• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT3| Zephyr any day now...

RedBoot

Looks like the Frieza event is starting on the 24th, according to one of the European Bandai FB pages. Right at the end of Lucci/Perona week.

THATS IT I WONT PULL OUTSIDE OF AN ALL GOLD SUGO

Got another freaking dupe silver

That's my rule for multipulls, at least. I usually do 2-4 pulls on regular sugos.

Hana-Bi

My planned sockets for Croc are Bind Despair Poison Map.

Of course I got like 4 orbs and 3 cd sockets so far. 9/30 useful sockets.

Kyou

next week is going to be nuts for me

Hell or high water I am maxing Perona and finishing off Whitebeard once and for all.

edit; And I guess I'm going to need to socket my new Doflamingo. What should I aim for with him? Lock/Despair/CD/...orbs??

GuardianE

Santa May Claus

Hell or high water I am maxing Perona and finishing off Whitebeard once and for all.

edit; And I guess I'm going to need to socket my new Doflamingo. What should I aim for with him? Lock/Despair/CD/...orbs??

Going Lock, Despair, CD, Autoheal on mine.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
I know, I meant Miss All Sunday. Just said Robin for some reason. Don't think I have base Robin.

If you have Miss All Sunday, she evolves into Nico Robin, which you definitely want to do. Special levels don't carry over across evolutions, so the Miss All Sunday books are kind of worthless unfortunately.

Kyou

If you have Miss All Sunday, she evolves into Nico Robin, which you definitely want to do. Special levels don't carry over across evolutions, so the Miss All Sunday books are kind of worthless unfortunately.

It was a different time when they thought changing specials between evolutions was a good idea

Jayhawk

At least I finally got Zeff to drop, thats something I guess

If you focused less on story characters and more on what gives best pirate exp for your stamina, you would be closer to 80 stamina for raid farming. X_X

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1eFGzsAvxwwwUJ77XLq62XZIUS_usqChQBkFw5rrS48I/edit#gid=0

With the buffs the newest fortnight give to your units, you can probably take on the 30 stamina version with your strongest Gear 2 team or a double Enel team with your best QCK units. You get a level up after only a few runs, and then you run some more.

RR30

She evolves? Welp I didn't even realize that. Thanks for the heads up lol. I've never used her and only recently got her. Don't think I have an Int burst team yet.

Hana-Bi

Man the sockets I get for Croc would be awesome on every other char...

2 heal, 1 orb, 1 cd from the last 5 copies. Still 9/35 sockets right now. :(

MANUELF

Banned
If you focused less on story characters and more on what gives best pirate exp for your stamina, you would be closer to 80 stamina for raid farming. X_X

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1eFGzsAvxwwwUJ77XLq62XZIUS_usqChQBkFw5rrS48I/edit#gid=0

With the buffs the newest fortnight give to your units, you can probably take on the 30 stamina version with your strongest Gear 2 team or a double Enel team with your best QCK units. You get a level up after only a few runs, and then you run some more.
I already beat them all in all difficulties though

Jayhawk

I already beat them all in all difficulties though

And? You keep farming for best pirate exp for your stamina. More copies of books and units for skill ups and sockets. A majority of this game is repeatedly grinding the same thing over and over. Raid bosses are worse because you're restricted to compacting all the grinding to one day at a time. Fortnights and coliseums are at least spread out over a week or more.

MANUELF

Banned
And? You keep farming for best pirate exp for your stamina. More copies of books and units for skill ups and sockets. A majority of this game is repeatedly grinding the same thing over and over. Raid bosses are worse because you're restricted to compacting all the grinding to one day at a time. Fortnights and coliseums are at least spread out over a week or more.
I do them when there arent any story characters I want to get, like now that I have Zeff and no other interesting character has a 2X drop I have been playing fortnights

Jayhawk

I do them when there arent any story characters I want to get, like now that I have Zeff and no other interesting character has a 2X drop I have been playing fortnights

There will always be islands with 2x drop. It doesn't mean it's worth spending stamina on them. Frankly, Zeff might have been a decent captain 600 days ago but he sucks now. So many better alternatives that are F2P and RR. Plus, Baratie gives shit pirate exp.

I just looked at what you pulled recently. Blamenco was one of those units. His book drops from Croc fortnight and his special is great for STR teams. The prison Mr 1 will also be a strong unit for your slasher teams. Croc fortnight should be a priority for you. Blamenco and prison Mr 1 are both more useful than Zeff at this point.

If you want to be farming Mihawk, pirate exp is WAY more important than shit units like Zeff. I would say a majority of story units are shit.

RalchAC

There will always be islands with 2x drop. It doesn't mean it's worth spending stamina on them. Frankly, Zeff might have been a decent captain 600 days ago but he sucks now. So many better alternatives that are F2P and RR. Plus, Baratie gives shit pirate exp.

