• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT3| Zephyr any day now...

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Yeah, legend IntHawk is still good. I just messed up a little but hitting those perfects on your burst turn is crucial (needed only one IntHawk special to beat Frieza).

What team did you use with your legend Croc? Might go for it but I don't have Kumas cd low enough...

And the reqards aren't that great either. The books aren't that great and I didn't get candy or tomes so colo runs or half stamina fn runs seems to be the better option right now.

What's your Kuma CD? You can stall for a good bit on evolver stages. If you're anywhere around 20 to 25, you might be ok. I'm just using the standard Croc team- Doffy, 3D2Y Robin, Heraclesn, Kuma.

Hana-Bi

What's your Kuma CD? You can stall for a good bit on evolver stages. If you're anywhere around 20 to 25, you might be ok. I'm just using the standard Croc team- Doffy, 3D2Y Robin, Heraclesn, Kuma.
Couldn't farm him last time so I got maybe 1 or 2 skills ups (leveled two copies of Kuma up...).

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Couldn't farm him last time so I got maybe 1 or 2 skills ups (leveled two copies of Kuma up...).

That might be a little dicier. Kuma definitely helps with one of the bursts but it might not be necessary (I don't have to hit with all characters to kill during the second burst), but I haven't run the numbers.

MiTYH

I think... I'm going to have to stop focusing on being a completionist. Normally I go for every secret character, but this Movie FN we're in... I just don't care. I don't have 3d2y sanji, so the books I'm getting I'm keeping, but everything else is not worthwhile. I'd rather farm frieza or coliseum hawkins than this FN, and the secret character isn't even good. So.... yeah. Goodbye 100% rate on those

You having Whitebeard should make you lean towards farming Hawkins more than Wyper. Put Hawkins and raid Doflamingo in your middle row, and now your Whitebeard teams have their orb situation set for at least four units and the Doffy special orb boost. Then QCK units in the bottom row or other units that can change their own orb.

Thanks!

Replaced Smoker with Mihawk in my Hawkins farming team and that makes things hella easier. Smoker would theoretically help against Hawkins' counter, but WB and Mihawk's specials plus Doffy can finish off Hawkins in 1 turn anyway.

I hope I get a 3d2y or SW Zoro/Brook from one of these free pulls. Their halloween versions are really clogging up my box.

Jayhawk

Thanks!

Replaced Smoker with Mihawk in my Hawkins farming team and that makes things hella easier. Smoker would theoretically help against Hawkins' counter, but WB and Mihawk's specials plus Doffy can finish off Hawkins in 1 turn anyway.

I hope I get a 3d2y or SW Zoro/Brook from one of these free pulls. Their halloween versions are really clogging up my box.

Another point about Hawkins over Wyper is that 2nd anniversary Ace is a 1.75x Free Spirit booster that we all get and already starts at max skill. His special is already 1 turn lower than a max Wyper and Wyper is only a 1.5x Free Spirit booster. Coliseum Apoo is also a 1.75x Free Spirit booster.

RedBoot

For anyone farming Hawkins: have you been seeing many socket book drops? I'm seeing way less than I did when farming Smoker (in fact, I'm not sure I've gotten any outside of Heracles'n appearances). Meanwhile, I'm seeing +3 Cotton Candy and even Cola. Basically, I'm wondering if Mr. Prince has different drop rates than the usual mid-bosses, since he's sort of associated with Cotton Candy and Cola in Restaurant Le Crap.

Tidd

For anyone farming Hawkins: have you been seeing many socket book drops? I'm seeing way less than I did when farming Smoker (in fact, I'm not sure I've gotten any outside of Heracles'n appearances). Meanwhile, I'm seeing +3 Cotton Candy and even Cola. Basically, I'm wondering if Mr. Prince has different drop rates than the usual mid-bosses, since he's sort of associated with Cotton Candy and Cola in Restaurant Le Crap.

Only did 3 runs today got 1 tome and 2 belli bags. :p
It's RNG. Tomes have a drop rate around 7% for each chaos colosseum. Of course there are moment you don't see them at all. And congrats to the +3 CC. It's rarer than a tome. :D

EMT0

Banned
Farming for 3D2Y skilbooks has been...lackluster so far. Using up all of my stamina only got me one book on 15 stamina Dr Indigo, so approximately 1 in 11 runs. Anyone have any insight on if it's more common at 30? I can pull off 30, albeit not reliably, while I can mindlessly power through 15. If it means more skillbooks though, I'll step it up.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Farming for 3D2Y skilbooks has been...lackluster so far. Using up all of my stamina only got me one book on 15 stamina Dr Indigo, so approximately 1 in 11 runs. Anyone have any insight on if it's more common at 30? I can pull off 30, albeit not reliably, while I can mindlessly power through 15. If it means more skillbooks though, I'll step it up.

The higher stamina is always better to farm, with rare exception such as Kuro fortnight. On 30 stamina you pretty much always get one drop per stage, and the overall droprate for both books and characters are higher than 15, even taking into account the lower stamina cost.

