• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT3| Zephyr any day now...

Jayhawk

Oh god not these three fortnights having secret bosses while last week were a pain to find

Secret bosses are standard for fortnights.

As usual, complaining on the internet works. Finally got my first 3D2Y Zoro skill book off the final stage. Only 34 more to go just to be safe.

RedBoot

Secret bosses are standard for fortnights.

As usual, complaining on the internet works. Finally got my first 3D2Y Zoro skill book off the final stage. Only 34 more to go just to be safe.

I've already got a couple Zoro books, off the third stage I think. I don't have Zoro, but I'll be hoarding these regardless. Also got Shiruya or however you spell his name to drop as well.

I think I'll be farming Gasparde (there's a few books I want in this fortnight anyway), though I don't know how many I'll go for since there's plenty of other things to farm (Smoker in the colo, Crocs this week, Luccis next week).

Jayhawk

I've already got a couple Zoro books, off the third stage I think. I don't have Zoro, but I'll be hoarding these regardless. Also got Shiruya or however you spell his name to drop as well.

I think I'll be farming Gasparde (there's a few books I want in this fortnight anyway), though I don't know how many I'll go for since there's plenty of other things to farm (Smoker in the colo, Crocs this week, Luccis next week).

Thanks for info on the 3rd stage book drop. Now I know when to get my hopes up.

Evolved Gasparde has 4 sockets, so he could be of use to some F2P teams and possibly Sengoku teams with STR units.

Kyou

new fortnight is easy

only usable books for me are SW Brook and Big Perona, I guess I should PROBABLY farm croc instead but this fortnight is so easy and his is so annoying

chrono01

Speaking of skillbooks, I wish there was an option in-game to view what drops from each fortnight. Like, if you choose the fortnight, a menu pops up, letting you know which skillbooks drop from where, as well as hidden characters. With so many to choose from, it can be a headache knowing what drops what. :/

I haven't been really playing but I've been logging in for stones and did 5 pulls. First two were Sanji and then third was a red poster with captain Luffy. Since poster was red I'm going to assume he is good.

Last two pulls were Bon and Gecko. I'll try and max him out and make him a leader.
Also, congrats! Log Luffy can be considered the best Captain currently-available in-game. You did great!

alben

Neo Member
Speaking of skillbooks, I wish there was an option in-game to view what drops from each fortnight. Like, if you choose the fortnight, a menu pops up, letting you know which skillbooks drop from where, as well as hidden characters. With so many to choose from, it can be a headache knowing what drops what. :/
That feature is already in Jpn. Is on every stage (fn, raid, coli) and it also show who the final boss is, what non fodder drop, what exp and evo mats drop and what other things can drop (cola, candy,...)

Wazzy

Banned

Also, congrats! Log Luffy can be considered the best Captain currently-available in-game. You did great!

Damn girl, your Gacha luck even persists in games without Rinoa! Legend Luffy is one of the best captains in the game, so major congrats. :D

Awesome and thanks! I still have my Rayleigh and Whitebeard who were pretty great units but knowing I have one of the recent best units is nice. I really wanted that bandaged Zoro when he first dropped but no luck. :(

I'm glad to still see you two keep at this game. :D

chrono01

That feature is already in Jpn. Is on every stage (fn, raid, coli) and it also show who the final boss is, what non fodder drop, what exp and evo mats drop and what other things can drop (cola, candy,...)
Oh man, here's hoping we get it soon. That sounds incredibly helpful.

For the new fortnight, the only skillbooks that I can use is Whitey Bay and Crocus (LOL). I already have a few 3D2Y Zoro books, but no Zoro. Upsetting.

What does the Croc fortnight have instead? I might farm that one, since there's little to offer with this current one. I don't even have Big Perona. :/

Awesome and thanks! I still have my Rayleigh and Whitebeard who were pretty great units but knowing I have one of the recent best units is nice. I really wanted that bandaged Zoro when he first dropped but no luck. :(

I'm glad to still see you two keep at this game. :D
It's one of my constants. It helps that the series is ongoing, and I'm sure the gatcha game itself has a very long future. I slacked off a bit on it a while back, but I'm back at it again now!

