• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT3| Zephyr any day now...

RedBoot

Just did 6 runs of Smoker, only failed once (in Ryuma, of all places, since I missed two G3 times). Still, better than I did all weekend.

What's the best sockets for him? Might start feeding some today

I've been getting Cooldown for all my strikers just since Aokiji's skill is high even at max (18). So I'll be doing Cooldown, Autoheal, and probably Bind for my Smoker.

Hana-Bi

Okay, complaining seems to work. :) Got 4 useful sockets out of 8 Crocs and maxed bind and despair. Poison and Map (both at 3) aren't that important at the moment so I don't need to gem that hard anymore and maybe wait until Kimono Croc comes to global.

RR30

Not having a great time getting Croc to drop but the ones I'm getting are getting me useful sockets. 4 left to go for max sockets.

QCK Croc can be a decent Sengoku sub right? I might try and socket him a bit too while finishing up Mr 1 and Kidd.

Is the Bezan Black any good? Just got it
Eventually it will be useful to you for Turtle Time speed running with teams captained by 2x Purple Jabra or Jabra + Duval / 3D2Y Nami / Hack / Lao G / Rakuyo / Doma / Nero / Aisa / Any captain w/ strong CDR leadership ability. Example.

I usually run 2x Jabra + Fullbody (5 CD MAX). Reducing that 5 CD by 1 with Bezan Black means I can use him to wipe out the elder on the last stage and blaze through the stage almost as fast. If I run into a secret elder, it takes 3 turns to kill as he has 67 HP and I deal 24 damage per turn (Jabra's 18 hits + Fullbody's 6).

My Dog Penguin is still CD 11, so even with 3 turns reduced from a non-Jabra captain, it would be only be 7 CD aka still 3 turns of stall. Plus, it's faster to find Jabra FCs w/ the Same Captain feature vs looking for CD Reducing Captains.

bobohoro

I'm trying to figure out if I can take on Mingo on 40 stamina to get a copy to level and evolve for now.
The best team I can come up with is:

fnaaIBa.png

The damage to DEX is actually 308k with neutral orbs (forgot that Kyros was active in the picture). Burst with Franky/Kyros combo should go to around 750k, another smaller burst with the second Kyros and active orb boost by franky afterwards.

So I need to stall about 17 turns, burst the upper Doflamingo in the first two turns and then have 4 turns against the lower one, which should be doable with some orb luck.

Perona is there for safety, I actually have to farm her up in the two days before the raid, hopefully that goes well. If I'm able to burst down the first Mingo before his attack, I could even substitute her for another attacker, I guess.

Does that sound feasable?
Else I'll have to try it with G3, but I'm not confident in hitting my perfects so I'd rather avoid that.

Jayhawk

I'm trying to figure out if I can take on Mingo on 40 stamina to get a copy to level and evolve for now.
The best team I can come up with is:

fnaaIBa.png

The damage to DEX is actually 308k with neutral orbs (forgot that Kyros was active in the picture). Burst with Franky/Kyros combo should go to around 750k, another smaller burst with the second Kyros and active orb boost by franky afterwards.

So I need to stall about 17 turns, burst the upper Doflamingo in the first two turns and then have 4 turns against the lower one, which should be doable with some orb luck.

Perona is there for safety, I actually have to farm her up in the two days before the raid, hopefully that goes well. If I'm able to burst down the first Mingo before his attack, I could even substitute her for another attacker, I guess.

Does that sound feasable?
Else I'll have to try it with G3, but I'm not confident in hitting my perfects so I'd rather avoid that.

Perona starts at 23 CD, so I'd recommend Alvida instead. I'd also suggest using G3 and getting used to hitting perfects in 0 stamina training forest.

RedBoot

What are you guys doing with your smokers? Sockets for Dex Smoker or holding on to them for a skill up for Int?

Hoarding. I want to skill max INT Smoker. At the same time, I'm not worried about over-farming him either since any extras can go to DEX Smoker (who I've only got about 1/3 of the way socketed). I've got 40 copies so far, along with 12 or so skill books. I was going to shoot for 80 copies (basically 9-10 per day that the colo is active), which is probably too much, but colo farming is easy and lucrative, so I'm enjoying it.

Hana-Bi

With legend Doffy Shiki raid should be doable. :)

My team will be:

Double Enel
Lucci / Doffy
Gladius / WB

Will burst Shiki down on turn 1. :)

koryuken

For some reason, I thought the new raid was next week, D:! I haven't prepared a strategy at all. I'm thinking I'll probably end up just getting 1 copy from the lower stam one, since I hear the higher stamina one is made for power creep we don't have yet.

What teams are y'all planning on?

I'm going to run this modest quad Legend team. Essentially, whoever he swaps the captain with, I will still be able to do 500k+ damage with no orbs.Boa can delay and heal on the second turn if needed. Gladius will give me a nice 20% HP cut. When he revives, surviving his attack is easy since Marco captains reduce damage by 50%.

