• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT3| Zephyr any day now...

Kyou

The video wasn't necessary because why shouldn't we believe you? :)
But yeah it seems like it depends on the game. Others report the same. Some get the left swap others the right one.
It must decide at the start of the level, like most things

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
The video wasn't necessary because why shouldn't we believe you? :)
But yeah it seems like it depends on the game. Others report the same. Some get the left swap others the right one.

I took it just to make sure I wasn't somehow messing something up or doing something weird, but that is strange. I don't think anyone had it swap to the bottom left last time.

what's your turtle time number? Mine's 6. I wonder if there's two versions or something because he's DEFINITELY doing bottom right for me.

I think mine is 3.

Tidd

It must decide at the start of the level, like most things

Nah, I would say it's definitely fixed. There's some reddit guy who has 2 accounts and he always got the same results. Same for me, got always right so far in 5 runs and it looks like that GuardianE always got the bottom left character. Sure it could be RNG but I doubt it.

I took it just to make sure I wasn't somehow messing something up or doing something weird, but that is strange. I don't think anyone had it swap to the bottom left last time.

I think mine is 3.

Yes, it was the bottom right one for everyone when we got him for the first time.
My 6th digit is also a 3. So that has nothing to do with it.

Kyou

it's really strange to have it tied at an account level but not have it use the same methods as the other stuff

BN is weird

bjork

I can do Shiki 40 with
Enel/Enel
Boa/Doflamingo
QCK/QCK

but 2 runs and no drop yet. I don't have the juice on my QCK units to do the 60 reliably, yet. It'll be a shame if we only get Shiki one more time after this.

I wonder if Bamco will ever make FP recruit useful, wasting points on fodder units is not a very wise thing to do so of course no one does, I believe it would be way more used if instead of fodder you could always find baby turtles and pigs with the adult and elder turtles in events

7/11 was the greatest day in the history of OPTC.

Hisoka

I think mine is 3.

It's bottom left for me too.. Nr. 0
That infact costed me my first run :/ fuuu!

MANUELF

Banned
Man, 60 stamina.

It isn't Shiki that gets me, it's the mobs. Shit is brutal

I managed to reach Shiki on my first try on 60 stamina but I couldnt beat him, 7k each turn was too much for me plus his health cut and his captain switch :/

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
I'm running:

Enel / Enel
Legend Doffy / Leopard Lucci
Raidhawk / Legend Marco.

Hana-Bi

Man, 60 stamina.

It isn't Shiki that gets me, it's the mobs. Shit is brutal
Yeah those earlier stages are crazy. And then I see some posts on reddit with teams with more than one non qck unit and I can't understand how this should work.

Ran Shiki twice today, cleared it both times but on stage 2 I got the green guys with a cd of 1 and bad orbs...

btw for the people struggling with shiki pirates, here's my 30 sta team:

doffy/doffy
fossa/shiki
H.Zoro/3D2Y Brook

Using brook to fully swap block orbs into matching & then using doffy + fossa allows me to easily insta-KO Indigo, while double doffy gives me enough hp to take several hits from the ape.

I basically never get close to dying, though level 1 antilock is necessary if you use brook.

bobohoro

Third free pull was base Sanji.
Which actually worked out well because I could evolve my Duval with him.

Farmed evolvers and actually have a pretty good stash of most of them for now. Still needing about 5-6 lobsters, when will that cavern return Bandai?

MiTYH

Free pull: Dupe Whitey Bay. Not terrible, free socket at least

Speaking of, after running Shiki's raid, it bothers me that there isn't an anti-paralysis socket. I know they need to add new features to keep things fresh, but that and blind should be sockets, not damage reduction or things like that. I don't know, I'd just rather have things with better sockets.

Might try 60 stamin shiki later today. I can run 40 pretty easily (lots of stalling since my Enel still has a terrible cooldown). 1/3, so I should probably find a better team

RalchAC

Free pull: Dupe Whitey Bay. Not terrible, free socket at least

Speaking of, after running Shiki's raid, it bothers me that there isn't an anti-paralysis socket. I know they need to add new features to keep things fresh, but that and blind should be sockets, not damage reduction or things like that. I don't know, I'd just rather have things with better sockets.

