• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT3| Anything You Can Gum I Can Gum Better

marmoka

Banned
So I finally spoiled myself.

This is gonna be good. Big Mom is a true monster. A true sea empress.

What's that possession theory about?

LotusHD

Banned
So I finally spoiled myself.

This is gonna be good. Big Mom is a true monster. A true sea empress.

What's that possession theory about?

That due to how the Soul DF works, people were considering the remote possibility that Big Mom was possessed by Mother Carmel. At least, that's what I'm assuming it is, unless something changed lol

Big One

Banned
Man seeing both Big Mom and Kaidou in action makes me think how it was even possible for Whitebeard to compete with both. Whitebeard is fairly tame in comparison, despite the OP Devil Fruit.

Big Mom is a legit monster, and Kaidou apparently is immortal of sorts. Going by that, Shanks prob has like perfect haki or something like that.

Blackbeard has a bit of ways to go too unless he gets a significant upgrade of sorts.

real or not, those are the most poorly written spoilers we've had in a long time

Just the wording makes it sound made up and bizarrely convenient.

caliph95

Man seeing both Big Mom and Kaidou in action makes me think how it was even possible for Whitebeard to compete with both. Whitebeard is fairly tame in comparison, despite the OP Devil Fruit.

Big Mom is a legit monster, and Kaidou apparently is immortal of sorts. Going by that, Shanks prob has like perfect haki or something like that.

Blackbeard has a bit of ways to go too unless he gets a significant upgrade of sorts.
Whitebeard was getting old and was sick, so he was far from his prime though his crew ws underwhelming in hindsight. We do know BB has been building his crew in the background and has gotten stronger

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
She's eating them, and then she's going to eat me! OH MY GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD.
I'm surprised Streusen played such a pivotal role in LInlin's rise. We already met him in Chapter 858

Morlas

i want to remind everyone that as op as the other yonkou seem Whitebeard was able to create tsunamis the size of mountains and split the entirety of marineford in half and i don't think anybody has matched that feat yet.

i want to remind everyone that as op as the other yonkou seem Whitebeard was able to create tsunamis the size of mountains and split the entirety of marineford in half and i don't think anybody has matched that feat yet.
All of this while constantly being hooked up to an iv that he didn't like btw he pulled it out. Dude was a monster hope ppl don't start sleeping on him because of big mom and kaido

Ogodei

It's an unwritten rule of most fantasy media, and especially shonen manga.

Nobody important is going to die of getting shot or poisoned. Anybody whose power or plan relies on stealth or similar trickery is not going to win against someone sufficiently strong, a corollary of that rule.

LotusHD

Banned
It's an unwritten rule of most fantasy media, and especially shonen manga.

Nobody important is going to die of getting shot or poisoned. Anybody whose power or plan relies on stealth or similar trickery is not going to win against someone sufficiently strong, a corollary of that rule.

Veelk found a name for this trope the other day.
I also attribute it to blatantly dangerous powers like fire, or something having the ability to crush concrete. Or something like Doffy's ability to control people, or Sugar's DF. You take one look at stuff like that,
and you just know the main character has nothing to really worry about.

An untrained Blackbeard was going to destroy Marineford just from testing his power before Shanks showed up.

151oXgu.png

I honestly think that's the biggest feat of power in One Piece so far.

caliph95

Veelk found a name for this trope the other day.
I also attribute it to blatantly dangerous powers like fire, or something having the ability to crush concrete. Or something like Doffy's ability to control people, or Sugar's DF. You take one look at stuff like that,
and you just know the main character has nothing to really worry about.
Antagonist Abilities

Metal B

Well, this plan backfired hard. Technically they only need a mirror to escape and there has to be one inside of Bege. Luffy and the others could simply flee ... but i can't see Luffy leaving Bege behind.

marmoka

Banned
Hold on! Did Linlin understand that living equally was being all as big as her, instead of being everyone in the same conditions no matter how each person is?

She's a monster. An ignorant monster.

Syntsui

So, they are calling her Rinrin now because......? The inconsistency with those guys is astonishing.

Anyway, weak chapter tbh. The plan failed as expected and her story was way too rushed for my taste, I can't really be interested in her character.

Majukun

So, they are calling her Rinrin now because......? The inconsistency with those guys is astonishing.

Anyway, weak chapter tbh. The plan failed as expected and her story was way too rushed for my taste, I can't really be interested in her character.

because oda wrote her name as such in this chapter 's bounty poster

that being said,it's not the first time he botches a transliteration...also he already gave us the "official" one that spells linlin

Kreed

One Piece 868:

I give "Big Father" 5 pages before it's blown to pieces. There better be a mirror inside that thing. I guess there's still the Tamatebako to give the Straw Hats a chance to escape, but Big Mom is not in a state to want to open it (maybe someone will give it to her to get her to stop crying).

Big Mom's whole flashback overall is a little disappointing in regards to what motivated her to be what she is today, which has all been manipulation from others and misinformation to make Big Mom what they wanted her to be. Streusen knowing the true fate of Mother Caramel seems like something that will be revealed to Big Mom eventually.

lmao at CC and that mirror breaking. At least he stuck to his word. Not that he had much choice, of course.

This plan was amateur. They did it as if nothing was going to go wrong.

A bit sad for Big Mama. Now, I want to see her go buck wild.

Red Fire

The hilarious faces this chapter haha

Never would have guessed streusen would play an important role lol. Big mom is ridiculously stupid.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Streusen playing the long con. Tricking Linlin for all those years (or Rinrin, I know it's been spelled with L before). His Devil Fruit is awesome, I want that.

There's definitely more to the failed arranged marriage with Lola. She was meant to marry Loki, yet the people of Elbaf consider Linlin a monster. ... Do we finally have our first sign of Pudding playing her own game? At least the possibility that she messed with Chiffon's memories since she's the one that told the story. Something must have happened since Lola still seemed happy talking about her mother.

Love the imaginative use of Bege's Devil Fruit. A literal castle with bricks and doors, that's impressive.

Unhh, a half dead old man Whitebeard took on an entire army+warlords+vice admirals+admirals. Whenever he went into battle he 1 shot whomever he fought be they admiral or no. All he has to do is destroy the island and you're fucked Btw do I need reminding you this was an old half-dead Whitebeard who was doing all this? In his prime he musta been a unstoppable monster.

Top Bottom