If you can farm 30, definitely farm 30.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Man I'm really having trouble finding a reliable 40 stamina frieza team. I don't own sengoku or SW Shanks, and none of my fixed damage dealers (except log luffy, who is still at 23
CD) have complete bind/despair sockets.

sasari

What do you guys reckon? I have 20 times and Corazon/Whiteboard/Legend Marco.

My Rayleigh is maxed on his sockets and I generally use Rayleigh teams for everything

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
What do you guys reckon? I have 20 times and Corazon/Whiteboard/Legend Marco.

My Rayleigh is maxed on his sockets and I generally use Rayleigh teams for everything

I would say Legend Marco. He's a top 5 sub in the game, can go on any team.

Edit: Heads up, everyone: Apparently, in Japan, when Shiki came around the second time, the reroll trick on his preemptive switch always resulted in the lower left character being used (It used the lower right character the first time shiki came around). So watch out for that change!

MANUELF

Banned
So I was close to a level up and have my stamina bar pretty much at 3/4 so to not waste my stamina I went to farm some characters on syrup village and I got Kuro before any of the other characters on there

Also I cant reliably beat 30 stamina Indigo so Im farming 15 stamina and Sanji is a very rare drop

EMT0

Banned
Also I cant reliably beat 30 stamina Indigo so Im farming 15 stamina and Sanji is a very rare drop

Know that feel man :(

I'm at three books atm after a day of powering through, and I'm pretty sure only one came from 15 stamina. I really wish I could do 30 consistently, because I can pull it off for T-Bone and Kamabakka Kingdom. I get enough experience from those runs that I can effectively minmax to play almost nonstop if I'm attentive. Can't say the same for 15 stamina Dr. Indigo. I can pull off every other run at 30 stamina, but I don't have the firepower to burst Indigo reliably.

Ironically, that's because my 3D2Y Sanji's special is too low and I get my stuffing beat in before I get a chance to use his special to burst Indigo. But to be fair, my team isn't particularly good. I'm rolling with double 3D2Y Sanji as captains, GP Usopp for stall, Arlong and Arm Point Chopper for Powerhouse STR beaters against Indigo, and Marco for a Powerhouse PSY beater against Scarlet. I'd replace Marco, but I don't have a better PSY Powerhouse character yet.

Adeptrain

So I was close to a level up and have my stamina bar pretty much at 3/4 so to not waste my stamina I went to farm some characters on syrup village and I got Kuro before any of the other characters on there

You are so lucky on story character drops! :) I'm currently trying to put together a colleseum team to farm Hawkins..I need to level him up I think.

MANUELF

Banned
Know that feel man :(

I'm at three books atm after a day of powering through, and I'm pretty sure only one came from 15 stamina. I really wish I could do 30 consistently, because I can pull it off for T-Bone and Kamabakka Kingdom. I get enough experience from those runs that I can effectively minmax to play almost nonstop if I'm attentive. Can't say the same for 15 stamina Dr. Indigo. I can pull off every other run at 30 stamina, but I don't have the firepower to burst Indigo reliably.

Ironically, that's because my 3D2Y Sanji's special is too low and I get my stuffing beat in before I get a chance to use his special to burst Indigo. But to be fair, my team isn't particularly good. I'm rolling with double 3D2Y Sanji as captains, GP Usopp for stall, Arlong and Arm Point Chopper for Powerhouse STR beaters against Indigo, and Marco for a Powerhouse PSY beater against Scarlet. I'd replace Marco, but I don't have a better PSY Powerhouse character yet.
The thing that gets me is when Indigo despair both of your captains for 3 turns AND paralyzes your team for 3 turns, if not for that I could farm him easily

My free pull today was no good, got 3* Pell :(

RedBoot

My totally reasonable goal for the 5 free pulls was to get one new character. At this point, I might settle for a gold poster of anything. :/

Nami and Robin Film Z is the next fortnight, no surprise. I thought they might push this one off since we've seen a lot of Nami and Robin in fortnights lately (and still have Kimono Hats 2 to come), but they're clearly going through all the film fortnights. Really wish I had any of the SW or 3D2Y Nami and Robins...

Also, this should put us just two weeks from Gran Tesoro. Baccarat time soon...

Tidd

Skipfest! Or at least I won't do a multi-pull because I have Ace and Shanks. But I try to skip it.

Also, this should put us just two weeks from Gran Tesoro. Baccarat time soon...

We need Raid Sabo ASAP. So we can run fortnights with double Baccarat. :D
Dupe all the the fodder units!

oh god I think I forgot how to beat shiki. Died my first 3 runs

Yeah, I'm scared about this. Do we know if they changed the fixed captain swap after restarting the game? Because it's important for my team. :D

Tidd

Lost my first 2

Should write "ALWAYS KILL BLUE GUY FIRST" on the back of my hand

Edit: I tested Captain swap cheesing, it's still bottom right

Ok, thanks! :)

Edit: HAHAHAH first room: dead! That's a great start. :)

Edit 2: 2nd room dead.... 3 more tries and I should get it.