My only real complaint is sockets. I can deal with skill upgrades, I just wish they changed sockets into something different. Maybe craft-able items or something that you can swap in/out on your character depending on the situation? I just have a difficult time trying to decide what sockets should/shouldn't go on a specific character, especially for ones that can be used on multiple teams. It's just a headache. :(

I still need to drop my orb socket on my Log Luffy and replace if with Auto Heal. I was going to do it when the Afro Luffy fornight returned, but I was too busy farming SW Shanks/Lao G/Vergo skillbooks to do it. Hopefully we get a return of the Halloween fortnight this month and I can do it then.

Kyou

What does the Croc fortnight have instead? I might farm that one, since there's little to offer with this current one. I don't even have Big Perona. :/

Blamenco, Kid and Mr. 1 books seem to be the only really good prizes there
I guess I should try to get the last couple skill levels on Kid.

and Croc sockets I guess

Also man is this banner with Log Luffy and Mihawk on it tempting ;_;

For the new fortnight, the only skillbooks that I can use is Whitey Bay and Crocus (LOL). I already have a few 3D2Y Zoro books, but no Zoro. Upsetting.

While not AS user friendly and comprehensive as what the JPN version has, there IS a way to see this info in the Global version.

For new fortnights, the announcement for it will list what books it has. For returning ones, go to Others, Replay Adventures for the list. :D

chrono01

Blamenco, Kid and Mr. 1 books seem to be the only really good prizes there
I guess I should try to get the last couple skill levels on Kid.

and Croc sockets I guess

Also man is this banner with Log Luffy and Mihawk on it tempting ;_;
Oh, nice. I have Blamenco and Kid, it would be nice to socket the latter. I might switch over there then.

Also, you should totally upgrade your G3 to a Log Luffy. I believe in you.

While not AS user friendly and comprehensive as what the JPN version has, there IS a way to see this info in the Global version.

For new fortnights, the announcement for it will list what books it has. For returning ones, go to Others, Replay Adventures for the list. :D
Thanks man, I'll keep that in mind!

Edit:

Quick question:

In regards to the Rayleigh Shop (when we get it), how are points for gatcha characters determined? What about characters that drop from the story? I have a few extra low-tier gatcha drops (such as Crocus and Kaya) cluttering my inventory that I'd rather fuse away into their original/evolved form, but I've been holding onto it in the hopes that I might get some points from them. However, if the only truly worthy ones to hold onto are the gold poster drops (so 4* base and above), I might as well get rid of them now.

Jayhawk

In regards to the Rayleigh Shop (when we get it), how are points for gatcha characters determined? What about characters that drop from the story? I have a few extra low-tier gatcha drops (such as Crocus and Kaya) cluttering my inventory that I'd rather fuse away into their original/evolved form, but I've been holding onto it in the hopes that I might get some points from them. However, if the only truly worthy ones to hold onto are the gold poster drops (so 4* base and above), I might as well get rid of them now.

Feel free to not hold onto the 3* trash. Here is zeenigami's video intro to rayleigh shop when it first came out in JP, I forwarded time to when he starts going over the shop. https://youtu.be/uVS83HuXkTY?t=21m22s

chrono01

Feel free to not hold onto the 3* trash. Here is zeenigami's video intro to rayleigh shop when it first came out in JP, I forwarded time to when he starts going over the shop. https://youtu.be/uVS83HuXkTY?t=21m22s
Appreciate it! I'll just hold onto my 4*+ base stuff instead.

what are some good teams for Prison Croc? It's been a while

all I remember is double kid is the way to go
Vergo is better actually, if you have him (he's not weak to Crocodile).

But yeah, 2x Striker lead with rainbow Strikers works. Throw in Kaku/Doublefinger/etc., if you want more burst.

Kyou

Vergo is better actually, if you have him (he's not weak to Crocodile).

But yeah, 2x Striker lead with rainbow Strikers works. Throw in Kaku/Doublefinger/etc., if you want more burst.

No Vergo unfortunately.

Just jumped into a run with Kid/Kid, Smoker, Paulie, Doublefinger, GP Usopp and it seems to be going okay

edit: Oh right croc is immune. ...shit

chrono01

No Vergo unfortunately.

