• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT3| Zephyr any day now...

Tidd

Both 40 and 60 are guaranteed drops, which is nice since he has 5 slots to socket. Gamewith says 60 stamina has a 12% tome drop rate and something like 20% for CC. The rainbow crab evolver has a 4% drop rate, which is kinda sad and funny if you ask me. Fortunately his unevolved form still has 5 slots so the only real reason you'd need to evolve him is for his stats.

The crab is a 100% drop for the first time you clear it. And you only need one unless you want more than one Tesoro. So yeah the 4% drop rate means nothing.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
finished my shiki farming (80 copies) and done my first 40 stamina fireza..i don't think i'm gonna farm it though..i'll probably stick to the golen pirates fn rying to get the other sanji skillbooks

i'm gonna go with heal,orb and one between lock and despair..but just because i have planned my sockets that way for my fuji team
if you plan using him as a captain for a driven team lock and despair should be a priority

Yeah, one possibility i've considered is auto-heal, CD/orbs, Bind/despair. Then I would give another character (Like, say, trebol) the despair/bind, auto-heal, cd, and orbs

The crab is a 100% drop for the first time you clear it. And you only need one unless you want more than one Tesoro. So yeah the 4% drop rate means nothing.

MEANINGLESS??? You try telling that to my future Vivi/Laboon team, the likes of which will be more fabulous than the world has ever seen!

RalchAC

Both 40 and 60 are guaranteed drops, which is nice since he has 5 slots to socket. Gamewith says 60 stamina has a 12% tome drop rate and something like 20% for CC. The rainbow crab evolver has a 4% drop rate, which is kinda sad and funny if you ask me. Fortunately his unevolved form still has 5 slots so the only real reason you'd need to evolve him is for his stats.

If we get him soon, I'll farm him ASAP.

I'm going to make Aokiji cry next time he appears :p

bjork

I'd keep an extra rainbow crab just because, but only if it happened to drop. No way I'd go hunting for it beyond the guaranteed one, I don't think.

I really need to start catching turtle times, some of my units need help with their levels and 1 turtle here and there isn't helping.

Hana-Bi

Started feeding 3d2y Sanji books to Sanji since I need the space for Kuma copies. 3 skill ups out of 30 books seems like average lick. Will run the fn until half stamina ends and see if I can max Sanji (I keep 20 books for a skill up).

EMT0

Banned
Day 2 of the 3D2Y Sanji grind, and I've managed to increase my clear rate to ~80% success, using the same team as before. The key for my team is to go into the boss stage with Marco 1-2 turns away from his special, and let it rip at a critical movement while I dedicate 1-2 turns to getting Indigo to ~60% HP.

At that point, pull the trigger on Arm Point Chopper, 3D2Y Sanji, and Arlong's special and go for the burst on Indigo. If I don't KO him then and there, run over. If I do, I've won as I can usually kill the gorilla with ease using the Friend Captain Sanji's special once I've got a good orb lineup. And worst-case scenario, GP Usopp is usually ready to go for the second stall on the gorilla.

So far, 9 Sanji books. The nice thing about it is that I'm also getting 3D2Y Chopper and Kohza books, whom I both have. The only bad thing is that I'm running through gems like water, 100 box space in two days.

What's the ideal ratio of books per special up to target for boosted skill up events? I ideally wanna get my 3D2Y Sanji's special banked before Dr. Indigo is gone.

mileS

hmmm forgot Kuma is coming up... I wonder if I even have a decent team set up. My qck units are all over the place. I have a bunch of excellent units but the levels are terrible or they need to be evovled. Have missed the most blue turtle times compared to everything else so it makes sense.

EMT0

Banned
I got Tornado Tempo Nami today, and it's really killing me. I accidentally evolved my original Nami to Tornado Tempo Nami before I found out about her being most useful with an alternate evolution. I think this is the third one I've gotten in the three weeks I've been playing. Why is it that I can't get the one vanilla character I actually want ;_;

MANUELF

Banned
I got Tornado Tempo Nami today, and it's really killing me. I accidentally evolved my original Nami to Tornado Tempo Nami before I found out about her being most useful with an alternate evolution. I think this is the third one I've gotten in the three weeks I've been playing. Why is it that I can't get the one vanilla character I actually want ;_;

I though Tornado Tempo Nami could evolve to Mirage Tempo just like Tabasco Star Usopp can evolve to Golden Pound

Kyou

Day 1: 3* Nojiko
Day 2: 3* Mr. 5
Day 3: 3* Pell
Day 4: 3* V1 Luffy

you better not break my streak tomorrow, free pull

EMT0

Banned
Quick question on cotton candy, I know that characters with HP recovery like 3D2Y Sanji are ideal targets for recovery CC. What else would you put on him though, HP or Attack? My gut tells me HP, but I wanted to check for a second opinion.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Free pull: Mr. Prince. So that makes 4 silvers in a row now.

