• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT3| Anything You Can Gum I Can Gum Better

Cwarrior

Is it just me or is toei way overdoing it with Linlin's verbal tic?

She sound like a sweet old gran mother who has a child like personality when talking about her dream.

Poor ceaser it's like talking to child that doesn't understand the word no / can't be done.

She has a similar childish enthusiasm to luffy & chopper.

YAWN

Ask me which Shakespeare novel is best
I don't think so, Law top 3 spot was even before the Dressrosa arc was over, and the poll opened before the climax of this arc.

Yeah, Law is ultra popular.
He nearly overtook Luffy, but he had a lot of build up prior to his backstory too. He was a major player in the past two arcs the time the popularity poll took place in, and I can't help but think a lot of that was hype and bandwagon jumping. Take Robin's position in poll 3, during Enies Lobby, in which she took number 5, above Nami at 7. Then Nami is ahead of her in the next poll despite not having have done anything too major.

I think Law sadly might lose some fair weather fans after being out of the picture, but I thoroughly expect him in the top 5. If I had to guess it'd be something like -

1. Luffy
2. Zoro/Sanji (if Sanji is to finally beat Zoro in popularity, it'll be now)
3. Zoro/Sanji (whoever didn't make number 2)
4. Law (still awesome)
5 Chopper (prominent member of the current arc and the mascot. Always highly ranked. Might take number 4 from Law but Id bet on the D. personally)
6. Nami (done a lot this arc, from fighting, to planning, and had great chemistry with Sanji)
7. Ace (will always be beloved due to his role and has an upcoming novel)
8. Sabo (being Luffy's brother and Ace's inheritor guarantees him a spot in the top 10)
9. Hancock (loyal fanbase judging from the previous poll)
10.Carrot (we know Japan loves cuteness, and her funny personality and questionable future as a member of the Strawhats might get her in)

I'd personally love to see Bege and Brook in there, but Brooks always been the least popular Strawhat, so his awesomeness this arc still might not be enough. Bege is brutally fantastic but I have a feeling he's not Japan's kind of character. He'll be higher than his previous slot no doubt, but Im willing to bet Kidd will still beat him out of the Supernovas.

caliph95

She sound like a sweet old gran mother who has a child like personality when talking about her dream.

Poor ceaser it's like talking to child that doesn't understand the word no / can't be done.

She has a similar childish enthusiasm to luffy & chopper.
You know i know you're joking mostly but it's mostly true except the part of her being sweet though she loves sweets

It'll be interesting to see how the new poll goes. Expecting Sanji to take his top 3 spot back.

tumblr_osghp9Di8R1t45pbyo1_500.gif

Metal B

Was anybody in the Tokyo One Piece Tower and would recommend it? I'm in Tokyo right now and thinking about visiting it. Or are there better location to visit for a fan.

Was anybody in the Tokyo One Piece Tower and would recommend it? I'm in Tokyo right now and thinking about visiting it. Or are there better location to visit for a fan.

I haven't been but from online videos and impressions, it's definitely worth going to.
I've heard the new Phantom live show is good too.

Ogodei

Reminder that today is Nami's birthday.

tumblr_os52nz3ygx1rzu84po1_400.png

How is Nami's birthday known when Nojiko didn't even know Nami's name when Bellemere found the two of them?

Or is her b-day just dated to when she was fostered by Bellemere?

Or am i just way overthinking this?

Like asking Chopper's birthday, i guess, since Reindeer don't have calendars. Unless his eating the human-human fruit retroactively improved his memory of time before the fruit.

Dandte

Was there 2 years ago with a friend and we had a great time, highly recommend it. Though it is more like an Expositio with a few mini games. Not that many interactive things but the few they have are great. Again, as a fan, i highly recommend it.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
If Arc System was able to make a 2v2 One Piece fighting game with the Xrd engine. It would be amazing.

That was my first wish when i saw DBFighterZ...such a project would result in endless hype lol.

Metal B

Was there 2 years ago with a friend and we had a great time, highly recommend it. Though it is more like an Expositio with a few mini games. Not that many interactive things but the few they have are great. Again, as a fan, i highly recommend it.
Went there today, was a great experience for a fan. My girlfriend did something different at that time, which was a good decision (she doesn't know anything about One Piece).
Also watched the show, which had a suprisendly, very good production quality. The costumes and the make-up of all characters was spot on and the actors played there parts well. Only Chopper was just a static puppet and they couldn't really transfer Luffy's gum gum power on the stage (just one punch). Sadly I didn't understand a word ... But I got the basic outlet of the plot, which was a great excuse to show off many different characters.
Overall I had a fun time, thanks for recommending it again.