I seriously doubt that this was my team...

Kyou

I'm rolling Enel, Enel, Qck Doffy, Leopard Lucci, Mihawk and Sugar

taking out Shiki with Sugar feels good every time

Arm point chopper on the free pull today but did get
Dream chaser sanji yesterday which is a new unit and quite nice

Finally maxed my 3d2y zoro in terms of levels though i'm saving his skill up books for the double up event whenever that is
(one of my favourite units atm)

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
So I read that it's left or right. Maybe they fixed it and it's random every single time?

I've been resetting pretty often, and so far it's switched to bottom left every time. I think this is how it was in Japan too. The first time he came out, it would always swap to bottom right, but the second time he came out, it swapped to bottom left. I think that's what Zeenigami said.

Kyou

I've been resetting pretty often, and so far it's switched to bottom left every time. I think this is how it was in Japan too. The first time he came out, it would always swap to bottom right, but the second time he came out, it swapped to bottom left. I think that's what Zeenigami said.
he swapped with Mihawk(bottom left) so I thought I'd see what resetting did and when I restarted he swapped with Sugar(bottom right)

strange

EMT0

Banned
The thing that gets me is when Indigo despair both of your captains for 3 turns AND paralyzes your team for 3 turns, if not for that I could farm him easily

I have the opposite problem now with the above team; bursting Indigo from mostly full is actually pretty straightforward with the current stall game I got going on to get Sanji's special off. But then the gorilla gets me because I fail to burst him on the next turn; either I burst him then and there, or I die. A recurring problem I run into is that my Marco is a turn off from being able to heal me when this happens. Skill up events can't come soon enough so that I can abuse Marco's special more often.

That damn gorilla just got me when it was <5k HP to death just now :(

Nami and Robin Film Z is the next fortnight, no surprise. I thought they might push this one off since we've seen a lot of Nami and Robin in fortnights lately (and still have Kimono Hats 2 to come), but they're clearly going through all the film fortnights. Really wish I had any of the SW or 3D2Y Nami and Robins...

What's SW Nami good for? I got her during my multipull last Sugofest but was underwhelmed after reading her effect. Late game bosses?

Tidd

he swapped with Mihawk(bottom left) so I thought I'd see what resetting did and when I restarted he swapped with Sugar(bottom right)

strange

What if the switch is the opposite of what he did originally? That's the only explanation. I mean people who don't want the bottom right character would always reset to get the bottom left one. So they only experience this. The same goes for the ones who want the bottom right character as a captain.

Kyou

Just tried again. Swapped Sugar first, reset, swapped Sugar

reset again, swapped Sugar
again, Sugar

seems to always be bottom right for me

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
I'll try again when he swaps to bottom left first and see if he switches to bottom right, but I even switched my team around because he swapped to bottom left the first time. We'll eventually figure this out!

Kyou

I'll try again when he swaps to bottom left first and see if he switches to bottom right, but I even switched my team around because he swapped to bottom left the first time. We'll eventually figure this out!

what's your turtle time number? Mine's 6. I wonder if there's two versions or something because he's DEFINITELY doing bottom right for me.

MANUELF

Banned
I have the opposite problem now with the above team; bursting Indigo from mostly full is actually pretty straightforward with the current stall game I got going on to get Sanji's special off. But then the gorilla gets me because I fail to burst him on the next turn; either I burst him then and there, or I die. A recurring problem I run into is that my Marco is a turn off from being able to heal me when this happens. Skill up events can't come soon enough so that I can abuse Marco's special more often.
Maybe I should stall for their specials since I have over 50k HP on there, I usually rush to the boss which is not a problem in 15 stamina

What if the switch is the opposite of what he did originally? That's the only explanation. I mean people who don't want the bottom right character would always reset to get the bottom left one. So they only experience this. The same goes for the ones who want the bottom right character as a captain.

Sounds possible.

I did 4 runs earlier and each time I've reset when he swapped in my Mihawk (bottom left), I would then get my Marco swapped in (bottom right.)

Tidd

First run I had to reset and it's bottom right for me...
Originally he swapped Sugar and after the reset it was Sugar again.

MANUELF

Banned
I wonder if Bamco will ever make FP recruit useful, wasting points on fodder units is not a very wise thing to do so of course no one does, I believe it would be way more used if instead of fodder you could always find baby turtles and pigs with the adult and elder turtles in events

RedBoot

What's SW Nami good for? I got her during my multipull last Sugofest but was underwhelmed after reading her effect. Late game bosses?

Not much, actually. I just mentioned her because she'd be a good place to use Nami copies since I'm pretty much done with socketing Towel, Log, and Mirage Nami.

There's value in getting any character with four full sockets, of course, and SW Nami does get a bit better when Sailor abilities get added (DEX orbs become beneficial for her). Her skill can let you survive an extra turn as well. If you're short on strong QCK units, she might see use.

Top Bottom