But in better news, I maxed Sanji's special. I'm psyched since he's one of my favorite characters.:
A34N5CO.jpg

Quick question on cotton candy, I know that characters with HP recovery like 3D2Y Sanji are ideal targets for recovery CC. What else would you put on him though, HP or Attack? My gut tells me HP, but I wanted to check for a second opinion.

It's a toss up frankly, and not nearly as important as making sure you max RCV. You could go 50/50 on HP and ATK, or all in for either. He benefits from both.

MANUELF

Banned
I guess for him ATK is better

Jayhawk

Do you have captains or units you use more often than Sanji to put ATK on? Might be better just to put your RCV on Sanji and the other CC on those units.

EMT0

Banned
It's a toss up frankly, and not nearly as important as making sure you max RCV. You could go 50/50 on HP and ATK, or all in for either. He benefits from both.

I guess for him ATK is better

Do you have captains or units you use more often than Sanji to put ATK on? Might be better just to put your RCV on Sanji and the other CC on those units.

Thanks for the feedback guys. I'd say that 3D2Y Sanji is easily my most used unit/captain, so I'm inclined to put ATT CC on him. As a general rule of thumb, what units gets HP cotton candy? I can't really think of any off the top of my head that immediately scream out at me to put HP into them.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Thanks for the feedback guys. I'd say that 3D2Y Sanji is easily my most used unit/captain, so I'm inclined to put ATT CC on him. As a general rule of thumb, what units gets HP cotton candy? I can't really think of any off the top of my head that immediately scream out at me to put HP into them.

You'll end up putting HP candies on everyone who doesn't need RCV candies, which are most units. The only units that standout as really benefiting from HP specifically are like Blackbeard.

Jayhawk

Almost every RR unit will be best suited with max HP candies and max ATK candies.

Only units that have specials or captain abilities modified by amount of RCV will use RCV candies. ATK over HP isn't always the best idea too, if you're already settled on maximizing RCV candy on that unit. My legend Hancock has 100 HP and 100 RCV candy because her captain ability is based on % HP. The HP candies help with that.

Anyway, I mentioned earlier that I was only missing 3 of the available INT, 4-star units from the RR pool. Today's free pull reduced that number to 2 with Machvise, but the one new INT unit in this weekend's batch will increase that count back to 3.

I counted 4-star units for the earlier post because 5-star units are either evolved 4-stars or unevolved legends. You can't pull legends with these free pulls or during YOLO pulls, so I just counted 4-stars. I don't even want to check if I am missing any available 3-star units from RR pool.

It seems like there is a void when it comes to written English guides for this coliseum set and likely future coliseums. Translating Gamewith's guides and various videos seem to be the only resources. I prefer written guides over videos since I am mainly looking for HP amounts, damage amounts from the enemies, and their turn counters.

bjork

Looking through the character log to see what I'm missing, counting slots in the log and not characters specifically. So I have evolved Log Brook, but not the base version, so I'm counting that as one, but Log Luffy counts as 2, and so on.

- 26 RR spots that are for removed or limited time ones (brides, mt corvo, etc)
- 12 spots for legends (Marco/Jimbe/Corazon/Fujitora/Log Luffy II/Cavendish)
- 17 spots for characters I need to evolve
- 26 RR spots I don't have, either both versions of a guy or missing a base version, and counting the Cavendish batch
- 47 spots for story units, including multiple forms like Moria and Kaku.

I thought I was behind, but I didn't know I was this behind. Holy smokes.

RalchAC

Since I don't have any Legebd without farmable sockets, I've been giving socketbooks to my PSY Marco. And he is now finished!

I'll socket my DEX Law next. I've been giving a look to future raid bosses and he could be really useful against Kizaru, on top of being quite important against Enel and a solid DEX captain for Fortnights

Free pull: Mr. Prince. So that makes 4 silvers in a row now.