YAWN

If Arc System was able to make a 2v2 One Piece fighting game with the Xrd engine. It would be amazing.

Don't man, I dream of this.
Im not a big fan of DBZ but I'm hoping the game does well so it might give them ideas for One Piece.

Each character would be totally unique and have their own play style. The graphics and environments would be gorgeous. I wanna tear shit up with Law and Robin.

jbug617

Banned
2v2 even fits the franchise. Oh and what abo...

NO GODDAMMIT I TOLD MYSELF I WOULDN'T THINK ABOUT THIS.

Don't man, I dream of this.
Im not a big fan of DBZ but I'm hoping the game does well so it might give them ideas for One Piece.

Each character would be totally unique and have their own play style. The graphics and environments would be gorgeous. I wanna tear shit up with Law and Robin.

Just imagine if they give Luffy Sin's mechanic about needing to eat meat to keep up your power.

YAWN

Just imagine if they give Luffy Sin's mechanic about needing to eat meat to keep up your power.

That'd be awesome.
There's so much they can do with the crazy cast of One Piece. It'd be a truly unique fighting game.

After having a browse at some Wano theories, it's got me all hyped and I'm trying to picture how the fights would go. What do you guys think of -

Luffy, Law, Kidd, and Drake vs Kaidou (with Luffy going Gear 5th and potentially dying, allowing Law to sacrifice himself using the Immortality Operation to save him)

Zoro, Killer, and Kin'emon vs the Shogun (or maybe Zoro solo, as he's in need of a tough fight in the New World)

Hawkins and Apoo vs King (I feel these two shouldn't be underestimated. If Luffy and Nami can take out a Sweet Commander, two Supernovas should be able to take out a Disaster, though it'll be a difficult one)

Nekomamushi + Inuarashi vs Jack (to avenge the Zou incident)

Marco vs Weevil (for obvious reasons)

Im struggling where to put Queen. I'd say Sanji plus help if it turns out he's an Okama, but if it's a woman I'd say Jinbe plus help. I'd rather it a woman too, a sausage fest would be pretty dull.
I'm guessing they'll be seven samurai as enemies too due to Oda's love of references, so there's many potential match ups there, allowing one for Killer and Kine'mon if Zoro goes one on one against the Shogun.

I also feel they'll be a spat between Kidd and Apoo, as it's been foreshadowed since their appearance, and Apoo has back stabbed the Alliance. He's a crafty character though, so I fully expect him to turn again.

Then again this is Oda and everything I predict will likely be turned on it's head haha.

LotusHD

Banned
He didn't have Mansherry use her healing powers on Luffy when most people seemed to think that would have ended up happening after he ran out of steam against Doffy.

We'll be fine.

LotusHD

Banned
Feel like it would have to come up soon and i bet Luffy would refuse

It'll definitely come up, I just don't think they'll go through it.

That said, it'll be quite interesting seeing Law get to the point where he would make that offer. I guess he's already been primed somewhat since Luffy took down the person he hated the most, but yea, they're still rivals after Kaido is beaten.

EDIT:

That reminds me, why did Law save Luffy back at Marineford again?

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz

That said, it'll be quite interesting seeing Law get to the point where he would make that offer. I guess he's already been primed somewhat since Luffy took down the person he hated the most, but yea, they're still rivals after Kaido is beaten.

EDIT:

He told Buggy he didn't want to see Luffy's destiny unfulfilled or something like that.

He did it just because he wanted to. I guess they bonded up back in Sabaody.

caliph95

EDIT:

He told Buggy he didn't want to see Luffy's destiny unfulfilled or something like that.
Obviously Sanji will need to be save from his nosebleed again

Didn't have to with gathering allies for Doffy and kaido?

LotusHD

Banned
You cannot introduce a Chekov's Gun as massive as Law's Immortality Operation and NOT use it.

Sure ya can. Alternatively, they could just reveal that it has been used before, like on Kaido or some shit lol

I see.

Didn't have to with gathering allies for Doffy and kaido?

I dunno about Kaido, since it was later revealed that he only actually gave a shit about Doffy, only refocusing on Kaido after Doffy was dealt with cuz why not

---

Also Law sucks at gathering allies, if all he could get was Luffy's crew over these past two years. I mean sure, it obviously worked out, but yeah, terrible lol

caliph95

EDIT:

Obviously Sanji will need to be save from his nosebleed again

Top Bottom