government

LotusHD

Banned
I love how Spandam is just comically over the top horrible and irredeemable in every way, just the worst bastard of all time. At least CC seems to enjoy his work and can pull of a gangster suit lol

Fair enough.

People seem to think this is where the fleet comes back ehhh idk does it need to? So soon I mean I’m sure they’ll need it but do you bring all those guys back already I always assumed the narration for that would be the end game against the world government

The fleet ain't coming to Wano, calling it now.

Azure J

The way the narration framed it, it gave me shades of the Banaro Island Ace/Blackbeard fight and fallout. The fleet is definitely endgame or maybe near endgame + actual endgame stuff tbh unless they go for separate arcs with team-ups of one captain/crew at a time like the Straw Hats + Law situation.

Ray Down

Banned

I guess they could, but even then the fleet is still out be sheer numbers alone.

With Kaido and his crew (The Calamities, 500+ Gifters, Drake, any allies, loyalist to Shogun/Kaido in Wano)

Even without them, I still expect Gecko Moriah to show up to get/try to get his revenge and delve deeper into his beef with Kaido.

If Big Mom is truly coming after Kaido, then the fleet shouldn't be used for Wano, because then you have to bring them on for the rest of the series at that point.

Ray Down

Banned
Wait, when did Oda say a Straw Hat will die?

Also technically, isn't Brook already dead?

He most likely doesn't count that because Oda hates the idea of resurrecting the dead.

Brooke he both, light and dark, black and white dead and or alive.

He also said that statement back during Water 7.

Ray Down

Banned
More so with the implication and just some self awareness it was gonna be brought up since you been debating on multiple forums about this, its a tired discussion at this point (we know people stances) so again lets move on.

Still Oda best interview and funniest is the one he did with Kishimoto after the ending of Naruto.

He most likely doesn't count that because Oda hates the idea of resurrecting the dead.

Brooke he both, light and dark, black and white dead and or alive.

He also said that statement back during Water 7.

I don't remember where I heard it but, if he said it during that time, he might have been referring to the Going Merry

Edit: Oops didn't see you mentioned it already.

Ray Down

Banned
Usopp ain't dying, he just going to end up like Commander McBragg.

None of the Straw Hats are dying despite people thinking Luffy will.

Usopp ain't dying, he just going to end up like Commander McBragg.

None of the Straw Hats are dying despite people thinking Luffy will.

Tangentially related: I think it would be sort of cool if Luffy gave up a ton of his life when Big Mom eats the cake to let the rest of the crew escape. Maybe bargain with it so that he'll have to go get it back after Wano.

Ray Down

Banned
Tangentially related: I think it would be sort of cool if Luffy gave up a ton of his life when Big Mom eats the cake to let the rest of the crew escape. Maybe bargain with it so that he'll have to go get it back after Wano.
Luffy already lost years off his life twice already, I doubt it will happen again.

Yeah...

I think brook dying would be dope considering how old he is. I'd imagine death would be welcomed most by brook.

Think I'll skip the next chapter and wait to read 2-3 in a row. so much more enjoyable that way. Want to see the conclusion to this fight. Luffy is so trolling lol.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
Potato powers, I love potatoes.

tumblr_oincyq8DT11vcg8v9o2_500.gif

Top Bottom