Just jumped into a run with Kid/Kid, Smoker, Paulie, Doublefinger, GP Usopp and it seems to be going okay

edit: Oh right croc is immune. ...shit
I have Vergo, but he's at Level 1 so I'm using Kid myself, haha.

Yeah, that team will work! Just farm DEX-orbs going into the final round on your Dex units, use both Paulie and Doublefinger, and you're essentially done. But yeah, you need to replace GP Usopp unfortunately, he's useless here. :(

Jayhawk

I just looked at the character database to see what global's best DEX striker units are, and outside of legend Croc... Smoker, Paulie are still the strongest. Summertime Nami is the next best F2P unit, stat wise, we have available that is a DEX striker after the first three I mentioned.

I did some Alubarna farming earlier today to see if I could finally get a story Croc drop, no luck. I can skip the Croc fortnight completely this week.

With all the dupes from this past sugo, on which I probably overspent, in addition to my existing dupe legends, I should do more research and planning on Rayleigh shop purchases after buying the ship.

MANUELF

Banned
CQwKSdF.png
A good pull wont you guys say?
Now from those available to be recruited Im missing Zeff, a second Croc, Igaram, Mr 1, Mr 4, The Unluckies, Miss Doublefinger, Ohm, Enel, Foxy and every single Water Seven character

Edit: Forgot that I still dont have Wiper, the blue fishman from Foxy, Dalton, Dr Kureha, Chess and Kuromarimo

Hana-Bi

The next three weeks will be a farming fest for me.

First two weeks: sockets for Croc and Lucci and books for Zoro and then I need to farm Shiki, Doffy and Kuma...

Majukun

didn't knew that in jap they made a new version of the dead end fn that doesn't give you maluses and that it's the version we got..
no reason for me to change team since it's already pretty easy, even if I'm. using a team based on the old condition

RalchAC

I have both Whitey Bay and 3D2Y Brook, but those 2 seem to start at a usable CD so I'm not bothering much either. I want to socket my Slasherdile.

My only real complaint is sockets. I can deal with skill upgrades, I just wish they changed sockets into something different. Maybe craft-able items or something that you can swap in/out on your character depending on the situation? I just have a difficult time trying to decide what sockets should/shouldn't go on a specific character, especially for ones that can be used on multiple teams. It's just a headache. :(

I still need to drop my orb socket on my Log Luffy and replace if with Auto Heal. I was going to do it when the Afro Luffy fornight returned, but I was too busy farming SW Shanks/Lao G/Vergo skillbooks to do it. Hopefully we get a return of the Halloween fortnight this month and I can do it then.

I wish socket points could be saved, no matter if you choose them or not. Like, you have them, and you can manually change your sockets depending on what you need.

But this kind of games loves their RNG, so nope.

didn't knew that in jap they made a new version of the dead end fn that doesn't give you maluses and that it's the version we got..
no reason for me to change team since it's already pretty easy, even if I'm. using a team based on the old condition

Yeah, I looked at the DB and it there was an HP / ATK cut on top of the bonuses. But now there isn't.

chrono01

Where's my gem?
You need to wait until 1/11 for that, when they replace the FP summon pool with nothing but Legend characters.

Don't worry, due to the inconvenience of it all, they will likely hand out an additional four Rainbow Gems for a total of five. It's the least they could do, really.

Hana-Bi

Okay, the Croc farming is a real pain. Am I the only one this unlucky? Next gem, 7 runs, 1 drop... Last two copies got me zero useful sockets...

MiTYH

Ahh nothing better than getting both bosses and secret stage to drop in the 5-10-15 runs. Makes the rest of this FN a breeze. I'll probably farm it for a few days for some skillbooks, then switch to Croc to get some missing sockets

EDIT: FN is easy with the rainbow INTHawk team. Already have two SW Ace books and 3 3D2Y Zoro books. Too bad I don't have them...

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Free FP this morning netted me story Eneru! Super stoked I don't have to farm for him now.

Okay, the Croc farming is a real pain. Am I the only one this unlucky? Next gem, 7 runs, 1 drop... Last two copies got me zero useful sockets...

It's pretty rough. I've been getting one drop every 4 runs or so.

Tidd

150 stamina, still no red pirate penguin....

Edit: GAF complaining always helps <3

It is quite some time till I last pulled a legend...