RXZvUF2.png

Majukun

i wonder if the RNG manipulation will be possible..first thing i'll do tomorrow before starting farming is checking that

my team is

legend marco
ener
leopard lucci
gladius
mihawk
doflamingo

if i can manipulate the swap to fall on gladius,it should be kind of easy..of course if i can stall 20 turns reliably

Kyou

Hoarding. I want to skill max INT Smoker. At the same time, I'm not worried about over-farming him either since any extras can go to DEX Smoker (who I've only got about 1/3 of the way socketed). I've got 40 copies so far, along with 12 or so skill books. I was going to shoot for 80 copies (basically 9-10 per day that the colo is active), which is probably too much, but colo farming is easy and lucrative, so I'm enjoying it.

Int Smoker seems good, I might just do that too.

I hadn't given it much thought because Smoker is just a byproduct of socket book farming

RR30

What are you guys doing with your smokers? Sockets for Dex Smoker or holding on to them for a skill up for Int?

Sockets for Dex Smoker. I feel with Sengoku it will be a better choice. If I have any more I'll try and skill max Smoker.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Wtf, friend just sent me a picture of him fighting Heracles on Smoker Colloseum.

Didn't know he can show up there.

Kumo

I decided to start feeding them since I had 100 copies and books combined and well, the skill ups kept coming so I kept feeding. :O Ended up socket maxing and 1 skill up away with around 80 copies + books used. I used the remaining 20 on DEX Smoker and I plan on finishing Colo Smoker with only skillbooks for maximum efficiency.

Tidd

Whoa, the Strawhats in those suits look awesome, they should use them as characters we can get in the game!

... :(

Why did Nami's outfit suddenly change at the beginning? :p
The normal TC outfits are soooo ugly. <.<

Edit: Stalling on the red guy in the front row is really easy with one Enel. He does like 100 damage. You should get a meat once in a while to negate that.

Jayhawk

40 stamina Shiki was very easy with my planned team. His captain swap put Hancock in as captain, so he wanted me to do even more damage in my one-turn burst. Second Enel special killed him after revive.

Kyou

40 Stamina Shiki was an absolute cakewalk

60 stamina was a waking nightmare that I had to fight tooth and nail to manage to beat without gemming (still my first try but it was rough)

I think I'll be just running 40 stamina and getting as many Shikis as I can

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
FYI, resetting Shiki's captain swap always changes to the bottom right. I know it was speculated, but it's now confirmed.

And 60 stamina is down.

RedBoot

Beginner's set is pretty cool, assuming the price is decent. Ten gems will get me +100 box space, and hopefully it'll come with 3D2Y Luffy from the free pull (he's the only thing on that list that I don't have anyway).

This looks soooooo awesome! Dat high quality.

Strong World's animation had some real bucks behind it, I guess. It was a pretty big event when it came out, it'd been a while since the last movie (and even longer since the last movie that wasn't a rehash).

40 stamina Shiki is pretty easy. Kind of scared to try 60 tho. :p

I'm not too surprised to see the SW outfits in there. I get the feeling they renegotiated a lot of the rights for the movie stuff, which is why we got Z and everything else to begin with. The SW replacements still make sense though, they're future-proof (as is the reworked Aokiji forest, and any colo that uses the SW replacements).

I fucked up my first 60 stamina run by not prioritizing the guy that despairs you on the second stage as sometimes the cooldowns can be scary. The Sunny definitely helps clear a stage if one of your QCK units gets paralyzed. This might be a long farm.

Ace forest announced! I'm at 986 cola so I assume they must have known.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
This raid really highlights all the bad CD Enel friends.

I fucked up my first 60 stamina run by not prioritizing the guy that despairs you on the second stage as sometimes the cooldowns can be scary. The Sunny definitely helps clear a stage if one of your QCK units gets paralyzed. This might be a long farm.

Ace forest announced! I'm at 986 cola so I assume they must have known.

Stage 2 is probably the scariest part if the CDs are low.

Tidd

So 3rd try and I finally got him down. That happens if you go in semi-blind on a raid boss.
Changed my team from a Marco/Enel team to double Enel with Whitebeard, Lucci, Doffy and Ivankov. That way I can kill him turn 1 if I hit all perfects. Wish I had Gladius or Leo and it would be much easier. :( Maybe I should bring SW Usopp. 10% damage cut is better than nothing.

I thought I was smart and brought the Moby Dick to one of my attempts because "hey more HP is always helpful". NOPE you want that 50k damage on stage 3... The green squid paralyze you every fucking turn!!!!

RedBoot

I thought I was smart and brought the Moby Dick to one of my attempts because "hey more HP is always helpful". NOPE you want that 50k damage on stage 3... The green squid paralyze you every fucking turn!!!!

I'm finding it hard to deal with that squid too. Obviously, auto-target doesn't help, and I seem to have trouble actually targeting the squid mid-attack. I think his hit-box is screwy due to his size. :/

Tidd

I'm finding it hard to deal with that squid too. Obviously, auto-target doesn't help, and I seem to have trouble actually targeting the squid mid-attack. I think his hit-box is screwy due to his size. :/

Yeah, just had problems to target him even before I attacked. Had to click like 3 times till I got it right.
And I just found out that the squid can also paralyze your captain. <.<

I may just have had to stall out 11 turns of blindness but hey, I still won!

