• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT3| Anything You Can Gum I Can Gum Better

Anteater

So, they are calling her Rinrin now because......? The inconsistency with those guys is astonishing.

oh nvm :p misinterpreted what you guys were talking about

ch 868

so they're really going to run for it, I wonder if the Vinsmokes will do something next chapter

turmoil

Banned
Amazing chapter

No more stupid rockets, and they were gone in a demonstration of power.

It looks like Streusen is the father of Perospero

IHaveIce

Banned
Guys.. when the Giant returns to elbaf to tell about Linlin.. are there normal sized people aswell or am I seeing things? Next to the giant leader? One of them has clothes that look like Inurashi's

turmoil

Banned
Guys.. when the Giant returns to elbaf to tell about Linlin.. are there normal sized people aswell or am I seeing things? Next to the giant leader? One of them has clothes that look like Inurashi's

The normal sized one can be child hajrudin and the other giants with bad perspective

Don't know if this has been discussed or not, but we've got a pretty good possibility for how BB must have taken Whitebeard's DF power.

He ate part very of WB when he was covered up by his crew D:

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
I'm glad they doubled down on Big Mom eating everyone by having some horrified witnesses, I was worried we'd eventually find out something else happened.

Anyway, kind of bittersweet to be in the final chapters of One Piece, since everyone is about to die.

So Streusen is a lot like Trebol, huh? Manipulating a kid into becoming a force of nature in the world all while enjoying the ride. It's weird that Big Mom has pretty much manipulated and misguided her entire life. Every idea taught to her was just warped by her ignorant and innocent perspective. I do feel like Oda is setting up the truth being revealed to her one of these days, probably at Elbaf.

At the rest of the chapter...

10lkUdy.gif

Everyone is screwed and they all realize it. I didn't think the plan would fail that spectacularly but here we are. Big Mom is likely going to chase the Strawhats to Wano and would could be seeing a Yonko vs. Yonko fight very soon on who gets to kill the Strawhats.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
I like how they've set up some context for an inevitable Elbaf visit now, beyond just "Usopp has a Giant Boner." They'll go there either after defeating Big Mom, earning them the accolades of the giants, or perhaps in an attempt to flee from her, seeking sanctuary in the one place that could conceivably protect them. Elbaf vs Big Mom Pirates? I'll allow it.

Poor Luffy. Plays his part of the plan to the letter and things still screw up.

He was hauling ass when the BM Pirates regained their composure. Even he isn't that stubborn.

I low key want them to take out the rest of the commanders while she's screaming so when she's done she gets a repeat of her last flashback lol.

That can't happen tho. They're too outnumbered

Kyuur

The missiles exploding made me think of something.

Where the fuck are Zeus and Prometheus? Theoretically if she hadn't destroyed them herself, aren't they automated to protect her anyways? Seems like a big flaw in the plan.

Ray Down

Banned

Where the fuck are Zeus and Prometheus? Theoretically if she hadn't destroyed them herself, aren't they automated to protect her anyways? Seems like a big flaw in the plan.

It was fuck from the get go, they might have not known even about that.

Majukun

why would she bring zeus and prometheus at a party?

Strawhats are really fucked though. They have a Yonkou indefinitely on their heels. Big Mama's intel network is ridiculous too. So, she can find them wherever they go and make their New World voyage hell.

Ray Down

Banned
Strawhats are really fucked though. They have a Yonkou indefinitely on their heels. Big Mama's intel network is ridiculous too. So, she can find them wherever they go and make their New World voyage hell.

Yup, they need to get on her good side, even for a moment to escape, or somehow, someone holds them off.

Kyuur

oh your are right..well maybe since they are part of her soul she must be conscious to use them?

This is the only thing that makes sense to me. Hell, her hat is one too (I can't remember its name) and its right on her person but doing nothing.

Ray Down

Banned
There is still some doubt in other forums from what I see.
I mean....I know Oda is dancing around what happened a bit, but it's clear.

Especially if you know Attack on Titian was rejected for trying to have the violence it has when the creator tried to get it in Weekly Shonen Jump.

Pein

Banned
I mean....I know Oda is dancing around what happened a bit, but it's clear.

Especially if you know Attack on Titian was rejected for trying to have the violence it has when the creator tried to get it in Weekly Shonen Jump.

Shonen jump probably kicked themselves so hard over that one, it might be a lighter series but promised neverland is probably the direct result of of a lesson learned with AOT being such a massive hit,

Good chapter, I mean we all knew the guns wouldn't have worked. A yonkou going down us gonna be a massive event and Luffy doing it with a fractured crew and no new power up would be so fucking anti climactic.

Its gonna be cool to see the pressure big mom is gonna put on the strawhats, like you know luffy is gonna have to get to wano, meet up with his crew and get some allies asap or he is fucked. Hopefully Marco finally comes back because a heavy hitter like him is gonna be sorely needed.

I also really like the design of katakuri its not new or anything but him and his future vision haki are cool.

I just realized elbaf is fable backwards...... I'm an idiot.

turmoil

Banned
Luffy's reactions were glorious.

I wonder if he will try to do another act of bravado in a skirmish while running or he will be a good boy and do whatever is told to scape.

The situation is so hopeless that is almost sure they will scape instead of fighting right now :/

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
Their only chance is someone arriving. Maybe, as was being discussed earlier, this is an opportunity for the Germa Clones to become relevant. Sanji just freed his family, pop's gonna probably pretty pissed after he dries his precious tears, time to push the "release the clones" button and get a real proper battle goin on here.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
Well, he needs to "level up" in order to reasonably combat Emperor-Level enemies at some point. I feel like "Gear 5" would be a pretty boring way to manage it, and just another incremental step. Awakening might finally put him there, though it's certainly hard to picture beyond just "oh the ground is rubber now?"

Maybe it's because I associate abilities that affect the environment to be more of a villainous power (it's hard to explain), but something about a potentially awakened Luffy just feels off.

Top Bottom