I just looked at what you pulled recently. Blamenco was one of those units. His book drops from Croc fortnight and his special is great for STR teams. The prison Mr 1 will also be a strong unit for your slasher teams. Croc fortnight should be a priority for you. Blamenco and prison Mr 1 are both more useful than Zeff at this point.

If you want to be farming Mihawk, pirate exp is WAY more important than shit units like Zeff. I would say a majority of story units are shit.

I 100% agree with you.

Reaching 80 stamina is really important. It allows you to get more out of the game, especially on raid bosses.

Top priority should be able to do raid bosses. They're the easiest path to reach the high end content.

You've seen how bad relying on pulls can be.

Even when a fortnight character is so so the books can be really important. Getting characters cooldowns to 17 or lower is necessary for raids.

MANUELF

Banned
Ok, I will be spending the rest of the week playing the fortnights

I was looking for Zeff to be able to do that mission on the baratie just like I asked for a 2* shooter capitan earlier and no one saw it :(

Jayhawk

30 stamina fortnights also give a crap load of turtles and pigs for powering up units. I just looked at an older post with MANUELF's box, plus his recent pulls... he already has options for a decent slasher team. He just needs low cooldown specials for adding more oomph.

Arlong - STR beatstick
Ashura Zoro - DEX beatstick
Unevolved 3D2Y Brook - potential to be QCK beatstick
Raid Momonga - PSY beatstick, plus great ATK boosting special for cerebral units
T-Bone - another PSY beatstick
Story Croc - INT beatstick who can control his own orb via special
Helmeppo v2 - INT beatstick, bind reducer, great when you're likely to not have bind sockets for some time
Prison Mr 1 - slasher attack boosting special

MANUELF also has Caesar, and can create strong Driven teams with him.
Raid Blackbeard
Raid Enel
Diamante
Ashura Zoro
Smoker - you still need to evolve him
Count Butler - good INT beatstick from previous fortnight
Helmeppo v2

Most of your units could use a lot more exp. So pigs and turtles from fortnights would serve well. An issue with continuously getting new units is being unable to handle the process of leveling them all up due to lack of resources to support more units. It's better to have fewer high-level units than to have a higher quantity of low-level units.

EDIT: What's funny is that raid Doflamingo would be the ideal orb booster for both slashing and driven teams, but MANUELF needs to put in more work to get Doflamingo on farm status for a usable cooldown.

MANUELF

Banned
Yeah I used a driven team to beat Enel (AS Zoro, Smoker, Caesar, 3d2y Usopp, Smoker and Diamante with a friend AS Zoro)
And the problem to level the characters more is that they need millions to reach lvl 70+ so I usually leave them at 40+

Jayhawk

Yeah I used a driven team to beat Enel (AS Zoro, Smoker, Caesar, 3d2y Usopp, Smoker and Diamante with a friend AS Zoro)
And the problem to level the characters more is that they need millions to reach lvl 70+ so I usually leave them at 40+

You can't farm raid bosses with level 40 characters...

RedBoot

What would be a good level other than max?

I generally try to bring anyone I'm going to use frequently to level 70 (though nowadays with Princess Turtles I've started maxing people).

That being said, for Mihawk and some of the earlier raids, 50 should be fine, maybe get whatever Captains you're using even higher.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16

I'm doing lock, Despair, CD, autoheal.

His special already guarantees half the team has matching orbs even with bad RNG/ no orb stalling. Another orb manipulator should bring the total from 3 to 5 or 6. (IE: Rakuyo, col Vista, etc) on any team.

Edit: on a QCK team, put doffy and Lucci on the middle row for full matching orbs.

Now that I think about it, might make sense to resocket Lucci. With double Enel/ double Marco leads + doffy, should be at 15 Bind/despair.

RR30

What would be a good level other than max?

Focus on the characters you use and raid bosses and use the turtles from Turtle Time every week to get them up. Also use all of the porcs you get from fortnights to help level up characters. I would say 70 is a good start for your main team. Sooner or later you need/want your whole team to be max level though.

MANUELF

Banned
My strongest characters aside of Max Enel are Slasherdile, Kalifa and Squard in the mid 60s so I have a long way to go

PS: Got Prison Mr 1 to appear finally, now two secret characters and Krieg left

For some reason, I thought the new raid was next week, D:! I haven't prepared a strategy at all. I'm thinking I'll probably end up just getting 1 copy from the lower stam one, since I hear the higher stamina one is made for power creep we don't have yet.

What teams are y'all planning on?

MANUELF

Banned
For some reason, I thought the new raid was next week, D:! I haven't prepared a strategy at all. I'm thinking I'll probably end up just getting 1 copy from the lower stam one, since I hear the higher stamina one is made for power creep we don't have yet.