Well, some Sailor Abilities counter those kind of debuffs. The problem is that we are getting newer content earlier (relatively speaking) while updates aren't keeping the same pace.

And Halloween Robin. I just hope they change some Japan unit to give a F2P Blind remover.

Hana-Bi

7 Shiki runs today and I cleared them every time. :) Auto heal level 5 really helps on my Enel team.

Won't have the time to farm him that much today so I hope I'll get 8 more today.

Jayhawk

I have had 2 excellent pulls and a bad one so the jury is still out

The jury is still not out on whether YOLO pulls outside of sugofests are a good idea... for fuck's sake. The value of a silver poster is already bad, and the value of a non-boosted gold poster decreases the more you play the game because the likelihood it's a dupe increases as you collect more units.

EDIT: Looking at the current global RR pool of 4-star INT units, I'm only missing 3 of them. I'm not counting the units that were limited-time, special events. Yikes. This should help me even more avoid this upcoming sugofest. I am guessing a lot of long time players will also have a lot of the 4-star units in the global RR pool just based on total number of pulls they've accumulated.

bjork

Most of the newer ones haven't, right? I'm still waiting on Lucci and Barto books as well.

Though when we get IntHawk books I'll be maxing that ASAP. It's my most used team/character.

I'm not sure about our schedule for them, but the way the drop table at the github shows it, the first place to get

legend Mihawk books: first WB pirates FN
legend Lucci: Heart pirates FN
legend Doflamingo: Nico Olvia FN
Bartolomeo: Reovlutionary FN

Of those, it looks like Bartolomeo is the furthest out? I guess we'll see.

Adeptrain

I'm not sure about our schedule for them, but the way the drop table at the github shows it, the first place to get

legend Mihawk books: first WB pirates FN
legend Lucci: Heart pirates FN
legend Doflamingo: Nico Olvia FN
Bartolomeo: Reovlutionary FN

Of those, it looks like Bartolomeo is the furthest out? I guess we'll see.

Thx for laying it out like that :) I keep an eye out for those fortnights then I guess

RalchAC

The jury is still not out on whether YOLO pulls outside of sugofests are a good idea... for fuck's sake. The value of a silver poster is already bad, and the value of a non-boosted gold poster decreases the more you play the game because the likelihood it's a dupe increases as you collect more units.

EDIT: Looking at the current global RR pool of 4-star INT units, I'm only missing 3 of them. I'm not counting the units that were limited-time, special events. Yikes. This should help me even more avoid this upcoming sugofest. I am guessing a lot of long time players will also have a lot of the 4-star units in the global RR pool just based on total number of pulls they've accumulated.

Seeing how we get a new Sugo every two weeks now (so we don't skip colour boosts like in the early days) there is no reason to yolo pull at all.

It seems I've had better luck than most though. 3 pulls, 2 new, 1 quire good unit. I've pulled SW Sanji, Chopper and Chinjao.

Tidd

I hate the Shiki raid... it's so annoying and you need to pay attention to every single round. Hope it never returns after the 3rd time. :p

Kyou

I hate the Shiki raid... it's so annoying and you need to pay attention to every single round. Hope it never returns after the 3rd time. :p
I'm basically running a mental checklist every turn to make sure I'm not forgetting something that will instantly kill me

edit: Augh and dead again, missed once on Shiki :( I can't take this anymore, even with the non-guaranteed drop I think I'd have been better off doing 40 stamina

RedBoot

Honestly, I'm not planning on maxing mine any time soon. I'm not sure it's really necessary unless you happen to have Legend Doffy or Fujitora. He's a pretty specific unit compared to raid bosses like Mihawk, Doffy, Kuma, etc, who can help any team.

I still have to max Kuma, and we've got Boa, Kizaru, and Sabo coming in the future. I'd rather put my efforts there.

Jayhawk

The half stamina fortnights burned me out, I'm gonna quit stamina-optimizing this game for a while & mostly just log in for gems.

There were weeks earlier this year where all I did was collect gems from the logins and maybe do snails for colas and what not.