Oh, this is what you meant.... ._.

Yep, 30 copies are definitely enough for now. You have to be at 100% for this raid.

Just beat 60 stamina on my first try with this team

xtSs5Al.png

Burst shiki on turn 1 and make sure he swaps your captain to whitebeard. It was pretty easy, granted I got lucky with the CDs on stage 2. The qck mobs on stage 2 will also increase whitebeards cooldown every 2 turns, which I had to deal with since I couldn't kill them in time. But the int cannoneer can be stalled on so it worked out.

I've started running into the problem of having the squid paralyze a QCK unit which would then force me to use the Sunny, only then to have the problem of not being able to stall off the paralysis in order to kill the dumb birds on the next turn before they start screwing with me with their bullshit.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
I've started running into the problem of having the squid paralyze a QCK unit which would then force me to use the Sunny, only then to have the problem of not being able to stall off the paralysis in order to kill the dumb birds on the next turn before they start screwing with me with their bullshit.

EDIT: Nevermind, I misread. The CD on that stage can mess with you too. I need to start trying to kill a mob in between the seahorse and doing a bit of damage to the bug/bird on turn 1. The lobster and the crab have so few HP, that you can salvage a bad CD stage 4 that way.

Tidd

Burst shiki on turn 1 and make sure he swaps your captain to whitebeard. It was pretty easy, granted I got lucky with the CDs on stage 2. The qck mobs on stage 2 will also increase whitebeards cooldown every 2 turns, which I had to deal with since I couldn't kill them in time. But the int cannoneer can be stalled on so it worked out.

Wouldn't double Enel be a better team? That way you can use his special twice. Once for the boost and to get you down to <30% and the 2nd time to kill Shiki.

Majukun

FYI, resetting Shiki's captain swap always changes to the bottom right. I know it was speculated, but it's now confirmed.

And 60 stamina is down.
came for this, thanks.
now I only need to check if I can stall efficiently.

xtSs5Al.png

did you had autoheal?

Wouldn't double Enel be a better team? That way you can use his special twice. Once for the boost and to get you down to <30% and the 2nd time to kill Shiki.

Yeah double enel might be ideal. My enels special level is just pretty bad, and even with the higher heal per turn I was concerned about stalling since it was my first run, but even with a bad special level it should work. I might try that next.

did you had autoheal?
Yeah, but only a level 2 autoheal. Anything helps I guess.

chrono01

I really need to work on my Enel. Since I took a break a while back, I haven't worked on skilling/socketing him at all. He's still Level 1 (5*, at least), so I have a lot of work to do.

I guess I'll farm Shiki when he returns. :/

Tidd

did you had autoheal?

Change Marco for a 2nd Enel and you have your Auto-Heal. That variant is my best team so far. I believe this is the first time I really used Whitebeard since I pulled him in January and now I'm glad I pulled him. :D

Yeah double enel might be ideal. My enels special level is just pretty bad, and even with the higher heal per turn I was concerned about stalling since it was my first run, but even with a bad special level it should work. I might try that next.

Oh, right. If your Enel isn't maxed it's probably slower. But thanks to you I have my team now. That 2nd 30% cutter is so helpful in case you fuck up one or two perfects. Thanks for the idea. :)

I really need to work on my Enel. Since I took a break a while back, I haven't worked on skilling/socketing him at all. He's still Level 1 (5*, at least), so I have a lot of work to do.

I guess I'll farm Shiki when he returns. :/

You should have a meat and could max Enel that way. :p
Skills or sockets aren't really important for Shiki, all you need is Enel's captain ability and stall till everything is ready.

chrono01

You should have a meat and could max Enel that way. :p
Skills or sockets aren't really important for Shiki, all you need is Enel's captain ability and stall till everything is ready.
I didn't even think about the using the anniversary meat, haha. Good call!

I don't have Leopard Lucci though, and I see him listed in a lot of teams. I could maybe give 40-stamina a go and see how it is.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Oof, had a horrible stage 2 with 5 CD 1s, luckily Double Enel can stall forever so I popped most my specials. :3

Tidd

I didn't even think about the using the anniversary meat, haha. Good call!

I don't have Leopard Lucci though, and I see him listed in a lot of teams. I could maybe give 40-stamina a go and see how it is.

He's not necessary but makes it a lot easier to get blue orbs. You could use other orb converters such as Capone, Doma or story QCK Kaku, if you have them. Hmm otherwise you could just reroll your Ivankov special till you get enough QCK orbs... But that could take a few tries.

Jayhawk

Managed to beat Shiki 60 stamina after 1 gem. I probably could have done it without the gem if some of the trash mobs started with their higher possible cooldowns for my stalling. It would have been better if I had fed my 33 Enels for better skill up. Oh well.

Top Bottom