Double Enel, Kalifa, Diamante, DJ Sanji and Ain will try the 40 stamina one

GuardianE

Santa May Claus

I think I've settled on the following team:
zmcwSQC.png

The most reliable FTP team with Global units seems to be this one, or a derivative of this one:
FLx30Sy.png

Jayhawk

40 stamina Shiki only has a little above 2 million HP, so a double Enel team with the combination of Enel and Doflamingo specials, and at least another strong QCK unit or a QCK healer like Brook/Hancock/Marco would be fine for most people. DJ Sanji/Dog Penguin special, or Thousand Sunny (frees up a unit slot for a better unit) would deal the killing blow after your burst turn. The second Enel's special would also work for the killing blow. Depends if you were able to stall enough for both Enel cooldowns.

EDIT: Probably gonna use something similar to my Blackbeard farming team for 40-stamina Shiki: http://optc-db.github.io/damage/#/t...:99,418:99,365:99C1,10B0D0E1297Q0L0G0R18S100H

Kyou

Enel/Legend Marco, Legend Doffy, leopard lucci, mihawk, and Sugar

MANUELF

Banned
Don Krieg finally dropped, now only Pearl and the new DEX guy left

Edit: I have been doing damage calculations and if everyone has a neutral orb with no use of specials my team does over 200k of damage each turn against a STR enemy with 1000 defense(Dont know how bulky Shiki is)

Jayhawk

instead of lucci and dflamingo can i exchange them for killer and other lucci?

Leopard Lucci gives you QCK orbs and Doflamingo doubles orb effects and allows swapping. Your proposed alternatives do not make up for losing those benefits. You will need an orb booster in there like Kaku and reroll until Ivankov gives you 4+ QCK orbs.

As for MANUELF, considering Shiki swaps your captain, takes 50% HP off right away and damages every turn, you are not surviving without using specials to burst him down. Swapping your captain off Enel reduces your HP recovery until swapped back.

This raid is my subtle hint that I need to swap out some of my sockets for healing on a bunch of my QCK units. I have CD sockets on my QCK Lucci, Enel, and Ivankov. This of course was done before I pulled QCK legends that have a health gate attached to their captain ability. Before, running double Enel with 3000 HP recovery per turn made autoheal orbs feel redundant. And now because of this I don't have any sizable heal per turn to run teams that use Boa and Marco against Shiki. My best option for Shiki right now is Enel/Enel, Raid Doffy/Mihawk, and Gladius/QCK Lucci. I'm not sure if should be running the Moby Dick or the Sunny though. Moby for safety but Sunny for easier clear on the squid stage if I stall long enough.

On a somewhat related tangent, how on earth have some of you already socket maxed your legends? I skill maxed STR Urouge and have farmed 38 Smoker copies so I've been getting some socket book drops but I'm only about a third of the way done with Ace sockets and 75% finished on Ray. I see these fully socketted Sengokus and Aces and can't help but feel like I'm missing something.

Kumo

RIP my sleeping schedule. 3 meats in a row and I still have 2 more snails to open. -.- I leveled up earlier too...

Edit: Make that 4 meats. *screams internally*

I'm at something like 735/800 but mostly because I'm holding on to about 15 penguins of each color to use for evolving pigs. THANKS RAINBOW ROBBER PENGUIN FARMING!

RedBoot

Yay box space. Going straight to 1100 might be a bit too pricey right now, but I'll definitely get an extra 100 spaces or so. I want to farm both Duval and Kuma later this month, so that'll make space for them.

On a somewhat related tangent, how on earth have some of you already socket maxed your legends? I skill maxed STR Urouge and have farmed 38 Smoker copies so I've been getting some socket book drops but I'm only about a third of the way done with Ace sockets and 75% finished on Ray. I see these fully socketted Sengokus and Aces and can't help but feel like I'm missing something.

My Sengoku's at 23/25 right now, he's been getting all of my socket books so far from the colo. I had pretty solid luck on the first chunk of books (from the first colo wave), so coupled with average luck on the second wave plus around 10 or so books from Smoker farming has me where I am (didn't farm Urouge at all, only farmed Rebecca a little). Obviously I've been lucky, but if someone's been focusing on one legend exclusively with all the socket book rewards, I'd assume they're probably over halfway there.

That being said, I might switch over to a different character soon and wait for guaranteed socket books to finish off Sengoku. Much more likely to get useful stuff on someone else now.

Hana-Bi

12/50 on my Croc sockets right now. :( And the drop rate is even worse than yesterday...

If I went orb/cd instead it would be 19/20...

bjork

Sometimes the FP pull makes me wish I'd started playing later. Today was Yama, Croc, Mr. 4, and Dalton. Combined, that was probably 200+ runs on their respective levels back when I farmed them the regular way. Ah well.

For Shiki, I'm just gonna get the one copy and call it a day. I want to try and get the 2 more levels I need on Ace's skill, first and foremost.

Jayhawk

Box increase comes at a good time. I've been struggling to stay under 800, and was going to have trouble unless I started feeding books before the next skill up event.

MiTYH

Who's got two thumbs and is getting better with his G3 teams?

This guy!

Just did 6 runs of Smoker, only failed once (in Ryuma, of all places, since I missed two G3 times). Still, better than I did all weekend.

What's the best sockets for him? Might start feeding some today

Top Bottom