This week, I can't find time to actually use stamina to prevent the bar from being full during half-stamina especially during work days... especially if it's not for units on my go-to teams or a character from the series I really like.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
I'm actually not sure what to socket my shiki with. Bind/Despair/CD or o Bind/Despair/Auto-heal is safe, but on the other hand, Driven has a LOT of sockets to work with - might be better to go pure utility

Majukun

finished my shiki farming (80 copies) and done my first 40 stamina fireza..i don't think i'm gonna farm it though..i'll probably stick to the golen pirates fn rying to get the other sanji skillbooks

I'm actually not sure what to socket my shiki with. Bind/Despair/CD or o Bind/Despair/Auto-heal is safe, but on the other hand, Driven has a LOT of sockets to work with - might be better to go pure utility

i'm gonna go with heal,orb and one between lock and despair..but just because i have planned my sockets that way for my fuji team
if you plan using him as a captain for a driven team lock and despair should be a priority

RalchAC

Honestly, I'm not planning on maxing mine any time soon. I'm not sure it's really necessary unless you happen to have Legend Doffy or Fujitora. He's a pretty specific unit compared to raid bosses like Mihawk, Doffy, Kuma, etc, who can help any team.

I still have to max Kuma, and we've got Boa, Kizaru, and Sabo coming in the future. I'd rather put my efforts there.

I'm not in a hurry either. Pica + Coliseum Kid give a full board of matching orbs to Driven teams, and I already have Caesar for boosting their attack.

He's a slasher so autoheal is a high priority and if you plan on ever using him on a QCK Doffy team, it'll be just as useful as you can't use meat orbs to heal unless you want to lose all your damage. I'm going with the tried and true autoheal/bind/despair.

I hit 70 copies earlier so I think that might be enough, I hope.

That's a funny way of saying Gil Tesoro. I'm somewhat expecting it due to the fact that after the next FN, the next possible one could be Gran Tesoro one, which would line up with the unscheduled raids in late November. It's nice to see the movie content hit global but it has the unintended side effect of delaying the release of other legend skill books. We've had SW Ace, Marco, and SW Shanks books repeated in two different FNs so far but no sign of INThawk, which could be another 6 or so FNs away with the WB allies FN.

RalchAC

Tesoro is easy.

Yeah. Tesoro has 3 difficulties: 30, 40 and 60 stamina.

60 stamina launched the second time he appeared and was the only way to get the Rainbow Crab required to evolve him to 5 star. Which apparently has similar stats, same special, but an improved captain ability.

Said difficulty drops other niceties like socketbooks or something like that, iirc. But Tesoro has a 100% drop rate in 40 stamina too.

Source: me being curious and lurking various places.

RedBoot

That's a funny way of saying Gil Tesoro. I'm somewhat expecting it due to the fact that after the next FN, the next possible one could be Gran Tesoro one, which would line up with the unscheduled raids in late November.

Oh yeah, forgot about him, was mostly thinking 60 stam (even though Tesoro got a 60 stam version later). I'll be farming him too, single character orb fixing is pretty awesome.

And yeah, I'd expect him or Nightmare Luffy to be next. The ones I mentioned could be far off. In fact, at this point I'd say we're actually a little behind on raid bosses, as we're roughly 2-3 months from Marineford story mode and the Admiral legends, but we're waaaay off from being ready for Raid Akainu (both on not having the raid bosses we need and not having the colo characters we need).

Yeah. Tesoro has 3 difficulties: 30, 40 and 60 stamina.

60 stamina launched the second time he appeared and was the only way to get the Rainbow Crab required to evolve him to 5 star. Which apparently has similar stats, same special, but an improved captain ability.

Said difficulty drops other niceties like socketbooks or something like that, iirc. But Tesoro has a 100% drop rate in 40 stamina too.

Source: me being curious and lurking various places.

Both 40 and 60 are guaranteed drops, which is nice since he has 5 slots to socket. Gamewith says 60 stamina has a 12% tome drop rate and something like 20% for CC. The rainbow crab evolver has a 4% drop rate, which is kinda sad and funny if you ask me. Fortunately his unevolved form still has 5 slots so the only real reason you'd need to evolve him is for his stats.

Top Bottom