• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece: Pirate Warriors 2 |OT| New World Disorder

PusherT

any chance we can get a Wii U version? I think Onepeice would work with Wii U gamers and we can have a Miiverse community too.
D

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
any chance we can get a Wii U version? I think Onepeice would work with Wii U gamers and we can have a Miiverse community too.
D

Ask Namco-Bandai. They'll probably make a new game since One Piece is a cash cow franchise.

Sora_N

I really like those extra costumes for Robin and Nami, fuck you NamcoBandai NA. :/ I'll wait for price drop like the first game.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Ok, PM incoming. Pirate Warriors 1 still up for grabs!

Can I get it? I really want 2, but I can't afford it. 1 would be fun to check out, at the very least.

EDIT: Don't want to make it sound like I don't really want it, believe me, I do. Any musou game I haven't played is a musou game I want to play. :lol That and I've wanted to get more into One Piece for a long time now, but the amount of stuff I'd have to catch up on is just staggering. So getting a nice run-down of the story through Pirate Warriors 1 would be great (same as I did with Hokuto Musou).

ezekial45

Banned
So did they get rid of the coin system for this game? I really didnt like that aspect of the leveling in the previous game.

So far, I'm having a blast. I keep getting A ranks tho, since I spent extra time searching for treasure boxes or doing alternate objectives. Didn't expect Franky to be so fun! His General Franky special is freaking amazing.

I still want Robin. I only have Luffy, Nami, Smoker, Franky, Chopper, Brook, and Jimbei right now.

Sora_N

So far, I'm having a blast. I keep getting A ranks tho, since I spent extra time searching for treasure boxes or doing alternate objectives. Didn't expect Franky to be so fun! His General Franky special is freaking amazing.

I still want Robin. I only have Luffy, Nami, Smoker, Franky, Chopper, Brook, and Jimbei right now.

Did they fix Chopper's moveset?

EDIT: Starting the game now! I hope it won't spoil too much of the manga, I kind of stopped reading it since I couldn't get into it after the timeskip/New World. Maybe the game will spark my interest again.

EDIT: Starting the game now! I hope it won't spoil too much of the manga, I kind of stopped reading it since I couldn't get into it after the timeskip/New World. Maybe the game will spark my interest again.

Not sure yet. I just finished the Thriller Bark episode and it unlocked him and Brook. I hope they did fix him up because PW1 Chopper was terrible.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
The story makes so little sense that it's almost offensive. I'm glad to see Skypiea this time, though.

Artorias

Banned
I hope I can import a cheap copy of this. I would never pay $50 for a digital console game but I'd really like to play it.

I still haven't got my copy, but I read some review some time ago and they said that Chopper was much better, so it's safe to say he's been fixed. His New World powers are decently cool, with the Kung Fu and whatnot.

I have the game in my cart and remembering this really makes me wanna hold off...but...playable buggy hnnngggg

This is exactly where I'm at. I'd love to sink into this but that discount could be really close. Might cave in next time I log on.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Man...playing through the first game only makes me all the more salty that I missed out on getting the sequel free by a couple minutes. :lol The demo for 2 is great, this one...not so much. It's like the most underwhelming aspects of Hokuto and Gundam 3 all rolled into one, plus some awful QTE shit.

Tried out New World Chopper and I definitely didn't like him. I guess I'll take another crack at him when I get all his moves, but so far, I hate how he plays. I unlocked Marco and Kuzan. Can't wait to try out Kuzan next time I play. I'll probably spam Ice Age a lot, lol.

Is there a set way to use Marco? I'm a little confused as to how his flight abilities work. He's pretty fun, just as I expected.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Kuzan is super fun to play as. Seems to be one of the most useful and powerful characters in the game, too.

Marco feels way too flighty, though. I feel like every other move of his has him flying up and all over the place. Maybe I just have to get used to him?

Top Bottom