OMFG!!! Got Coby
j/k, I didn't pull

Adeptrain

All the Crocs are my nemesises!! Spent 10 gemsfgems farming alubarna earlier only for story croc to mock me with 3 beli bags at the end... In a row!

And now, for this fortnight I'm 0 for 6. Sigh.....I hate him.... All of them!

Ahh nothing better than getting both bosses and secret stage to drop in the 5-10-15 runs. Makes the rest of this FN a breeze. I'll probably farm it for a few days for some skillbooks, then switch to Croc to get some missing sockets
Yup! I got the secret stage to appear on my very first 5 STA run, the boss to drop on my 15 and the blue guy to drop on my first 30. Getting the secret stage on my first ever run had me thinking that FN would be more difficult (due to his debuff making perfects harder to hit).

EDIT: FN is easy with the rainbow INTHawk team.
I am running 2x IntHawk, Dock Lucci, Koza, Doffy, Arlong. As long as I stall enough (my Koza's CD is 16), I can easily OTKO the boss with Koza and Doffy's skills active. If I can't, for whatever reason, I still have >30k HP to tank his critical damage special attack.

Hana-Bi

Lol, got 5 Croc copies back to back and now he didn't drop a single time in 8 runs...

Okay, it's now 15 runs without a drop. Will run the fn instead...

bjork

Ran the new FN, got an Ace book. Fed it right away and he skilled up. So now he's at 4.

Probably gonna throw a multi today too, even though I wasn't going to pull at all.

[edit - Coby (lol), base Jabra, evolved Nojiko, evolved Blueno, evolved Nojiko, evolved Crocus, base Kalifa, evolved Capone, evolved Kaya, surgery kick Sanji... #11 is... base Leo.

So Leo is new, the rest are dupes. My Nojiko is 5 despair/3 lock. Better sockets than most of my units]

StMeph

For a number of reasons, I'm going to be abandoning OPTC and all other gachas. Does anyone want my account?

I haven't really been farming or maintaining it for months now, so there's quite a bit of story/events left undone (still at Angel Island Upper Yard) and a lot of skillup/sockets to farm. For Legends I have Log Luffy, Dream Luffy, Whitebeard, and Rob Lucci (all STR for some reason). Still have a couple of 5 million XP meats as well.

RR30

Lol, got 5 Croc copies back to back and now he didn't drop a single time in 8 runs...

Okay, it's now 15 runs without a drop. Will run the fn instead...

2-10 here so far, but I'm getting decent drops on the books which works since I have a couple of levels to finish for Miss Doublefinger (just in time for Lucci!) and Mr 1 plus Robin and Blamenco need a bunch of them.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
2-10 here so far, but I'm getting decent drops on the books which works since I have a couple of levels to finish for Miss Doublefinger (just in time for Lucci!) and Mr 1 plus Robin and Blamenco need a bunch of them.

Just FYI, those Miss All Sunday books can't be used to level up Nico Robins special. They're different specials.

RedBoot

I give up on Croc, bring on the colisseum

Yup, same. Hoping for better drop rates on the Kimono Croc fortnight, plus that one actually has books I can use (plus Mr. 2 and 3 sockets). I'm getting more out of Colo and Dead End runs at this point.

bobohoro

It's kinda ridiculous how much more playtime I got out of half stamina FNs, especially if meat snails aren't dropping meat. Oh well, don't really want to farm any of the three ongoings anyway, Croc would be the most interesting for Double Finger / Mr. 1 skill books, or Gaspade for his 4 sockets. but I'll probably take it easy this week after playing way too much the last two weeks.

MiTYH

It's kinda ridiculous how much more playtime I got out of half stamina FNs, especially if meat snails aren't dropping meat. Oh well, don't really want to farm any of the three ongoings anyway, Croc would be the most interesting for Double Finger / Mr. 1 skill books, or Gaspade for his 4 sockets. but I'll probably take it easy this week after playing way too much the last two weeks.

Not bragging, but I've gotten 1 stamina refill yesterday and one today. Rest weer cola/turtles

This game always knows when you want to take a break. I got two meat snails yesterday, each time when I want to just deplete my stamina and stop playing.

Top Bottom