• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT3| Anything You Can Gum I Can Gum Better

Ray Down

Banned
Sanji will bake a cake to calm down Big Mom because her illness is causing her to starve and this arc has been all about how Sanji is the greatest person ever because of being kind. Sanji can't stand seeing people starve, and people will get hurt due to her illness. So the Charlotte Family will help Sanji bake a cake by using their food-themed Devil Fruit powers and chefs like Pudding and Streussen. It will probably be a big action scene of people throwing/catching ingredients Oven living up to his name while Big Mom needs to be distracted by heavy hitters like Luffy. After this, along with other events like learning the truth about Carmel selling children, Big Mom will forgive the Straw Hats and let them leave the island.

Veelk

Banned
Sanji will bake a cake to calm down Big Mom because her illness is causing her to starve and this arc has been all about how Sanji is the greatest person ever because of being kind. Sanji can't stand seeing people starve, and people will get hurt due to her illness. So the Charlotte Family will help Sanji bake a cake by using their food-themed Devil Fruit powers and chefs like Pudding and Streussen. It will probably be a big action scene of people throwing/catching ingredients Oven living up to his name while Big Mom needs to be distracted by heavy hitters like Luffy. After this, along with other events like learning the truth about Carmel selling children, Big Mom will forgive the Straw Hats and let them leave the island.

Didn't I sarcastically predict this myself when I was ranting about how this arc was going so bad that something that stupid may as well happen?

LotusHD

Banned

So you believe this will happen, or that it won't?

MANUELF

Banned
there is no way for them to know Caramel was in the child trafficking business unless Stussy says something so that part is out

Ray Down

Banned
So you believe this will happen, or that it won't?

Its plausible since I doubt the Strawhats are just gonna leave at this point and head on there merry way especially since there still on WCI too.

Plus you will like Shokugeki No Sanji :p

caliph95

there is no way for them to know Caramel was in the child trafficking business unless Stussy says something so that part is out
They were mking jokes about her age
In seriousness she is CP0 possibly assigned to either BM or underworld, so could have been notified of her origins

LotusHD

Banned
Its plausible since I doubt the Strawhats are just gonna leave at this point and head on there merry way especially since there still on WCI too.

Plus you will like Shokugeki No Sanji :p

I dunno, kind of sounds lame on paper at first glance. I'd have to see it for myself lol

Ogodei

I couldn't see it going so far as
Big Mom forgiving them, but maybe the kids let the Straw Hats leave because they could have fled and let the kids get killed instead of helping them.

Ray Down

Banned
I couldn't see it going so far as
Big Mom forgiving them, but maybe the kids let the Straw Hats leave because they could have fled and let the kids get killed instead of helping them.

But she learns the truth of her mother and what she's been doing, stop her from hurting her family and dream of Totland even more.

I think she can, at least for this instance.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search

The flaw with the Greg theory is that it relied heavily upon the treasure box exploding in Big Mom's face at the end of the arc and thus returning their feud back to the status quo. Without the box, there's nothing to cause a fight between Luffy and Big Mom anymore, which isn't how that's going to go down with how much Luffy's declared that they'll fight. Plus, Greg's theory just sorta removes Big Mom from the story from here on out, which doesn't feel appropriate for an Emperor.

Ray Down

Banned
The flaw with the Greg theory is that it relied heavily upon the treasure box exploding in Big Mom's face at the end of the arc and thus returning their feud back to the status quo. Without the box, there's nothing to cause a fight between Luffy and Big Mom anymore, which isn't how that's going to go down with how much Luffy's declared that they'll fight. Plus, Greg's theory just sorta removes Big Mom from the story from here on out, which doesn't feel appropriate for an Emperor.

Something else will then, maybe something with Elbaf.

Then again, I see BM just forgetting about this, for now and if they meet again they may not.

grandjedi6

Something else will then, maybe something with Elbaf.

Then again, I see BM just forgetting about this, for now and if they meet again they may not.

Big Mom has seemingly not left Whole Cake Island since she got there and Luffy's not going back there. A future conflict would necessitate Big Mom being sufficiently motivated to go after Luffy, rather than sending someone in her stead. And no conflict would basically write Big Mom out of a lot of the story since she would just stay at Whole Cake Island... chilling? It would be weird for her level of importance.