But in better news, I maxed Sanji's special. I'm psyched since he's one of my favorite characters.:

Congrats on your Sanji! Overall, I don't think it'll be a big difference either way.

But if you aim at +50 for each you'll finish him sooner :p

I still don't have Shanks available from the beginning of the game ┐( ̄ヘ ̄)┌

Me neither. At this point my first 2.5x PSY captain is going to be the Admiral version you can farm at Marineford.

Today pull was story Chopper... again. I already got him on Day 2.

bobohoro

I'm at day 71 with no Legend.
But 3D2Y Luffy is pretty awesome for clearing all FNs and I still need to focus on some base F2P units like Mihawk and Chopper, so for the time being I'm good.

4th free pull was Miss All Sunday. Won't complain about that.
Tried the ranking again right away and got 2m damage because of hitting a great. But should be in reach with her now.

Adeptrain

Arrrghh!! I don't get it...I have great characters and numerous legends, but I can't consistently clear this stupid Hawkins Coliseum!!! I need to farm Hawkins for a better LL team, but I either mess up on Mr. Prince or Hawkins kills me :/ Admittedly, I'm really, really bad at making teams...Anyone up to helping me?

My box is here, anyone have a suggestion for a sure-fire farming team?

http://imgur.com/a/ziBvo

Edit: Ah, one problem I have making teams is my lowish pirate level. Pirate level 150 now, and it really limits how many teams I can run. :/

Arrrghh!! I don't get it...I have great characters and numerous legends, but I can't consistently clear this stupid Hawkins Coliseum!!! I need to farm Hawkins for a better LL team, but I either mess up on Mr. Prince or Hawkins kills me :/ Admittedly, I'm really, really bad at making teams...Anyone up to helping me?

Edit: Ah, one problem I have making teams is my lowish pirate level. Pirate level 150 now, and it really limits how many teams I can run. :/

Stop pulling and start leveling.

RalchAC

Stop pulling and start leveling.

This. I mean. There are half stamina fortnights at the moment. Running them non-stop and farming raid bosses is the fastest way to level up.

Have you skill maxed any raid bosses?

Welp I just dropped my tablet cause I had to sneeze really badly & the screen no longer works. Fuck :|

Remember to not switch from iOS to Android and viceversa, since you'll lose all your gems.

bobohoro

Being somewhere around your level but without Legends I'd still push back farming Colo characters until waaaay later. Personally, I don't even try my hand at Chaos right now, getting my P-Lv up via half stamina FNs, getting skill-ups on utility units and lots of sockets seems more efficient right now. The next big thing will be maxing raid units like Mihawk and Chopper and prepping for Doffy-farming.

From what I've seen of Colosseum, it's really endgame stuff and requires some pretty specific and powerful teams (sometimes even lots of sockets) to farm fast and safe.

And it's kinda funny: I farmed T-Bone for his dupes and got books most of the time. Now I switched to Okama FN to get books and only have turtles, pigs and characters drop for me.

And with funny I mean annoying.

Adeptrain

This. I mean. There are half stamina fortnights at the moment. Running them non-stop and farming raid bosses is the fastest way to level up.

Have you skill maxed any raid bosses?

Yeah. You're both rightright. I know I need to level. I've been averaging 10 to 15 lvls a week.

Also, I have about 60 copies of Mihawk, I'm just waiting for a skillup event.

I wanted to collect Hawkins too, but my pirate level makes it hard to make a solid team. Thus the asking for help.

Hana-Bi

Got Bazooka Luffy as a free pull. Today my Sanji farming got me 8 Marco books while I only gotten 3 Sanji and Chopper books...

Hana-Bi

Lol, got really lucky with my skill ups right now and maxed Dr. Indigo and Scarlet (3 skill ups out of 4 copies) and max socket both too. Could max skill my Sanji, my Chopper, story Oars and rr unevolved Oars (since I skill maxed the evolved version already).

Jayhawk

Reminder that daylight savings time ends overnight, so OPTC events happen an hour earlier in the day.

Started farming Hawkins, I have 10 copies so far. Not sure if I really want to farm 60. My Sengoku is at 23/25 sockets, missing 2 bind sockets. I think I'll stop socketing him and move on to Fujitora.

Top Bottom