Ray Down

Banned
Big Mom has seemingly not left Whole Cake Island since she got there and Luffy's not going back there. A future conflict would necessitate Big Mom being sufficiently motivated to go after Luffy, rather than sending someone in her stead. And no conflict would basically write Big Mom out of a lot of the story since she would just stay at Whole Cake Island... chilling? It would be weird for her level of importance.

Nothing outright states she hasen't left the island in years at least I don't think so, hell in her younger days she got islands and such under her control, which makes me think how she did unless she like put her soul into islands and thats how they move or some shit.

grandjedi6

Nothing outright states she hasen't left the island in years at least I don't think so, hell in her younger days she got islands and such under her control, which makes me think how she did unless she like put her soul into islands and thats how they move or some shit.

True. But she's seemingly made the same island her home base since childhood and prefers to send people out to do her dirty work so it wouldn't surprise me if she never left. She's the only major (non-World Government) character we've seen who hasn't moved locations yet in the written story. I feel like it should take a lot to get an Emperor to go after somebody personally as opposed to her sending one of her Sweet Commanders instead.

And just so I'm not rebutting everyone else's well thought out theories, here's a counter theory I made up so people can tear my ideas up too lol:

Luffy and Bege get away as everyone is too busy focusing on Big Mom's rampage. Rest of Sanji's development focuses on his family and he'll probably beat the eldest brother/dad in a quick skirmish now that he's not being held back. No one will admit it but the family issues will lessen between them all. Good money on a Daddy Vinsmoke flashback if he doesn't croak it in the getaway from Big Mom.

Meanwhile, Big Mom rampages and destroys a large portion of her utopia and kills a lot of her citizens and children before they finish the cake to satisfy her (as foreshadowed by her attack at the beginning of the arc and her flashback). Big Mom will awake and assume Bege & Luffy did all of it on purpose, which her children will agree to since they are still trying to hide the truth from Big Mom. Stussy then makes Morgans write a story blaming the destruction on Luffy too in order to set them up and embarrass Big Mom (even if she made it out unscathed, losing your crewmates and home base to a rookie is pretty embarrassing). Big Mom, enraged at the loss of her tea party, utopia and cake, as well as the embarrassment from the news and letting her poneglyphs get copied, again, decides to take the fight to Luffy. Thus Big Mom leaves Whole Cake Island for the first time in years with her depleted crew to take out Luffy & Bege in the future. Not only does this set up a future Luffy v. Big Mom fight (which wouldn't happen otherwise since Luffy's not coming back to Totland) but it also fits into Bege's history of being hunted down after assassination attempts.

For added measure, Pudding will sneak onto the Strawhats ship to flee Big Mom's rage. We haven't seen her in a few chapters and it's the one ship which she knows the exact location of. She'll probably try to use her powers on them, it'll fail and they'll be many hi-jinks.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
black bars black bars la la la la la

Kind of a bummer to not be able to share in the experience of a New Chapter with everyone, since y'all always have a day's worth of talkin under your belts by the time it comes out.

OH WELL

Ray Down

Banned
Nothing is going to stop us from talking about the chapter with everyone else.

Spoilers won't effect the chapter discussion that much.

grandjedi6

Kind of a bummer to not be able to share in the experience of a New Chapter with everyone, since y'all always have a day's worth of talkin under your belts by the time it comes out.

OH WELL

To be fair, 90% of what we're discussing has nothing to do with the chapter spoilers directly. It's just the fact that we're discussing it now, right after the spoilers, which would imply heavily what's happening. Hence the spoiler bars.

They'll be plenty to discuss when we get the full chapter and actually have content and context.

caliph95

OH WELL
Half the thread don't read spoilers anyway it's fine plus there is plenty to talk about whenever the chapter's realesed

caliph95

Post spoiler chapter talk usually relates directly to the amount of Pudding:

No Pudding: 2 pages for the week
One panel: 6 pages
Three pages of Pudding: 20 pages of talk
Significant Pudding: 45 pages by the end of the day
No lies here
Just haven't had time to change.
giphy.gif

aBarreras

what are your opinions on gear 4th current form? i still think that it will eventually get thinner,
just like goku realized that the super buff sayan that vegeta and trunks turned into it isnt the correct path for the super sayan.

i mean i like gear 4th, but as it is is not really that marketable, i mean, Gear second is kinda iconic, with the posee, the red skin and the steam coming out of Luffy.

Gear 4th is just an fat luffy.

what are your opinions on gear 4th current form? i still think that it will eventually get thinner,
just like goku realized that the super buff sayan that vegeta and trunks turned into it isnt the correct path for the super sayan.

i mean i like gear 4th, but as it is is not really that marketable, i mean, Gear second is kinda iconic, with the posee, the red skin and the steam coming out of Luffy.

Gear 4th isn't even big enough to be equal to Kaido or Big Mom's size. I think it works fine when going up against huge monsters like that.

LotusHD

Banned

Maybe he's not trying to make it marketable. I mean, it's classic Luffy that his most powerful form would also have him looking rather silly. That said, I was as confused as Doffy when I first saw it, but after seeing it in action, it's pretty damn awesome. The haki patterns are cool too.

It has a recognizable pose and the pure black (or pre-black with red highlights if you go by the anime) makes it stand out.

aBarreras

i like it, but being honest i just want a super sayajin 4 luffy :(

the gear 4th is obviously a tribute to the super sayan 4

also i feel that G4 is about speed, and being that fucking big can be a problem for luffy, didnt he said that it wasnt perfect yet?

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
The best thing about Gear 4 is people making their terrible ideas for Gear 5 and 6 and 7.

Reminds me of the old days with Super Saiyan 5, 6, 7, 8.

Ray Down

Banned
Updated Spoilers from Den_Den_Mushi from Oro or Zoro4Prez from Oro:
The roof of the castle begins to crumble, and a large crack starts to develop. The soldiers erupt in confusion. The many citizens of the capital of Sweet City become mixed up in the destruction of the castle. Sanji and Reiju grab the collapsed Luffy. Judge is carried by Niji and Yonji.

Everyone inside Bege's body is astonished by what's happening outside. The people caught on the slope of the roof are sent tumbling down to the ground. BM is among them.

The only ones safe in the air were Ceasar and Bege.
Bege watches the BM pirates fall and declares in a loud voice that the BM Pirates are now completely annihilated.

The escaping city citizens are rained on by tiles.
Morgans loses control of himself in excitement and starts to take pictures.

Stussy escapes using Geppou.
Ichiji visually confirms that Ceasar escapes to the safe perimeter.

Streusen activates his ability and changes the crumbling castle into a gigantic Whole Cake.
The falling debris changes into sponges and cream, saving their lives.
The BM pirates immediately began their pursuit.

The Straw Hat Pirates and Firetank Pirates assemble at the northwest portion of Whole Cake Island.

Ceasar recieves his heart from Bege.
Vito confirms the BM Pirates survival, and they re-begin their escape.

Just as Katakuri organizes a pursuit team, BM's condition changes.

BM: "There's... cake there... with specially picked ingredients.. The best wedding cake... We...dding...Cake...~"

Big Mom erupts in one of her feeding frenzies.

End

Oda 20th Anniversary message:
How old are you now? Were you born in the previous 20 years? Luffy was 17 years old back then, and he's now 19 after 20 years...hm? Do you know that Luffy's straw hat was something entrusted from that person? In the beginning, Luffy set out to sea just by himself. He didn't have any friends. One piece has many flashback scenes, but it has one experience. It's the first time I've considered if these characters have become childhood friends that you have known since childhood. Luffy has always been a bad liar ever since he was a kid. Also, even though he used to a crybaby back then, he's now become an adult. And he hasn't changed. The same for Zoro and Nami... Because you have been able to watch their growth, I believe that you have also forged a deep bond with Luffy and the others. Even if their story will definitely come to end one day, I am very happy that you all were able to adventure with them to the end. Thank you for the 20 years. Just a little more to go!

Top Bottom